AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-06-13, 18:06   Link #21
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Yeah...? It's still adorable first love. And he really was going to go through with SAZ, just because she said she wanted to help him.

*will never be able to hear a word against this ship* Lol
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 18:10   Link #22
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
Yeah...? It's still adorable first love. And he really was going to go through with SAZ, just because she said she wanted to help him.

It is. And it just stays there. Lelouch going on with SAZ, was not just because Euphie wanted to help him, he did think through it, and it was mostly about Nunally. Obviously Lelouch loves Euphemia, but in a sibling kind of way. They are grown-ups now, Lelouch's first love-crush on his cousin, has no relevance at all in the present Geass takes place.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 18:10   Link #23
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:

all i can say against his ship (other then i dont think there is much to support it) is that lelouch HIMSELF made it clear how much euphie actually MEANS to him
he was PLANNING to do something to her that is JUST AS HORRIBLE as what he ACTUALLY did
it may not be as horrible to the OTHER PEOPLE who died as a result of the massacre
but for EUPHIE there would be no difference
she would be utterly and completely destroyed

in the end the only thing that kept him from doing it is that euphie showed him JUST HOW FAR she was willing to go to achive it
the fact that it was EUPHIE he was destroying wasnt, in itself, enough to stop him
Old 2009-06-13, 18:18   Link #24
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

... good point. But I dunno, planning isn't exactly the same as going through with it --- and as we know, he never did actually go through with it. He did love her though, which he freely admits to. Whether or not he stopped loving her when he was older doesn't stop me from adoring it XD

Also, he felt a great deal of guilt for her death all through the second season. And what he did eventually do to her led him to abandon the Black Rebellion... I think he was rather selfish in whatever affection he held for her. He didn't mind painting her as the villain and making her angry with him, so long as it kept her out of his business. He had not been prepared to kill her and destroy everything she stood for.

Last edited by snowdevil_crow; 2009-06-13 at 18:20. Reason: ALSO
Old 2009-06-13, 18:26   Link #25
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

I loved my cousin when I was a child. And I can recognize him as my first love (Ok no my first love was Atreyu from the neverending story :'D) but it was that; First love in childhood. Lelouch never show ay hints that he may have this kind of feelings for Euphie in the present when he retrieved her.

On another not, ships like Nunally/Lelouch creeps me out. Shipping in geass is killing all those things I believed in. Friendship, sibling love...everything is twisted. I don't think I ever saw an anime with so many twisted relationship :/

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 18:33   Link #26
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

DON'T LOOK AT PAPA TO KISS IN THE DARK is all I'll say XD

Yeah, Lelouch/Nunnally... I gotta admit, I don't really like that one. In fact, I don't like most incest ships, but something about LuluEuphy just... draws me... lol.
Old 2009-06-13, 18:35   Link #27
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post

On another not, ships like Nunally/Lelouch creeps me out. Shipping in geass is killing all those things I believed in. Friendship, sibling love...everything is twisted. I don't think I ever saw an anime with so many twisted relationship :/
Incest in general, was never really my thing, but yeah. It can be annoying, twisting something beautiful to make it "zomg sexy!11" when it is clearly not. Oh well, hello shipping society. 8D
Old 2009-06-13, 18:39   Link #28
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Lol, yeah. Though it ought to be noted, not all incest ships are just for the sexy. *shrug*
Old 2009-06-13, 18:42   Link #29
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Lol, yeah. Though it ought to be noted, not all incest ships are just for the sexy. *shrug*
Yeah ah, i am quite aware of that. I was referring to the specific one.
Old 2009-06-13, 18:58   Link #30
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Actually, I think it's already quite something that Lelouch didn't go through with his plan of making Euphie shoot him. He thought of what she was doing as a complete destruction of his life long ambition, after all.
His reaction when she figured out he was Zero was also pretty cute...
So yes, I'd say he definitely cared for her. A lot, considering he even wrote to her after he was sent to Japan and never was one to easily let go of the past.
I also have no problems letting his feelings for her pass as something with "much potential for being considered borderline romantic", exactly because they didn't interact that much. Lelouch didn't really have the time to decide how he felt about her after all those years - their relationship had been put "on hold" for too long.

