AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-19, 12:43   Link #241
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Oh, got my Wii, too. Just got home. Spent a few hours playing Wii Sports over at a friend's house. Said friend has a giant projector screen. Much fun was had.
Old 2006-11-19, 14:15   Link #242
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
I received a message from a friend on MSN... clicked on a link in the message and got a bunch of trojans on my computer.
What the hell? You just click links? You should have asked what it was first.
Old 2006-11-19, 16:13   Link #243
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I actually went to a Best Buy morning launch to get one. A Walmart midnight launch failed. After finding out I wouldn't get one there (28 units; I was number 30 in line), I went home, slept, and got up at 2:40 am. Went to Best Buy at 4 am. They had 84 units, and I was number 49 in line. By 6 am to 7 am the line was full. When they handed out tickets, a decent amount of people left who were at the end of the line and didn't make the count, and a bunch of people kept showing up and leaving upon showing up and then finding out they were S.O.L. The other night, super walmarts in my area were all the same when I called to ask about the lines; more people than units. In the area this Best Buy was, the local Target and regular Walmart and Toys R Us all had campers from last night/early morning and sold out.

I'm quite happy to see this. People are excited about the Wii. GameCube certainly didn't have this reception.
Old 2006-11-19, 19:00   Link #244
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Man i have the worst luck when it comes to console launches..Went to walmart yesterday morning since 6 o clock then come launch time only 30 units and I was 37th in line... then I went to best buy sold out then target SOLD OUT ! then finally I went to the most hidden away eb games SOLD THE FUCK OUT ! Now here I am going back out again to se if I get one and god help me if I don't because someone will die !......I also wanted to rob someone at the walmart but their were 2 cop cars at each entrance to the Walmart...

Anyone have anytips on what part of the internet will the Wii be available ? www.wiipreorders.com kinda helps but its not good enough..
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 20:21   Link #245
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd View Post
Hmmm, poking at the Edge site I definitely see review scores. However, when paging through the magazine that was one of the things I noticed, was that there were no scores. Odd. Well, it will be several days before I return to work, where I will immeadiately hit the stash of videogame magazines to see if I'm completely oblivious, or...huh, well we'll see.
Believe me they're there, but the scores aren't as noticeable as in other magazines so in a way they are getting you to look at the review but it's not through complete removal of scores. Look at the end of each review and you'll see a small number usually in square brackets. Heck they even had (still have?) a section explaining the scores. I dunno it's been a while since I read it myself but for example I know from the same forum I talked about earlier that they gave Zelda TP a 9.

Last edited by Zappster; 2006-11-19 at 20:21. Reason: stupidity
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 21:06   Link #246
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg View Post
Man i have the worst luck when it comes to console launches..Went to walmart yesterday morning since 6 o clock then come launch time only 30 units and I was 37th in line... then I went to best buy sold out then target SOLD OUT ! then finally I went to the most hidden away eb games SOLD THE FUCK OUT ! Now here I am going back out again to se if I get one and god help me if I don't because someone will die !......I also wanted to rob someone at the walmart but their were 2 cop cars at each entrance to the Walmart...

Anyone have anytips on what part of the internet will the Wii be available ? www.wiipreorders.com kinda helps but its not good enough..
Don't need to go and do all that

Nintendo always keeps steady shipments when it comes to their launch. I remember back with Gamecube and N64, for like the first couple of weeks or so it was kind of hard to find one, but I was able to get one before christmas. Just call around and find out when stores are getting shippments in. It may be hard this month since majority of people will be doing their holiday shopping next week. If you really keep at it, it shouldn't be hard for you to eventually find one before the year is up.

I member back when the 360 released, they had a program that let you put in your zipcode, and it would alert you when a BB, CC, and like Walmart in your area would get a new batch in. I'll search around if the same guy that made that, has made one for the PS3 and Wii.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 21:56   Link #247
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
You could bury yourself under the snow in the mountains, cryogenically freezing yourself until the Wii is available. Just make sure your friend remembers to dig you out.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 22:27   Link #248
Lebron
I hear voices

Freaking lame, I wanted to d/l OOT, but sadly they don't have it up on the VC yet. We did however, d/l Sonic the Hedgehog and Mario 64 for the time being. Bringing back alot of fun memories.

And from what we've played of TP, about a good 5 hours or so, loving the hell out of it so far. I thought the Wii remote was a crappy tacked on gimmick and figured the GC version would be superior. Yea, I think im eating my own words on that one. I don't even want to play the GC version now :P
Old 2006-11-19, 22:32   Link #249
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
*jump with glee as lebron eats his own words*

ad yeah, i wanted to do a Eric Cartman too, not too bothered if i don't get found either, i look forward a K-9 robot and talk to Otters, plus the Buck Rogers theme is cool!
Old 2006-11-19, 22:39   Link #250
Papaya
Sup

You have no idea how lost I was until I read the Wikipedia for the episode.
*not familiar with classic American shows*

I'm very, very happy to hear TP is great with the Wiimote.

It's too bad Red Steel sorta sucks though.
Old 2006-11-19, 23:22   Link #251
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Apparently the next shipment of Wiis at my local EB will be the coming Weds or Thurs... he's guaranteed that he'll put a console aside for me (I'm like second on the calling list, and I'm a regular there so the manager knows me well). So... I'll just have to deal with staring at the box of my Wii Twilight Princess for the next 3-4 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
What the hell? You just click links? You should have asked what it was first.
I had, at the MAX, 4 hours of sleep. I had just gotten back from standing for an hour+ in 0 Celsius temperature (probably lower if you count the wind) and spending another hour walking to the nearby Best Buy, Sam's Club, Toys 'R' Us and Loblaws trying to find the system. Excuse me for forgetting that my friend was at work so there was no ****ing logically reason that he could've sent me an IM. Just... geez, forget it, don't talk to me.

(For reference, I got rid of the trojan, for some reason it went and only infected a zip file I had of vdub.)
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 23:43   Link #252
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

dunno why people say red steel is crap. i like those sort of games,and everyone is getting zelda.... :/

I'm not getting call of duty 3 either, heard the controls are funny. Plus, Red Steel got multiplayer.

:P

shame Europe isn't getting Trauma Centre.

I'm gutted. everyone on US side gets to haveit...WHY NOT MEEEEEE????!!!

>.<
Old 2006-11-19, 23:48   Link #253
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
dunno why people say red steel is crap. i like those sort of games,and everyone is getting zelda.... :/

I'm not getting call of duty 3 either, heard the controls are funny. Plus, Red Steel got multiplayer.

:P

shame Europe isn't getting Trauma Centre.

I'm gutted. everyone on US side gets to haveit...WHY NOT MEEEEEE????!!!

>.<
Because it is crap? The game doesn't look all too great... and apparently doesn't play too well either. I mean, I guess I shouldn't judge since I haven't played it, but to be honest it never really impressed me at any point.

CoD3 is supposed to be pretty good... though the controls could use more refining (especially the "tug-of-war / hand-to-hand" sequences.

I picked up Trauma Center along with Twilight Princess... I may pick up Rayman (those Rabbids are too cute for their own good ) when I go in next time as well. =x
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 23:50   Link #254
Papaya
Sup

What do you guys think about the new Mario?

It looks too... weird for me.
Old 2006-11-19, 23:59   Link #255
Lebron
I hear voices

Red Steel is crap to me, im sorry. I love Ubisoft, but this one really didn't live up to what it could of been. I mean the graphics in SP, are pretty good for the most part, but head on over to MP and it looks like were back in the N64 days.

But what really plagues Red Steel, is the overall controls. Its too glitchy for my taste. I'm sure there will be people that love this game, and praise it to high heaven. But as a hardcore FPS fan, its not really working for me. I like the idea, and I think if it wasn't a launch title, they could of had more time to make it work. Lets just put hopes in Metroid, cuz from the vids I've seen back at Nintendo World, it looked like it was having the same issues with the controls. Good thing they delayed it, give them time to make it work.

Trauma Center is oddly addicting. I didn't play the DS version, so this series is new to me. I didn't get to play that much doh, since TP consumes your soul.

And the new Mario is looking real good to me. I love the overall look and grahpics, and the controls seem spot on aswell. Can't wait to play it.
Old 2006-11-20, 00:13   Link #256
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

well as a "hardcore FPS" which games would you recommend?

Call of Duty 3? Far Cry: Vengeance? or Metroid Prime? no wait. metriod coming out later. DAMMIT.

Call of Duty 3 or Far Cry: Vengeance? which one? thos are the only "FPS" on it...

I can only afford one game, and i don't want it to be zelda (it'll just suck me up, plus my mates getting it)

So i neeeed another game, and no, we don't have Trauma Centre. Dammit people, stop torturing me about it! >.<
Old 2006-11-20, 00:20   Link #257
Lebron
I hear voices

well thats hard to say, like I said, some may acutally like Red Steel. I'm sure some FPSers will like it aswell. I just didn't. I just wasn't feeling the controls.

But from what I've seen if you had to choose one, I would go with Metriod. Then again, it got delayed till sometime next year, so yea if you don't mind waiting.

Far Cry wasn't that great on the Xbox or the 360. Well I thought it wasn't. When you compare it to the first Far Cry. So I can't really comment on that.

Call of Duty 3, however, looks pretty good running on the Wii. And it got reviews around the 80% range compared to Red Steel's 66% avg.

Don't let me spoil your party doh, for all we know, you could love Red Steel. Maybe you should just give it a rent first.

edit* seems COD3 doesn't have Multiplayer on the Wii, and Red Steel does. So maybe if your planning on playign with a bud, that may be the real money maker. Like I said, I searched around, and it seems alot of people actually like Red Steel, despite the low ratings. So there you go, maybe you may indeed love it.
Old 2006-11-20, 00:34   Link #258
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

LOL, I'll rub it in s'more and say that Trauma Center is awesome. XD

Besides that, I'm very happy about the Wii so far. Zelda is just awesome and the controls are really fun. During battles, I end up standing up and swinging because its feels much more intense. And DBZ is tiring as hell if you use the Wii-mote controls, but it's pretty fun nonetheless. If you have a classic controller, that's probably your best bet as it feels better than a PS2 controller (minus the oddly placed Z-triggers) and works really well with DBZ.

Plus, I'm happy I didn't have to wait a long ass time for the thing. XD

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 00:36   Link #259
Lebron
I hear voices

oh someone's an Ass:P

But yea, Zelda is awesome. It does indeed consume your soul. Thank god, next week is Thanksgiving break, so no class to worry about.

also did you get slow updates aswell? Mine took forever to update. It was crazy, and our campus has an fast connection, so it has to be Nintendo's Servers.
Old 2006-11-20, 00:38   Link #260
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

*operates on Gevurah*

meh, bit tired of WWII titles, but from what i heard of RS, the stories okay, but i liked FC, the first one of course, afte that it was pretty repetitive. mind you RS is prety restrictive. FC on pc was pretty much freeroaming, but im abite tired of islands....
would love to rent, but it's so new, where i'm i going to rent it from?

mm...maybe i should just go safe and get zelda.....

eh? thanks giving? i thought that was july 4th?

Tags
console, wii