Old 2011-04-11, 12:15   Link #19601
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
the new chapter is out!? or just the raw
Neither... 40's been out for a couple of weeks, and 41 doesn't appear for a bit over a week

as for those vocaloids... too much distortion

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 12:55   Link #19602
Tachibana
タチバナ

New chapter raws for 41 won't be out until April 21st

Anyway, PICTURE TIME!!!

Spoiler for Serious Tsukune:

Spoiler for Mizore Being Cute:

Spoiler for Tsukune And His Demon Godly Awesomeness:

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-04-11 at 13:13.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 14:10   Link #19603
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, the reason why I think that Hokuto and Kiria, might be the "main villains" is because they directly reflect the relationship between Moka and Tsukune - since like Tsukune Hokuto was a pretty normal human, before he entered youkai academy, and like Moka did to Tsukune, Kiria also injected Hokuto with his ayashi blood.
Hrm, I hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Quote:
Not to mention that Hokuto and Kiria already had some impact on the plot of the story, and we the readers already know what kind of people they are, while on the other hand Gyukuro's influence on the stories events is pretty much unknown, since she hadn't been introduced in the manga yet, and we still don't know anything about her... so I don't think that we can consider Gyukuro as the "main villain", until we know a little more about her, since her disliking Moka and Akasha, as well as telling Kahula about Alucard doesn't really mean that she's going to be the "main villain" - which so far is the only "confirmed" thing that we now about Gyukuro, while on the other hand Hokuto and Kiria already tried to reveal the existence of Youkai Academy to the human world and have been already confirmed as pretty high ranking members of Fairy Tale's 1-st subdivision with Kiria being the deputy leader and Hokuto being the Staff Officer, not to mention that they already have some relation with the main protagonists (Moka and Tsukune).

It all depends on what Ikeda wants to do, but I think it would be more logical to make the main antagonist into someone that the reader already knows quite a lot about, rather then a completely unknown person.
If they do turn out to be the main villains, I'll be disappointed. Ikeda hasn't written any shallow characters in his manga, and if Hokuo and Kiria are just picking up where they left off at the academy, they'll be the exception. It disheartens me when people don't learn from their mistakes, and the thought of Hokuto learning nothing after what he saw after his defeat, that's just tragic. Reminds me of comic book villains who never change regardless of what happens, I kinda hoped writers had moved beyond that mentality.

As for Gyokuro, there's more thing that was revealed about her. She hates Akasha and Moka, the "other woman" and her offspring. And with Akasha dead, that all but assuredly left Gyokuro as the leading lady at Castle Shuzen, which I surmise is a much different place than when Akasha was alive and well. And since Kahlua revealed to Kokoa that the entire Shuzen family is supporting Fairy Tale (which could mean the entire Japanese vampire nation is helping them), it's obvious that wouldn't happen unless someone at the top made the decision. Either a distraught Issa or an exultant Gyokuro, my money's on the latter. As you said earlier, Akasha would've never allowed her daughter to have been used for a destructive purpose. I'm sure she would've put down any possible genocide plots within the family as well, she definitely had the power. But now that she's gone... well I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Quote:
I think that both Kahula and Miyabi belong to Kiria's and Hokuto's 1 - st subdivision, which is according to Hokuto opposed to the fraction of Fairy Tale that Akua represents - which means that the Wong family incident was the first time, when the "main Fairy Tail fraction came into contact with Tsukune, Moka and their friends - which naturally means that Akua could oversee the significance of Tsukune, which Akua is going to realize when she meets with Tsukune again...
Hrm, I'm not so sure if she belongs to the 1st subdivision, Miyabe only said he hired her for the Snow Maiden operation. And negated the order to exterminate the village, which most likely came from the CEO at HQ, thus defying them yet again. Or, she could've been assigned to the 1st subdivision because of the obvious friction between them and HQ, another possibility. But, if she and Akuha are part of the same unit, she explicitly told Kokoa to prevent any possible contact between Moka and Akuha. Which means Akuha still doesn't know about Tsukune. I find it adds a little intrigue when the bad team doesn't entirely work in cohesion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post

Anyway, PICTURE TIME!!!

Loved the first one, but in the third one, you forgot to color Fuhai's hair, that's my only complaint.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 14:49   Link #19604
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Loved the first one, but in the third one, you forgot to color Fuhai's hair, that's my only complaint.
They're not my artwork, its Art i found online, hell i'm not that good with Art

Back on topic, do you think that some of the vampires in the vampire nation would help Tsukune's side, like some that might go rogue from the Shuzen family?
Old 2011-04-12, 01:26   Link #19605
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

Anyway, PICTURE TIME!!!

Those are pretty awesome vectors.

Tsukune really here is well done with his vamp look.
Old 2011-04-12, 12:04   Link #19606
Chris38

Quote:
They're not my artwork, its Art i found online, hell i'm not that good with Art

Back on topic, do you think that some of the vampires in the vampire nation would help Tsukune's side, like some that might go rogue from the Shuzen family?
Well, if we take Kokoa and Moka into consideration then some of the vampires from have already "joined" Tsukune's side. If you ask if some more "major vampire characters are going to join Tsukune's side - well, it depends on who the future enemy (after Fairy Tale's HQ) is going to be. Although, personally speaking I doubt that any new "companions" are going to join "Tsukune's group", which is quite large already, and with the addition of Fong Fong and Ling Ling some of the members of Tsukune's team are already getting less screen time...

Of course, it's up to Ikeda, but, in my opinion, Tsukune's group doesn't need "new members" on their team.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 12:46   Link #19607
Tachibana
タチバナ

Well at some point in the future the Shuzen families ties will be severed with Fairy Tale as a result of not only the raid of Fairy Tale HQ but of Moka's and Tsukune's destiny and your right Kokoa and Moka are on the same side as Tsukune, so thats two from the Shuzen family, but this is the reason i asked about that, i see Issa and Gyokuro not as actual enemies but those who would observe the situation until they make their move, Kahlua out of them all will be more prone to join Tsukune's side for Moka's sake, her love would allow her to overcome her job as an assassin.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-04-12 at 13:06.
Old 2011-04-12, 12:46   Link #19608
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Nope. BUT, new "allies" like Sun would be useful for future adventures. Tsukune seems to have a talent for gathering some of the more powerful beings around him as friends and allies. So even if they aren't in the main group, they're still willing to come to his aid should they be called upon. Though we have yet to see such a summons happen that was called by Tsukune himself. But we have plenty of time for surprises.
Old 2011-04-12, 23:59   Link #19609
Chris38

Well, in my opinion, the Shuzen family are more likely to become the next antagonist, rather then "ally" themselves with Tsukune's group.

After all, you seemed to overlook the fact that Gyukuro hates Moka as well, so I doubt that Shuzen family is going to "ally" themselves with Moka and Tsukune, while Gyukuro is still a member of the Shuzen family.

In other words the conflict between Moka / Gyukuro (and by extension Akasha) would have to be resolved, before the "possibility" of the Shuzen family, becoming allies with Tsukune's group, is going to be opened.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 00:42   Link #19610
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Tsukune's allies gained so far

Miyamoto - karate lolicon
Sun the siren
The Wongs - Linlin, TimTim and fanfan
Tohou Fuhai - Tsukune's new "training master"

Also don't forget the the R+V moms of the girls might play a role later on.

Man I really want a chapter where all the moms are there and daughters.
Old 2011-04-13, 02:04   Link #19611
GrrDraxin

I didn't specify the Shuzens' other then Kokoa and Moka, though more of them on Tsukune's side would be better, I just don't see it happening. But you DO have to admit that Tsukune does have the remaining dark lords as allies, and some fairly powerful people as well. I'm sure that if Akasha were around, and aware of Tsukune and his talents, she'd support him too. Thus Tsukune would (technically) have the support of all the dark lords, and thus while he's not all that powerful himself, his influence to bring out the good in others, and make them see the better side of people, makes him a valuable asset for the greater good.
Old 2011-04-13, 12:30   Link #19612
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Well, in my opinion, the Shuzen family are more likely to become the next antagonist, rather then "ally" themselves with Tsukune's group.

After all, you seemed to overlook the fact that Gyukuro hates Moka as well, so I doubt that Shuzen family is going to "ally" themselves with Moka and Tsukune, while Gyukuro is still a member of the Shuzen family.

In other words the conflict between Moka / Gyukuro (and by extension Akasha) would have to be resolved, before the "possibility" of the Shuzen family, becoming allies with Tsukune's group, is going to be opened.
I highly doubt the Shuzen family will become a major antagonist, but only for the Rescue Moke Arc, i still believe there is something "wrong" with the Shuzen families alliance with Fairy Tale, even if Gyokuro hates Moka and Akasha. Tsukune and his group must also put Ura-Moka's and Omote-Moka's feelings in consideration as well as Kokoa's for their family as well, Kahlua and Akua may be the only enemies from the Shuzen family that Tsukune has to fight, well Akua is his opponent while Kahlua will probably be left to the others, but i don't really see Issa or Gyokuro actually fighting, i see them more as the observers of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I'm sure that if Akasha were around, and aware of Tsukune and his talents, she'd support him too. Thus Tsukune would (technically) have the support of all the dark lords, and thus while he's not all that powerful himself, his influence to bring out the good in others, and make them see the better side of people, makes him a valuable asset for the greater good.
Indeed, Akasha would give Tsukune her full support if she was around and also wonder why the Shuzen family has allied themselves with such an organization, and i also agree that, yes, Tsukune does have the power to change others hearts, i guess you can call this his own personal ability, his influence will reach Kahlua and Akua first before the rest of the Shuzen family, it makes you think what kind of influence Tsukune will have on the rest of the Shuzen family.

But even if they don't become Tsukune's allies, they'd give support to him from time to time in the future, because of Moka's (Both) and Kokoa's involvement with him, that sounds more of what the Shuzen family would actually do but NOT future enemies.

I wonder if Tsukune will have an encounter with Issa or Gyokuro themselves.....
Old 2011-04-13, 18:16   Link #19613
RexDraco
Dragon King

Location: Internet writing fanfictions, novels, and doing art
Send a message via AIM to RexDraco
*rolls in and peeks out from over fictions*

Concerning the question as to why they allied with Fairy Tale, the simple ended answer? they're vampires.

Spoiler for Past Concerns:

I hope that makes some sense, I am not very good at explaining such things, odd considering my hobby. In any case I think there are alot of things that should be considered, especially looking back to old chapters and things going on now. There were always signs in some way or another hn? There are things that happened in the past that are coming into play now.

Every time you review a fanfiction, a chapter gets complete.
RexDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 18:54   Link #19614
Johnny
Working the bags...

That and most vampires think humans are nothing more then food if early Inner Moka's attitude was an example...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 02:52   Link #19615
Tachibana
タチバナ

I guess we really don't have much more to discuss on this matter to why the Shuzen familly allied themselves with Fairy Tale, but we will find out in the Rescue Moka Arc no doubt.

If we are lucky we will be seeing chapter 41 next week, i hope it will bring a conclusion to Tsukune's transformation.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-04-14 at 18:15.
Old 2011-04-15, 06:23   Link #19616
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Hi guys, if I get a chance, I'm considering adapting the 'story so far' into a novelised form; partially so people have something to read to catch up, and also as practice of my own writing skills.
If I WAS to do such a thing, would any of you be interested in reading a sample chapter if I was to post it, to try and work out if it was worth me bothering continuing?

My rough goal overall would be translating the story Ikeda has presented us so far faithfully into a novelised format, but perhaps with some extra filler/side material [please note I'm not talking plot diversion/waste of time style anime filler, but as extra scenes etc between key ones now and then, if you've ever seen Spice and Wolf (a largely faithful translation) and read the books you may get what I mean] in keeping with the story at that point in the overall plotline, to try and escape some of the limitations we have in terms of content per chapter and the need to progress in line with these chapters that a manga faces.

Let me know what you think (bearing in mind this is IF I get time)
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 00:18   Link #19617
GrrDraxin

Go for it. I proofread fanfictions so this should be right down my alley. But it would do you good to have multiple persons opinions too if you get others to read.
Old 2011-04-16, 02:38   Link #19618
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Image Time

Spoiler for fan arts:
Old 2011-04-17, 13:37   Link #19619
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The first, third and fourth ones are absolute cuteness with a dash of awesomeness thrown in

On the bright side, four days left till the chapter's out... and then we'll have a month and a half to wait after that... dammit.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 16:05   Link #19620
Tachibana
タチバナ

Not really, we have all been used to waiting for raws of the chapter to come out on the 3rd which is a month, if 21st of each month is the new release for the raws than it's still the equivalent of waiting a month, but if the time of waiting is extended or not will be understandable considering what has happened...

Hopefully in good time things will return to normal

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire