AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-14, 11:16   Link #241
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
That took like a whole company of soldier with knives, bombs, and machine guns to take him down. Also, he was only letting himself get hurt that time because of Lise, without that, he would have been out of there before any of them could even touch him. Inaho has never been shown yet to be any good in the physical department. He has standard reflexes, and he's bright but also clueless. L-elf would have never even let himself to be put in that kind of hold that the princess put him in, much less stay there. I think Inaho, like Lelouch is good academically, but only okay physically.

You are comparing a boy who was trained in a space nazi camp to kill or be killed since he was little, to a boy who has only been through 2 years of standard military training that even that girl Nina went through. It's not even remotely the same. Inaho couldn't even beat someone like Suzaku, and L-elf could take down Suzaku with only mild trouble.
Well, while Inaho is hardly the most over the top pilot you could see, I can't call him particularly "slow", either.
I mean his mech managed to dodge Argye's plasma sword when that previously deflected bullets with ease.
Such movement would require the sword to actually move faster than the incoming bullets.
There's a reason why any of the other pilots got dumbly cut in half there.
In the second fight he also caught Argye's elbow in the tiny moment the explosives of the reactive plates off-set the plasma sword.
So yeah.
Inaho also have a rather good understanding of human biomechanics as he always grabbed Argye's arms in a way they cannot exert their full force against the one who was holding them. Based on that we can also assume that Inaho must know Akido or other defensive martial arts, most likely as part of their military training in school.

Lastly, while L-Elf is impressive I'd rather bet on a person who could outspeed bullets or even autocannon shells and capable of kicking high-strength metal weapons into splinters.
By Suzaku's standards the time lag of 0.02 seconds is apparently too slow.
He was a genuine superhuman.
Old 2014-08-16, 11:49   Link #242
Death Usagi
Banned

And here I thought Slaine would become Asseylum's bodyguard by joining the team but...

I did not expect this...

So it will be Inaho vs Slaine now...?
Old 2014-08-16, 13:58   Link #243
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
And here I thought Slaine would become Asseylum's bodyguard by joining the team but...

I did not expect this...

So it will be Inaho vs Slaine now...?
I actually think they may just capture Slaine and the princess will probably explain who he is. When Slaine sees that the princess trusts Inaho, he'll explain about the plot by the knights and how he found out about it. Inaho and Slaine probably won't like or trust each other, and there will be a rivalry of sorts, but I don't think they'll be combative enemies for long.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-16, 14:10   Link #244
MeggieMay

Quote:
I actually think they may just capture Slaine and the princess will probably explain who he is. When Slaine sees that the princess trusts Inaho, he'll explain about the plot by the knights and how he found out about it. Inaho and Slaine probably won't like or trust each other, and there will be a rivalry of sorts, but I don't think they'll be combative enemies for long.
I'm hoping they go this route (just watched the last minute of the show to see what exactly happened), because Slaine's not dead by anyones standards (except Inaho if the writers decided to suddenly make him go dumb). The only other obvious routes they could take is to have Slaine swim to shore and continue to look for the Princess or have the Martian's capture Slaine and use him for whatever it is they have in mind. The latter would personally just drag this thing out more than it needs to be and just thinking about the former is giving me a headache (I also think that it would drag this on a bit more than I'd like to sit through ). While Inaho might like to let Slaine drown at this point, is it really wise to leave a Martian soldier swimming around this island? Common sense says make sure the pilot is dead and if he he's not pick him up and confine him. However, this is a Anime so common sense isn't usually in play, so it's hard to tell where they think they're going here.
Old 2014-08-16, 14:22   Link #245
Death Usagi
Banned

Yeah, I am wondering if there is a hidden motive behind Inaho's action this episode or what.
Old 2014-08-16, 16:00   Link #246
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
While Inaho might like to let Slaine drown at this point, is it really wise to leave a Martian soldier swimming around this island? Common sense says make sure the pilot is dead and if he he's not pick him up and confine him.
They have a flying battleship, somehow I don't think they'll be sticking around the island long enough for a lone pilot to do anything even if he swims to shore, so I doubt that would be a big factor.

On the other hand, if they don't pick him up somehow, that would probably be the end of the show for him Either marooned on an uninhabited island, or picked up by the martians who probably won't let him out again.

What I'm interested in is how long Saazbaum is going to be able to keep the fact that the earth has a martian aldnoah powered battleship flying around now. Doesn't seem like the type of thing one can keep under wraps for very long, and there are very few people around who can just turn them on
Old 2014-08-16, 17:08   Link #247
Arya

I'm with Irenesharda about Slaine.
But what could be interesting to see now is what the princess will do now. She activated the Archangel (sorry I have to check the correct name yet), does it mean she will side with the Terrain? Will she instead go in Kira mode making herself and Inaho's team as a third party in the conflict? But is there the need to become a third party if so far we haven't seen anyone else from the Terrain side?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-08-16, 17:09   Link #248
Death Usagi
Banned

More like, I am wondering if the thing they saw below them was that battleship or there was something else ._.

Also reposting the titles for the next upcoming episodes for more speculations:

8) The day a bird was seen -Then and Now-
9) Recollection device -Darkness Visible-
10) Until the Storm -Before the War-
Old 2014-08-16, 20:15   Link #249
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
She activated the Archangel (sorry I have to check the correct name yet)
It is called, the Deucalion, from Greek mythology.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-16, 21:16   Link #250
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
More like, I am wondering if the thing they saw below them was that battleship or there was something else ._.

Also reposting the titles for the next upcoming episodes for more speculations:

8) The day a bird was seen -Then and Now-
-
This episode might contain Captain Magbaredge learning the real story of her brother's death from Lieutenant Marito.
Old 2014-08-16, 21:28   Link #251
ReddyRedWolf

The Martian Ket landed on Tanegishima 15 years ago before the the Moon blowing up.

Since the casus belli of the Vers empire for starting the war was Alien tech exclusivity my guess UE found an Aldnoa drive on the Monn and built a battleship around it in Tanegashima.

A knight tried to destroy the base but the hypergate going boom ruined the day for him.

Some Knights like Saazbaum and Femienne are aware of such a treasure trove.

Note Vers has spaceships but no warships to speak of. This is a game changer.
Old 2014-08-16, 21:47   Link #252
Thess

Quote:
I don't know. That's just too easy. I don't think they'll work together until the last episode, if they do at all. It doesn't mean they'll be fighting each others, Slaine could take off solo somehow. I don't think he'll trust them after this.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-16, 21:50   Link #253
Irenesharda

I'm actually, kind of thinking that the mech and the battleship belonged to Asseylum's father, and that sometime at the point of his death, the two were lost. The UFE found them and tried to use them, but failed.

I've noticed that he's been mention in the supplemental material, but nothing has been said in the show regarding Asseylum's father. I wonder, if that's going to be important for event later on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't know. That's just too easy. I don't think they'll work together until the last episode, if they do at all. It doesn't mean they'll be fighting each others, Slaine could take off solo somehow. I don't think he'll trust them after this.
I don't know, I think if Slaine goes solo, that's either a death sentence or capture for him. He can't stay around forever in that plane, and he doesn't have very strong weapons. Saazbaum is tracing him, and he's going to go in for the kill (or capture) if Slaine is doing nothing of worth. He's only letting Slaine go, to track him back to the princess, without that, the guy would probably have the boy captured and tortured for information on his father's research, before killing him. Slaine, would actually be safer, among the group on the Deucalion.

And, also, we're practically in the second half of this season. The two co-MCs should meet and interact a little more at this point.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-16, 21:51   Link #254
Thess

Quote:
I'm actually, kind of thinking that the mech and the battleship belonged to Asseylum's father, and that sometime at the point of his death, the two were lost. The UFE found them and tried to use them, but failed.

I've noticed that he's been mention in the supplemental material, but nothing has been said in the show regarding Asseylum's father. I wonder, if that's going to be important for event later on?
Oooh. That's a good guess.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-16, 21:59   Link #255
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Oooh. That's a good guess.
Here's another interesting guess. What if Asseylum's dad never actually died, but he's the real one behind all of this? Could he be the one that Asseylum is pointing the gun at?

As evil and smart as Saazbaum is, I'm getting the feeling that he's not the final bad guy here.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-16, 23:28   Link #256
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I'm assuming that Heaven's Fall caused the Earth forces to think that that hidden base was destroyed, hence why it was abandoned. I'm also assuming that they couldn't replicate the Aldnoah power source, so they made KIRF/knockoff Kats and hoped that sheer numbers would be enough to counter the Mars Kats. Boy, were they wrong.
Old 2014-08-17, 04:23   Link #257
NightKnight
Knight of the Night

You know, it's *kinda/really* a long shot, but I'd like to see, sometime later in the anime, Slaine get captured by Saazbaum, only to get saved by Cruhteo, who's FINALLY in the loop. Now that would be fun
Old 2014-08-17, 05:07   Link #258
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
I'm assuming that Heaven's Fall caused the Earth forces to think that that hidden base was destroyed, hence why it was abandoned. I'm also assuming that they couldn't replicate the Aldnoah power source, so they made KIRF/knockoff Kats and hoped that sheer numbers would be enough to counter the Mars Kats. Boy, were they wrong.
I think it's the other way around actually. The base would have been secretly built after heaven's fall specifically to study the martian Kat (which would have been the basis for the Terran Kat which was introduced 4 years after Heaven's Fall) and was eventually abandoned because there was nothing more for them to get out of it. It's not like the place was a strategic location from what I can tell.

What I can't figure out (and I'm sure they'll eventually cover) is if the battleship is wholly Terran built using the Aldnoah core from the martian Kat as well as some reverse engineering of the systems it used. Abandoning that makes a bit less sense, although since the obviously were unable to activate the core, I guess it makes sense to just leave it hidden so that the martians couldn't steal it.
Old 2014-08-17, 07:55   Link #259
Arya

Quote:
It is called, the Deucalion, from Greek mythology.
Oh, interesting. If the name has some significance Inaho's and the crew should be the last hope for Earth, shouldn't they?
How long does it take to go from Mars to Earth in-universe, two months? Because well, so far they, and the whole Earth, dealt only against some spoiled Knights. But when the Mars army fleet will arrive things could become a bit more serious. I mean, the Emperor declared war. So we have to assume that he is deploying his full army to reach soon as possible the Earth and destroy it.
So, no more single 80's-mech-like, but some serious business. The show should level up now that they found the Deucalion.
Unless they, the writers, decided to play the whole thing before the supposed fleet's arrival.

About Asseylum's father, I also thought that he could be behind Saazbaum. IIRC he "died" 15 years before the current time. The question is, why? He would have been the legit heir to the throne, what he would gain from all this mess? Why should he have let Dr. Troyard trying to reverse-engineer/broke the Aldnoah power that actually granted and grants him and his lineage, apparently, the prerogative? In any case I also found quite odd how he just died and nothing else has been said about him.
There also that other speculation about Asseylum actually being bombed back then, so no double died, but her power saved her. That would make her father's death even more suspicious.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-08-17, 18:58   Link #260
MeggieMay

Well I've been wondering about Asseylum dad for quite a while. If nothing else, the show should bring him up in passing just so we can get a bead on how the Knights felt about him and his death. At this point it seems clear that the lead Martians on Earth are not waging this war in his memory, so where does he fit into all of this, anyway? For someone who was once the leader of the Martians, he's kind of forgotten but I'm not writing this show so maybe it just doesn't matter enough to the actual show writers to mention him

Now for a leftfield comment - I just finished looked at todays collection of fan art in the Image thread and have to remark that I have this weird feeling that Asseylum and Slaine are going to become the Luke and Leia of this show I don't think the two of them are as closely related as the the Star Wars pair but I vibe is just coming at me. Plus making Slaine's life miserable seems to be a running theme in this show and it would make sense in that context to go that direction.
Closed Thread