AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-05, 16:00   Link #121
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Which brings us up to 45. =P

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 16:03   Link #122
Ttak

With such a big cast, I wonder if the anime will have any problems on developing it ^^
Ttak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 16:03   Link #123
Kitsu
The unlucky one

So since she is the 45st person let' s call that unkown new girl "45" or the greek for that (Like lamdadelta)
Old 2009-07-05, 16:04   Link #124
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
So since she is the 45st person let' s call that unkown new girl "45" or the greek for that (Like lamdadelta)
There's already Siesta 45... wouldn't that be a little confusing?

Old 2009-07-05, 16:05   Link #125
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Like I said let's go with the greek
Old 2009-07-05, 16:05   Link #126
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Miepsilon? I don't like it.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 16:07   Link #127
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I'm not a huge fan of nicknames when virtually nothing about the character is known...

I'm just going to keep calling her New Girl until her name is revealed. ^^;

Old 2009-07-05, 16:08   Link #128
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Chibeato is cute =)

OMFG
Antera Caramichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 16:20   Link #129
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

While I'm guessing we'll be shown a lot of flashbacks (because Virgilia is shown) but I don't think it's too early to start making outrageous theories. Portrait girl/shipwreck girl might have appeared earlier.

Spoiler:

We could propose a theory like this:
Spoiler:

Or something dumb like that. I don't know. I'm just going to tie her into what Beato says to Rokkenjima-Battler in EP4.

nyoro~n

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 16:28   Link #130
Marion
The Great Dine

Actually I was thinking of the Siestas as the school security guards |D

Spoiler for EP 5 speculation:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 16:36   Link #131
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I would like to remind you all that, even if we accept speculations and the like, please do not start random chatters and fool expectations / "private" jokes.
If you don't have anything to discuss (personal theories, new information, etc) just DON'T post.

There will be more information in due time, but please do NOT start a riot.
Old 2009-07-05, 16:43   Link #132
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I honestly don't even know how can they find a shipwrecked person on Rokkenjima. Wasn't there stated somewhere that it's considerably far from everywhere? Even the boattransfer took like hours IIRC, and that's from the closest settlement to Rokkenjima. So what would anyone hope to do sneaking into there?
My guess is something harmful, but seeing that girl (whom I will refer as Blueeyed Rika from now on) I imagine she isn't there to sabotage the conference. She is probably a young girl anyway, around Maria's age probably. I cannot grasp what a ~10 year old girl is hoping to accomplish by infiltrating a family conference. I really doubt it's a coincidence she's there. And how come that she's the only one survivor? Obviously she didn't travel there on a raft.

The other thing clearly odd is that quote:
Quote:
"No, it truly is right in the middle of a storm. .........Natsuhi-sama. I propose that we change the closed room barrier into something else."
Why the hell would Virgilia tell Natsuhi what sort of mystery she recommends. If they are all there to kill her, then obviously Natsuhi couldn't really do anything about where her corpse going to end. Nor is there any benefit for Virgilia to let Natsuhi know what's going to happen.
Or maybe Virgilia was just commenting on N's sentiment on the bad weather, and then says to Beato and Ronove to do something else this time than a closed room. But that's a bit silly IMO. "Oh yeah Natsuhi, the weather sure is bad. Anyway where shall we dump the corpse of that woman?"
I don't really know but that feels a bit strange to me however I want to interpret it. Speaking of which, it's also a bit dubious why is she interacting with Kinzo again.
And why Natsuhi gets twilighted again? :/ She should survive to the end once at least.
Oh well, we gonna see. It's not like we can decipher much of those few pictures, but they do seem intriguing and they deserve some consideration, as they might hint something.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-05 at 17:07. Reason: irritating typos
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 16:54   Link #133
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
"The girl washed up on Rokkenjima during a conference. Through some series of events, Battler leads her to her death (ala Rosa and Beato?). Battler could have lied about the death or something which would have been his sin. Then, six years later, the massacre on Rokkenjima takes places as revenge by her family or something.
But Battler would remember leading a girl to her death wouldn't he?

And yes I also don't believe that's a concidence that she alone strands. And know I want some epic BGM You all say that she is the stranded person...just because she looks like a new character and in those screenshots it was talked about a person stranding

OBJECTION!

What if the person who strands isn't her at all but someoneelse? Someone whose spirit we haven't seen yet.
"you are the culprit" isn't that a little bit suspicious for a ten years old to say in a calm manner after a murder? I think that character is just another meta character an important one but not the mystery person that strands there!
Old 2009-07-05, 17:05   Link #134
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
What if the person who strands isn't her at all but someoneelse? Someone whose spirit we haven't seen yet.
"you are the culprit" isn't that a little bit suspicious for a ten years old to say in a calm manner after a murder? I think that character is just another meta character an important one but not the mystery person that strands there!
Then why wasn't the scene decorated with the rose-lattice pattern indicative of the Meta-World / Purgatorio?
Old 2009-07-05, 17:08   Link #135
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Hmm I believe she was materialized into the real world in that scene... but even being a meta-chara that's possible.. remember EP4?

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 17:08   Link #136
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Well then why wasn't the scene with Gaap and Ronove ,Virgilia decorated with the rose-lattice pattern indicative of the Meta-World / Purgatorio?

And vandakiara beat me to it again
Old 2009-07-05, 17:09   Link #137
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well then why wasn't the scene with Gaap and Ronove ,Virgilia decorated with the rose-lattice pattern indicative of the Meta-World / Purgatorio?

And vandakiara beat me to it again
gomen but it is true x)

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 17:11   Link #138
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I sleep for 6 hours and I see 7 pages of an Episode 5 thread.

Anyway, chronotrig posted translations of some text. Aside from the 「あなたは犯人です」 one, are there pictures for the other ones? I'm going to assume none.

Personally, I don't think this girl got shipwrecked on the actual family conference. It introduces a new piece on the gameboard which violates a lot of red text right now. But then, maybe it is related to that "scribbling" on the chessboard talk.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 17:15   Link #139
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Anyway, chronotrig posted translations of some text. Aside from the 「あなたは犯人です」 one, are there pictures for the other ones? I'm going to assume none.
Yep, there are pictures for the other ones here
But we don't have too much info about those scenes so it's really hard to figure out what's really happening there.
Ttak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 17:24   Link #140
milkypink
♥~☆~♥

Quote:
But Battler would remember leading a girl to her death wouldn't he?
Even though I don't currently think that's what happened, I'm going to go with: not necessarily. If it was a traumatic event, he might have blocked it out (a la the protagonist in Kanon) the last six years...

Buuut I'm not a fan of that theory at the moment.

I feel weird thinking she's a totally new character that we've never heard of, but it's definitely possible. The Bern angle seems unlikely, no matter how much they look alike. I'm doubting Asumu because of the age (although she could be a young version of someone... but that seems unlikely as well).

I like her character design, regardless. I'm looking forward to finding out
milkypink is offline   Reply With Quote