AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 00:55   Link #261
Taufiq91

I just love this week's episode. I couldn't stop laughing at.

The entire parody of Super Sentai/Power Rangers is great, and the weapons selections is like a lulzy Narutaru:

"I suggest leftovers from the former Soviet Union"

Anyone thinks that the Prince is a /b/tard? Imagine 4chan exploding just by having him online.
Old 2011-02-08, 03:49   Link #262
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
I still don't understand why the guys don't make the levelup easy by simply sleeping with the costumes on? That's about 24 levels for free...
Not sure about subs, but they need to change to level up, not just staying in the costume, which is why they have to keep shouting those embarrassing henshin if they want to level up XD
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 04:29   Link #263
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Not sure about subs, but they need to change to level up, not just staying in the costume, which is why they have to keep shouting those embarrassing henshin if they want to level up XD
No, all they have to do is stay transformed. Every 30 minutes they stay that way they gain a level or so according to "lil Prince".

Also, if you read the page of text in the original manga (which was on the screen a little bit in the anime but not enough to read it) it also mentions that staying transformed for more than 24 hours at a time may have unwanted side effects including death.

I think the reason blue kept shouting it was because he couldn't stand to stay that way for very long, reverted the transformation, then calmed down and transformed again.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 05:10   Link #264
Graskell
invisible man

Actually, if I'm remembering correctly, in the manga the amount of time you stay transformed is directly proportional to how loud you shout. Leave it to the Prince to find a way to maximize the embarrassment factor .
Old 2011-02-08, 05:38   Link #265
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
No, all they have to do is stay transformed. Every 30 minutes they stay that way they gain a level or so according to "lil Prince".
Blue's extreme leveling up at the end was hilarious, complete with a fanfare and everything.

That and Lil' Prince's so useful user manual were the highlights for me.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 07:42   Link #266
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graskell View Post
Actually, if I'm remembering correctly, in the manga the amount of time you stay transformed is directly proportional to how loud you shout. Leave it to the Prince to find a way to maximize the embarrassment factor .
Hmm, I'll have to go back and scan the manual page again... Either way, it was stated that the leveling up is based on the time you stay transformed and not the times you transform.

Next episode we can argue about the intricacies of MP usage!
Sam Pinansky
Old 2011-02-08, 08:24   Link #267
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I have to check too XD. All I remember is that they were too embarrassed to level up so I somehow thought you have to henshin to level up XD
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 10:26   Link #268
klare

imagine yourself wearing yellow tight suit and mask while doing the transformination dance, i totally understand why they feel embarass, worse is have to endure Prince's voice in your head everyday...

Prince is as thick face as usual, but that is one of his attractive points, also like Lil Prince
Old 2011-02-08, 11:00   Link #269
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ahah "Devil Craft" , Prince really want to bother him
Manual part was hilarious. That Sensei is a beauty ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 11:46   Link #270
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ahah "Devil Craft" , Prince really want to bother him
Manual part was hilarious. That Sensei is a beauty ^^
True, in human form and in original alien form.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 11:54   Link #271
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Prince is soooo obnoxious, and yet so likable from our standpoint as viewers. I have to admit I can't blame those kids for wanting to rip his face off. Poor Craft, it seems like he's going to be the butt of the joke once again.

The sensei was surprisingly cute indeed. I wouldn't go as far as to say beautiful however, as I'm not really into lizard girl. Her design was definitely cool though.
Old 2011-02-08, 11:57   Link #272
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I have to check too XD. All I remember is that they were too embarrassed to level up so I somehow thought you have to henshin to level up XD
Checked. We're both right. The manual says that you level up based on the total time you've stayed transformed, and then in the paragraph below, it says that the louder you yell the longer you'll stay transformed.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2011-02-08, 13:22   Link #273
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Really, as far as mysterious white-clad beings who grants super powers this season, as much as an obnoxious troll the Prince is, I still prefer than that certain other alternative...even if he doesn't even promise to grant a wish. Episode was nice as usual, although now that we already know that Prince is a total troll and is already expecting for a twist, the shock we had in the early episodes is lessened somewhat. Also, not a huge fan of the kids, I prefer the baseball guy and the girl. I wonder if they're ever going to come up again, or was it all going to be focused on Prince and the random people he trolls? Seeing how the kids' adventures will continue next week, without any sign of them...

Also, am I the only one who prefers the teacher alien form than her standard human form? I mean, here we have a literal honest-to-goodness green skinned alien babe, like a She-Hulk with Wolverine claws. I won't mind her becoming my teacher, even if especially if she's teaching in her alien form...
Old 2011-02-08, 15:56   Link #274
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Episode spoiler
Spoiler:
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 16:44   Link #275
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Really, as far as mysterious white-clad beings who grants super powers this season, as much as an obnoxious troll the Prince is, I still prefer than that certain other alternative...even if he doesn't even promise to grant a wish.
In this case, I'd say Kyubey is actually the lesser of the two evils. Not because he grants you a sweet wish in return (although this also weighs in the balance), but because he at least gives you the freedom to choose whether or not to become his toy. You have no one to blame but yourself if you fall for Kyubey's sweet talk. With the Prince, however... you don't have a choice. You either do what he says or hell awaits you (ask poor Craft).
Old 2011-02-08, 16:48   Link #276
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Also, am I the only one who prefers the teacher alien form than her standard human form? I mean, here we have a literal honest-to-goodness green skinned alien babe, like a She-Hulk with Wolverine claws. I won't mind her becoming my teacher, even if especially if she's teaching in her alien form...
I already said what sexual reaction my body had when seeing her in that form, but a mod removed that part of the post.
I obviously agree: I really love her in her alien form.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 19:02   Link #277
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
In this case, I'd say Kyubey is actually the lesser of the two evils. Not because he grants you a sweet wish in return (although this also weighs in the balance), but because he at least gives you the freedom to choose whether or not to become his toy. You have no one to blame but yourself if you fall for Kyubey's sweet talk. With the Prince, however... you don't have a choice. You either do what he says or hell awaits you (ask poor Craft).
Craft can resign, MG can't. Kyubey wouldn't force you, it just stalks you wherever you go with or without your notice (check Sayaka for latter's proof).
Old 2011-02-08, 19:08   Link #278
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
True, in human form and in original alien form.
True Ture, she is HOT.

And I pitty his security guy ... he will get it again.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 20:54   Link #279
monir
cho~ kakkoii

There were a lot of shows in this season that had a great opening episodes. We are in the fifth week (and for some series, in the sixth week) into this Winter 2010-11 season, and as I've seen in some series that showed so much promise has already reached their peak. Level E is an exception. It has remained consistently a very good show. I laughed like an idiot as I watched episode 5.

I think what I like about the theme about this show that you are never too old to have fun. Prince is the epitome of it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 23:34   Link #280
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think what I like about the theme about this show that you are never too old to have fun. Prince is the epitome of it.
The epitome of having fun...at the expense of everybody else.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction, shounen