AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-18, 04:20   Link #721
Shadow5YA

No. We are not having this argument again, god damn it.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:24   Link #722
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Not this again?
Old 2012-04-18, 08:46   Link #723
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Not this again?
This, a million times over.
Old 2012-04-18, 10:03   Link #724
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
Don't say that. Kano was starting to get more cleaner near the end, so the end could justify the means, so to speak.
She obviously did start getting cleaner but without a timeskip you would not be sure of the kid is actually his or is one of the orgy gifts.
Old 2012-04-18, 10:13   Link #725
Somnus
Eh?

Seriously Nemo, just let it die. Accept the ending as it is (a good one), and accept that Kano is a changed woman.

I even fear posting this since I can only see it as fanning the flames of war once again.
Old 2012-04-18, 10:19   Link #726
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
She obviously did start getting cleaner but without a timeskip you would not be sure of the kid is actually his or is one of the orgy gifts.
There was a time-skip:

Spoiler for 32 (page 16):
Old 2012-04-18, 16:28   Link #727
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeknickers View Post
There was a time-skip:

Spoiler for 32 (page 16):
I had the impression he wanted her to be pregnant before the timeskip, because showing her pregnant after the timeskip would not seem all that great unless some other scene is involved. After the timeskip they usually dont show pregnancy but either with kids or without them.

But if Kano and Nitta were shown with kids after the time skip the speculation over who actually is the real father would raise again since one would not be able to tell when she got herself pregnant with possibility being it was someone from teh orgies (since she doenst use any protection (the guys came inside her) and the pills arent always reliable).
Old 2012-04-18, 18:48   Link #728
kenjtr

I should say it was intrestig to see where heroine gets gangbanged with her will ( there is wolf guy too but that was rape ) , in the end our main char got a stable job after 3 years while kinky heroine got her fathers company

Ending left a bad taste , author at least should have given a happy family to main char cause waiting a rich girl for 3.5 years is just sad . Also in the end he got nothing worth for his waiting for , at least he will always have happy memories where he knew the girl who bought him had good orgys with lots of people .
Old 2012-04-18, 19:53   Link #729
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

You have to consider that Nitta is quite happy with his ordinary life. So a return to his normal life is a good ending in some sense. He just isn't the type of man to marry the heir of a big corporation. Nitta and Kano belong to different worlds. So this really is the more realistic and sensible outcome.
Old 2012-04-18, 20:47   Link #730
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
You have to consider that Nitta is quite happy with his ordinary life. So a return to his normal life is a good ending in some sense. He just isn't the type of man to marry the heir of a big corporation. Nitta and Kano belong to different worlds. So this really is the more realistic and sensible outcome.
I didnt want them to be together too but at least he should move on with his life instead of waiting a girl who wouldnt be with him anyway , if he gave up on that rich girl at least he could have married with a decent girl .
Old 2012-04-18, 20:49   Link #731
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
I didnt want them to be together too but at least he should move on with his life instead of waiting a girl who wouldnt be with him anyway , if he gave up on that rich girl at least he could have married with a decent girl .
You make it sound like he's desperate or something. But of them are busy with their current lives, but still are content with at least saying hello and keeping in touch. She GREW to like him, thats how relationships work.
Old 2012-04-18, 21:11   Link #732
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
You make it sound like he's desperate or something. But of them are busy with their current lives, but still are content with at least saying hello and keeping in touch. She GREW to like him, thats how relationships work.
I am not sure wating 3.5 years for an orgy girl who wouldnt be with you in the end seems pretty stupid for my logic , people should move on their lives clinging in the past is never good .
Old 2012-04-18, 21:30   Link #733
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

I'd say she's loved him longer than he's loved her. She wanted him to come with her, but he said he'd wait for her. I'd say that even now this is a one-sided love, with Kano loving Nitta the most.
Old 2012-04-18, 22:58   Link #734
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Just finished the last few chapters.
I think Nitta does have some feeling for her... why else would he not change his number and go running to Kano as soon as she called?

I don't see how Kano couldn't have hire Nitta or gave him a job in her company or even just helped him using her connections. They could have continued to hang out/start living together officially. Nitta might feel that he is "unfit" for Kano (and Kano's past doesn't help). Kano admitted she loves Nitta, Nitta just need to gather the courage for their awkward relationship to be pushed to the next step.

I guess the author wanted a bittersweet ending.
Would like to see harumi's next work if she is not taking a break. Velvet Kiss started off pretty amazing but the quality seem to have dropped a bit towards the end.
Old 2012-04-18, 23:02   Link #735
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I think Nitta does have some feeling for her... why else would he not change his number and go running to Kano as soon as she called?
That doesn't necessarily mean he's in love with her. The important connection is that above all, Kano is now someone in Nitta's life that he cares for, and in the end, that's whats important. Could it evolve into romance, sure, but I think where it ended was perfect considering the tone of this story. A married with babies ending would have been a little to cliche imo.

