AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-10-08, 08:13   Link #61
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
圧倒 的劣勢の中、上条当麻の反撃が始まる――!
大熱波が去り、復旧モードの学園都市。そこは、通信インフラが寸断された混乱の影響で、『警備員(アンチス キル)』達さえ手綱の握れぬ無法地帯となっていた。
そんな学園都市を、上里翔流帰還を信じる『上里勢力』の少女たちが、自由気ままに暴れ回る!
追跡のエキスパート『辿り屋』絵恋、直接戦力を得意とする変幻自在の海賊少女の琉華、ネットを駆使して大衆 を操る幽霊少女の冥亞……。木原唯一に『右手』を盾にされ、上条当麻抹殺を命じられた彼女達だが、その芯は 変わらない。想い人を取り戻す。その信念ゆえに突き進む。
全てを賭して襲い来る少女達から逃走する上条。彼の味方は、『上里勢力』からたった一人ついてきたUFO少 女・府蘭だけだった。
しかし、間違ってはいけない。
この劣勢状況下こそ、上条当麻の真髄が発揮される時。
さあ、上里翔流を救え。
彼女達の哀しい暴走を止め、この争いに終止符を打つために。

Long summary is here. Nothing too new, heat wave is gone, communication is still down, Anti-Skill can't do jack, AC has become a lawless zone, Kamisato Faction out to kill Touma under Yuiitsu's orders, just that instead of the usual Eren, Elza Claire trio we get Eren, Luca (protean pirate girl specializing direct combat) and Maya (using the web to manipulate the people) instead.
As expected of a Kihara, can't risk Touma converting someone else, and as Fran proved, just a bit of contact is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
So Kamachi is continueing the Post-Apocalyptic Theme that he started in NT16.
I hope we will learn what happen to Touma New School and Mikoto School after Touma left in this book.

The reason why Fran sided which Touma is the question I most want answer in this book because it seen weird she alone would choose Touma side?
Let just hope she doesn't turnout to be a bigger enemy and was using Kamisato this whole time or backstab Touma at the last moment.

Who here believe that Kamisato will be save in this book?
I myself don't think he will be save in this book but that just me.

Who think this will be a three-parter(NT16-NT18) or just a two-parter(NT16-NT17).
If it a Three-Parter would this be the Climax of the Current Story Arc or will there be 2 three-parter in a role in this Story Arc?

I still think Touma will have to get himself WR to save Kamisato.
Another option is that Touma gets himself sent and figures a way out from the other side.

Also, good to know AC going to crap wasn't a one volume thing only. Considering how crazy that place is, I expected everything to get fixed rather quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itine View Post
新約 とある魔術の禁書目録 (17)
A Certain Magical Index: New Testament (Volume 17)

cover is out
Touma looking pretty cool there. Boy, did he get a weirdo this time, and that's saying something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Hmm, so one thing that no one has commented on yet is the listed price of the volume. 710 yen. Its easily the most expensive Index volume yet. Does this also mean its the longest volume pagewise as well? Regardless, its going to be a long one.
Brakes? What are these brakes you speak of? Kamachi doesn't understand
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 09:44   Link #62
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Seems NT17 will be 472 pages long which rather explains the price. I guess Kamachi will have a lot to tell in this potentially impossible mission of saving Kamisato.

At the very least, whether he is saved or not I hope we'll have something a bit more decisive than the Othinus outcome where NT9 was brilliant and then Fairy Othinus removed all sense of tragedy and tension from NT10.
Old 2016-10-08, 10:08   Link #63
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Hopefully explaining not everything is possible to save with a fist and some stubborn will. I really hope this doesn't reek like NT9/NT10
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 10:41   Link #64
LazyHunter

The cover was what everyone was expecting. I'm glad to see that we'll learn a bit more about other girl in the Kamisato faction. Hopefully we get some AC people helping Touma and Fran and Touma beating some sense into Kakeru.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 12:03   Link #65
LevelSeven

my theory, for "how could touma save kakeru",
i dont want to see it but the possibility is always present that most of the faction will get hindered by some chars who appear randomly and bring down the number of girls to the point where only one or two will be present after they finally catch up to touma (or a few more while having touma fight with someone else (mostlikely mikoto)), either way, i guess this will happen in such a scenario:

it would result in a fight, unfortunatly im to 90% sure this will end with a Talk no Jutsu and a punch,
than the girls will help touma face yuuitsu which will end in the same way, a TnJ and a punch, somehow this will cause her to lose control over WR and let all the people WR took away appear again (the reason could be because yuuitsu isnt the chosen owner and only managed that with magic-techno-babble) (while nerfing the majins at the same time), kakeru gets WR back and yuuitsu finally(/hopefully) leads touma and co into the direction of aleister via some after-fight talking,
i guess she will than be gone too (forever or until the final fight happens (or takitsubos lvl5 story happens (if it ever happens >_>)))....

unfortunatly i can totally see that happen
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 13:34   Link #66
Honoakari
Lurking Member

My hopes for this volume:

Touma fails to rescue Kakeru, but manages to obtain WR. As a result, his IB evolves (?), just like Aleister intended. Enraged by Kakeru's death, Touma swears revenge.

...Hopefully against Aleister himself.
Old 2016-10-08, 14:13   Link #67
LevelSeven

^im all in on the "fail to rescue" part but no evolution for IB by fusion with WR,
first kamachi should finally give us a complete explanation of IB/IT, than we can get a power up, imo it could even become a offensive weapon, would be cool to see touma creating a semi-invisible dragon and its parts all around his body
Old 2016-10-08, 22:53   Link #68
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^im all in on the "fail to rescue" part but no evolution for IB by fusion with WR,
first kamachi should finally give us a complete explanation of IB/IT, than we can get a power up, imo it could even become a offensive weapon, would be cool to see touma creating a semi-invisible dragon and its parts all around his body
To be honest I alway thought that IB would work on WR and only failed because Touma himself was having Conflicting Ideals and which what happen at the end of NT16 he may no longer have that so he may be about to beat WR now.

Here a question but what do you think the Climax of the Current Story Arc will be or do you think we are on the Climax of Current Story Arc.

I myself think that if Kamisato is save in this volume I can see two different outcome for the Climax of the Current Story Arc. Yuuistu will try and do the LVL5 Shifts for the Climax of the Current Story Arc or all the Magic God get out which Kamisato and they all go crazy for revenge and start attacking everything. So an all out war between the World and the Magic Gods could also be what the Climax is going to be.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 02:07   Link #69
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

Psh... Trying to guess the working of Kamachi's brain? Dream on

I however sense a huge cliffhanger incoming
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 04:34   Link #70
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Of course it won't. Kamachi will never upgrade Touma.

Quote:
Wait for the final arc where that might happen.

Quote:
To be honest I alway thought that IB would work on WR and only failed because Touma himself was having Conflicting Ideals and which what happen at the end of NT16 he may no longer have that so he may be about to beat WR now.
It worked because IB is a product of conflicting ideals, so Touma making his mind is pointless for WR's workings.

Quote:
Here a question but what do you think the Climax of the Current Story Arc will be or do you think we are on the Climax of Current Story Arc.

I myself think that if Kamisato is save in this volume I can see two different outcome for the Climax of the Current Story Arc. Yuuistu will try and do the LVL5 Shifts for the Climax of the Current Story Arc or all the Magic God get out which Kamisato and they all go crazy for revenge and start attacking everything. So an all out war between the World and the Magic Gods could also be what the Climax is going to be.
I just want Yuitsu to die or leave, she has been an uniteresting villain for me, succesful antagonist but lacking in charisma are just boring.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 05:11   Link #71
LevelSeven

Quote:
doesnt IB work regardless of how touma thinks?
i doubt that "making up his mind" will suddenly allow IB to be super effective against WR :/
Quote:
not sure what you mean with climax,
as i see it the climax should happen in this volume,
yuuitsu at the height of her power (which, as we saw with Vento, Fiamma, Acqua, Terra, Othinus etc etc etc is pretty much the best indicator that their inevitable fail is about to happen :/)
Quote:
what good would the Lvl5-shift give her?
if takitsubo isnt conveniently getting involved in the current mess and therefore is present while the final fight happens i dont think that even if she gets a power up it will help yuuitsu much :/

and i bet 10$/€ that the majins will appear but be nerfed and since touma saved them they will go away with the expception of the female one...

@Kuroageha
Quote:
Of course it won't. Kamachi will never upgrade Touma.
we can hope
Quote:
Wait for the final arc where that might happen.
isnt the final arc about to begin?
i mean, the only big arc that can happen is with laura but even her story can be included in the final arc(unless kamachi introduces another never-before-seen char that is above WR/majins etc and increases the volume count by another 3 or 4 books), it is finally time that we get a massive load of explanations
Old 2016-10-09, 11:03   Link #72
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

There is Rikou plan too.
Old 2016-10-09, 11:23   Link #73
LevelSeven

^that is what i meant with Lvl5 thingy but to be honest, i wouldnt be suprised if this storyline wont be kept going at all,
exspecially with the mastermind behind the lvl5-shift being yuitsu herself who will fail in this arc :/ it would be a suprise to see her still being evil despite having faced touma already
Old 2016-10-10, 14:53   Link #74
vixyw

It'll be such a waste if the lvl5 shift for Rikou is never used again...
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-11, 04:30   Link #75
LevelSeven

^yeah, but without yuuitsu the chances for that happening dont seem that high, and i dont want kamachi to introduce a never-before-seen kihara only so that we get the lvl5-shift adventure :/
Old 2016-10-11, 10:30   Link #76
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Yeah but he could pull a Magic Gods plot again and do a "raise your hand if you thought X" again.
Old 2016-10-11, 13:37   Link #77
LevelSeven

^while that is possible i dont want to see that happening,

majins are done, if kamisato comes back and gets WR than the majins who are coming back should still be one-shotted again, and if not than either WR is nerfed or themajins dont want to go to their utopia again :/

imo it would be best to simply make them either never appear or make them useless/powerless to the point where they simply vanish from the story for good, because seeing a big group of majins (albeit weakened but still bloody majins) get defeated by touma and co via "conventional" means (ie punching them) it will set the final nail on the coffin of the magic god hype
Old 2016-10-11, 13:55   Link #78
DragonXX

Quote:
^while that is possible i dont want to see that happening,

majins are done, if kamisato comes back and gets WR than the majins who are coming back should still be one-shotted again, and if not than either WR is nerfed or themajins dont want to go to their utopia again :/

imo it would be best to simply make them either never appear or make them useless/powerless to the point where they simply vanish from the story for good, because seeing a big group of majins (albeit weakened but still bloody majins) get defeated by touma and co via "conventional" means (ie punching them) it will set the final nail on the coffin of the magic god hype
To be honest I can more so see the Magic Gods being use as some kind of power source for Yuuistu AAA like Crowley was for Noukren over then returning and not having to give up there life to stop something worse from going down.

I also still think the Next Story Arc after this one will have to do something which Angels and Demons or Time Travel.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-11, 14:12   Link #79
LevelSeven

^the idea with them being powersources sounds interesting but at the same time it will simply turn the all so powerful magic gods that got hyped since NT2 into really nothing, imo the best way would simply be to let them stay out of the story for good OR to hype aleister by letting us see how he oneshots the weakened majins

as for the next arc: angels....if we get to the aleister arc and FINALLY get a explanation volume than yeah, the stuff with accel and aiwass deserves infos,
not so sure about the other two things, demons are a really underdeveloped theme in toaru,
and time travel was...meh, we dont have a reason for it (plus, technically majins already made some time-manipulation stuff... at least 100% othinus did), maybe one in order to see aleisters past? but that can be simply made via explanation of another char (laura or aiwass) or we get a straight flashback story :/
Old 2016-10-11, 14:23   Link #80
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

You know, there is also the possibility that upon being released from WR, they lose most of their power via some convoluted way that explains them being nerfed. Unless something else shows up that can rival their power and keep them in check, I doubt that they will be brought back at full power.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote