AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-03, 20:34   Link #561
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Just wondering, has anyone questioned about who the slider in the series is yet? We got aliens, time travellers and espers, but the identity of a slider eludes us... or does it?
Why don't you ask Kyon?

Even in the novels themselves, Kyon is still wondering when the Sliders will turn up. So this mystery is most certainly not forgotten.
Old 2006-11-05, 18:35   Link #562
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
okay i have rewatched the whole serie again
and i have some questions

in ep2 when Kyon and Haruhi met , i was thinking that Kyon was physically attracted to Haruhi .. he did mentioned she was a beauty and thats probably why he talked to Haruhi. I mean he couldnt get his eyes of Haruhi
then again Taniguuichi explained the whole story about her
Kyon probably doesnt mind it at all
but i could be wrong

another thing that bothers me is when Yuki manipulate the fact that Asakura has dissapeared but then again why didnt she do the same when Taniguichi barge into the classroom when she and Kyon are well 'physically' together

well thats all i could remember for now
Old 2006-11-05, 20:34   Link #563
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post

in ep2 when Kyon and Haruhi met , i was thinking that Kyon was physically attracted to Haruhi .. he did mentioned she was a beauty and thats probably why he talked to Haruhi. I mean he couldnt get his eyes of Haruhi
but i could be wrong
I think that you're on the right track, and also you got to take into account that Kyon was also attracted to Haruhi because of her hair... I mean, he did explain how her hairstyle changed everyday and wondered what it looked like on Sunday (and his major disappointment when she cut her hair after he pointed out the pattern... also he said it himself, that he likes ponytails).
Old 2006-11-05, 20:40   Link #564
LCeh

Quote:

but i could be wrong
You are pretty much correct. I am not too sure what your question was, but Kyon has always acknowledged that she is a beauty.

Quote:
another thing that bothers me is when Yuki manipulate the fact that Asakura has dissapeared but then again why didnt she do the same when Taniguichi barge into the classroom when she and Kyon are well 'physically' together

That's because that was never a problem in Yuki's mind. She was probably physically tired after doing all that manipulation, or was suffering from the injuries, and Kyon was helping her. Taniguichi happened to walk in on it, and to Yuki, it wasn't a problem at all.
Old 2006-11-06, 07:37   Link #565
PastPrime

Quote:

It was never indicated that she could manipulate peoples memories. She had messages sent that said Asakura had moved to Canada. If she could manipulate memories, with her own powers, she would have made people forget that Asakura existed.
Old 2006-11-06, 10:45   Link #566
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
i got a question, in ep7 (afk version) at 8:11, why does haruhi look at kyon and smile? its probably a stupid question, but im just slow

禁則事項です
Old 2006-11-08, 03:12   Link #567
Anaglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
i got a question, in ep7 (afk version) at 8:11, why does haruhi look at kyon and smile? its probably a stupid question, but im just slow
The wink while she's balancing a pencil on her lip? I took that as being her wry way of saying "this is what putting up posters about being a student counselling group gets you: looking for missing boyfriends".
Old 2006-11-08, 12:30   Link #568
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
yeah that part. i wonder what she meant when she was grinning at kyon

禁則事項です
Old 2006-11-08, 13:29   Link #569
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"Yay!!! We're about to have fun! You grouchy person you!<g>" ... is about as deep as it gets I think.
Old 2006-11-14, 13:01   Link #570
Charmmy Kitty
Red eyes in Darkness

Send a message via ICQ to Charmmy Kitty Send a message via MSN to Charmmy Kitty
Ehh...Always wanted to ask...How old are the heroes of the serial?I know, that Asahina Mikuru is older, than Haruhi, but don't know the age of anybody ^_^'''
Old 2006-11-14, 13:06   Link #571
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Haruhi and Kyon are 1st Grader of High School (freshmen), so probably around 15-16 years old.

but, i dunno about itsuki :s
Old 2006-11-15, 18:47   Link #572
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

This guy http://duessel.animeblogger.net/?p=37

Announced a Season 2 of Haruhi.

Is this correct?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2006-11-15, 19:29   Link #573
Noppapana
&gt; Haruhiist &lt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
This guy http://duessel.animeblogger.net/?p=37

Announced a Season 2 of Haruhi.

Is this correct?
highly possible
Old 2006-11-15, 21:07   Link #574
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As far as I can tell.. everyone *EXCEPT* KyoAni has announced there will be a second season, therefore I can't really call it official yet.

Ages: Kyon and Haruhi are 1st year highschoolers (=10th grade in US). Mikuru is a 2nd year. The rest I'd have to guess at but I think Nagato and Itsuki are both first years as well. School starts on April 1 in Japan... so on first day, Kyon and Haruhi are both 15 at least and turn 16 at some point during the year. Mikuru is a year older.

Japan, for all its crushing weight of academics, tends to promote students no matter what so its very unlikely anyone is of different age by more than a few months in any given class.

School age characters in japanese anime are given a bit more maturity than one might expect out of a mid-teen (or nine year old lolis with amazing magical firepower even). But otoh, my observation is that the average real life japanese teen is a bit more mature than the average american teen (or at least more focused). A lot of it has to do with the lifelong social emphasis on being unselfish and community/team cooperation. Throw your brickbats - its just a sweeping generalization based on personal observation. Look around at your classmates and remember you're *probably* part of the minority "other" clique rather than "joe/jane average". Can you imagine *them* making some of the decisions you see made in these series?

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-11-15 at 21:19.
Old 2006-11-21, 18:11   Link #575
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I don't think we can assume Mikuru's age from the school year she's in since she's an interloper in their time frame, Kyon obviously suspects very strongly that she's actually younger than them, I would put her at a year younger, i.e. 14-15.

Yuki is 3 years old of course....
Old 2006-11-21, 18:16   Link #576
Noppapana
&gt; Haruhiist &lt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
I don't think we can assume Mikuru's age from the school year she's in since she's an interloper in their time frame, Kyon obviously suspects very strongly that she's actually younger than them, I would put her at a year younger, i.e. 14-15.

Yuki is 3 years old of course....
yeah a 14 years old girl has such body (sarcasm)
and you know what i mean
Old 2006-11-23, 19:56   Link #577
Wadjet
Join the Yggdra Union

So the big question I would like to ask.. Is Kyon the Slider?

After reading the translations of the novels so far I really think it is him. Does the novel series end at 8 or will there be more? Was the identity of the slider ever discovered if there was one?

If it's not over I doubt they would add another main character this far in. Unless it was maybe Tsuruya but she has always had a minor supporting role for the longest, can't imagine that changing drastically. So the other candidate is Kyon.

He is the only SOS member without an actual 'title', supposedly the only regular human. While he has no special powers by himself, he has witnessed events and seen different dimesions not only because of Haruhi but because of all the other SOS members also. He is also the only one that always remembers everything, while everyone else goes back to their regular role. As a slider he is the perfect narrator of events in this set of unique people.

I don't know why Kyon himslef has not questioned his position. If he thinks of what a slider actually is and his situation he should come up with that conclusion. Even though it is not him causing all the dimesion and tiem fluctuation chages, he was witness to them all, and in the most complete form. The only other way I can see another person as a slider coming in is like Asakura from Volume four coming into their dimension and they say she has moved back, but then again Kyon has already been to her dimesion and then some @_@
Old 2006-11-23, 20:09   Link #578
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The novel is by no mean over, but I don't think Kyon is 'the slider' since he's still arguably at 'his own world'. Yes, he has been through many worlds but the thing is, he isn't stuck in some other reality... (now had he decide to go with Nagato's version of the world in Disappearance things might be different.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-11-23, 21:54   Link #579
lana3007
stuck-up feminist

I have another question concerning Kyon: from what I read around here there are supposedly a few theories that he is the one who has powers and that Haruhi may or may not have gotten her powers from him. Where in the novels are the signs that he might be the one responsible for what happens?
Old 2006-11-23, 22:02   Link #580
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Disappearance has in effect buried the argument that Kyon is the one with all that power. He never wished for that kind of thing to have happened (especially if he happens to actually to enjoy life with SOS Brigade) and Nagato obtained the power to alter reality from Haruhi, not him.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Closed Thread