AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-25, 03:14   Link #1041
Xacual

It's starting to get really hectic on my server. Zombies controlled redridge, duskwood and westfall. And then crossroads, brill, razor hill, astranaar at multiple points today.

We also had two different raid groups of zombies in Stormwind. I can't wait to see what day four of the event brings.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 06:01   Link #1042
Maes
その目だれの目?

Best part of this event: getting a small army of zombies in a major city and watch them aggro the random people that happen to ride past as you make your way around the streets.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 10:03   Link #1043
Komori
D:

Interesting note: You're friendly to all Undead mobs. This includes the mobs in Stratholme. You can also use the ghoul to use any doodad items. Gates, for example. You can shut the gates in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, etc.

I can't wait to see what people do with this.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 12:08   Link #1044
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

As a Zombie, you can open the gate at Morgan's Plot. A crypt that's been in the game since release, including highlights such as the chamber of the Upside Down Sinners.
Sadly, however, you cannot enter as an invisible wall still prevents you from accessing. I don't know if you can still get there. The last time i was in there was so long, long ago. ._.

Oh, and some are experiencing the joy of trapping people in the hall of champions.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 14:10   Link #1045
Komori
D:

[15:06:35][Reverse] has earned the achievement [Guardian of Cenarius]!
[15:06:35]You are now Exalted with Cenarion Circle.
[15:06:35]You have earned the title 'Reverse, Guardian of Cenarius'.

Also, the new quest is available to go to Karazhan. And you can see where they are attacking on your map.

My guild mate got an epic from killing a mob named "Lumbering Horror".

Green items called Necrotic Rune drop from the mobs. There's 3 types of rares I've seen so far and they all drop epics. The epics can be de'd into Void Crystals. The mobs have a chance to drop quest items, so far I've encountered 5 of those but I'm sure there's more. Seen 4 epic drops in about a half hour. They hit kinda hard on clothies. The epics are actually pretty good for new 70s so I wouldn't overlook them. They might even be useful once WotLK comes out with the undead slaying stuff and all.

The drop quests give 3g75s for being turned in.

Last edited by Komori; 2008-10-25 at 14:51.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 15:11   Link #1046
Jaden

Oh cool, this reminds me of the naxxramas patch way back.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 16:17   Link #1047
Xacual

Its the same as the naxxramas event except the loot has all been updated for a level 70. Also the boss in karazhan, is pretty easy and he drops an axe that turns you into the undead guitarist from L80ETC.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 19:45   Link #1048
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

This event is slowly annoying me. So very much. I can't wait until it's over and I can play the game without worrying about being ganked or having people constantly kill the NPCs all day.

I probably hate it because I'm not level 70 so the event is nothing but an annoyance.
Old 2008-10-25, 19:57   Link #1049
Jaden

Haha yeah, it's all just thrown in to entertain the level 70's so they wouldn't fall into pre-expansion depression and stop playing.

Joined a blitz group and got me an undead cleansing set. Strategy: camp winterspring before it's even under attack and aoe mobs along with the rares as soon as they appear. When people start coming in and stealing kills, move to the next zone that's likely to be attacked soon (but isn't yet) and repeat.

Fighting for the kills with others is just mind wrenching, rather spend some time AFK than do that.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 20:05   Link #1050
krisslanza

I also hate how I try to understand WHY people gank and that makes me a carebear. I mean, I KNOW I can get ganked on a RPPvP (though when I played a year ago most Horde didn't. Except Rogues. They always seem to gank) but I just can't understand the WHY...

/ranting
Old 2008-10-25, 22:06   Link #1051
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I also hate how I try to understand WHY people gank and that makes me a carebear. I mean, I KNOW I can get ganked on a RPPvP (though when I played a year ago most Horde didn't. Except Rogues. They always seem to gank) but I just can't understand the WHY...

/ranting
People do it because they are jerks and want to make you mad. There's no need to try to look deeper into it, it really is that simple. You can definitely trust me on this since I'm one of the biggest pros at it. I've done it all - stunlocked lowbies so the mob finishes them off and they take a durability hit, kited dragons to the Darkmoon Faire which killed a bunch of people just standing around, kited Volchan to Stormwind and had him aoe the people dueling outside, camped same-faction lowbies in the middle of Orgrimmar with the fire nova totem exploit, etc.

And though I'd rather quit the game than ever play on an RP server of any kind, I guess that could be motivation to gank you too, that player's character might really hate your race or something.

If you really hate ganking though, I definitely recommend transferring to a PvE server (this is a real recommendation, not the typical "qq nub reroll pve lolol" crap). So-called "world pvp" barely exists and there's rarely any even fights, ganking is pretty much the main point. Yeah, there will probably be some large-scale world pvp shortly after Wrath releases, but it'll degenerate back to mostly ganking soon enough.

Strangely enough, despite me being a ganking jerk my main is actually now on a PvE and I don't regret it at all. (Though that's probably partly because I still have alts on PvP that I can go back and gank people with.) Got tired of always having to watch out for, uh, likeminded people when I just wanted to relax and play.

And to end on a completely random note, I cannot walk past the Stockade anymore without laughing, the npc guards and enemies that appear from the instance are all bugged and just stand in position repeatedly aggro'ing each other all day, have probably heard that ridiculous human aggro sound more times in a couple minutes there than in the rest of the 4 years I've been playing this horrible game.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 22:32   Link #1052
krisslanza

I played ED for about a year and was never ganked. Ok like once or twice. Most Horde I saw would stop and look at me, but when I continued on my way so did they. Once they stopped, bowed, I bowed back, we buffed, then fought.

Only Rogues tend to gank me. Other classes haven't. That was last year though...
Old 2008-10-25, 23:01   Link #1053
Maes
その目だれの目?

So the disease is down to 2 minute duration now. Less time to find a potential victim while infected, but the zombie horde grows really, really fast if you've got a couple people together now haha. Fun stuff!
Old 2008-10-26, 09:01   Link #1054
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I've noticed Shades popping up in various parts of the city now, are they just a graphical flavor effect? Tried talking to one as a zombie but couldn't interact with it and was promptly beaten down by the guards.
Old 2008-10-26, 10:12   Link #1055
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

It's not only the cities, they stalk people on the fields while killing the guys for the necrotic runes... a rogue in my group had one following him into onyxias lair. ._.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 11:13   Link #1056
Maes
その目だれの目?

The shades follow people that loot a Haunted Memento from the mobs at the invasion sites. Seems to be just a fun little pet-like thing.
Old 2008-10-26, 12:28   Link #1057
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Okay this is bad. We have two fronts. Scourge Invasion and Zombie Invasion. And the Zombie players can't help against the Scourge.

Clever Arthus, clever.
Old 2008-10-26, 14:52   Link #1058
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Man, one minute plague is NUTS. Who needs a zombie raid, I just conquered Lakeshire myself. Stormwind is pretty much completely obliterated too, those rats get aggro'd by guards it and it's spiraled from there. Basically every vital npc is dead.
Old 2008-10-26, 19:33   Link #1059
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Zzzzz...to hell with this damn plague. People on my server are ready to murder Blizzard employees over this.

On the bright side, the revamped Arcane tree for Mages is sweet. Really liking this.
Old 2008-10-26, 20:09   Link #1060
krisslanza

I officially hate this event now. It's nothing but a complete and utter game destruction thing for ANYONE who isn't already level 70.

70's can enjoy it. Everyone else (ok well and like 65's enjoy it too) is forced to have basically no chance to actually play if you go to any major city. There are so many corpses and bones in the Trade District it looks like a war just happened. One that never freaking ends.

I so want to start a Zombie Blacklist. Of every player who keeps constantly raiding the AH and killing the Auctioneers over and over. Just because I'm getting fed up with this.

That and the lag is horrible. Blizzard wonders where it all comes from >_>

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows