AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-10-05, 05:43   Link #12821
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

The 76 is generally the gun of choice for competitive play in the M4.

Me though, I run the 105 because it's fun shoving explosions into people's faces. It does require some experience in the handling of derp guns such as those, but if you can manage it, it can be quite effective in dealing damage.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 08:07   Link #12822
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Yeah that penalty of leaving early really kills it for me because i leave my games often. When the deployment is horrible because of all the reds on our team i will leave after a few minutes. I leave about 30% of my games on solo and when i plat with Zhao_zilong,we leave about 25% of our games early. It is just a total waste of time and lately we don't have much time to play tonks.
Sounds like the penalty isn't harsh enough yet.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 08:30   Link #12823
Gravitas Free Zone

I got the first Mark of Excellence for the T95 last night, which says pretty horrible things about the rest of the player base if my average damage ratios in it are actually better than 65% of other people in the last two weeks.

One minor bright spot from the game where the award was given out: Having a Tiger II drive perfectly broadside to me and one-shot ammo racking it from 100%. Take it where you can get it...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 12:01   Link #12824
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I got the first Mark of Excellence for the T95 last night, which says pretty horrible things about the rest of the player base if my average damage ratios in it are actually better than 65% of other people in the last two weeks.
In my 12t, I once drove straight into enemy tanks and died in the first minute without even managing to shoot a single shot. I got a Mastery Badge: 3rd Class for it.
Old 2014-10-05, 16:49   Link #12825
Gravitas Free Zone

And in other Participation Award news, I just earned a fifth Battle Buddy ribbon, for not damaging teammates in at least 50 consecutive games.

Thing is, I should have 251 consecutive games without any team damage. The ONE point of team damage that I've done in all those games was due to, again, ONE point of damage that occurred while someone was pushing my T95.

Also, regarding leaving fail games early: While the T95 makes me want to, I have never voluntarily left a game early in 23382 games. I figure I can at least get some XP for a final suicidal ram if it comes down to it (maybe not so much in some vehicles), but mostly because even in really stupid bottom-tier 4-tier-spread scout games, I always try to do something.
Old 2014-10-06, 21:35   Link #12826
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

SO I've been playing Tank Rally. After 10 wins I think I'm getting the hang of it, but man, there are a lot of crap drivers out there.

I am uncertain as to whether I really want to put the effort into grinding another 40 wins this week, because honestly, I'm not really feeling much fun. -_-;

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 00:39   Link #12827
Gravitas Free Zone

I think, in the order of gag events, I liked Football and Karl better than Tank Rally, in that order. Both of those were nice simple diversions (though football had some nuance). Tank Rally feels like it just manages to cross the line of something that requires significant concentrated effort.

Also, I managed to win one Football game with a bot and an idler on my team, which doesn't seem like it would be possible in racing...

Still, I might have given Tank Rally more of a chance if I wasn't currently intensely focused on the T110E3 On-Track. Battering through a few races suggested to me that it would take too much bother to finish 50 wins when just doing 14000 XP per day in the T95 was a teeth-gnashing annoyance.

Secondary minor rant: The other vehicle that I'm grinding is the T40, for a fresh replacement crew. In this I've found in the last week that for whatever reason, all of the T1 Heavy Tank users that I've recently encountered are horrible. And I can't figure out why.
Old 2014-10-07, 01:52   Link #12828
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Thing is tank rally is okay.... for a bit. But not something that I really want to keep doing.

I figure another ten or so races and I'll have second skills for my Chaffee crew, at which point I'll take them out from the Chaffee Sport and toss them into my Sherman.

That said, tank rally feels like something outta GuP, lol.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 08:23   Link #12829
VDZ

Quote:
Also, I managed to win one Football game with a bot and an idler on my team, which doesn't seem like it would be possible in racing...
It was most definitely possible in racing before people started shooting gold, and I've done it multiple times. However, as I've explained before, gold completely ruins the balance (I'm pretty sure the game wasn't designed with gold ammo in mind).

It's a lot of fun if people aren't shooting gold, but whenever I hop into my M24 Sport nowadays it doesn't take long for me to lose all enthusiasm again after being riddled full of holes despite being way ahead of the enemy, knowing that even if I get to the finish with a huge lead I'll still be toast because of their magical ammo.
Old 2014-10-07, 10:06   Link #12830
Gravitas Free Zone

This is quite a ricochet.
Old 2014-10-07, 12:26   Link #12831
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

RNGesus smiled to me last night.

8 shots fires, 1 missed, over 3000 damage.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Strigon 13; 2014-10-07 at 13:01.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 10:40   Link #12832
Newhope

Tank rally is too influenced by gold ammo ETC to be fun unfortunately.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 22:36   Link #12833
Gravitas Free Zone

Somewhere out there is a probably very-ticked-off Bulldog driver who died because they were scouting on Steppes, drove out to the one obvious bush in the mid-northeast, and disappeared from the map.

So I blind-fired a single shot into the bushes and got a kill notification about five seconds later... 155mm into the fuel tank.

I've used those bushes before, but I wouldn't do it without Sixth Sense, and if Sixth Sense goes off when I'm driving to or in a very obvious hiding place, I'd get the hell out. The Monty Python sketch about not being seen comes to mind.
Old 2014-10-10, 17:03   Link #12834
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well. aside from this weekend having enough red teams to make salsa, I've finally unlocked the E-75. Now there's the enourmous grind to make the money needed to buy it.

Also, something that happened yesterday:

Roaming Tiger

Spoiler for Over 4000 damage:

Nothing too relevant, but the battle played perfectly even if we had more reds. The End was me alone against the T28. But I had already weakened him enough in the middle of the match. I used too much gold ammo for my tastes.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 17:42   Link #12835
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Somewhere out there is a probably very-ticked-off Bulldog driver who died because they were scouting on Steppes, drove out to the one obvious bush in the mid-northeast, and disappeared from the map.

So I blind-fired a single shot into the bushes and got a kill notification about five seconds later... 155mm into the fuel tank.

I've used those bushes before, but I wouldn't do it without Sixth Sense, and if Sixth Sense goes off when I'm driving to or in a very obvious hiding place, I'd get the hell out. The Monty Python sketch about not being seen comes to mind.
I've shot at some typical sniper areas right next to rocks on the sides of the El Halluf ravine. It's extra hilarious when you do it with a TD like the 183. I even got called a hacker once, which is the best compliment you can even get from a pubbie.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 04:09   Link #12836
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Fury, Brand American Tier 8 Premium Medium Tanks is basically an Easy Eight. I haven`t bought it yet.

I just got the Easy Eight fully upgraded today. I really find my games easy with it
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 22:12   Link #12837
Gravitas Free Zone

Finished the On-Track to the T110E3 by... unlocking and buying the T110E3. The T95 grind was certainly challenging (and about as ruinous to my WR as the scout grind in preparation for 9.3... but my performance numbers in the 95 did tick up in the end).

Decided to take a highly-arguable approach to equipping the E3 by using a rammer/vents/spall liner combo. (This contrasts with rammer/vents/EGLD on the T95.) Reasoning being that the T95's mobility problem is only compounded by the weight of the liner, while the E3 has some maneuverability to spare, and that the T95 is undone by people with good aim and premium ammo, versus the E3 being ridiculous up front and more likely to have random HE shot at it. (I know I did that while driving the T95, since HE splash against the cupola would do some damage through the roof, while APCR against the cupola would more often than not bounce off into space.)

We'll see how that goes. Still, in the first game with it (Highway), I was giggling maniacally as I spearheaded a rush down the 0-line street and the enemy arty was only shaving off little bits of damage. Not to mention having a T30 shoot 155 at me and bounce, which has nothing to do with the liner and everything to do with the huge macrocephalic mantlet on the thing, but still was refreshing after having the 95 get shot up by seemingly-minor guns firing APCR through the casemate cheeks.

I also finished the Total Destruction and Damage Inc. missions. Total Destruction freaked me out a little because I finished the 25 completions required and... nothing happened. I prepared to send a support ticket, but overnight the game awarded the two garage slots and the lump of XP.
Old 2014-10-12, 06:36   Link #12838
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
(I know I did that while driving the T95, since HE splash against the cupola would do some damage through the roof, while APCR against the cupola would more often than not bounce off into space.)
The cupola isn't really much of a weak spot on the E3. It's a misleading decoy most of the time. The right side of the roof, on the other hand, is where you should be hitting.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 12:42   Link #12839
Gravitas Free Zone

That spot can be tricky to hit if the E3 is wiggling, but yeah, the cupola is more bait than a weak spot.

That said, it's interesting how the FTR notes about chats with Storm (the new balance guy, eeeeeeh), continue the trend of WG wanting to (but usually backing away from) roll back the accuracy buff, which they seem to have grumbled about ever since they did it in the first place.

Speaking of accuracy...

We won this game, I was about to finish off the enemy T95...

Images
But then our arty that liked to "help" by FIRING INTO MELEES decided to shoot again.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-10-12 at 12:55.
Old 2014-10-12, 21:31   Link #12840
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Sounds like the penalty isn't harsh enough yet.
It doesn't matter anymore since we just yolo suicide when we want to leave failed games early now. Same results. If you add up 10 failed games that could have wasted ~120mins... i could play a few more games where i have a better chance of winning.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks