AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-14, 11:46   Link #10241
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
This sounds like an odd statement when Nisio is already everywhere.
He tends to not go in directions anyone would expect. I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw Kajiki again.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 12:30   Link #10242
Tenchi Hou Take

People act as if they're surprised, when was the last time Medaka box had a climatic end to an arc? Even the last arc which was probably the closest ended up with Aijimu being trolled and converted in the space of a chapter.

Remember this, almost all arc ends of Medaka box will be anticlimatic.

Probably won't be as bad as the spoiler is implying, but you guys shouldn't really be shocked.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 13:29   Link #10243
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
People act as if they're surprised, when was the last time Medaka box had a climatic end to an arc? Even the last arc which was probably the closest ended up with Aijimu being trolled and converted in the space of a chapter.
...I thought it was pretty climactic. The Minus Arc, too.
Old 2012-08-14, 13:43   Link #10244
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...I thought it was pretty climactic. The Minus Arc, too.
Minus arc ended in Medaka's beat down of Kumagawa and overpowering book maker. How was that climatic? Predictable and not much really happened, hence why a load of people weren't talking too fondly of it when it happened. Obviously this all up to personal interpretation. But typically by the majority, Medaka box's arc ends have mostly been anything but climatic.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 13:51   Link #10245
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Minus arc ended in Medaka's beat down of Kumagawa and overpowering book maker. How was that climatic? Predictable and not much really happened, hence why a load of people weren't talking too fondly of it when it happened. Obviously this all up to personal interpretation. But typically by the majority, Medaka box's arc ends have mostly been anything but climatic.
Quote:

Remember this, almost all arc ends of Medaka box will be anticlimatic.

Probably won't be as bad as the spoiler is implying, but you guys shouldn't really be shocked.
It does leave the reader emotionally unsatisfied but with most things it is up to the reader. I'll try not Nishio'd but may be an impossible feat considering the author and this manga's track record.
Old 2012-08-14, 21:39   Link #10246
17Sevens

Quote:
But typically by the majority, Medaka box's arc ends have mostly been anything but climatic.
Medaka dragging a building behind her? Oudo finding a mass of darkness which nobody else could bear to handle and then bowing before his enemy? Kumagawa finally finding peace as the whole school poured out to support Medaka? Zenkichi falling out with the love of his life and joining the villain? Yes, all arcs end on an anti-climactic note.
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 23:16   Link #10247
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Not to mention that God got trolled int he worst manner possible.
Old 2012-08-15, 01:39   Link #10248
[HearT]

I actually quite liked the conclusion of this arc~

and Zenkichi remains being useless :P
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 01:52   Link #10249
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

That... that was an awful, utterly ridiculous twist (even for this manga) and an extremely fucking awful ending to the arc.
I'm furious. Once again, should have just ended with 140...
Old 2012-08-15, 03:08   Link #10250
DawnEmperor

Well, time for the next arc..
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 04:52   Link #10251
Sol Falling

Nishio's gonna Nishio. Well, I liked the reveal. Shiranui and Tsurubami could've used a line or two as they were released, though.

Torai's tsundere reaction to Kumagawa's question about Medaka was cute. I think I'm starting to like her better.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 05:00   Link #10252
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

I think, given this ended up being an arc about people who control words and kanji, that it was a pretty reasonable end. Medaka was absolutely right, she had to defeat her enemy in such a way that the enemy surrendered because of pure stunned amazement that Medaka was controlling everything. It establishes, after her defeat in the elections, that Medaka is still head and shoulders above most other human beings in intelligence and planning. And it didn't end in a giant punch-out by design, as her father noted.

And, of course, it shows she still has a ways to go. Lampshaded as always. "Time to comfort your depressed fiancee, Medaka." "No thanks! A hahahahaha!" I loved that.

I was rather annoyed that Shiranui got nothing to do all arc, but then she is a personal favorite. Glad to see Nienami tagging along as well.

In any case, I now return you to "this manga has been awful for the last 60 chapters, join me next week when I read it avidly and declare it awful again" folks.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 05:35   Link #10253
Qilin
Romanticist

It was never about the game from the very start. Instead we got another episode of "Medaka trounces everyone, Medaka style." I enjoyed it immensely regardless.

This is just the ending I'd expect from Nisio's trolltastic masterpiece. Bravo.
Old 2012-08-15, 07:41   Link #10254
Sixth
Hu Tao

The writer should write a new series, something like The True Game King, Medaka. He obviously got the potential to do that. This arc hurts my head so much.

Medaka = The True YuGiOH. Atem? He can go home and become a family man.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 09:40   Link #10255
Thth
???

Momo finally behaved her age just before she lost, she was all teary and hear face was swollen looking finally like a kid. She was 3 years old after all.

And the more I see of Kajiki the more he seems to look like Zenkichi, especially when their face were shown in back to back pages.....
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 09:51   Link #10256
Last Carpet

Spoiler for ch158:
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 11:04   Link #10257
DawnEmperor

@ Sol Falling Interesting how you juxtaposed the endings of the Treasure hunt and the Jet Black Wedding arcs. Guess Medaka is still kinda the same
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:04   Link #10258
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
@ Sol Falling Interesting how you juxtaposed the endings of the Treasure hunt and the Jet Black Wedding arcs. Guess Medaka is still kinda the same
I think that this made me angrier than anything else in this manga ever has.
It's like... if she's still going to behave exactly like this, even after she kissed him, and ever after Zenkichi fought for forty-two chapters to never have that kind of ending again... what the fuck was the point of everything he's done?
I feel used.
Old 2012-08-15, 12:08   Link #10259
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gaffney View Post
In any case, I now return you to "this manga has been awful for the last 60 chapters, join me next week when I read it avidly and declare it awful again" folks.
I am one of those people, I wanted to drop the amng but I wanted to see how it ends. Unfortuantely, it may not be possible some time soon but I want to see it end, damn it!!!!
Old 2012-08-15, 12:26   Link #10260
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I think that this made me angrier than anything else in this manga ever has.
It's like... if she's still going to behave exactly like this, even after she kissed him, and ever after Zenkichi fought for forty-two chapters to never have that kind of ending again... what the fuck was the point of everything he's done?
I feel used.
Losing to Zenkichi may have helped her to understand the meaning, and value of failure. But I'm pretty sure that Medaka's complete lack of empathy is meant to be her main flaw.

Will Nisio do something to help her try and fix that?
Who knows?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council