AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-18, 13:55   Link #161
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

I think the last time I laughed that much was during the Endless 8 incidents.
seriously, this is GENIUS !
Spoiler for NSFW?:

BRAVO 0verflow, BRAVO. taking the trolling to another level. this is magnificent !
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 19:35   Link #162
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I had a good laugh when Makoto got beat up by the girly boy.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 09:21   Link #163
Rias

If you want to know who you can go for in this game...
Spoiler for characters with ero-scene:
Old 2010-03-19, 09:50   Link #164
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm assuming for the girls roster it's 40% with h-scenes, 40% with none and 20% uncertain.
And for the boys... 80% with h-scenes!

Okay, now I know why it's called Cross Days... o.o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 10:51   Link #165
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Spoilers to actually care what is going on in the game:

Spoiler for Big Spoiler:

Last edited by MaiNoKen; 2010-03-19 at 11:21.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 11:55   Link #166
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Wow... you have GOT to be kidding me. NANJYA KORYAAA!

So many delays so many hopes... so much BL... ****...

I thought it was all a bad joke.. but seriously?

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 12:19   Link #167
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
If you want to know who you can go for in this game...
Spoiler for characters with ero-scene:
What does the triangle mean?
Old 2010-03-19, 12:23   Link #168
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

so what is 2ch/2chan reaction to being troll overflow?
Old 2010-03-19, 13:32   Link #169
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiNoKen View Post
Spoilers to actually care what is going on in the game:

Spoiler for Big Spoiler:
beating up girls... the pinnacle of manliness.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 13:34   Link #170
Dr. Casey

Hmm... I'm okay with some BL, but 70% of the game sounds a bit much... and at the expense of Setsuna or Otome routes?

Oh well. It's still part of the School Days series, and as such has my complete unconditional approval.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 13:39   Link #171
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol read the news at Sankaku , Good BL
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 13:56   Link #172
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Hmm... I'm okay with some BL, but 70% of the game sounds a bit much... and at the expense of Setsuna or Otome routes?
I don't think it is that much, but I am still exploring the game.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-19, 13:59   Link #173
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so what is 2ch/2chan reaction to being troll overflow?
From the one or two threads that I have followed, the reaction is rather poor. Most people are rather appalled at the amount of BL to the point of renaming the game CrossGays.

A lot of people are glad they heard the news and canceled in advance. I have yet to find a single positive comment.

Old 2010-03-19, 14:09   Link #174
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
From the one or two threads that I have followed, the reaction is rather poor. Most people are rather appalled at the amount of BL to the point of renaming the game CrossGays.

A lot of people are glad they heard the news and canceled in advance. I have yet to find a single positive comment.
I think people who will actually post in 2chan are probably a very specific type of player type - male straight geek otakus/fanboys. Anyway, I myself was shocked of having BL content, but when I actually play the game, I can easily avoid it. And otherwise the game is pretty good.

One thing I tend to take 2chan opinion quite lowly -- BS there are even worse than some MMO forums I used to access, and I am used to over-reaction and pretend-to-be angry rants. Anyway, as far as 0verflow managed to pull a shocker, oh yeah they did.
Old 2010-03-19, 14:32   Link #175
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Normally I wouldn't agree with you, but in the case of this topic I do. We should really take their comments with a grain of salt. Maybe they're closet homosexuals? .

In any case, this really does seem to be a ridiculously dumb move. They never even tried to market to the fujoshi either...

Old 2010-03-19, 14:48   Link #176
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
They never even tried to market to the fujoshi either...
Historically, Fujoshi/BL/Yaoi H-games does not do very well. Alicesoft used to have a brand name for that, and it failed. In Alicesoft case, I think they did try to market intentionally rather just let a shocker out in the air. While I am not into Fujoshi/BL/Yaoi, but I do think Fujoshi/BL/Yaoi does indeed getting more somewhat more mainstream than in the past.

Both 0verflow and Alicesoft share the similarity that they have a reputation of being making games in unorthodox manners, even 9 out of 10 other people do pretty-much-the-same-old-way. It also happens that (with the exception of BL/Fujoshi/Yaoi) Alicesoft and 0verflow are also much much successful than companies make similar games.

I tend to hold the opinion that I want to see a game that is unique yet it works and is interesting, and not simply recycling an old concept. Off topic, recently Sid Meir's team say they are going to make Civ 5, the Civ series is already so good, and I am somewhat doubtful that new tricks can be implemented.
Old 2010-03-19, 15:29   Link #177
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Historically, Fujoshi/BL/Yaoi H-games does not do very well. Alicesoft used to have a brand name for that, and it failed. In Alicesoft case, I think they did try to market intentionally rather just let a shocker out in the air. While I am not into Fujoshi/BL/Yaoi, but I do think Fujoshi/BL/Yaoi does indeed getting more somewhat more mainstream than in the past.

Both 0verflow and Alicesoft share the similarity that they have a reputation of being making games in unorthodox manners, even 9 out of 10 other people do pretty-much-the-same-old-way. It also happens that (with the exception of BL/Fujoshi/Yaoi) Alicesoft and 0verflow are also much much successful than companies make similar games.

I tend to hold the opinion that I want to see a game that is unique yet it works and is interesting, and not simply recycling an old concept. Off topic, recently Sid Meir's team say they are going to make Civ 5, the Civ series is already so good, and I am somewhat doubtful that new tricks can be implemented.
I hope this game bombs and Overflow falls into the pits of bankruptcy...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 16:25   Link #178
Nosauz

Quote:

I wouldn't group alicesoft with overflow considering alice soft has many more franchies, like Rance, Tenshi Toushin, Daikuji, etc whereas overflow has school days as it's sole franchise.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 17:03   Link #179
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I hope this game bombs and Overflow falls into the pits of bankruptcy...
They were able to survive Summer Days, Cross Gays is nothing.
Old 2010-03-19, 17:23   Link #180
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
I wouldn't group alicesoft with overflow considering alice soft has many more franchies, like Rance, Tenshi Toushin, Daikuji, etc whereas overflow has school days as it's sole franchise.
I am mostly referring the context of doing things somewhat differently than your stereotypical copying/recycling-other-people idea in designing stuff. But yes I agree Alicesoft has much more franchises.
Quote:
They were able to survive Summer Days, Cross Gays is nothing.
I think they will do okay as well. People who posts in these forums or in 2chan game/anime threads is a small fraction of fans out there, and tend to very "profileable" -- so it is hard to sample how bad/good the game does unless there is a number being released. It is almost like those Google/CNN polls for a favorite president -- internet users will who even bother to answer such polls are more likely already biased.

Trust me, if a Yaoi fan will ever post in this thread, you will know it. While I am not a Yaoi fan, I think the statement the game is targeted only on Yaoi fans are incorrect. I think it is a rare oddity that a Yaoi+Bishoujou (both) game have ever been this high profile.