AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-16, 00:37   Link #2581
GipFace

If you want to direct your incredulity at someone, direct it at groups that haven't actually released anything. Like maybe Gamepatch, or NDT. Who knows how long they'll take? ~_~

We gave up on ef once, not "twenty" times. Consult the readme if you want to know why.

Hrm... of course 4chan picked up my previous post. I'll take a quote from chapter 1 itself. If there's a reaction, it means they still care. I never knew they loved me so much. The biggest haters are the ones who check my website every day, pick apart every blog post, and follow my every move like I'm some sort of mega-celebrity. Ho ho ho! The irony in that is too delicious.

Anyway, it'll be real entertaining to see how this all unfolds. A no-nonsense release was exactly what every pirate wanted, yet they're still complaining. I'm still giggling at the fact that they're trying to stir up drama when there is none.

Last edited by GipFace; 2009-03-16 at 02:38.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 11:34   Link #2582
sagematt
Magician of Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
direct it at groups that haven't actually released anything. Like maybe Gamepatch, or NDT
Quote:
NDT
Oh, really? http://radicalr.pestermom.com/game.html
sagematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 02:57   Link #2583
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Kazune Yamamoto just handed in her resignation to Studio e.go. Seeing as how dependant e.go is on her works, will this spell the begining of the end ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 12:05   Link #2584
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

That's very interesting news. While I'm not a fan of their works, they have been around for a decade and produced a lot of games, so it's surprising that it'd disappear like that. It's something to do with staff relations?

I think usually if a company relies on a main artist instead of multiple brands/artists, the head illustrator leaving pretty much means the end of the company. Then again, do people follow companies or artists more?
Old 2009-03-19, 12:28   Link #2585
m3rryweather

I'm not sure if that is usually the case but she is one of the directors of E.go and everyone on the team are leaving too so it would make sense that the company will go down under.

And just for the heck of staying on topic, I would be playing Flyable Heart but I have finals. ;_;
m3rryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 12:33   Link #2586
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

It's a bit disappointing though.

I'm kinda slowly working through FH. Coming from Tapestry, it's basically a total reversal so far with all the comedy. Love the SD drawings XD

Btw, welcome to AS, m3rry :3
Old 2009-03-19, 14:06   Link #2587
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
I'm spending most of my time on FH (thanks to the fact that my finals are over )

Currently on Yui's route. So far, it has been just what I expected! The game has lots of mysteries surrounding it's characters which was kind of surprising for me... Specially the male lead is the very definition of "Mysterious Transfer Student" hahaha!

Last edited by johnishida; 2009-03-19 at 19:56.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 18:51   Link #2588
Bane Rieko
Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to Bane Rieko
I feel kind of weird saying this, but right now my favorite eroge is Yume Miru Kusuri~ A Drug That Makes You Dream.

It's so darn DEPRESSING for an eroge! I cried multiple times while playing this game, especially during the Aeka route. Curse you Antoinette!

Has anyone else played this game and cried too?
Bane Rieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 21:50   Link #2589
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane Rieko View Post
I feel kind of weird saying this, but right now my favorite eroge is Yume Miru Kusuri~ A Drug That Makes You Dream.

It's so darn DEPRESSING for an eroge! I cried multiple times while playing this game, especially during the Aeka route. Curse you Antoinette!

Has anyone else played this game and cried too?
Haha why would you feel wierd...And yea it is one of the more enjoyable translated VNs out their thus-far. Crying though...hmmm I don't think so, but it was a pretty emotional ride just the same.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 22:04   Link #2590
Bane Rieko
Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to Bane Rieko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Haha why would you feel wierd...And yea it is one of the more enjoyable translated VNs out their thus-far. Crying though...hmmm I don't think so, but it was a pretty emotional ride just the same.
Because I'm a girl who usually plays yaoi visual novels... It's completely out of my genre!
Bane Rieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 14:53   Link #2591
Autumn Demon
~

Are there any other eroge like Doushin Same Heart where you zap between different playable characters in English?
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 15:48   Link #2592
Avisch
Reality Blender

Been experimenting witha quite a few Eushully games
-Ikusa Megami Goddess Zero
-Himegari Dungeon Meister
-Meishoku no Reiki

They're challenging but very interesting.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 17:52   Link #2593
Seitsuki
Onee!

ever17 isn't ero but i love it <3
Fate is also great
playing Tomoyo after atm
Old 2009-05-20, 00:17   Link #2594
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090519#p2

Crossnet... \(^o^)/OWATA...
Just what happened...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 16:18   Link #2595
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090519#p2

Crossnet... \(^o^)/OWATA...
Just what happened...
Not sure myself, but they haven't released anything recently... it's just been sister companies Favorite, Apricot and Apricot Cherry. So maybe they just became independent?
Old 2009-05-27, 10:00   Link #2596
meh

My favorite VN has to be Fate Stay Night. It's just absurdly good. Although more recently, I finished and enjoyed both G-Senjou no Maou(REALLY REALLY GOOD) and Remember 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo was a title I wanted to try after how G senjou managed to impress me.
And, hell, I wonder why I didn't check this title before.
You know, I haven't heard a single bad review of this game. Yet for some reason I just can't play through it. The beginning portion seemed so... boring. Which I found unusual since G Senjou no Maou got my interest from the get-go.

Anyway, trying to play this and Clannad. Two games that has been taking up space in my hard drive for a while now. Both are games that seems to be "Must Play" and neither has caught my interest yet.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 10:16   Link #2597
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
You know, I haven't heard a single bad review of this game. Yet for some reason I just can't play through it. The beginning portion seemed so... boring. Which I found unusual since G Senjou no Maou got my interest from the get-go.
I personally think Sharin no Kuni start was much more engaging. True enough, the action rolls much quicker in G senjou, but it takes an AWFUL time before Haru barges in the fray.
Hence, I personally had less attention trouble with Sharin, as you had everyone's antics, especially Ken's, while in G Senjou, you were stuck with Kyousuke, Kanon, Tsubaki and that creepy troll Eiichi.

Thinking back at the start of G senjou, it was a good thing I didn't play Sharin first, as the start of G senjou would ironically bore me big time (lots of eiichi's antics, rinse and repeat).
Old 2009-05-27, 10:25   Link #2598
meh

Woah. Such different reactions. I think my main problem with Sharin's beginning is that I'm not sure what everything's about. It's just a whole bunch of different people doing there own stuff.

Oh well, I'll definitely give it another go.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 10:29   Link #2599
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

True enough. The problem with Sharin is the fact that the premises can leave a big interrogation: you certainly feel something is weird with" school girls being considered like bunch of criminals", and it will give even more incompatibility feeling regarding the possible themes etc.

However, things will go quickly engrossing when you will have further interactions with Natsumi, then with Sachi's route.
In term of comparison with G senjou though, Sharin and G senjou share a lots of epic moments and very dark/debatable themes and aspirations. But unlike G senjou, Sharin is way more consistent in term of story telling (less on the suspense side, doesn't rely on surprise plot twist. Not like G Senjou's one was bad, but was generally considered as a letdown for most readers).
Old 2009-05-27, 11:47   Link #2600
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Currently engrossed in Tenshin Ranman.
I don't know if my heart can take the massive amount of moe~ this.... HHHNNNGGG

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel