AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-23, 22:31   Link #241
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

The extras totally make up for the ending, though.

They were frickin' hilarious.
Old 2009-03-23, 23:10   Link #242
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
yeah but it should show how it end up u know marriage and baby girl they have if her parents came to see the grand daughter

i wonder if the another series of this manga come with karin and Kenta daugther kanoko and her cousin what his name when she release she was born half vampire.
Old 2009-03-23, 23:19   Link #243
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

That ending came out of nowhere and felt very out of place. It really killed the family theme that was so strong throughout the entire story. If it wasn't for the extra I'd probably be a little angrier at how things turned out.
Old 2009-03-24, 01:10   Link #244
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not quite clear what was solved by the wipe..... they *still* have to protect her and there are still issues....

99% of the series was very entertaining though...
Old 2009-03-24, 02:55   Link #245
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
How could that be happy Sure, it has a happy ending...but not a completely happy one. Maybe that is the pont? We can't have our cake and eat it too?
Because the mangaka has a misfortune fetish. Maybe she even wanted a tragic end similar to what you suggested but was rejected by her editor.

Her latest work is Hekikai no AiON if anyone's intrested.
Old 2009-03-24, 09:33   Link #246
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Well I didn't expect that Elda's the strongest liveing vampire left in Japan no wonder there all scared of her.
Well,she is about 200 years old,offcourse she is strong.Like Elders (Karin) or Pure Blood (Blood the last vampire) or True Ancestor (Tsukihime) class.
Too bad she must die in the end,beside reincarnate as Karin & Kenta's Daughter (The Gradma who turn to her own Great Grand daughter)
Old 2009-03-24, 10:06   Link #247
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Too bad she must die in the end,beside reincarnate as Karin & Kenta's Daughter (The Gradma who turn to her own Great Grand daughter)
Elda is not Sophia, it's Sophia that is reincarnated in Kanon.
Old 2009-03-24, 14:54   Link #248
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Elda is not Sophia, it's Sophia that is reincarnated in Kanon.
Ah!you right,my bad!sorry!(after re-read it this night)

Yes,I want the 2nd season for this manga,telling about Kanon and her Sleeping vampire bloodline,and Adult Karin.
May be the author can make some trouble, like Karin awakened by some blood transfusion and begin her Vampiric nature to suck blood of unhappy person (reverse of her habit to inject unhappy person with her blood).
Then Kanon start develop a syndrom that make both of them force Kenta to tell the truth and how other Vampires family try to abduct Kanon in the hope to find other Pusuke, secretly of course (since Elda will take their life if she know).
Old 2009-03-24, 17:58   Link #249
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Ah!you right,my bad!sorry!(after re-read it this night)

Yes,I want the 2nd season for this manga,telling about Kanon and her Sleeping vampire bloodline,and Adult Karin.
May be the author can make some trouble, like Karin awakened by some blood transfusion and begin her Vampiric nature to suck blood of unhappy person (reverse of her habit to inject unhappy person with her blood).
Then Kanon start develop a syndrom that make both of them force Kenta to tell the truth and how other Vampires family try to abduct Kanon in the hope to find other Pusuke, secretly of course (since Elda will take their life if she know).
Please read this post by Anyien from mangafox, it explains everything:

Spoiler for karin ending:

The ending takes a little bit of close reading comprehension of the earlier chapters, but once you've read this series several times, it all makes sense.

Basically, the story you suggested wouldn't be possible because of the reasons above.

I hope Yuna Kagesaki does something with Karin again, though. She seemed to really enjoy working on it and still does a bit of artwork of it from time to time.
I could see a story about Kanon, as long as the slice of life parts are done really well, it has lots of potential to be good.
Old 2009-03-24, 19:50   Link #250
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
But what about kanon she half vampire meaning she be able to waken her vampire powers
Old 2009-03-24, 20:01   Link #251
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeath View Post
But what about kanon she half vampire meaning she be able to waken her vampire powers
Read the post again.

Kanon is 100% human. Even though Karin is a vampire by birth, she is no longer a vampire because of the reasons stated in the post.

Therefore, Kanon inherits no vampire traits.

Proof of this is that she's 14 in the extra and has no aversion to light or fangs growing in, and 14 is pretty much the age where child vampires become adults.
Old 2009-03-24, 20:06   Link #252
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

She's not half vampire. Karin was not a normal vampire to begin with, and when she stopped having nosebleeds there was no longer a reason to say she isn't human. In the most extreme case, one could say Karin is an ex-weird-vampire. There's nothing in Karin's blood that can clasify her as a vampire now therefore her descendants won't have any reasons to be part vampires at all. So Kanon will surely be half human, half ex-weird-vampire Meaning: no, she will not awake.

Edit: MatriXX beat me
Old 2009-03-24, 23:51   Link #253
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It also means that perhaps Kanon is not sterile....
Old 2009-03-25, 03:54   Link #254
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It also means that perhaps Kanon is not sterile....
And being protected by a fearsome Great Grand Mother (Elda), Pretty Auntie (Anju), Playboy Uncle (Ren), Brutal Grandma (Calera), and Gentle Grandpa which is all Vampire.May be she will wonder one day,why no body dare to flirt or spoiling with her
Old 2009-03-25, 04:22   Link #255
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatriXX View Post
Kanon is 100% human. Even though Karin is a vampire by birth, she is no longer a vampire because of the reasons stated in the post.
Karin is still a vampire by birth. Outside of nosebleeds and injecting blood, she acted just like a human. The curse was lifted so she no longer had a problem with her blood increasing (and thus no urge to bite to relieve it), but that doesn't change her lineage. Even with the curse lifted, she's still an oddity - the vampire who acts just like a human.

The only reason she got a memory wipe was because her family felt she belonged in the human world to gain happiness, which I felt is a cruel choice that was done with stupid rationalization and without her consent that made no difference at all because she spent most of her time in the human world anyway. In short, it was out of character with everything they had done up to that point. The only reason for the happy ending of the afterstory is because Karin and Usui put their bad feelings behind them and moved on - there was nothing that could be done after the family made their choice.

As for Kanon, she's just as much a loose end as her mother. Since the story sets the precedent that both women are unique in the vampire world, who is to say that things couldn't change in the future if the author wanted it to?

People can take the ending at face value or they can imagine the "what ifs", because the author left just enough leeway for either case.

But either way you look at it, the memory wipe is pointless. Karin being oblivious to her vampire family makes no difference to the ending of the tale. We know Karin from the previous chapters. She was a happy go lucky girl who was thoughtful and considerate, even when bad things happened. Her happiness was not contingent on her knowledge of where she came from, just the people she surrounded herself with.
Old 2009-03-25, 07:02   Link #256
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatriXX View Post
Read the post again.

Therefore, Kanon inherits no vampire traits.

Proof of this is that she's 14 in the extra and has no aversion to light or fangs growing in, and 14 is pretty much the age where child vampires become adults.
I don't really agree with that a person genetic make up doesn't just change because they fall in love, her vampire heritage may not show up in Kanon but more than likely will show up in future generations.
Old 2009-03-25, 08:36   Link #257
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
I don't really agree with that a person genetic make up doesn't just change because they fall in love, her vampire heritage may not show up in Kanon but more than likely will show up in future generations.
unlikely considering that vampirism is mystical in origin and karins blood was purified in short no vampires will show up in her line.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2009-03-25, 11:47   Link #258
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
unlikely considering that vampirism is mystical in origin and karins blood was purified in short no vampires will show up in her line.
Vampires in karin aren't mystical you can't be turned into a vampire by been bitten the only way to be a vampire is to be born one, if anything vampire's in Karin are a humun subspecies.
Old 2009-03-25, 14:15   Link #259
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Vampires in karin aren't mystical you can't be turned into a vampire by been bitten the only way to be a vampire is to be born one, if anything vampire's in Karin are a humun subspecies.
they can only be considered that if indeed humans where there origin. to date that is unknown.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2009-03-25, 16:17   Link #260
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
they can only be considered that if indeed humans where there origin. to date that is unknown.
If they weren't a fairly closely related species to humans they wouldn't be able to produce offspring like Yuriya.
Closed Thread

Tags
shounen, vampire