AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-04-10, 18:17   Link #881
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainCharacter View Post
I'm glad that this happened. I would be on the fence about buying the DEEN anime if it were localized, but I'll be buying this for sure. If they are collecting every 2 volumes per volume, then that means there can only be about 10 or so volumes released here until they hit a dead end where the manga hasn't been fully finished yet, given the dumb way this was released in Japan.

Maybe they'll spend a year giving us Episodes 1-4 manga, take a year or two off while 5-8 finished in Japan, and then go back to localizing it? Unless this isn't going to be released monthly, but bi-monthly, or even less frequently, in which case it'll be 2 or more years until it reaches EP5 anyway, so it might be all good...
There is already about 30 volumes of Umineko manga out in Japan, and no, I can't recall a single case when YenPress were releasing a series monthly.
Even if they decide it's going to be published every other month, I will be surprised, they like to have 3 or 4 months of break between their releases.
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 20:12   Link #882
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

The Higurashi omnibuses are being released every three months. Maybe Umineko will do the same.
Old 2012-04-15, 15:11   Link #883
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
So...what should I do now?

I mean, I know I can't give links here anymore when we release something, ok, but does anyone know if the group can still continue the projects even if Umineko is licensed? Because I know about groups that don't really care for the "licensed" thing, but since I don't know about consequences and etc I figured i should ask here for opinions and suggestions...

Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 15:23   Link #884
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

You are from Brazil, right? Well... if it's licenced in U.S.A., doesn't mean it is everywhere else too, however it is possible that you must change the domain name to something that does not end with ".com" (i mean wtdnd), but my knowledge about these things is limited. But the fact remains, that this cliché about USA-licencings baning any possibility of continueing scanning manga is just plain wrong.

Well... aside from that Manga scans have been in a legal grey zone ever since they were done for the first time.

But I think: If the place the data is stored and the owner of it (probably you) is outside of the USA, then there are no problems, as I never heard of Umineko being licenced anywhere else.

But please take what i say with a grain of salt, as I really am not an expert about this...

Oh, i heard Renall is a lawyer^^

Last edited by GreyZone; 2012-04-15 at 16:26.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 18:26   Link #885
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Well, technically there's the risk the actual owner of the legal rights for an English translation will send you a C&D letter... but technically even the owner of the Japanese version of the manga can send you a C&D letter as he owns the right to the pictures that are being scanned.
US English... if you know what i mean^^

Let's assume I, who lives in Germany created a website called "uminekomanga.de", which is "physically" placed in Germany too and I would now scanlate Umineko Manga in UK English here.

Does an american company have the right to send me one of those letters then? Ahh well i wouldn't be surprised, if they could... FBI for example could after all even arrest a German/Hong Konger in New Zeland.... wtf? Well the word MEGA has been less used in the internet after that... American's have too much power
sry for going offtopic.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 18:44   Link #886
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
US English... if you know what i mean^^

Let's assume I, who lives in Germany created a website called "uminekomanga.de", which is "physically" placed in Germany too and I would now scanlate Umineko Manga in UK English here.

Does an american company have the right to send me one of those letters then? Ahh well i wouldn't be surprised, if they could... FBI for example could after all even arrest a German/Hong Konger in New Zeland.... wtf? Well the word MEGA has been less used in the internet after that... American's have too much power
sry for going offtopic.
Well, I've read you can always send C&D letters, even when you actually can't prosecute the person to whom you're sending the letter.
But really, after receiving one of them, would you take the risk?
It seems for example that fanfics fall in an even grayer area than scanlations as all they use is the characters and the setting of a story... and if they're AU the setting might be not used and of the characters might remain just the name.

However some authors have sent C&D letters to people using their characters and, needless to say, they had merely put offline their fics and be done with them (or posted some other place with another nickname).

Isn't Yen Press the same that had released Higurashi? Has Yen Press demanded pre-existent scanlations to be put down?

If they didn't it's possible their politic is they don't care about them.
I know they own Kobato, Pandora Hearts, Nabari no Ou, K-ON, Azumanga Daioh, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Kuroshitsuji, which had been scanlated without problems if that can be somewhat reassuring to the WTDND Group.

However the final decision is up to the WTDND Group. I hope they'll continue with the scanlations but that's something only they can decide.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 19:06   Link #887
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Sure the thing I want in he most is finish the projects, i wouldn't even think about dropping it but some things just worry me...

anyway, I'll start searching for somewhere more secure to release the projects then and yes, i'm trying to release episode 3 and the other ones, but everyone just is so busy now... I'm not studying anymore, but when I was, i had a better notion about the tests period and I think that episode 3 translator is busy studying, since she said in her last e-mail that she would be busy for a while, so we can just wait...

if anyone want to suggest any places we can use to release umineko, I'm listening

Old 2012-04-16, 22:07   Link #888
D3monicWolv3s

Geez yen press, take all my money why don't you? Higurashi, umineko, soul eater, and puella magi? D:

But yeah I'd like to see wtdnd continue, since its personally hard to suggest the anime to anyone, and try to get people to spend money on a sound novel when they've never heard of them.
Old 2012-04-17, 12:28   Link #889
maximilianjenus
[E]

Also, if you are going to upload files to mediafire or other compliant servers, do not use obvious filenames because that breaks the whole deal of making them private so instead of naming them umineko no naku koro ni episode 1 legend of the golden witch, something like ue1c12wntdn should suffice (so people can't find the chapters by simply googling).
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 13:41   Link #890
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Umineko's English release starts this November.
http://www.yenpress.com/umineko-when-they-cry/
Old 2012-04-28, 21:10   Link #891
RandomAvatarFan

Gotta say, the first time I looked at the Umineko manga thread ever only because I was really surprised to see it marked "Licensed" I think that's great, and I can't wait to see it!

On a slightly (un)related note, are Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen being released too, or did Higurashi stop at Tsumihoroboshi-hen?

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 04:13   Link #892
battle22

November???? too much waiting..
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 22:41   Link #893
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
On a slightly (un)related note, are Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen being released too, or did Higurashi stop at Tsumihoroboshi-hen?
Yes they're being released in omnibus editions just like Umineko.
http://www.yenpress.com/higurashi-when-they-cry/

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
November???? too much waiting..
We've been collecting Higurashi manga volumes for 3 and a half years now. Waiting 6 months for Umineko is [nothing.
I'm ecstatic by the very news that they're actually going ahead and releasing it while Higurashi's still going!
You should be thankful we don't have to wait until 2014 for Umineko.
Baru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 04:23   Link #894
~Ayane~

Quote:
UMINEKO WHEN THEY CRY
Episode 1: Legend of the Golden Witch

•Volume 1 | Coming November 2012
•Volume 2 | Coming February 2013
UMINEKO WHEN THEY CRY
Episode 2: Turn of the Golden Witch

•Volume 1 | Coming May 2013
•Volume 2 | Coming August 2013
God damn, that hurts..maybe I..uh...stick to my originals..
Also,

Quote:
UMINEKO WHEN THEY CRY
Volume 1
story by Ryukishi07, art by Hinase Momoyama
Really Yenpress? Really?
Old 2012-04-30, 11:16   Link #895
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
God damn, that hurts..maybe I..uh...stick to my originals..
... How? This release rate is actually faster than Higurashi's was when it was in smaller volumes. It's like getting two Umineko's once every three months. I also really like how they time it so Higurashi and Umineko have a new volume one month apart, leaving only one out of three months with no When They Cry books.

This is probably the best thing Yen Press could have done with the series to keep it coming out at a decent rate without falling behind or dragging it out for years and years...
Baru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 16:32   Link #896
~Ayane~

I don't like waiting so much for things. At least with Higurashi you got a volume every two months (not anymore).
You may get 2in1 treatment, but it still doesn't change a fact, that over a year they only release 3-4 books.
Plus, it's a different note, but recently I'm growing more and more tired of everything being released in omnibuses, instead keeping it like in the original.
At least with originals, every four months you get 3-4 volumes, so when it comes down to it, it's like getting one manga every month.
Also, I really wish they would sometimes take the Viz path and release things faster until they catch up.
I know probably most people are happy that they will be able to own and read it English, but I'm just one of those people that want things ASAP, so I'm not going to wait for the English release eagerly or anything.
But I probably buy it anyway when it comes out, just to support something Umineko related in the west. No matter how annoying I personally find the sluggish pace Yenpress releases their licenses, they are still awesome when it comes to quality of their work
Old 2012-04-30, 20:31   Link #897
RandomAvatarFan

Wait... I was wondering what
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~
Quote:
UMINEKO WHEN THEY CRY
Volume 1
story by Ryukishi07, art by Hinase Momoyama
Really Yenpress? Really?
meant.

I haven't been following the artists for the manga, but on ANN Legend's art is credited to "Kei Natsumi"

I'm confused now...

Old 2012-05-01, 07:23   Link #898
~Ayane~

Kei Natsumi is the artist of Ep1 (and 3 and 8), not Hinase Momoyama. They mixed the names.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:51   Link #899
RandomAvatarFan

Yeah, I understood that now. It's probably a web mistake, and will at least be corrected on the actual volumes.

Old 2012-05-01, 21:12   Link #900
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Dragons View Post
Umineko's English release starts this November.
http://www.yenpress.com/umineko-when-they-cry/
Y E S YES YES YES THAT GIVES US A LOT OF FREE TIME TO FINISH EPISODE 3! SORRY EVERYONE WHO WAS WAITING TO BUY IT BEFORE 2013, HAHA

...but that's sad because I was also waiting to buy episode 1 for myself as christmas gift ._.

so sad Umineko fans have to suffer, at least make a sequel for the anime already =<

Tags
seinen, shounen