AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-12, 10:31   Link #6021
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And I've got 8 days I have to survive on less that 5gb and with other people using bandiwdth in the house...Gonna be glad when my quota goes up an extra 20gb at no cost...Patches over the last 2 months have been driving me insane...do they honestly expect normal people to be able to handle beta and live with the amount they expect one to download?
Old 2010-10-12, 17:21   Link #6022
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Two patches. First to 4.0.0, then a second to 4.0.1. 4.0.1 patch is an additional 1.4 gigs, hope many of you guys already have all the background downloader stuff.
So many Gigabites going to waste before the expansion is even released
Old 2010-10-12, 17:40   Link #6023
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So I am having some trouble with this patch as the downloader went and worked fine, but when it got to the "updater"[which I've never used before] it stops at some point telling I don't have enough disk space when I have 4.26 GB free AFTER my wow folder already increased from 16.6 GB to 21.5 G from the downloader, so can someone please explain to me the problem here, or does blizzard really expect people to have over 10 GB free just for a wow patch without an expansion?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 17:46   Link #6024
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
So I am having some trouble with this patch as the downloader went and worked fine, but when it got to the "updater"[which I've never used before] it stops at some point telling I don't have enough disk space when I have 4.26 GB free AFTER my wow folder already increased from 16.6 GB to 21.5 G from the downloader, so can someone please explain to me the problem here, or does blizzard really expect people to have over 10 GB free just for a wow patch without an expansion?
They actually want people to have over 10 GB before even getting 1 expansion, since WoW is indeed a large-time consuming game. They feel that players should have advanced computers with lots of disk-space to provide for it.
Old 2010-10-12, 17:46   Link #6025
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is basically the expansion...or at least the bones of the expansion. All the class changes, new math, and graphical changes. The rest of the expansion is the land being changed and the new quests, quest givers and such. Most of which I suspect will be downloaded rather than be on the disk or whatever.
Old 2010-10-12, 17:50   Link #6026
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There is also counting the fact, that if you dont have a good computer with plenty of space for when Cataclysm does arrive... Then you wont be able to play it at all.. My computer (which I had for 5 years and its still going strong...) is barely able to handle all the things in Cataclysm
Old 2010-10-12, 18:15   Link #6027
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
There is also counting the fact, that if you dont have a good computer with plenty of space for when Cataclysm does arrive... Then you wont be able to play it at all.. My computer (which I had for 5 years and its still going strong...) is barely able to handle all the things in Cataclysm
^5, my laptop just turned 6 last month and handles cata well (obviously with everything on absolute minimum setting ). I super abuse it and still runs well (usually it gets to sleep once every 3 weeks), and when patches come I just let it download overnight or when I'm in class.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 18:18   Link #6028
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
^5, my laptop just turned 6 last month and handles cata well (obviously with everything on absolute minimum setting ). I super abuse it and still runs well (usually it gets to sleep once every 3 weeks), and when patches come I just let it download overnight or when I'm in class.
Oh you have yours on minimum setting I should probably set mine to that as well. The only time my computer gets sleep, is if I'm asleep, or when I'm at school. (Also when I'm at practice) your lucky on the patches I have to run on the family connection ever since lightning struck down my computer's modem, since my family loves to use computers around here, there is going to be an issue on downloading things online without getting them angry..
Old 2010-10-12, 18:19   Link #6029
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And it is definately patch day........

"Soon"
Old 2010-10-12, 18:26   Link #6030
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And it is definately patch day........

"Soon"
Indeed, I'm waiting quite impatiently, almost bored enough to start reading OreImo novel again.

I NEED TO FIX MY UNIT FRAME~~ Shadowed UF's author said he's not going to update it anymore. I gave up looking for a new UF until I actually can log on and see what other mods are broken.

It's been like almost 17 hours down time now? I can imagine WoW addicts are probably hugging themselves in a corner sobbing while scratching their hairs out.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 18:28   Link #6031
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
It's been like almost 17 hours down time now? I can imagine WoW addicts are probably hugging themselves in a corner sobbing while scratching their hairs out.
Its Blizzard's usual process of telling people to chill out from the game for a bit.. But it always ends badly
Old 2010-10-12, 18:29   Link #6032
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I decided to download the uprated addons I've been using since there were available on MMO Champion (since they are with Curse now anyway). Might as well be ready as if nothing happened the next time my warlock wakes up in Stormwind (expect the water will look different. Too bad the Xfire ingame pictures tweaked on me yesterday, I was going to do a before and after set at the Stormwind Canals near sunset.
Old 2010-10-12, 18:40   Link #6033
GDB

Quote:
Might as well be ready as if nothing happened the next time my warlock wakes up in Stormwind (except the water will look different)
This makes it sound like your Warlock is a stoner and just had a REALLY bad trip.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 18:44   Link #6034
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well he did drive off the tall tower in Dalaran on his bike and landed unharmed down in the crystal forest (transformed into a helper gnome that first winter). Though that was when bikes were counted as vehicles and you took no fall damage from stunting with them. (Had fun with that in the minefield near K3 since the bike took a bunch of the damage instead of me, thus stunted around on the bike until I got that 10 blast or whatever it was achievment.)
Old 2010-10-12, 19:16   Link #6035
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Well he did drive off the tall tower in Dalaran on his bike and landed unharmed down in the crystal forest (transformed into a helper gnome that first winter). Though that was when bikes were counted as vehicles and you took no fall damage from stunting with them. (Had fun with that in the minefield near K3 since the bike took a bunch of the damage instead of me, thus stunted around on the bike until I got that 10 blast or whatever it was achievment.)
Why did Blizzard have to change that fact I really liked jumping off Dalaran on my mammoth, then remaining unharmed..
Old 2010-10-12, 19:25   Link #6036
Xacual

Yeah I'm kind of curious how my computer will handle it or will I have to turn even more settings down. Well as long as I can keep draw distance at max I don't mind too much.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:44   Link #6037
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I feel sorry (rrrrriiiiight) for the people that have like 50 characters they are going to have to respec and relearn this week. I only have five so it shouldn't be all that hard.
Old 2010-10-12, 19:52   Link #6038
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

More sad news The sunflower will make alot of people expecting "Zombie on your Lawn" song will not get it

Old 2010-10-12, 19:52   Link #6039
Xacual

It's not too bad, I still have some characters that haven't been specced since WotLK came out because I don't play them and they are on other servers. (Characters like my first 60, stuff like that)

The funniest part of that video was definitely his commentary.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:56   Link #6040
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it does sing a little (and it has a more sunflower looking model now).

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows