AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-22, 14:40   Link #1161
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I think Earth won't be the focus anymore anyway, but we'll probably see Yuki and Rayet step up to the plate.
Please, Saazbaum is the only best villain on Martian's side and if I'm forced to watched only those cartoony evil Terran-hate Martians shouting how much they are superior to Terran and other craps I'll drop this series in a heartbeats. Unless Saazbaum return of course, (Like Thess always said, I also want to dream ).
Old 2014-09-22, 14:42   Link #1162
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
the problem is no one in earth can defeat super robot with real robot except Inaho

it's like replacing Kouji with Boss
Sure he have good characters but that have nothing to do with fighting "op" enemy
The problem with Inaho was he was that he shined at the expense of making literally everyone around him look incompetent. Because of that its actually hard to Inaho a great strategist when the other characters are made incompetent so that Inaho can win. And that's not even bringing up the story which Inaho has no real connection to. I mean look at Saazbaum, credible threat up until they had him go against Inaho, then he had to be incompetent.

Besides the story isn't going focus on Earth anymore, so he has reason to be a MC anymore.

What made Boss so great, wasn't just that he was a badass who got the job done, but also because you knew that those who he went against were genuinely credible threats. No one was dumbed down just for the purpose of making him look good. It helps that boss has connection to his story.
Old 2014-09-22, 14:53   Link #1163
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Please, Saazbaum is the only best villain on Martian's side and if I'm forced to watched only those cartoony evil Terran-hate Martians shouting how much they are superior to Terran and other craps I'll drop this series in a heartbeats. Unless Saazbaum return of course, (Like Thess always said, I also want to dream ).
They could introduce new characters in the Moonbase. The guy who died and helped Slaine wasn't cartoony evil, but a normal soldier.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-22, 14:57   Link #1164
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But they were abusing the "fake death" thing already. If this is more of that I think it'll just kill the show's credibility. You may as well think these people are immortal, especially the princess. How many times has she died already?

It's fucking ridiculous.
There is no penalty for cliffhanger deaths that are revealed later to be near misses. None. We will still fall for it every time, because we will think, "Okay, this time it definitely has to be real!"

Look at One Piece.
Spoiler for One Piece:

Also, the writing for Aldnoah.Zero is totally contrived anyway. They will choose drama and expediency over plausibility every single time.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-09-22 at 15:08. Reason: added comparison spoiler tag
Old 2014-09-22, 14:59   Link #1165
Thess

Quote:
the problem is no one in earth can defeat super robot with real robot except Inaho

it's like replacing Kouji with Boss
Sure he have good characters but that have nothing to do with fighting "op" enemy
Rayet was the one who disposed of Femieanne in the end and she's supposedly to be great too. Maybe there'll be more team work than some boring "solo" battle which is just ridiculous and kills the suspense and tension.

Quote:
Well, as of the end of this, Slaine really has no allies since all those he met on Saazbaum's castle are dead or POW. I don't think he's going to join any of the other knights, since I doubt any of them are as enlightened as Saazbaum in regards to Terrans. He might go to the moon though. That's not far, and it does have Saazbaum's allies there. He might make it his own base?

And yes, he might just bury the princess at sea, under her blue sky and in her blue ocean. I mean, remember all those scenes of her laying in water in the OP and ED? It might have been foreshadowing. Maybe he gives her an "Aerith burial"?
That was when he was a Terran... now he has Aldnoah blessing, he shouldn't even be considered a Terran for Martian society, but an 'ascended human being of another species'. They see Aldnoah as something religious for most part, that Slaine is 'chosen' by Aldnoah, bringing them the body of the princess, will be taken by some kind of ridiculous omen. Mark my words something like this will happen. If Slaine wasn't in the Tharsis, didn't have the body of the princess or didn't have Aldnoah, you'll be right, but now he's in an exclusive club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Look at One Piece.
Spoiler for One Piece:
One Piece is a shounen manga. A.Z. is a late night show.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by LKK; 2014-09-22 at 15:10.
Old 2014-09-22, 15:01   Link #1166
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
The problem with Inaho was he was that he shined at the expense of making literally everyone around him look incompetent. Because of that its actually hard to Inaho a great strategist when the other characters are made incompetent so that Inaho can win. And that's not even bringing up the story which Inaho has no real connection to. I mean look at Saazbaum, credible threat up until they had him go against Inaho, then he had to be incompetent.

Besides the story isn't going focus on Earth anymore, so he has reason to be a MC anymore.

What made Boss so great, wasn't just that he was a badass who got the job done, but also because you knew that those who he went against were genuinely credible threats. No one was dumbed down just for the purpose of making him look good. It helps that boss has connection to his story.
first about boss, like I said, his characters is great

but like everyone else in earth you can't have him fight general of darkness without everyone being slaughter left and right

Quote:
Rayet was the one who disposed of Femieanne in the end and she's supposedly to be great too. Maybe there'll be more team work than some boring "solo" battle which is just ridiculous and kills the suspense and tension.
yeah, Rayet is strong, but still can't defeat any knight at full power without any info.

she need to be a lot stronger in s2 but Inaho half death could be strong motive for her to become a lot stronger

edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Precisely, his ability to win battles is on par of Slaine's ability to dodge bullets.
are we talking about Inaho?
because he win every battle he fight like Slaine getting shot every time...
I guess you right
Old 2014-09-22, 15:04   Link #1167
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
One Piece is a shounen manga. A.Z. is a late night show.

The principle is the same. More importantly, arguing that Inaho and Asseylum must be dead or else it would be contrived is a terrible argument because the writing is clearly very contrived already. If anything, it being very contrived makes it more likely!
Old 2014-09-22, 15:07   Link #1168
Thess

Quote:
Exactly, when are people aren't going to learn. Inaho's not a supergenius at all, the plot makes people idiots so he can win his battles and show off. Anyone can take that role even Calm. When Inaho faced against someone with the same plot armor in another situation, he was killed. Slaine's plot armor was "everyone who tries to shoot me outside the robot, loses or misses somehow". Look at all the scenes people try to shoot him down and they have stormtrooper efficiency level while they can hit other targets . I like Slaine and I openly admit this.

Quote:
are we talking about Inaho?
because he win every battle he fight like Slaine getting shot every time...
I guess you right
See above. He's not smart, people suddenly become idiots when he has to fight. Just like people suddenly miss Slaine when he's on foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
The principle is the same. More importantly, arguing that Inaho and Asseylum must be dead or else it would be contrived is a terrible argument because the writing is clearly very contrived already. If anything, it being very contrived makes it more likely!
Look, the people involve in this anime are known for their bloodthirst and no, it's not Gen Urobuchi. He's more moderate. You can't compare a shounen manga to that.

Old 2014-09-22, 15:13   Link #1169
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Slaine's plot armor was "everyone who tries to shoot me outside the robot, loses or misses somehow". Look at all the scenes people try to shoot him down and they have stormtrooper efficiency level while they can hit other targets . I like Slaine and I openly admit this.
This is true. No bullet can touch Slane outside a robot. The bullets dodge him.
Old 2014-09-22, 15:16   Link #1170
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Exactly, when are people aren't going to learn. Inaho's not a supergenius at all, the plot makes people idiots so he can win his battles and show off. Anyone can take that role even Calm. When Inaho faced against someone with the same plot armor in another situation, he was killed. Slaine's plot armor was "everyone who tries to shoot me outside the robot, loses or misses somehow". Look at all the scenes people try to shoot him down and they have stormtrooper efficiency level while they can hit other targets . I like Slaine and I openly admit this.

See above. He's not smart, people suddenly become idiots when he has to fight. Just like people suddenly misses Slaine when he's on foot.
Ya know, it will be weird to see Rayet/anyone to suddenly able to come up with all sorts of counter-measurement on the fly like Inaho when she can't in the first season.

I wanted to see more team-base tactic with inputs from everyone and not just one person alone, as long as the real robot vs. super robot element is kept I could cared less who's the protagonist. I never have any attachments to any characters in the first place.

Quote:
Rayet was the one who followed his battle strategy in episode 4 and was out there already with boat as if she knew what he was going to do. She's also the one who is leagues above Inko in the simulator and she only lost it when her trauma Kat appeared in front of her. She's the daughter of a terrorist, it makes sense she has a special training that none of the other children have, you know?
Captain obvious aren't you?
Of course she will have training and all that craps but I don't think she will be to the extent of Inaho in term of making plans and piloting skill. Well at least Inaho show them how to fight the Martain's Kats, I can't wait for the Tripe Girl Tag-Team (Inko, Yuki and Rayet) matches with the Martians.

Wait I forget Marito, you think he gonna be any useful in season 2?

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-09-22 at 15:29.
Old 2014-09-22, 15:18   Link #1171
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
This is true. No bullet can touch Slane outside a robot. The bullets dodge him.
It's pretty funny actually. Also inside the skycarrier, they just shoot his wing all the time. I imagine the what if OP Asseylum scene happens, she'll accidentally miss and kill Inaho, Yuki, Inko, Rayet and whoever is around him while Slaine remains unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Ya know, it will be weird to see Rayet/anyone to suddenly able to come up with all sorts of counter-measurement on the fly like Inaho when she can't in the first season.

I wanted to see more team-base tactic with inputs from everyone and not just one person alone, as long as the real robot vs. super robot element is kept I could cared less who's the protagonist. I never have any attachments to any characters in the first place.
Rayet was the one who followed his battle strategy in episode 4 and was out there already with boat as if she knew what he was going to do. She's also the one who is leagues above Inko in the simulator and she only lost it when her trauma Kat appeared in front of her. She's the daughter of a terrorist, it makes sense she has a special training that none of the other children have, you know? And with a convenient timeskip, you have her motivated. She held off one of the pieces of Dioscuria too (harder to do than facing one with the pilot you can injure and have upper hand). But a team of Inko, Rayet and Yuki (with maybe grow up Eddelrittuo if two years pass) would be great, imo.

Anyway, the Martians are territorial, it's unlikely they go to disturb the Terrans in Russia because they wouldn't abandon the land they claimed. Like typical feudal lords.

Last edited by Thess; 2014-09-22 at 15:29.
Old 2014-09-22, 15:29   Link #1172
wisteria233

Quote:
It's pretty funny actually. Also inside the skycarrier, they just shoot his wing all the time. I imagine the what if OP Asseylum scene happens, she'll accidentally miss and kill Inaho, Yuki, Inko, Rayet and whoever is around him while Slaine remains unscathed.
Yeah that's true, during the last episode I was just staring and wondering how he hadn't gotten shot by a stray bullet, but the Martian helping him went down.
Old 2014-09-22, 15:30   Link #1173
Thess

Quote:
Yeah that's true, during the last episode I was just staring and wondering how he hadn't gotten shot by a stray bullet, but the Martian helping him went down.
Then that scene when he just walks into the Tharsis while the Terran troops open fire and miss the whole time while he's calmly taking his time. Maybe Inaho wanted to shoot first but he didn't know the plot armor goes to Slaine outside the robot.

For all his suffering, all he had was a brutal torture that was played as blatant fanservice that did not have a lasting scratch on his skin when he should have at least whiplines. Beauty never marred, I guess.

Old 2014-09-22, 15:33   Link #1174
Irenesharda

Quote:
Then that scene when he just walks into the Tharsis while the Terran troops open fire and miss the whole time while he's calmly taking his time. Maybe Inaho wanted to shoot first but he didn't know the plot armor goes to Slaine outside the robot.
Inaho didn't even pull the trigger at all, not even as an automatic response. He knew it would have simply went around Bat.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-22, 15:35   Link #1175
Thess

Quote:
Inaho didn't even pull the trigger at all, not even as an automatic response. He knew it would have simply went around Bat.
You never know, because of Slaine's bullet immunity he had his weapon jammed.

Old 2014-09-22, 20:22   Link #1176
zerozeronine

Quote:
Main story did change, though. The characters changed, so did the story and the next half will explore something different. Changing the story is the easiest part too (they wanted to do some real alien invasion first, for crying it aloud), most difficult is to change the animation which btw, hasn't started yet.

About Inaho's eye. Let us see:

His eye is fine, he just have the same bloodstreak from before (so is his cheek and all the side of that face if it was a grazing shot, those would be bloodied and they aren't). His hood behind his head is filled with blood, now from where did that come from?

Now, he could survive but I doubt he'll recover from that easily, like he could be in a coma, but again I doubt it. I think they changed this scene to make Slaine grow up and take a life calmly, if Inaho didn't die, it would undo the development.

nope he's left eye was too bloody.
Changing the story is not that easy you know,it still have to go to approvals by whoever is in charge,editing,storyboarding,edting before animating.They probably went with the initial draft and just added bits and pieces for added drama
Old 2014-09-22, 21:32   Link #1177
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Changing the story is not that easy you know,it still have to go to approvals by whoever is in charge,editing,storyboarding,edting before animating.They probably went with the initial draft and just added bits and pieces for added drama
Go and check episode 12 thread for the complete quote and Gen's other interview, they changed everything, including the character's characterization. Gen's 'draft' was three lines.

Old 2014-09-22, 21:32   Link #1178
MeggieMay

Quote:
I'm taking Gen's comments with a grain of salt, especially with that line about "why do fans always blame the deaths of characters on me?", some of that has to be joking cheeky humor.
Except Gen's been trying to distance himself from Aldnoah.Zero for months! I've been reading these interviews transcribed on twitter since at least Otakon, if not AX Urobuchi also doesn't have a history of distancing himself to this extent (if at all) in the past from projects he's co-worked on, so something has happened here that Urobuchi isn't happy about. Now, I'm not sure if the motive is negative or positive here. Gen didn't intend to be credited as the main writer of this show and has always stated he wrote the first three episodes and nothing more. Originally, I felt he was doing this to try to get viewers to give credit where credit was due in a positive manner to his co-writers/creators but it's been in vain. After this last round of trying to tell people he's not the person currently behind the show, I'm thinking he has had some sort of falling out with the others that he wasn't going to say anything about but it's becoming too much to handle with everyone giving him credit for a show he only worked on for three episodes.

Thing is, everything I've read about what he intended/was thinking about for his version of Aldnoah makes me think that the final versions of the lead male characters, at least, were not even close to what we got in the show. Gen's commented earlier that Inaho wasn't close to the character he originally wrote. His version was nixed by the other writers early on and I got the feeling Gen was as baffled by Inaho's lack of emotions as many viewers seemed to be. As for Slaine, if that new comment on how he would have ended the first part of the show is accurate, then Slaine would have had to have been written as a much stronger character IMO that what we got in the actual series . We just don't know exactly what Gen was originally thinking about when he wrote the series and he's probably keeping most of it to himself to use in a future series if he's a good writer. Still, if Inaho wasn't close to his original vision, then I would surmises that even the first three episodes weren't exactly what he was intending to do with this series.

Anyway, I know I've been tired of hearing how "Urobucher" has been writing this and that on this show when it was always stated he wrote the first three episodes of this and left the show. Even then it wasn't clear if he wrote the scripts or just the outlines and part of the scripts. Either way, the bulk of Aldnoah.zero isn't his and he hasn't ever claimed it was. Lots of shows have high body counts and this isn't the first TV show I've seen use this type of ending/cliffhanger (it's been a while though - was amusing to see someone drag it back out to use here when I'm not sure this show really needed to use it ). I feel some sympathy here for Gen as well - he's being credited and derided for a situation he has clearly stated over and over again he wasn't involved in after the first 90 minutes of. It's not his show and he can't fix it. It also kind of sounds like he wasn't too happy about something early on in the production and he moved on because of it and now he's getting a "no good deed goes unpunished" response to add salt to the wound . It's just sad things went this way with this show.

So I'd suggest those who like the show figure out who is really in charge on it and shift your attention to them. That person deserves the credit and/or blame and if it's credit you want to give them, they are probably feeling pretty bad that all the attention is going to someone who left the show nine episodes ago.
Old 2014-09-23, 00:10   Link #1179
lubczyk

Talking

It's going to amazing when the Princess will be saying "Inaho! Inaho!" in her sleep/coma with Slaine within earshot.
Old 2014-09-23, 03:14   Link #1180
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
His left eye is bloody from the gash he had at his eyebrow that was blocking his eyesight out of his left eye to begin with. He has had all that blood there since Asseylum found him.

And did I just notice, but was Inaho left-handed this entire time? He raises his gun with his left hand, and he wears the holster on his left leg, maybe I just never noticed it before.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread