AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-26, 02:06   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Kami nomi/TWGOK - Character Discussion - Chihiro

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Chihiro related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Kami nomi/TWGOK fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-09-26, 13:38   Link #2
Solafighter
Hige

Chihiro...

Spoiler for Season 3:

Gotta love that girl.
Old 2013-09-26, 17:53   Link #3
ices
Working Hard

many said that Chihiro is the representation of the "real" in the Keima's real vs. ideal.
Old 2013-09-26, 23:36   Link #4
Lisemer

And who is the ideal? Yokkyun? Or Tenri?
Old 2013-09-27, 00:28   Link #5
ices
Working Hard

It must be Yokyun!! ;-)
Old 2013-09-27, 07:07   Link #6
Lisemer

Keima's fight about his real vs. ideal...
Maybe it's for the incoming game, but that reminded me about the Zekrom and Reshiram's fight in Pokemon

Last edited by Lisemer; 2013-09-29 at 20:01.
Old 2013-09-29, 19:50   Link #7
ShiroiRyu

It's stupid because Chihiro is really not the type i like in manga girl :
She have not that much of breast size, a bad mouth character, a "plain" face, a basical color of hair ...
Reallly ... She have nothing i like in a girl ...
But she is the most normal girl of the manga ... and it's why i love her.
My favorite character, yes. :/
Old 2013-09-30, 14:03   Link #8
Solafighter
Hige

^That is, what makes her special.
Old 2013-10-01, 05:53   Link #9
n120cky

What I like about her is, how she unconciously try to conquer Keima, she always one step further from Keima . . .

I don't why but when the episode go around her story, the atmosphere become melancholic and somehow make me sad . . ., even she caused Keima to broke in tears.

I would not call her average girl..., let say that she is more average then your average girl...
Old 2013-10-13, 05:23   Link #10
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
What I like about her is, how she unconciously try to conquer Keima, she always one step further from Keima . . .

I don't why but when the episode go around her story, the atmosphere become melancholic and somehow make me sad . . ., even she caused Keima to broke in tears.

I would not call her average girl..., let say that she is more average then your average girl...
...which is exactly what Keima called her, a girl who's extremely "normal" even by the standards of "normal" girls.
She's always indeed been at least one step ahead of Keima (even falling for him before he can even start to interact, much less conquer her), and no matter what Keima tried she never did anything the way he expected. As a result, she was never just one of the girls, and I get the feeling she's worked deeper into his heart than almost anyone else. On top of that, she's the only one that brought him to tears over his choices.
It becomes apparent that Vintage was just the tip of the iceberg, so I'm hoping that whatever bigger stuff's coming in the manga will involve her in one way or another; maybe she'll end up possessed by a "king" of the ancient weiss, one intelligent and powerful enough to turn the tables single-handedly.
One thing I definitely want though is for Chihiro, with or without knowledge of the techniques Keima had given her long before, to ultimately choose to do what Keima does in the games, and conquer him, but not like Yui; while Yui tried to conquer Keima the way a guy conquers a heroine, hopefully Chihiro will ultimately pour herself into conquering Keima the way a girl captures a hero. Even if it doesn't show the conclusion, seeing Chihiro declare that she'd conquer the conqueror would make an interesting way to close out the whole story at the end.
Old 2013-12-11, 16:43   Link #11
Asakura Hana

she balances the interest in the common harem of the anime.. and she gives the excitement in the ideals and character of Keima, which gives her attention in the story.
Old 2013-12-16, 13:14   Link #12
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Chihiro...

Spoiler for Season 3:

Gotta love that girl.
Actually, I don't think that's true anymore...
Old 2014-06-29, 12:54   Link #13
Clause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Actually, I don't think that's true anymore...
Well, we could argue about Tenri and Haqua.

For Tenri... It's kinda hard to not fall for a boy who traveled though time and saved the world. On top of that Kaori kinda raised a flag, but i believe even if afraid of him she was interested before that.

Haqua fall for the genius, manipulative, lady-killer God Keima. She kinda see Keima the same way we see him. It's hard to not be amazed. "and of course the ecchi events visiting Keima house rsrs"
"I don't know if this genius Keima can be considered his real self"

The only other moment Keima was himself was with Ayumi on the boad "when they start to fight before the kiss". And it was only because Chihiro broke the Triangle Guilty Wall but cornered him in being open and honest with Ayumi.

Did i forgot someone?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters