AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-01-14, 08:22   Link #1001
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Maybe it's just me but I think Eleanora looks a bit too old and a bit too slutty.
Remember people are always mistaking Eleanora as Van's mother even before they know she's a vampire so she has to look old enough to have a 6 year old kid.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 08:37   Link #1002
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
She's supposed to be in her 20s, right? Plus it's pretty much standard for the "evil" camp to wear revealing clothing.
Well, at this time she's supposed to be on long term stealth mission across hostile territory wearing clothes that are easy to move in, and she also has to watch out for being exposed to the sun. She's supposed to look about 20... though apparently she tends to have a stern expression.

Quote:
I don't really like the illustration style though. I would've liked a little more dark comedy vibe instead of harem-esque if that makes sense. If someone unfamiliar with the series saw the covers they would have no clue what to expect.
Yup, that occurred to me too - it does sell the story a bit short. The other covers had guys other than Van. They could have included Sercrent and/or Borkus for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show1983 View Post
Not liking Ban's art style? BLASPHEMY!!
I'm a fan of the style in general. I just feel slightly disappointed with this particular cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Remember people are always mistaking Eleanora as Van's mother even before they know she's a vampire so she has to look old enough to have a 6 year old kid.
I think that's mostly because people realise (or are told) that she's a vampire and Van is a Dhampir. Vampires are immortal so she doesn't necessarily have to look particularly old.

PS Just to be clear: this is just a minor complaint. I'm replying to add some context but I don't particularly feel that it's worth having an extended discussion over.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 15:38   Link #1003
kari-no-sugata II

New raw chapter out. The battle is heating up. Van has some nice curses.

Murakami and co are watching from nearby and reckon Fitun is going to lose so they plan to intervene.
Old 2018-01-18, 18:37   Link #1004
jopx3

Then you have Guf preparing a feast for Van.

Btw, what do you call the "gods" that Fitun brought with him. They're heroic spirits, right? Or is it simply "subordinate gods"?
jopx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 18:45   Link #1005
Imagine Breaker

More likely heroic spirits. Same breed of deities that Ketchup and the scout summoned with their skill.

THE NEO ARMSTRONG CYCLONE JET ARMSTRONG CANNON
Imagine Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 20:05   Link #1006
lexlexz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopx3 View Post
Then you have Guf preparing a feast for Van.
who is guf?

i fell like van worshippers are gonna make a ritual (evil god like) in the midlle of the battle that is gonna give van a power up!!!!!
rituals in the novel i fell like there was only the soul offering kind , was there anyother?

Last edited by LKK; 2018-01-19 at 09:35. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row; use Edit button instead.
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 23:06   Link #1007
jopx3

^^ Gufadgarn. An Evil God that managed Zakkat's Trial and created dungeons for Vida's side. It/She is Zakkart's fanboy lol.

She has powers over space attribute and dungeon creation.
Old 2018-01-19, 02:01   Link #1008
Areswarlord

it seem Murakami Junpei is making the same mistake as Kaido Kanata , to busy worried about the next life and not living this one. we all know how that turned out, cant wait to see there stupid face when this backfire on them.
Areswarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 16:55   Link #1009
kari-no-sugata II

New chapter out, focusing on the non-Van battles.

Heh, Iris is now a rank 11 Succubus Princess Knight...
Old 2018-01-22, 17:01   Link #1010
Breimn

2 more gods joining the battle, Darcia decides to become serious.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 17:32   Link #1011
kari-no-sugata II

In Darcia's case, she's probably just getting a little bit serious. She's trying to avoid looking too strong to the humans
Old 2018-01-23, 03:54   Link #1012
jopx3

I'm just waiting for the character summary to see who ranks up.

Let's see if Zadiris can escape the "princess" curse. lmao
Old 2018-01-24, 14:13   Link #1013
jopx3

Illustrations for LN3.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Illustration 1 is Van crushing the shell of an Island Turtle.

Illustration 2 is Eleanora and Birkyne.
Old 2018-01-26, 18:40   Link #1014
kari-no-sugata II

New chapter out.

Heh, Kanako memorised Van's creepy drawings etc and can use Venus to make others see them, giving her a direct mental attack... though it doesn't work too well against heroic spirits.

Meanwhile, Van is actually taking a lot of damage though some of it was intentional and he almost got Hajime / Fitun in a trap but the arrival of Murakami and the others complicated things. Van breaks out a new toy - he got some ghosts with space attribute (they were spirits trapped in the Trial of Zakkart for decades) to create a large wall in space around the group. Looks like Van is going to break out the big guns now that he's hidden what the townfolk can see.
Old 2018-01-26, 22:49   Link #1015
lexlexz

what is the race of doug?
i think legion could end up kind of giant robot like[ with armor and etc?(zord)
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 13:39   Link #1016
s.a.w..

Just gonna ask since I’ve been wondering for a while, the superhuman strength skill and others like it(not the conditional boost skills) do they increase growth and/or increase the stat itself(a percentage or set number?), or is it a bonus applied to the stats on the status screen.(not seen on the status screen)
s.a.w.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 14:06   Link #1017
sasuke706

Pretty sure I recall the author stating that superhuman strength skill is the ability to go beyond the listed numeral value for their strength.
Whereas strength increase or whatever for humans shows in their stats, it seems.
I don't think he gave any specific values on how it works, though. Pretty much never comes into play and all.

I imagine this being due to inhuman bodies being able to handle the excess strength in short bursts, but human bodies wouldn't be able to.
Either way superhuman strength seems like the better skill all around.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 14:33   Link #1018
s.a.w..

Cool, thanks!
s.a.w.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 14:49   Link #1019
kari-no-sugata II

In some of the earlier chapters it was specifically mentioned that Van was in practice as strong as an adult or even stronger when he was just 2-3 years old, because of his superhuman strength skill.

I don't think it was ever specifically mentioned if this skill was fixed or relative but quite a few stat improving skills seem to be relative (eg +10% mana). The Hero title gives a fixed 5000 HP bonus but that's the only example I can remember specifically said to have a fixed bonus.
Old 2018-01-30, 18:17   Link #1020
sasuke706

They panicked, they came in, they jobbed. Hah.
Surprised Murakami had two more bargain bin cheats but it didn't save him worth a bean.

^He's given some other values in the comment section.
Like Van's automatic mana regen skill is like 0.001% per second of his total mana at level 1, which is still a lot.
Would be a useless skill to anyone without an absurd amount of mana, though.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist