AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-04, 16:36   Link #2221
filofyne

Ah! thank you very much!

Umm.. 2 more things >.>

fate is Saber? Who is UBW and heavens feels heroine?

and also, having watched the anime do you still feel it is worth playing through all of sabers story? In your opinion? ^___^
filofyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 18:43   Link #2222
Nosauz

ubw-> rin, hf->sakura, you have to clear fate first before you can play the others, yes the first time threw the novel is a lot better than the anime, the anime mashes up all parts of the game, but in the game the stories make more sense, and some events are different from the others. also each story has its own feel, which you can only get from playing it, fs/n isn't one of those vn's where you beat the game just for cg, its for those that really enjoy the whole type-moon world.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 02:26   Link #2223
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

This is stupid but... it's been buggin me for a while. Why is F/SN called F/SN? Maybe it's because my english is not very good and I can't find any sense to the words or maybe they just don't have any sense at all So... why?

EDIT: Just finished collecting all the stamps and watched the "GAOOO" ending (?) , and I think I understand a little but I'm still unsure... help?
EDIT2: Well... I guess I'll ask Nasu about this

Last edited by Deadwings; 2009-03-30 at 22:39.
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 10:43   Link #2224
Jze0
Hmmm...

Not sure if this should be asked here or not since its asking for opinions rather then facts but recently I have taken interest in Fate/Stay Night and I was wondering should I play the game first or watch the anime? I'm planning on buying the game regardless and I know I can find the anime out there somewhere too but I could still not decide which to experience first. So ya... I know its a stupid question, but some friendly advice and opinions would be very helpful. Thanks...
Old 2009-05-19, 21:37   Link #2225
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Not sure if this should be asked here or not since its asking for opinions rather then facts but recently I have taken interest in Fate/Stay Night and I was wondering should I play the game first or watch the anime? I'm planning on buying the game regardless and I know I can find the anime out there somewhere too but I could still not decide which to experience first. So ya... I know its a stupid question, but some friendly advice and opinions would be very helpful. Thanks...
Well I watched the anime before playing the game and a few things I found confusing or unexplained the first time through. The anime combines elements from many of the various arcs/scenarios from the game (there are quite a few). So with that said I'd probably suggest playing the game first as you get the complete experience character/story wise that you just don't see in the anime.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 14:10   Link #2226
zero7090

i just play the fate route but IMO you should watch anime first then play the game, simply because if you play first then probably you will drop the anime after ep 15
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 02:50   Link #2227
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
I watched the anime first and really liked it. I liked it so much that I committed myself to find and play the game. The game was simply excellent. Then I tried to re-watch the anime. Big mistake, I couldn't get past ep 07 as I found everything utterly disappointing. IMO, watch the anime first, otherwise you won't be able to enjoy it.
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 06:02   Link #2228
TheWinterCold

don't know where to put this, this section seemed the best choice (:

why did saber's eyes change color to red when she was struck by berserker in episode 3 or 4, because she was close to death?
TheWinterCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 15:48   Link #2229
X5Alexander
Alexander the Great

Send a message via AIM to X5Alexander
Alright, I am need of clarification. I just finished Fate/Stay Night. I know there are other series that go along with it, but i am confused as to which ones have been released and where to find them. There is Fate/Zero, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. I know Unlimited Codes is a game. Yet, which series and games are released currently, and which ones are english and which ones aren't. Subs, or Dubs, etc. Thank you. :]

P.S. What is Heaven's Feel and Unlimited Blade Works?

Thanks again.
X5Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 16:24   Link #2230
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Fate/Stay Night were originally a Visual Novel, a game more like an interactive novel with pictures and sounds. It has 3 routes:-Fate: mainly the the same as the anime. Heroine: Saber.
-Unlimited Blade Works(UBW): much of the caster arc is from this route. Heroine: Rin Tohsaka
-Heavens Feel:the third and last route of Fate. except a litle bit of Dark Sakura there's nothing in the anime from that. Heroine: Sakura Matou
Thanks to Mirrormoon's works the game's got translated. If you have the game you can google this group and download their translation patch to enjoy it in english. Warning: It's basically an eroge, so it contains some erotic scenes too(not too much, but some). It has a PS2 version called Realta Nua.It's got the H-material(sex) removed and they added some more pictures to the scenes(and they voiced the conversations, thankfully you can download a voice patch for the PC game too)

Fate/Zero: A series of Light Novels about the previous Holy Grail War. Protagonist: Emiya Kirigitsu(Shirou's adopted father).

Fatal Fake, Fate/Unlimited Codes: fighting games from the FSN universe. See youtube for in-game scenes/action(as usual).
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 16:29   Link #2231
X5Alexander
Alexander the Great

Alright, awesome. That pretty much explains it all.
Thank you very much.

Edit: Where could I get a hold of UBW and Heaven's Feel? I can't seem to find anywhere to download it? Is it only in Japanese?
Old 2009-07-15, 16:58   Link #2232
rastilin

Quote:
Edit: Where could I get a hold of UBW and Heaven's Feel? I can't seem to find anywhere to download it? Is it only in Japanese?
Fate/Stay is the one game with all three sections.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 17:06   Link #2233
X5Alexander
Alexander the Great

Ahh, okay, thanks. :]
Old 2009-07-15, 17:13   Link #2234
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Alexander View Post
Alright, awesome. That pretty much explains it all.
Thank you very much.

Np. I'm glad to help.
Anyways Fate, UBW, and Heavens Feel(HF) are the three different story routes of the same game. They come after each other(after the completition of Fate you have some extra choices that leads to the UBW story line, same with HF after beating UBW).
Old 2009-07-15, 18:19   Link #2235
almisael

Hi there, I've got questions about the anime OST I really can't find answers to

What I'd like to know is
Who did Kenji Kawaii work with composing the OST to Fate/Stay Night anime?

I know about Sachi Tainaka and Jyukai - the singers, but what about all the classical pieces? Is it all digital or live recorded? I'm not sure.

Can you tell me what orchestra, choir or musicians did he work with on this project? There are some male voices I'm sure he didn't create on his computer.

and one more question...

Who sings the beautiful "La Sola" song. Is it Sachi Tainaka?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
almisael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 01:14   Link #2236
OkamiNoKaze

Not sure if this question has been asked but, are Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night the only anime set in this world, or are there more? Even in manga form that would be great to know as well.
Old 2009-07-19, 01:22   Link #2237
rastilin

Quote:
Not sure if this question has been asked but, are Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night the only anime set in this world, or are there more? Even in manga form that would be great to know as well.
There's "Kara No Kyoukai"
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 01:40   Link #2238
Ash Falls Town

Does Ayako Mitsuzuri (the archery girl) die at the end of the anime?
Also does she die in any of the game good ends?
Old 2009-07-19, 02:34   Link #2239
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I don't know even about a bad end where she dies. The only arc where something happens to her is UBW
Spoiler for UBW:
Old 2009-07-31, 14:20   Link #2240
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

About the new adaptation, how do we know it's going to be a movie? Are there any announcements other than the new website?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote