AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-17, 16:22   Link #3341
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Having some exercise is always nice, no?
And have you take a peek at Theresia's twits yet? She has been leaking info on the PSP version.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:07   Link #3342
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Having some exercise is always nice, no?
And have you take a peek at Theresia's twits yet? She has been leaking info on the PSP version.
Who's Theresia?
Old 2012-03-18, 21:49   Link #3344
velocity7

WHITE ALBUM2 Original Soundtrack has been announced:
http://leaf.aquaplus.jp/product/wa2cc/special_ost.html

There will be three OSTs; two of them cover introductory and closing chapter respectively. The third OST, however, involves a vote on the top 4-5 songs from this list:
http://app.aquaplus.jp/vote/wa2ost_setsuna/
Old 2012-03-18, 22:21   Link #3345
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Any WA music is always welcome.

I can't believe To Heart is dominating that poll though...
Old 2012-03-19, 12:45   Link #3346
velocity7

My vote is on キミガタメ, though.
Old 2012-03-19, 12:48   Link #3347
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

After my sadly unsatisfying experiences with Corona and DamaMuko (and after spending some time recovering from them ), I figured I'd try a more serious looking title among the newly released ones that had caught my eye - Shinigami no Testament. Being the fan of fantasy that I am, a darker one if fine too.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I have only finished one route thus far, and while not quite as gripping as I hoped it would be, it was a reasonably satisfying experience all around. Though I won't discount the possibility of it still reaching new heights - the potential seems to be there and I have 4 more routes to go through after all, and most importantly - the "True End" route that can be unlocked after completing the five original ones. This being the case, I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's the "true route" that got the lion's share of the writer's love, as tends to be the case.

The production values are on the high side here (Though still no voiced male lead ... I guess we won't experience another Eustia in this regard anytime soon, sadly), both art and music wise, and I found myself quite fond of the frequent camera panning the title employs. It was a bit weird having the focus move across the screen at first, but I quickly got used to it, and applied at the right time it can quite enhance the mood, like action or chase scenes - like when someone is chasing the male lead, and the camera actually pans around as he is looking over his shoulder to catch a glimpse of his pursuer. Pretty good.

If there is one thing that dampened my spirits though, it would have to be Rui - our residential male lead. I suppose he wasn't anything too bad, but far from impressive or innovative either - built from the same generic protagonist mold where the lot of them originate from.

Irritatingly simplistic black & white worldview, emotional sensitivity and mood-reading ability of a rock (when it doesn't come to feeling sorry about himself anyway), loss of brain function when something concerning romance crops up, insistence of "helping" during a fight when he only gets in the way bigtime, not failing to be opinionated about things he barely understands - you know, the usual lot that we have come to love and adore

Luckily for him this is a dark fantasy title though, so at least the plot is there to forcibly nudge him along, so at least he isn't allowed to be indecisive (in various ways) for too long, though it's still somewhat irritating waiting for these pushes to come along. Why can't we have more male leads like Kouhei from Fortune Arterial - one with a head straight on his shoulders and actually having awareness in things relationship related. *sigh*

Anyways, the route I went for first was Kana's - probably because she was the heroine who appealed to me the most, both personality wise (her cellphone antics were cute ) and style wise - in a cast dominated by swords and scythes, being a gunslinger certainly makes her stand out (not to mention appears more practical ). Her route was good for the most part, though the ending certainly could have used 5 minutes more to explain how everything got resolved, as the situation certainly warranted it. A decent ride overall, never the less.

Spoiler for Kana's route:

Now I have to decide whose route to go for next ... might be a bit problematic, as while Kana stood out for me almost immediately, the rest of the female cast didn't really catch my attention. Yua is a gigantic troll and can be both entertaining and tiresome to listen to, Ayumu is ... Ayumu (meaning excessively childish and hysteric), and Irina is creepy, as far as her single appearance in Kana's route suggested. I guess I'll go for Vivi - she didn't have any role to play (or even appearances) in Kana's route, but her involvement in the "common route" part of the story was enough to peak my interest about our local "shinigami". Here's hoping she gets a more expanded epilogue than Kana did.
Old 2012-03-20, 05:46   Link #3348
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I'm varying my gaming time between my 2nd run in Kamidori and having started Eien no Aselia (although I am generally quite average at strategy gameplay).
Obviously Kamidori's story is simply meant to make the dungeon grind more tolerable, but personally I enjoyed most of the character quests (<3 Melodiana).

I also tried playing Palette's steal my heart, but somehow it didn't appeal to me. During the first few hours, the sister was extremly annoying; her bro-con was way onverdone. I *might* try out "moshimo ashita ga (...)". I looked at the CGs and saw quite a few in-character tear shedding scenes, so I'm roughly aware of what to expect Once I return back home to Germany over Easter break, I can also finally pick up my PSP version of Mashiro-iro Symphony .
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 21:23   Link #3349
velocity7

Spoiler for Image:

Appears that Maruto isn't quite done expanding on the world of WA2.

Comes from:
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4145538.html
Old 2012-03-21, 05:15   Link #3350
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Got around to finishing my second route of Shinigami no Testament, and now I can say with certainty the title is growing on me and without fail providing good doses of motivation to keep going. After finishing Kana's route I had planned to go for Vivi next, but turns out her route is unavailable unless you have finished Yua's route first, so off for Yua I went. And it certainly didn't disappoint, even though once again the romance-> sex portion felt somewhat rushed, although (same as with Kana) there can be arguments presented why it unfolded as fast as it did.

Anyways, Yua's route was fairly different from Kana's in terms of focus (which was to be expected I guess, Yua being the "main" main girl) and thus provided a nice shift of pace - while Kana's route was mostly focused on Kana herself and her personal issues, with the supernatural side playing more of a background role, the situation was quite different in Yua's - the plot came knocking in full force.

I won't go into spoilerish details (as I'm not sure anyone else here has even read it yet or planning to do so ), but suffice to say it did a very good job in building up my intrigue and suspense, and the introduction of new interested parties (and their motivations, which are still largely secret at this point) certainly arose that feeling in me where you simply must find out what happens next and how it all ties together. I certainly appreciate when a story manages to do that.

Plenty of suspense and uncertainty as to how it's all going to end, up to the very end, decent amounts of sufficiently grim action, interesting plot elements being introduced (some more predictable, some less), questions being answered while more being introduced, exposition to the important players in the grand scheme of things - indeed, Yua's route did a very good job of building up my anticipation for the eventually upcoming "true end route".

In a way I'm glad that I played Kana's route first, seeing she had somewhat of a role to play in Yua's route as well, with a couple of important (if few) actions that had a definite influence on how it all played out. Indeed, given the broader scope of Yua's route, I was quite glad to see others of the main cast aren't forgotten and have their roles to play even on the sidelines. That's a very good thing indeed, especially if we consider these first five routes as the "world building" for the true end one that unlocks afterwards. I may have only completed two routes thus far, but I get a definite feeling they are steadily building towards the eventual grand finale. Vivi is up next (I guess quite fitting, seeing what the closing scenes of Yua's route entailed), this time for sure.

So far I'm enjoying Shinigami no Testament a good deal, and I'm certainly glad for having picked it up. It's shaping up to be a very solid title (minor gripes with overly speedy, if excusable, romance developments aside ... and a dense male lead, though I guess complaining about that is like complaining about desert having lots of sand and few oasis ) and it certainly has me on the edge of my seat craving for more - a genuine drive to devour as much of the title as soon as I'm able to, and it's certainly good when a story manages to invoke such a feeling in the reader.
Old 2012-03-21, 09:19   Link #3351
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Spoiler for Image:

Appears that Maruto isn't quite done expanding on the world of WA2.

Comes from:
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4145538.html
Would this mean WA3? Would that even work? Maybe a fan-box like with Ef....
Old 2012-03-21, 11:37   Link #3352
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Would this mean WA3? Would that even work? Maybe a fan-box like with Ef....
Leaning towards a fandisc. An intent to "expand upon the world of WA2" implies stuff related specifically to WA2, and most certainly not WA1, even though they're in the same world, etc. Having said that, the interview also says that he wants to do so while WA2 is still popular (at least, that's what it implies).
Old 2012-03-23, 16:21   Link #3353
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

So far I'm enjoying Shinigami no Testament a good deal, and I'm certainly glad for having picked it up. It's shaping up to be a very solid title (minor gripes with overly speedy, if excusable, romance developments aside ... and a dense male lead, though I guess complaining about that is like complaining about desert having lots of sand and few oasis ) and it certainly has me on the edge of my seat craving for more - a genuine drive to devour as much of the title as soon as I'm able to, and it's certainly good when a story manages to invoke such a feeling in the reader.
Might be somewhat off-topic, but I must comment about the bolded part . While it is true that the usual dense (and at times utterly useless) main lead is the sad standard for most VNs, I tend to complain not about him if his density will not be rubbed in my face at each given moment (*coughstrawberrynautsorsucrecough*). Same for the "usesless" part - I'm looking at you Mirai Nostaglia >_<!
So, in a fair and square world, NO VN prota should invoke the urge in me to either punch the monitor, make me complainy in disbelief or similar fashion .

Still on my first playthrough of Eien no Aselia due to many, many reloadings during the battle phases. And as it should be, Aselia's route has been the first choice. Damn you plot-event that reseted her mind points back to zero *insert crying-smiley*
Old 2012-03-24, 03:30   Link #3354
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Got around to finishing my second route of Shinigami no Testament, and now I can say with certainty the title is growing on me and without fail providing good doses of motivation to keep going. After finishing Kana's route I had planned to go for Vivi next, but turns out her route is unavailable unless you have finished Yua's route first, so off for Yua I went. And it certainly didn't disappoint, even though once again the romance-> sex portion felt somewhat rushed, although (same as with Kana) there can be arguments presented why it unfolded as fast as it did.

Anyways, Yua's route was fairly different from Kana's in terms of focus (which was to be expected I guess, Yua being the "main" main girl) and thus provided a nice shift of pace - while Kana's route was mostly focused on Kana herself and her personal issues, with the supernatural side playing more of a background role, the situation was quite different in Yua's - the plot came knocking in full force.

I won't go into spoilerish details (as I'm not sure anyone else here has even read it yet or planning to do so ), but suffice to say it did a very good job in building up my intrigue and suspense, and the introduction of new interested parties (and their motivations, which are still largely secret at this point) certainly arose that feeling in me where you simply must find out what happens next and how it all ties together. I certainly appreciate when a story manages to do that.

Plenty of suspense and uncertainty as to how it's all going to end, up to the very end, decent amounts of sufficiently grim action, interesting plot elements being introduced (some more predictable, some less), questions being answered while more being introduced, exposition to the important players in the grand scheme of things - indeed, Yua's route did a very good job of building up my anticipation for the eventually upcoming "true end route".

In a way I'm glad that I played Kana's route first, seeing she had somewhat of a role to play in Yua's route as well, with a couple of important (if few) actions that had a definite influence on how it all played out. Indeed, given the broader scope of Yua's route, I was quite glad to see others of the main cast aren't forgotten and have their roles to play even on the sidelines. That's a very good thing indeed, especially if we consider these first five routes as the "world building" for the true end one that unlocks afterwards. I may have only completed two routes thus far, but I get a definite feeling they are steadily building towards the eventual grand finale. Vivi is up next (I guess quite fitting, seeing what the closing scenes of Yua's route entailed), this time for sure.

You might want to finish Elina's route first. Because in that route it's explained why she has vendetta on Vivi. Also it explained why Rui survived at the end of Yua's and Ayume's route.

About Ayume's route it's really on par with the other routes, it's just you need to see through her childish behavior at the beginning.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 13:07   Link #3355
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
You might want to finish Elina's route first. Because in that route it's explained why she has vendetta on Vivi. Also it explained why Rui survived at the end of Yua's and Ayume's route.

About Ayume's route it's really on par with the other routes, it's just you need to see through her childish behavior at the beginning.
I assume you mean Irina's route, and yeah - I certainly am going to read it. It's not like it's possible to access the "true end" route without doing so anyway, so I couldn't skip it even if I wanted to, which I don't Suffice to say, that should be the messiest romance option around as well, considering Irina's nature

I haven't gotten to Ayumu's route yet (Still on Vivi's route, been preoccupied for the last few days, so progress hasn't been as quick as I would want), though it never struck me as odd that Rui survived at the end of Yua's route. Rather, unless I missed something, was there a specific reason he shouldn't have ?

Spoiler for Yua's rote end:
Old 2012-03-25, 03:51   Link #3356
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Well to access the true route, you only need to finish Yua's and Vivi's route.

Even the game itself is suggesting that Nine is bi-gender ^^;
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 01:37   Link #3357
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Has anyone played applique-soft's Concerto Note? It looks quite nice and sounds interesting. I know that it has dark parts, but if the degree of dark elements is similar to Tasogare Sinsemilla, I can handle it (ignoring that the latter is more supernatural, mystery focused). Yes, I'm ~ 4 years too late
Otherwise I'll wait for Strawberry Feels; simple plot and love-dovey works perfectly fine for me.
Old 2012-03-27, 03:18   Link #3358
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
Well to access the true route, you only need to finish Yua's and Vivi's route.
Yeah, seems I had gotten the "need Irina as well' part wrong; completed Vivi's path and the final one has been unlocked. Must .. resist ... urge ... to ... read ... before ... Ayumu ... and ... Irina ...

Quote:
Even the game itself is suggesting that Nine is bi-gender ^^;
Indeed. On the note of Nine, is it me, or does Eris (from Vivi's memories) share the same voice actor as him/her ? It certainly is somewhat creepy to hear Eris speak in the voice of that little devil. Studio skimping on budget considering how few lines Eris has, or them setting up a massive troll on Nine's part regarding the identity of Eris ? Hmm ...

Anyways, Vivi's route. I have a bit of mixed feelings about this one - the parts focusing on the plot were good, and managed some interesting twists (and the curveball in the end caught me off-guard, props to the story for that), but I feel the romance part of it was handled somewhat poorly. I'm coming to think that Shinigami no Testament doesn't handle romance all that well in general (or rather, it likes to jumpstart it out of nowhere) - and while that could be reasoned away in Kana's and Yua's routes, due to their specific circumstances, it was pretty meh in Vivi's route.

Spoiler for Vivi's path comments:

So ... yeah, very much looking towards the final chapter (Here's hoping I can resist reading it until I am done with Irina and Ayumu ), the plot buildup has been quite good thus far, and leaves me wanting for more.

I just hope they don't somehow make Rui and active combatant in all this. Some of the stuff he managed to do in Vivi's route was already bordering uncomfortable, considering what they are fighting against. Having learned swordsmanship from young age (and dropping it several years ago) hardly cuts it in the grand scheme of things.
Old 2012-03-28, 23:56   Link #3359
Zenken

Well I finished Kajiri Kamui Kagura, it's just awesome (the only way I can describe it), and another detail..... is just me or KKK is more like a shounen manga than Dies Irae? Not that is bad thing, I think is great.

I going to buy the ost.

Anyway, somebody knows if the KKK artbook has some new ilustrations or better yet, some character sketchs/character designs?
Zenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 02:36   Link #3360
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Anyone ever played VenusBlood games? How were they?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel