AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-08-23, 03:25   Link #4381
Sixth
Hu Tao

The Paranormal Liberation Front?

Is it just me or League of Villains name is 10x better than the new name?

At least it is concise and simple. Even the short form, LoV is cooler than TPLF and it is easier to type LoV.

Oh well, at least I think Hero Organization caught some winds of TPLF action for now. The upper management of HO did well for initiating the spy plan. Now it remains whether Hawk will get out from this mess alive or not. I afraid that the "doctor" might have realized about Hawk being spy here.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 04:05   Link #4382
Random14

I'm glad this arc is over, or at least the plot is moving on. I hated the last arc with all the power-ups. I almost felt sorry for that other army- they did a lot of research to take down the League of Villains, but it all backfired. I guess Shigaraki had to prove himself to the doctor but now he's got a new army and All For One's resources basically (and already Endeavor could barely fight one of the new Nomus).

At least Hawks can see how things just got a whole lot worse, happy to see him again. Whether he'll be able to send a report about this disastrous situation, well, I guess we'll see.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 06:16   Link #4383
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Great job ruining Re-Destro's character. I'd say he could be plotting behind Shigaraki's back, but that's unlikely at this point.

As much as I enjoyed this arc, the ending did leave me on a sour note, but that's fine. At least now we're hopefully going back to Deku.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 08:32   Link #4384
marvelB

Yeah, I also can't say I'm too thrilled with Re-Destro's apparent personality shift into Shigaraki's #1 fanboy (though I was at least amused by those expressions he made during and after the speech). I guess we'll see him return to his calm, collected demeanor once he starts battling the heroes, but.... eh. Otherwise, the highlight of the chapter for me was seeing more Twice/Toga antics (I especially like how the former seems to have become even crazier now that he "liberated" his quirk ). Oh, and as far as the new name for the organization goes.... meh. Like Shigaraki said, the name is irrelevant, anyways.

As far as Hawks goes, I think it's safe to say that he didn't kill Best Jeanist.... though amusingly, Dabi doesn't seem to give a crap if he did (though he apparently judged the corpse in that body bag to be real, which is pretty disturbing in its own right). And as for the task the doctor assigned to Shigaraki, my guess is that he wants him to either capture Hawks (who he may suspect of being a spy, as mentioned earlier), or possibly Deku (who he previously diagnosed as "quirkless", but may be interested in his newfound abilities). Another possibility is that he might also ask him to bust AFO and the other detained villains such as Kurogiri out of prison, but I think it's still a little early for that to happen....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 08:46   Link #4385
grecefar

seriously everybody survive and join shiragaraki and the only one who died is the shuesia hottie?, or she was there and I just didn't see her?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 09:35   Link #4386
kiak666

And people are now shipping Dabi and Geten...
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 09:56   Link #4387
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
And people are now shipping Dabi and Geten...
Endeavor gonna explode and burn Japan with him after they create the perfect ice-fire child
Old 2019-08-23, 10:16   Link #4388
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not a fan of Re-destro acting like Shigaraki's dog either. His aide (forgot his name) isn't liking it, either. To see the man you followed reduced to this must hurt.

And I know it's been his trademark all these years, but I'm kind of disappointed Shigaraki still wears a hand on his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
seriously everybody survive and join shiragaraki and the only one who died is the shuesia hottie?, or she was there and I just didn't see her?
She's dead. It was even reported in the newspapers.

We traded one hottie for another though, since it appears Geten (the ice controller who fought Dabi) was actually a girl.
Old 2019-08-23, 10:20   Link #4389
RDNexus

Wait, what? I didn't even notice... And I just read the chapter...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 10:23   Link #4390
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Wait, what? I didn't even notice... And I just read the chapter...
Take another look at the double spread when the new name of the organization gets announced. You'll see a girl wearing a very familiar parka on the stage.
Old 2019-08-23, 11:36   Link #4391
RDNexus

Oh goodness... I really didn't notice it
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 11:55   Link #4392
Wandering Soul

I prefer LOV to TPLF. I'm also not a fan of Re-Destro's fanboying over Shiragaki, but as long as they keep that as a gag and leave him as being more calm and collected when dealing with opponents, I can accept it.
Old 2019-08-23, 13:02   Link #4393
Hakai

Still not sure. But I'm looking forward to her(?) interactions with Dabi either way, after the amount of shittalking that happened during their fight

Also if it's really not a trap then Geten has to be one of the strongest female characters so far.
Old 2019-08-23, 18:43   Link #4394
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Geten is not a trap. I'm 99% certain.
Old 2019-08-30, 04:01   Link #4395
Hakai

God I needed this chapter so badly. This is everything that I love about MHA.

Shoto being socially inept

Deku being a dork

Baku being a salty bitch

And the rest of the class being their goofy self.

I swear Mt Lady gets more thicc every time we see her, did she learn to use her quirk in a different way
Shoto trolled her hard though, Deku and Baku also managed to be weird as well in their own way during the interview(wtf was that Deku, bald dude must be crying inside ofa).
Is this the curse of being big 3, like the strongest 3 of the year just gotta be weird as fuck

Internship here we come! Can't wait to see which heroes they work with.
Old 2019-08-30, 05:10   Link #4396
Random14

Its nice to finally get back to those loveable dorks. And Bakugo (who is still hilariously over the top with his attitude ). Huh, back to the internships. I wonder where Deku will end up now, with Gran Torino busy and All Might retired. And I thought All Might look tired before, now he looks even worse (but he is working hard on research about One For All).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-30, 05:11   Link #4397
SidVicious
Anime addict

That 'Exorcist' reference...
Old 2019-08-30, 05:50   Link #4398
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
I wonder where Deku will end up now, with Gran Torino busy and All Might retired.
Miruko please! She could teach the boy a thing or two about kicking(and being more confident+awesome in general)
Old 2019-08-30, 09:39   Link #4399
marvelB

While I was one of the few who actually enjoyed the villain arc, I still gotta say I'm also glad to see the main cast again! Ah Bakugou, as butthurt as always, I see. And did I see Mineta attempt to grope Mount Lady, there? Also, it looks like Deku is going for a Spider-Man style of approach with his new quirk....

As far as the internships go, I suppose one option for Deku is to return to Nighteye's old HQ (as I recall, it's being run by that centipede fellow now), but I think it would be a pretty interesting twist if Endeavor chose him as an intern. Though, as top-ranked heroes go, I'm personally hoping he works under that washing machine, heh.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-30, 10:04   Link #4400
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
While I was one of the few who actually enjoyed the villain arc, I still gotta say I'm also glad to see the main cast again! Ah Bakugou, as butthurt as always, I see. And did I see Mineta attempt to grope Mount Lady, there? Also, it looks like Deku is going for a Spider-Man style of approach with his new quirk....

As far as the internships go, I suppose one option for Deku is to return to Nighteye's old HQ (as I recall, it's being run by that centipede fellow now), but I think it would be a pretty interesting twist if Endeavor chose him as an intern. Though, as top-ranked heroes go, I'm personally hoping he works under that washing machine, heh.
Nah, I think grape boy is still traumatized by whatever Mt. Lady did to him during their internship...

Last edited by kiak666; 2019-08-30 at 10:50.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot