AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 15:44   Link #2821
Dark Wing

I personally don't believe Keito was out of character at all. Remember she was a girl in love who had to shut her feelings and true self away so the guy she loved could be happy with the girl he was engaged to.
Old 2011-04-03, 16:00   Link #2822
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Now that was an epic show. Good stuff. Was a bit surprised Takuto went for the destroy Zero Time route...but eh it all works out in the end.

Gundam vs Cybodies anyone?

Last edited by Freya; 2011-04-03 at 16:14.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 16:02   Link #2823
Kisekai
★★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Well, we saw people interact with each others the entire show. And now, we got... nothing.
We didn't ask for much, just a small epilogue to see how life goes for the characters. Just a quick view... Or at least a little speech by Sarina, who's totally missing from the episode.
To me, it would seem fair to get one.
I completely agree with this statement. I was also looking forward, after the final credits, to one more minute of series. I would have loved to know who Wako picked in the end and what the hell happened with all the members of the Glittering Crux. You know, a brief overview, something to put our minds at ease after such an episode of awesomeness.

I 'gasmed thrice whilst watching this episode. Srsly, I love when they put so much money and effort into making an episode this good visually-wise. The story was already great but they did an ever greater job at animating it. I clenched my teeth and closed tight both of my fists at the beginning of the episode and didn't release any of the three until it finished. Truly awesome. I didn't expect to turn out this way. I am greatly surprised, even if a little bit (just a little) disappointed because of the lack of a short mini-sequel right after the credits.

I can totally say this anime is as good as TTGL. At least, it is to me.

Edit: I take this back. TTGL ruined it at the very end. Old Simon is old and EWWW.
Old 2011-04-03, 16:03   Link #2824
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Now that was an epic show. Good stuff. Was a bit surprised Takuto went for the destroy Zero Time route...but eh it all works out in the end.
Well Takuto couldn't let his best friend just well die. He, Wako, or Keito wouldn't have been able to go one without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisekai View Post
I completely agree with this statement. I was also looking forward, after the final credits, to one more minute of series. I would have loved to know who Wako picked in the end and what the hell happened with all the members of the Glittering Crux. You know, a brief overview, something to put our minds at ease after such an episode of awesomeness.
You know what I just thought about...Bones would be troll enough to force use to wait for some spacial DVD bounce material to find out what happens next...
Old 2011-04-03, 16:41   Link #2825
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Not much closure. As usual, we're left to figure everything out for ourselves.

I don't think that unsealing Zero Time will really make a difference now, though, since all the Cybodies have been destroyed.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 16:41   Link #2826
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
I would have loved to know who Wako picked in the end and what the hell happened with all the members of the Glittering Crux.
I definitely wanted to know what would happen to the Crux members as life goes on. The Vice President plotline was left open, too. And some more explanations about the origins of Tauburn would be interesting, but too late for that at this stage.

For Wako, I think it's fairly safe to say that she got her harem with Sugata and Takuto Since she can now leave the island, they probably went to Tokyo to study and for Wako to pursue her career dreams.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 16:54   Link #2827
msg

What no epilogue...???

Whats up with head after being punched, he talked to ryo casually like the punch is being nothing...why do i get a feeling this series is lacking of somthing and yes those plotholesunansweredquestions doesn't help either...

awesome epic mecha fight though

If those cybodies models would ever come out in 1:72 i would totally buy them out
Old 2011-04-03, 17:39   Link #2828
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It was exactly as the first two episodes made me think it would be. Nice visuals and not much story or context. Gets less than average score from me.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 17:39   Link #2829
miaka036

I enjoyed the series overall. I wanted a epilogue but I could have happy if Wako made a choice between Sugata and Takuto. I can't buy she loves them both equally after the last few eps. Nope, sorry, the writers needed to do more to convinced me of a threesome hook up.
miaka036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 17:42   Link #2830
Kisekai
★★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
You know what I just thought about...Bones would be troll enough to force use to wait for some spacial DVD bounce material to find out what happens next...
Hehe, funny enough, you could be right. We'll have to wait for the DVD to come out to find out whether there are any extras worth being watched :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
For Wako, I think it's fairly safe to say that she got her harem with Sugata and Takuto Since she can now leave the island, they probably went to Tokyo to study and for Wako to pursue her career dreams.
I demand an OVA of Wako as a singer and some more awesomeness stuffed in it.

Pretty plz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg
Whats up with head after being punched, he talked to ryo casually like the punch is being nothing...why do i get a feeling this series is lacking of somthing and yes those plotholesunansweredquestions doesn't help either...
It obviously didn't hurt him.
He must have been like "Oh, what a nice Takuto-BREEZE!!!"
/passes out

"Hey Ryo, sup? What's this shit all about? Woke up a second ago and I'm already standing and not bleeding in the least. Am I not awesome?"

Oh, and most importantly. How the hell do they go back to Earth from Space when both of the cybodies are crushed to smithereens?
I bet there's no epilogue because the two main characters die up there.
I'm kidding.
Wako picks them up for sure.
Old 2011-04-03, 17:49   Link #2831
miaka036

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
It was exactly as the first two episodes made me think it would be. Nice visuals and not much story or context. Gets less than average score from me.
Since I didn't expect much from the series, I enjoyed it a lot more than if I did expect. If the series was longer, I think the storyline would be more fleshed out.
miaka036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 17:51   Link #2832
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
I demand an OVA of Wako as a singer and some more awesomeness stuffed in it.

Pretty plz?
And a faaaaabulous costume !!
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 17:56   Link #2833
Kisekai
★★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
And a faaaaabulous costume !!
We also accept nude shots.
But yeah, go with an awesome costume. Plus, throw in some suits for the hunks.
Old 2011-04-03, 18:00   Link #2834
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
O RLY? I had exactly the opposite impression, a lot of story, and very ugly character designs (Takuto... OMFG), but with a shit-load of money spent on 3-4 minutes animation per episode (save for two good ones). Unlike most shows with fan-service (be it a panty-flash or mecha with high-heels ducking it out), here the story developement was crippled by the action... even in Index during action the offer some exposition, here they just shout senseless (yet hilarious) attack names, like your average kid show

... also what is this mass wishing for epilogue? 5 extra seconds per character can only hurt their stories
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 18:20   Link #2835
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
even in Index during action the offer some exposition, here they just shout senseless (yet hilarious) attack names, like your average kid show
So you would prefer twenty minutes of moronic morality and grade-school psychology lessons every time Takuto opens his mouth during a fight?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 18:51   Link #2836
Oberon

Personally, I really enjoyed this finale. I wouldn't be averse to some bonus epilogue on the BD/DVDs, but even without such an addition, I'd call this an overall good end, to a good series.

Most of the major stuff that drove the story was taken care of. Wako made her choice (maintain a mini harem of fabulous debauchery), both Wako and Sugata got finally freed of their inherited burdens, Takuto got to punch his dad and made him feel it. What we lack is mostly a "how are things gonna play out from here on out" kind of conclusion, but I think we got to know the various characters well enough to take an educated guess. Moreover, now we are still free to imagine how everything may develop. Everything's possible and I'd like to think that every character can now make "their galaxy shine", after the center trio has shown them the way.

If you'd like to think Keito may still have a go at Sugata, feel free to imagine so. Fabulous threesome end instead? Sure! Which of Benio's knights will be promoted to her "knight commander"? You can decide! Will Kanako have another go at Takuto or will Takashi be her eternal masseur? Could go either way. Maybe some bittersweet or downright bad end for some of the characters? If that's what floats your boat. Will Head try to move on and atone, or will he hang himself? Could go various ways. Maybe now that the threat is taken care of, Sarina will decide she'd like to be more than just a spectator? I could see it.

The point is, we didn't get stuck with some sort of attempt by the writers to make a "memorable" ending by various drastic means and out of the left field twists in the aftermath. I've seen a lot of series do this and as a result, a lot of decent series don't get rewatched by me anymore, because various unpalatable decisions about how to wrap up loose threads have left a sour taste in my mouth. As I said, I wouldn't mind an actual epilogue as a bonus, as I'd love to see more of the characters, but I feel that the important issues got taken care of and now everyone can actually imagine how they'd like the characters to continue on. As it stands now, the worst side-effect of not setting everyone's fate into stone is maybe the lack of bragging rights in shipping discussions.

Or, to argue from another angle, in a way the open ending fits, as Takuto has fought his hardest, so that the future of those he came to care about wasn't set in stone anymore.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 19:00   Link #2837
Key Board
Carbon

Apparently no one likes Samekh

Not just Ayingott

All the other cybodies wanted Samekh gone
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 19:59   Link #2838
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
So you would prefer twenty minutes of moronic morality and grade-school psychology lessons every time Takuto opens his mouth during a fight?
Neither! I think that the mecha were in the show just to attract more viewers... therefore removing it altogether (or at least reducing it significantly only to important and not repetitive battles) would make the show far better, but also even less popular (for BONES standards). As for the Index comparison, my point was to follow its action scene structure, where (for the most part) there is plot/character development during them, not the rest of the show, where there is still exposition accompanied by fan-service
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 20:03   Link #2839
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Which of Benio's knights will be promoted to her "knight commander"? You can decide!
I like to imagine that both of them got the promotion... OMG The Doujins!
Old 2011-04-03, 20:13   Link #2840
Nobodyman9
Banned

Just finished the last episode.

Well, aside from pretty neat battles and nice animation, I have to say that that was a tremendous waste of time.

6/10 for the series, and that's being generous.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen