AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-15, 12:55   Link #1001
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I was hoping that SSO would break the tradition, but OMG! They actually managed to come up with the worst Taurus name to date!
There are quite a few fictional characters named Harbinger...and given the word's meaning, it's not really surprising.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 13:04   Link #1002
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
There are quite a few fictional characters named Harbinger...and given the word's meaning, it's not really surprising.
Really?

Well, it’s still a very strange name for a guy to me (unless it’s only a nickname or last name). Heck, I found the name Doomsday for a (alien) character in Superman comics kinda ridiculous. It sounds more like a name for an object, like Allspark for example. I don’t know which is worse for an actual person's name, Deathmask or Harbringer.
Old 2012-10-15, 13:17   Link #1003
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Lost Canvas's Taurus is Hasgard (¬¬).
Next Dimension't Taurus is Ox .
in LC his real name is Rasgado (it does seem like Hasgard though), but his "Gold Saint" name is Aldebaran D:
Old 2012-10-15, 13:24   Link #1004
Miraluka
Banned

Piscis Cardinale, Cancer Death Toll, Leo Kaiser, Virgo Shijima, Capricorn Izo, Gemini Cain/Abel are some of the names from Shion and Dohko's era.

Harbinger has the meaning of "messenger".

Btw, some of my friends says they don't care how Taurus is named for them Taurus always be the Kenny of the series.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 14:04   Link #1005
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Somehow I think after the events of episode 26 and 27 that Sonia and Eden are going to bolt and defect at the first possible opportunity. Neither of them have much reason to stick around with and put up with their parents bullshit after all that was revealed and transpired in that climax and pretty much every reason to want to resist their increasingly shameless cruelty.

One of the reveals that did surprise me though is that Sonia was indeed the one that killed Soma's dad who was basically caught off guard in refusing to fight what he saw as a harmless child. She obviously acted on instinct and doesn't seem to have enjoyed the moment of the kill so much as have been traumatized by it, but I don't think that should give her an out by any stretch and I think if she and Eden were to defect they're going to have to do a lot to make amends and to get the saints to completely trust them. One has to wonder though how both of them can have normal human emotions while Mars is such an evil bastard. Maybe they aren't really Martians at all and were never his kids...I mean there's a lot that doesn't add up here about the Martian side of the conflict that I'm sure has yet to be completely revealed.

Oh and one other thing I noticed, what seems to be one of Umakoshi's trademark visual cues that also appeared a lot in Casshern Sins and was even the title of the opening song seems to make an appearance in this episode again. The Blue Flower (Aoi Hana).

Spoiler for Aoi Hana:

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-10-15 at 15:16.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 14:38   Link #1006
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Piscis Cardinale, Cancer Death Toll, Leo Kaiser, Virgo Shijima, Capricorn Izo, Gemini Cain/Abel are some of the names from Shion and Dohko's era.
Yeah, Kurumada is clearly not that good in naming some of his fictional characters. I was reminded of Sphinx Pharaoh from Hades Inferno arc *shiver* .
Old 2012-10-15, 15:29   Link #1007
Miraluka
Banned

Actually, Lost Canvas' Rasgado means ripped apart .
Old 2012-10-15, 15:43   Link #1008
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Actually, Lost Canvas' Rasgado means ripped apart .
Yup, that’s strange alright. I guess the one resembling a proper name for Taurus is only Aldebaran, unless Taurus Ox’s real name is Oxley .
Old 2012-10-15, 18:04   Link #1009
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Really?
Yeah, DC comics had an Harbinger, it was also a main character in Mass Effect 2, pretty sure there are others, just google it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
One has to wonder though how both of them can have normal human emotions while Mars is such an evil bastard. Maybe they aren't really Martians at all and were never his kids...I mean there's a lot that doesn't add up here about the Martian side of the conflict that I'm sure has yet to be completely revealed.
I agree, and i have the feeling there's a lot about Medea that we don't know yet. She's the most mysterious character, and it's interesting how she's inspired by greek mythology, unlike Mars. i wonder is there's a reason for that.

Another possible untold story may come from the fact she's not Sonia's mother, and the series was sure to make it clear.
Old 2012-10-15, 19:33   Link #1010
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Somehow I think after the events of episode 26 and 27 that Sonia and Eden are going to bolt and defect at the first possible opportunity. Neither of them have much reason to stick around with and put up with their parents bullshit after all that was revealed and transpired in that climax and pretty much every reason to want to resist their increasingly shameless cruelty.
I seriously doubt Eden will defect before a rematch with Kouga. I bet Medea will brainwash him into blaming Kouga for Aria's death. We have yet to see much of her witch powers, after all.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 22:54   Link #1011
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Nah, he's daddy's boy. Something bad would have to happen to him before he changes his mind. He withstood Aria being in prison and his stepsister getting injured for his advancement.

Quote:
Oh and one other thing I noticed, what seems to be one of Umakoshi's trademark visual cues that also appeared a lot in Casshern Sins and was even the title of the opening song seems to make an appearance in this episode again. The Blue Flower (Aoi Hana).

Spoiler for Aoi Hana:
Or a blue rose.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5070138_bl...e-signify.html

Given Medea's past in mythology, Mars is prob using her.
Old 2012-10-16, 15:20   Link #1012
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for Mu:
Old 2012-10-18, 22:43   Link #1013
Miraluka
Banned

Calendar 2013 is out!!
Old 2012-10-19, 12:03   Link #1014
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

First shot of Genbu wearing the Libra Gold Cloth. Seems like he's using the weapons to fight.
Old 2012-10-20, 14:53   Link #1015
Miraluka
Banned

New OP today!!

Koga will get owned by Kiki tough .
Old 2012-10-20, 16:57   Link #1016
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 29:
Old 2012-10-20, 16:59   Link #1017
Miraluka
Banned

Gemini Saint is female, and wears the mask like any female saint do... except Yuna.

Any youtube link for the OP??
Old 2012-10-20, 17:02   Link #1018
Deltaray

I suppose it was good enough, need to wait for subs because keyhole audio fucked up.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 17:05   Link #1019
Goty

New opening is pretty stylish.
Judging by its scenes, it seems like Sonia will be a major character...i was wondering recently if the fact Medea wasn't her mother could be relevant, so her unknown origins may indeed play a big role.

This episode was very Saint Seiya indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for 29:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-20, 17:14   Link #1020
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 29:

Tags
action, shounen