And most importantly, Nitta finally has what he wanted, a stable lifestyle and job where he can confidently say he's happy.
Old 2012-04-19, 01:44   Link #736
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Being close to thirty your bio clock starts ticking faster and 3.5 years start to seem longer and longer as it pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I didnt change my number for 3.5 years too? Does that mean I a m in love with somebody? And running to her is - he still has some affection, or maybe just liked the feeling of her cunt which as time passed turned into something more idealistic.

All and all though, Nitta does have some affection towards Kano but I do not think he really loves her. Somehow manga was not really convincing on showing that he does love her. Its more convincing that Kano did even with those orgy things.

On the other hand does that mean that Kano went on celibacy for all that time? Its bit hard to imagine despite the attempt to show her change.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-04-19 at 14:44. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double posting...
Old 2012-04-19, 07:33   Link #737
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
I didnt change my number for 3.5 years too? Does that mean I a m in love with somebody? And running to her is - he still has some affection, or maybe just liked the feeling of her cunt which as time passed turned into something more idealistic.

All and all though, Nitta does have some affection towards Kano but I do not think he really loves her. Somehow manga was not really convincing on showing that he does love her. Its more convincing that Kano did even with those orgy things.

On the other hand does that mean that Kano went on celibacy for all that time? Its bit hard to imagine despite the attempt to show her change.
Honestly I wish you were in love with somebody, then maybe your views on it wouldn't be so damn skewed.

Him not changing his number for so long has the same reasoning people have for telling their friends/family their new phone # if they get it changed. They don't want to lose touch with said people. Obviously, the same applies here.

That being said, I'd say Nitta longed for her and the amount of time passed only proved that it turned into love. People do inexplicable things thanks to love, and not changing his phone number would be Nitta's.

Though I may not like it, I can at least acknowledge that in a story like this, no, I can't say for sure that Kano didn't have a one-night stand with someone during her 3.5 years. The argument can go either way. On one hand she was extremely busy, as she decided to accept a ton of responsibilities. On the other hand, she might have had one of those nights where a nice dinner or good atmosphere led to sex. I am confident though that she didn't have any more orgies which is the direction I can sense you want to take this.
Old 2012-04-19, 09:17   Link #738
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:
I didnt change my number for 3.5 years too? Does that mean I a m in love with somebody?
The fact is that Nitta pointed out he hadn't changed his number and tried to rationalise that he didn't do that for Kano but why try to convince himself of something like that? It wasn't just some random sequence of words or filler conversation at the end of a story. Obviously he didn't change his number because of Kano. It's called a plot device or why else would it even be mentioned?

Quote:
And running to her is - he still has some affection, or maybe just liked the feeling of her cunt which as time passed turned into something more idealistic.
You are so bloody crass it's disgusting. It's like you have no filter whatsoever.

Quote:
Being close to thirty your bio clock starts ticking faster and 3.5 years start to seem longer and longer as it pass.
Who are you talking about, Nitta? Kano was in her early twenties when the manga started and if you're trying to talk for all women, please don't.
Old 2012-04-19, 10:03   Link #739
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeknickers View Post
Who are you talking about, Nitta? Kano was in her early twenties when the manga started and if you're trying to talk for all women, please don't.
Yeah I am talking about Nitta. Kano is too young to hear anything ticking. But for Nitta that time is drawing closer and 3.5 years added shouldn't help the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Though I may not like it, I can at least acknowledge that in a story like this, no, I can't say for sure that Kano didn't have a one-night stand with someone during her 3.5 years. The argument can go either way. On one hand she was extremely busy, as she decided to accept a ton of responsibilities. On the other hand, she might have had one of those nights where a nice dinner or good atmosphere led to sex. I am confident though that she didn't have any more orgies which is the direction I can sense you want to take this.
I don't believe that she had orgies either, she seems changed from that at least. But I find it hard to believe that she did not have had sex with other guys, with romance dinner or a simple one-night banging when in the morning you dont remember the others face all that much. The story did not change the perception of her character that much to imagine that she went on the 3.5 years of celibacy. Its more possible with Nitta, but I am not sure either.
Old 2012-04-19, 10:28   Link #740
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I don't believe that she had orgies either, she seems changed from that at least. But I find it hard to believe that she did not have had sex with other guys, with romance dinner or a simple one-night banging when in the morning you dont remember the others face all that much. The story did not change the perception of her character that much to imagine that she went on the 3.5 years of celibacy. Its more possible with Nitta, but I am not sure either.
Your reading "comprehension" astounds me. Never before have I seen someone use a detail completely absent from the story to interpret the plot.

I appreciate your value in wholesome sex with love or whatever, but when you bring in something like a one-night stand that isn't even hinted in the story, you're no longer discussing the story but asserting and imposing your own values.
Closed Thread

Tags
borderline hentai, harumi chihiro, manga, mature, romance