AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-15, 22:59   Link #361
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I wonder if Cordelia will fight now that she looks angry?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 23:10   Link #362
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I wonder if Cordelia will fight now that she looks angry?
You and I can bet on it.

Like I said, she looks dead set to defend Gallia.
Namihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 03:11   Link #363
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

My.. Cordelia really has matured into a beautiful woman. She's even more gorgeous that before.

And a new Darcsen chick being part of the cast is sure to pick my interest.
Now to hope there will be other ones to make up for the likes of Vyse, Jane, Wendy or Musaad; although that sounds unlikely if they're school kids..
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 03:24   Link #364
Namihana
Soul Driller

Speaking of Vyse and the others...

I wonder if we'll see any of the sub characters from Squad 7 here on the second VC?
Old 2009-10-16, 13:18   Link #365
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namihana View Post
Speaking of Vyse and the others...

I wonder if we'll see any of the sub characters from Squad 7 here on the second VC?
I am betting on there would have to be...but probably not going to know until near or after release date...

Cordellia is wearing the militia uniform too, so he's probably going to stand in the front line or something...looking forward to it..her expression is dead serious..
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 20:17   Link #366
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
I am betting on there would have to be...but probably not going to know until near or after release date...

Cordellia is wearing the militia uniform too, so he's probably going to stand in the front line or something...looking forward to it..her expression is dead serious..
I say Jane might be the most likely one to reappear. I mean, she did become a new Drill Instructor so...yeah.

I think I'm gonna like this new Cordelia. After this game is released, I'm 100% sure fanarts of her being badass are gonna spread throughout the net! xD
Old 2009-10-17, 13:18   Link #367
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

How many classes are there in the game anyway?
Old 2009-10-17, 14:43   Link #368
cloner4000

6, I think they probably going to merge the role of engineer and medic..and additional one has a "hammer and shield" probably the one we've seem before with trailers. although I think this detract a bit from the gun-fight setting..
Old 2009-10-19, 05:03   Link #369
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
6, I think they probably going to merge the role of engineer and medic..and additional one has a "hammer and shield" probably the one we've seem before with trailers. although I think this detract a bit from the gun-fight setting..
According to the class page, there's only five classes. And yes, I agree that the armored trooper class detracts from the shooting setting... It's my biggest gripe with the game so far. I like the semi-WW2 setting, and this edges it closer to the standard fantasy setting. Not to mention the class seems ridiculously overpowered right now, I mean, being able to shrug of two shocktroopers and a tank firing at you? Without any buffs?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 07:34   Link #370
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Are the videos really, really jerky for anyone else?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 08:54   Link #371
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

You mean the ones form the official VC2 website? Yes.
The site is just downloads the video but unfortunately they didn't put a pause button in there. So you'll just have click the video, go do something else for about 5-10 mins while the site downloads & plays the video and come back and click the video again to see it with no jerky interruptions.
Old 2009-10-19, 16:11   Link #372
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
According to the class page, there's only five classes. And yes, I agree that the armored trooper class detracts from the shooting setting...
Wait what!? I miss a symbol here! So they... took out the snipers and replaced them with this!? Oo
Old 2009-10-19, 16:38   Link #373
Moonsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Wait what!? I miss a symbol here! So they... took out the snipers and replaced them with this!? Oo
Snipers are still around just watched a video (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tg...ronicles/57776) and at around 2 mins 24 it shows the sniper class in action. No idea why the class is not shown on the official site
Moonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:14   Link #374
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*shrug* Equipment upgrade for the scout, maybe?

Snipers with scout mobility. Hmmmm.
Old 2009-10-19, 21:33   Link #375
Runty

I believe there was some info in the past that said that there would be a LOT of classes to choose from. I don't remember exactly where it was from, though.

Maybe they'll input a promotion system ala Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, or something like that. That'd be pretty cool.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 21:42   Link #376
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:

Even I'd be making a call to nerf that...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 22:29   Link #377
cloner4000

Next all we need is upgrade for scouts to have heavy armor and anti-tank sniper rifle....

seems like there are a lot of customization, but what kind of customization isn't revealed. Guess we won't know till it come out with more details.
Old 2009-10-20, 06:42   Link #378
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Even I'd be making a call to nerf that...
If they made it so that Scouts become Snipers with Scout AP, it'd be nerfed plenty (Sniper HP. Think about it.), but I don't think I want that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I believe there was some info in the past that said that there would be a LOT of classes to choose from. I don't remember exactly where it was from, though.

Maybe they'll input a promotion system ala Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, or something like that. That'd be pretty cool.
They almost did have such a promotion system int he first game; it's just that they merely became "Elite" and not all classes got a tangible advantage beyond a significant stat increase when they got there (Lv 11). I wouldn't mind this idea, but I wonder how the leveling up would work if there were choices as to what classes each squad member grew into upon level up. Do we know anything about leveling up? I hope it's the same... I loved not having to level everyone separately...
Old 2009-10-20, 07:09   Link #379
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I might be mixing things up here, but wasn't there a mention before about class specialization? This could potentially be that class specialization then, couldn't it?
Old 2009-10-20, 07:20   Link #380
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I might be mixing things up here, but wasn't there a mention before about class specialization? This could potentially be that class specialization then, couldn't it?
Perhaps (though I don't remember hearing about that). Maybe each specialization levels up at the same rate within the same class.

That would solve a few things, I think, like...

Engineers could specialize in Medicine, becoming amazing healers to the point that they can revive people on the spot? (No turn of waiting if you're met by a Medic Engineer!)

Shocktroopers could specialize in Melee, allowing them more attack and defense power at the expense of range? (Wonder what would be the counter to a unit like this? A grenade?)

Lancers could specialize in crowd control, and actually be good at it for a change? (Mortars weren't all that useful in VC1.)

Scouts could specialize in Recon, gaining movement points at the expense of attack power? (They'd actually live up to their name, and be all about information!)

Ideas overwhelm me