Incest... you know, actually, I'm very peculiar when it comes to that. There's just no way I'd ever be able to enjoy NunallyxLelouch, but there was a time when I thought SchneizelxLelouch was pretty weird and ClovisxLelouch even weirder (don't ask me why - I don't even think it was because of the incest).
Now... now, I think Lelouch and Schneizel can be hot together, and when it comes to Lelouch and Clovis, I just want them to interact, no matter in what way. I always love them. xD
So... yeah, tastes. I'm a sucker for platonic relationships, and I wouldn't want to have them any other way in the anime, but other than that? Bring it on. xD
Old 2009-06-13, 19:05   Link #31
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Actually, I think it's already quite something that Lelouch didn't go through with his plan of making Euphie shoot him. He thought of what she was doing as a complete destruction of his life long ambition, after all.
His reaction when she figured out he was Zero was also pretty cute...
So yes, I'd say he definitely cared for her. A lot, considering he even wrote to her after he was sent to Japan and never was one to easily let go of the past.
I also have no problems letting his feelings for her pass as something with "much potential for being considered borderline romantic", exactly because they didn't interact that much. Lelouch didn't really have the time to decide how he felt about her after all those years - their relationship had been put "on hold" for too long.
you accept THAT as possible romantic angle
and yet you wont accept the romantic angle in the relationship that lelouch has with the girls who are the ACTUAL romantic interests of the show

if lelouch not being able to go along with the plan is enough to suggest romance
i guess suzakallen also gets bonus points for suzaku not being able to drug kallen in the end
Old 2009-06-13, 19:08   Link #32
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
you accept THAT as possible romantic angle
and yet you wont accept the romantic angle in the relationship that lelouch has with the girls who are the ACTUAL romantic interests of the show

if lelouch not being able to go along with the plan is enough to suggest romance
i guess suzakallen also gets bonus points for suzaku not being able to drug kallen in the end
Hu?
I already consider Lelouch's relationship with Shirley and Kallen "borderline romantic". I think we established that a long time ago.

And if Suzaku had ever admitted that Kallen was his first love, I'd agree - bonus points indeed.
Old 2009-06-13, 19:14   Link #33
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Hu?
I already consider Lelouch's relationship with Shirley and Kallen "borderline romantic". I think we established that a long time ago.

And if Suzaku had ever admitted that Kallen was his first love, I'd agree - bonus points indeed.
Borderline? Like, border-border, or a bit more in the inside of the middle of the border? 8D
Old 2009-06-13, 19:16   Link #34
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Borderline? Like, border-border, or a bit more in the inside of the middle of the border? 8D
I don't know. I could try and push them from above to see on which side they land, but I'm afraid Rolo might randomly pop up behind me and make me go away... and I rather like my life.
Old 2009-06-13, 19:36   Link #35
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post

.... I'd say it does. *shifty eyes*

Kind of?

>_>
Old 2009-06-13, 19:56   Link #36
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

even though the REASON he couldnt do it had nothing to do with kallen ?
he just couldnt lower himself to lelouch's level

i'd say that letting her kick his ass over it is a better example at a bonus points
since that actually IS something he does for no other reason then trying to ask for kallen's forgiveness
Old 2009-06-13, 22:20   Link #37
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Okay, i bet he thought everyone would forget, but i didn't. Where is your surprise, Nobby? We've been waiting for this for a loooong time now, hehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 22:28   Link #38
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
I would not put credit to this at all, it is like arguing about Shirley and her father in Stage 12. 8D
Kids are kids, so yeah.
Yeah, kids always talk about marrying members of their immediate family

Honestly though, I never thought much of Lelouch/Euphie, Lelouch/Nunnally or what-have-you since I don't think the writers were seriously aiming for that and plus, you know, incest is icky.

As for the SuzaKallen thing, yeah you raise a good point blade. I have to agree. Not that I consider SuzaKallen all that likely to happen anyway.

@Kid Ying: As I've said before, I just want to give everyone a chance to say whatever they've been holding in or any manifestos they want to deliver before I give my surprise. But hey, if no one has anything major to say then I'll gladly get on with it.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 22:46   Link #39
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

@blade.
... hm... a good point... well... I dunno *leeches off whatever character interaction there is*

Anyway, nobodyman, go right ahead
Old 2009-06-13, 22:49   Link #40
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Anyway, nobodyman, go right ahead
Whew, well it's gonna take some time. Tell you what, you guys have some more fun here and I'll back in a little bit
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote