AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-06-19, 05:24   Link #2681
Westward

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
No, that wasn't mentioned in the preview for volume 19.It was said in volume 18 though and she basically just keeps her distance and becomes less clingy, so she doesn't make Tatsuya uncomfortable, because she's afraid that he would cancel the engagement(according to vol 18 spoilers).
My bet is that in a future volume that we will see:

Spoiler for Prediction:

Last edited by Westward; 2016-06-20 at 00:28.
Westward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-19, 17:57   Link #2682
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westward View Post
My bet is that in a future volume that we will see:

Spoiler for Prediction:
You mean Miyuki?
Old 2016-06-20, 00:28   Link #2683
Westward

yeh thanks
Westward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 02:27   Link #2684
AzureSky14

By any chance anyone know when will the English Translation of Volume 18 and 19 will come out ?
AzureSky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-01, 07:30   Link #2685
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureSky14 View Post
By any chance anyone know when will the English Translation of Volume 18 and 19 will come out ?
Yen press one? 2025 maybe?
Old 2016-07-30, 06:52   Link #2686
novalysis

Wait, did Tatsuya omitted the revelation that Miyuki exist to act as the control for Tatsuya's material burst, in Volume 16? I remembered he did tell Miyuki about her being an artificial Mage.

I don't remember though, that Tatsuya told Miyuki about Miyuki being created for Tatsuya, or that Maya is counting on the possibility that Miyuki croaks, for Tatsuya to become the instrument of her madness and vengeance. Probably because he never considered that important enough.

You know, if Miyuki does learn of those two facts, I have a suspicion that this might shake her up sufficiently, that she might start thinking that in actuality, her courting Masaki, and Tatsuya courting Mayumi may form one possible solution against Maya's insane intentions. If only that tying those together to their family (not the Yotsubas, but to the siblings as Shibas) both buys additional political cover, and powerful magicians whose interest are forcibly aligned to yours. Of course it would be unfair to both Mayumi and Masaki, since Tatsuya and Miyuki will never reciprocate their feelings.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 19:43   Link #2687
Kotaro kunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Wait, did Tatsuya omitted the revelation that Miyuki exist to act as the control for Tatsuya's material burst, in Volume 16? I remembered he did tell Miyuki about her being an artificial Mage.

I don't remember though, that Tatsuya told Miyuki about Miyuki being created for Tatsuya, or that Maya is counting on the possibility that Miyuki croaks, for Tatsuya to become the instrument of her madness and vengeance. Probably because he never considered that important enough.

You know, if Miyuki does learn of those two facts, I have a suspicion that this might shake her up sufficiently, that she might start thinking that in actuality, her courting Masaki, and Tatsuya courting Mayumi may form one possible solution against Maya's insane intentions. If only that tying those together to their family (not the Yotsubas, but to the siblings as Shibas) both buys additional political cover, and powerful magicians whose interest are forcibly aligned to yours. Of course it would be unfair to both Mayumi and Masaki, since Tatsuya and Miyuki will never reciprocate their feelings.
Well, it's not like Tatsuya will ever reciprocate to anyone's feelings, even Miyuki, who he only sees as a little sister.
Kotaro kunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 08:16   Link #2688
fujin of shadows

cover and synopsis is out.
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-26, 13:00   Link #2689
MischaW

Just finished volume 18. Tatsuya, Mayumi and the umbrella - so cute I can't even...
MischaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 21:33   Link #2690
kouya rokuro

what you read is mahouka vol.18 full version?
or its vol 16 chapter 6-8?
kouya rokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 02:21   Link #2691
amtro
Distro

Vol 18 has been out for some time. Don't ask for a link though, it's against the rules.
Old 2018-06-30, 22:27   Link #2692
amtro
Distro

Vol 19 is out.
Old 2018-07-15, 09:26   Link #2693
EternalDragonGod Ise

Sorry but there will be no Tatsuya x mayumi or Miyuki x Masaki.
1st: Miyuki loves Tatsuya too much that she would do something foolish like run to that Idiot Masaki. I have nothing against him, but he is to naive to live as a Yotsuba. And i dont think he would be welcomed by them. They are the Darkness of Japan. He has an to honest Heart to ever understand the Yotsuba.
2nd: Tatsuya will never love Mayumi. But he can love Miyuki. It will take Time, yes but he can. Mayumi also showed an very dumb Side of her. She chose a Side, now she needs to live with i.
3rd: Yakumo explained why it can only be Tatsuya x Miyuki in Vol 23. Tatsuya WILL destroy the World if something will happen to Tatsuya. And Tatsuya did not deny anthing. So yeah.
EternalDragonGod Ise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 11:33   Link #2694
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalDragonGod Ise View Post
1st: Miyuki loves Tatsuya too much that she would do something foolish like run to that Idiot Masaki. I have nothing against him, but he is to naive to live as a Yotsuba. And i dont think he would be welcomed by them. They are the Darkness of Japan. He has an to honest Heart to ever understand the Yotsuba.
I agree on that. Personally, i think Lina and Masaki would be a better match.
However, more development has to happen to Masaki regardless, either to have him fall out of love with Miyuki or for the story to provide an actual chance for him. Personally, i think of Masaki on the same train as Honoka. I have nothing against them, but their chances are just so slim i wonder why the author bothers. I presume that either its a dead/dying plot of the story or the Author has something clever in store for it to make it more legit.

Quote:
2nd: Tatsuya will never love Mayumi.
He already see's Mayumi in a sexual light, and she is one of the few people that makes his 'ears burn' (another way of blushing). whether he will or wont love Mayumi after future developments is debatable depending on where the story goes. Personally i think, given their interactions, if Tatsuya did not have mind magic on him, he would likely of fallen for Mayumi by nature. As to if he will with the current circumstances, i don't know. As of the last volume he believes she is a genuine good natured person at least so... whoo?

Quote:
But he can love Miyuki. It will take Time, yes but he can. +
He already is dedicated to her Through mind magic. He's had years to fall for her but even after acknowledging and being in awe of her beauty, his mind magic still isn't enough to make him see her as a woman. Hell they've been engaged for almost six months in the story and if his mind magic isn't doing it after all its taken from him, then what will? He isn't even willing to take baths or sleep in the same bed as her and compromises in having 'Japanese style' beds
In vol 24, Tatsuya feels he might of hated Miyuki if he had all his emotions out of an 'inferiority complex' and while he is happy with the way things turned out, its still part of the magic on his mind.

Quote:
Mayumi also showed an very dumb Side of her. She chose a Side, now she needs to live with i.
i'm fed up of people who claim Mayumi "chose a side and has to live with it" as if what she did was evil or that she wanted to harm Tatsuya. If proves that these people (mostly from reddit) never even read the novel or what she was even doing and why.

1st: She only went to the meeting in hopes to stop the fight between Tatsuya and Katsuo from fighting at all even though she knew the chances where slim. She didn't Choose a "side", she was trying to find a compromise because she knew how Tatsuya can be, and how off putting he can be to other people.
Its just like when he rejected the "idol project" and she arranged a meeting with Katsuo and Tatsuya to find a compromise after Katsuo told her about Tatsuyas attitude when he rejected the Idol plan and how it felt he was alienating himself.

2: She told Katsuo about Tatsuyas restoration magic out of fear that Tatsuya would over use it. She knows about the cost and strain it puts him in, but what she didn't know is that Tatsuya was capable of destroying the Phlanx. Therefore, she was convinced that Tatsuya's plan of attack was to rely on it and warned Katsuo that Tatsuya was likely to use it until he is 'near death'.

3: When she "attacked" Tatsuya, it was after A)Katsuo smashed Tatsuya with the Phalanx B)Tatsuya blew up Katsuos arm and then C) Tatsuya pointed his Tridant at Katsuos heart. All of which happened in mere seconds of each other. The fact the duel had taken a massive violent turn was why she intervened to stop one from killing the other. Its not like she was going to kill Tatsuya or even hurt him, she and Mari intervened to stop the fight turning fatal. hell, the whole point of her wanting to be there was to prevent the fight from causing something Irreversible, and one killing the other is exactly that.

4: When all is said and done, She simply didn't know how loyal Tatsuya's friends would be, or what the true nature of the DIONE project was. ALL of Mayumi's actions where to prevent Tatsuya from further isolating himself from the master clans and magic society as a whole. She cried because she didn't want Tatsuya to suffer from the isolation his decision was likely to cause him, and after finding out the truth, told him to at least 'pretend' to want to participate to make life easier for him. Nothing about any of this puts Mayumi in a bad light or 'sinks the ship' as people love to write. If anything its just consistent with how she's always been in trying to help Tatsuya. Nothing more.

Quote:
3rd: Yakumo explained why it can only be Tatsuya x Miyuki in Vol 23. Tatsuya WILL destroy the World if something will happen to Tatsuya. And Tatsuya did not deny anything. So yeah.
But all of that has been set up by the Yotsuba to keep Tatsuya under their control. Even Maya admitted that if Tatsuya marries Miyuki, then he'll be under the Yotsuba control so she (Maya) wins, but if Tatsuya refuses and Miyuki is hurt, Tatsuya destroys the world and Maya has her revenge, so she still wins. How is that romantic? how is that ethical or right? a love twisted and forced for the sake of a calculating Auntie. And to go against it is to doom the world? and to have emotions taken away so the remaining one is amplified that also makes him become a servant of those who scorned and detested him, save for the one Aunt who only loved him because he could destroy the world? That is not a good ending by any means. If anything it is a plot that need to be resolved by getting rid of All the things the Aunt has placed on Tatsuya. They need to purify the circumstances of their relationship for it to be a good thing Otherwise they're just dancing in the palm of her hand and are no more than puppets or tools for Maya to use. Thats no happy ending and is what Tatsuya and Miyuki both wanted to avoid in the beginning, and being a Tool is what Tatsuya rejected the DIONE project for.
Miyuki is the only thing that's genuine about it i can trust. before i thought Tatsuya could of been as well until that small bit where he feels without the mind magic he would of resented Miyuki.
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 12:31   Link #2695
EternalDragonGod Ise

You can see it that Way, i see it my Way. I dont like Honoka, Masaki and Mayumi. And I never felt that Tatsuya truly liked Mayumi. And she dont deserve him in the first Place. Her and her whole Family are just a Bunch of stupid Idiots.
I on the other Hand absolute disagree with what u said about Maya. Like u a fed up of people who claim Mayumi "chose a side and has to live with it" as if what she did was evil or that she wanted to harm Tatsuya. I am fed up with this annoying Guys who make Maya the Bad Women.
I belive for what happend to Maya, she really have come out quite Normal. I would already use Tatsuya if i were her and erase the complete GAA. And I dont know if u have read all of the Vols (20-23) but there is a huge Progress between Tatsuya and Miyuki. And what Mind Magic please? There is no Mind magic. And he was never dedicated to her Through mind magic. xD His strong Emotion were erased at the Age of 6, and only the Love for Miyuki reminded. But he was not forced to love her, its just the only Emotion that Miya left. And the Artificial Magician Experiment was only for Tatsuya so that he will not destroy the World because of a Tantrum, or things will erase when he is mad.
EternalDragonGod Ise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 01:44   Link #2696
MRD143

Tatsuya has always been capable of feeling sexual desire it just doesn't rise"no pun intended" to the level of something he feels the urge to act upon. Maya in her strange way does care for Tatsuya it is Miyuki that she views as a tool.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-27, 01:42   Link #2697
Snowbold

I like the expansion on Maya's character here. We see that she wants the world to burn, but is not above seeing redemption, if not for herself. Tatsuya can be her salvation or her vengeance and she loves that he can fulfill either role regardless of which way the future takes them.
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
political intrigue