AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-22, 07:08   Link #141
Wrath88
Kissing...

Does it really take that long for the true cola to come out?

Anyway, how are they going to make it back through the desert after this? Don't tell me there's some secret tunnel...

I can see that at the end of this ingredient collection arcs, there will be like some big gathering of the four, and they'll eat all the stuff they collected for a big powerup before going into the Gourmet World
Old 2011-05-22, 15:36   Link #142
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Anyway, how are they going to make it back through the desert after this? Don't tell me there's some secret tunnel...
Taking into account the fact that the pyramid was just the top of a buried city, they might as well walk all the way back while underground, the city can possibly be connected to the ruins.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 11:21   Link #143
Wrath88
Kissing...

Bleh, it all fell to Zebra again in the end. He's got the most power and ability diversity of the four. If you ask me, it seems like Toriko got the real short straw in powers compared to the other three.
Old 2011-05-26, 15:15   Link #144
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Bleh, it all fell to Zebra again in the end. He's got the most power and ability diversity of the four. If you ask me, it seems like Toriko got the real short straw in powers compared to the other three.
Well, Zebra isn't called "The greatest out of the Four Kings" for nothing!
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 23:44   Link #145
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler for chapter 143:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 06:23   Link #146
Battler-kun

Good pace
And you can actually see the destination of the manga.
Everyone is optming to get that "God" indigrent/dish.

Reading chapters for chapters every week of Toriko is really enjoyable thanks to its well balanced pace.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 16:02   Link #147
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Higher gourmet taste -> time for Toriko to hunt in the gourmet world to find moar Nitro and clues towards god.
Old 2011-06-03, 15:52   Link #148
marvelB

Man, I've been meaning to post in this thread again for a while, but I kept putting it off for some reason or another....

Anyways, loved the recent arc. Zebra's more awesome than I initially imagined him to be (certainly helps that he has sound-based powers, which is something I've always taken a fancy to ). The battle against the sphinx and Nitro was badass, too (though Toriko's fight against Tommyrod is still pretty much my top favorite in the series so far). The exposition on the Nitro species this chapter was quite interesting, as well. Can't wait to learn more of their history and their connection to God.....

...However, I do have one slight issue so far: I think it's about time for Shimabukuro to introduce another group of villains aside from the Bishokukai. I guess the Nitro would sorta count to some extent, but the fact that there's so few of them makes me doubt that they'd fit the bill. I just find it kinda funny that we've been introduced to a whole mess of IGO dudes who are stronger than Toriko and the other heavenly kings and seem to outnumber the amount of top-tier Bishokukai guys, as well. Could use a little more balance, you know....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 22:55   Link #149
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ I also agree that there's a disportionate amount of strong "good" guys vs. strong "bad" guys. Usually in any story there are more bad guys than good (or at least a close to even number) but this different.
Old 2011-06-04, 01:56   Link #150
gameboy234

Zebra is definitely fearsome. Not only does he has destructive power, he is a walking gps and lie detector. Amazed that he is not just 'fighting' guy.
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 02:17   Link #151
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I just find it kinda funny that we've been introduced to a whole mess of IGO dudes who are stronger than Toriko and the other heavenly kings and seem to outnumber the amount of top-tier Bishokukai guys, as well. Could use a little more balance, you know....?
When you consider that 70% of the world is still unexplored, you can snap your fingers and pull a whole country of villains, and it would be perfectly natural for them to be hella strong, since they'd be living in the dangerous gourmet world. That being said, we still know nothing of the bishokukai's leader...
Old 2011-06-04, 15:30   Link #152
marvelB

BTW, I was looking back at the past pages of this thread and noticed that there was a little debate about this series' lack of emotional scenes compared to One Piece, which was a coincidence since I just had a similar argument concerning the same subject matter at the OP section. I just want to say that while I don't disagree that it isn't a necessity for a good story to have scenes that tug at your heartstrings, a few emotional scenes here and there would still be welcome, IMO. It would add some more flavor to the overall experience (and yes, that pun was fully intended ). And so, that's my only 2 cents to add on that matter. Now, back to the current discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
When you consider that 70% of the world is still unexplored, you can snap your fingers and pull a whole country of villains, and it would be perfectly natural for them to be hella strong, since they'd be living in the dangerous gourmet world. That being said, we still know nothing of the bishokukai's leader...

Well, we at least know the Bishokukai leader's name (Midora), that he was a former disciple of Acacia (making him a peer of Jirou and Ichiryuu), and that he's probably closer to obtaining God than any of the current characters due to his obsession with the Nitro, so we're not completely clueless about him.....

But yeah, I suppose we can count on the Gourmet World to provide us with a new crop of villains (though I'd still rather see some new uber-baddies from the human world). In fact, it was noted that the Nitro supposedly created entire civilizations throughout history, so maybe the inhabitants of those places may end up becoming future enemies.......

And going back to God, I still have the feeling that in the end, it won't be Toriko or the Bishokukai who eventually discovers it first, but our favorite bumbling fool, Zombie Zonge.
Old 2011-06-04, 16:50   Link #153
KBTKaiser

Ichiryuu
Jirou
Midora

...1st Dragon, 2nd Wolf, 3rd Tiger, anyone?
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 15:01   Link #154
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And going back to God, I still have the feeling that in the end, it won't be Toriko or the Bishokukai who eventually discovers it first, but our favorite bumbling fool, Zombie Zonge.
Please no.
Old 2011-06-05, 15:49   Link #155
ellifeedn
Thinker

He may discover it, but that doesn't mean he'll eat it first.
Old 2011-06-05, 17:12   Link #156
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It would be hilarious if Zombie came across it, though i doubt it'll happen.

I'm just waiting for him to turn up again.
Old 2011-06-06, 03:37   Link #157
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i hope it's something rlly lame like the god from south park and everybody'll go FUUUUUUUU trollface
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 10:33   Link #158
marvelB

So the spoiler for 144 is out, and it's..... rather strange:

Spoiler:

Edit: Okay, not only did a Chinese scanlation come out, but aohige cleared up a few more details over at AP forums:

Spoiler:

Hmm, definitely sounds interesting so far.

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-06-08 at 16:03.
Old 2011-06-09, 02:05   Link #159
xellos2099

Just read chinese scan,
Spoiler for spoiler:
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 11:21   Link #160
Kafriel
Senior Guest

IIRC he was the one who controlled the puffer cave's GT robo, right? He really does look like Sani...

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen