Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-17, 01:56   Link #101
kuromitsu

Offtopic, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
Also at book 15, I feel the manga is getting somewhere... in certain aspects. Where as in Ouran, I don't think they are really getting anywhere.
Er, I don't know what was the last volume of Ouran that you read, but at volume 8-9 the story has started moving (it was time ), and by the recent chapters, things are not quite the same as they used to be.
Spoiler:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 04:19   Link #102
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Offtopic, but...

Er, I don't know what was the last volume of Ouran that you read, but at volume 8-9 the story has started moving (it was time ), and by the recent chapters, things are not quite the same as they used to be.
Spoiler:

Trust me. I read up to the newest chapter.

Beware of Ouran manga spoilers:
Spoiler:

On the other hand... I think there is an end in sight for Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, even if the artist admit herself she feels like dragging the story out a bit longer.

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge manga spoilers:
Spoiler:
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 03:02   Link #103
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 3 raw

Keeps working for me. Sunako-chan's various transformations. Her aunt. The leeeeength of that limousine. The pace and rhythm. And the guys are beginning to resolve into distinct characters. I enjoy both the OP and ED music, and the ED animation is a classic. Like a collaboration between David Byrne and David Lynch.

And for those who don't know, I believe that the half-naked figures with the gong in all episodes, and probably the guy coming out of the limousine near the end of this one, are cartoon versions of the director, Nabeshin. (I think the hero's father in Futakoi Alternative was, too.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-18 at 12:06.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 15:49   Link #104
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Don't worry, I'm planning to read the manga especially because I recently found a source of it.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 15:57   Link #105
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

A new group started to fansub YNSH... Kiss-Kyu
... I want a h246 release
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 23:38   Link #106
Sakuya
*Artist

Anyone else find the Goth-Loli sisters repulsive? Especially their use of language and their tone, very...ugly. Is it something entirely original or some sort of distinct dialect?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 23:57   Link #107
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Anyone else find the Goth-Loli sisters repulsive? Especially their use of language and their tone, very...ugly. Is it something entirely original or some sort of distinct dialect?
I think they are suppose to be repulsive. They are annoyingly and ugly even in the manga. Thank god they only showed up twice there.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:42   Link #108
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Perhaps its a jab, but otoh look at some pictures of the real life version... its not far off:

http://gauze.free.fr/japan/photos/jo..._%A9feyana.jpg

http://www.japaneselifestyle.com.au/...u_IMG_1334.jpg

http://visual-sama.skyblog.com/pics/94887321_small.jpg

If anyone has pics of non-fugly real life goth-loli's (i.e. not magazine models), I'd be suprised
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 01:07   Link #109
Skane
Anime Snark

Can somebody tell me the name of the 'Heavenly Chorus' that plays in the background in Ep02 when Sunako is unbuttoning the guy's shirt? It is a very familiar tune, and it has been bugging me. They played it in Ep01 as well, when they were contrasting her darkness to the guy's brightness.
Old 2006-10-20, 01:31   Link #110
ImClueless
Rawr

Unhappy

OMFG I will never think of goth-lolis the same way again. The third one isn't that bad, but the first two makes me want to cry. They will forever intrude on my fantasies. Oh why did I click on that link.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 02:25   Link #111
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Damn... I actually had a mess of images at one point that were pretty cute .... goth-loli types in Akihibara.

Hmmm, the pink one isn't that bad and the blue/black haired one just needs some exercise. The rest ... yoiks! <run away>

Looks like the japanese are feeding themselves too well... I read somewhere that they're reinstituting vigorous PE programs to avoid taking America's path to fat death. And the American fast food chains there are experiencing a loss of business.

There's a few websites that contain candid street photos of cosplay people... last time I browsed them it looked like the cuter people were moving on to other style fads.
Old 2006-10-20, 06:03   Link #112
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That was, in a word, disturbing. I didn't mind the last picture, however: I thought it was decent enough and the girl didn't look bad at all. But for the first two ... OMFG.
Old 2006-10-20, 06:28   Link #113
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2.

You know, I wasn't really impressed by this episode. The comedy just didn't do it for me. There were a couple of moments where I chuckled, but the rest just came off as random and lame. And, since it seems like that's the general direction this series is going to take with the comedy, I'm starting to have doubts about whether I'm going to find much to enjoy from this series.

I can't be the only one who has flashbacks of a certain orange-haired Hinamizawa resident every time I hear Nakahara Mai mutter "kana~". Or maybe I am and that show sent me insane long ago. She seems to be in everything lately, though. Ditto Sugita Tomokazu. You know, I didn't even realize it was him until very late in this ep.

I do dig the ED song, though... quite catchy.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 06:40   Link #114
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

My auditory senses may have had adapted to sense if the seiyuu is Sugita Tomokazu. After hearing his voice early in the show - I quipped: 'It's KYON!'
Old 2006-10-20, 07:01   Link #115
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

ep 3 WTF

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
If anyone has pics of non-fugly real life goth-loli's (i.e. not magazine models), I'd be suprised
A bit better? http://lyusheilyn.l.skyblog.com/pics/132580776.jpg

Last edited by Aidan; 2006-10-20 at 07:15.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 08:46   Link #116
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post

That looks like a page from a magazine. (i.e. not real goss-rori)
Even for models though, they aren't all that hot...
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 09:13   Link #117
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Well it's a scan from Gothic & Lolita Bible a magazine centering around the the Goth Loli style.

http://www.blue-period.fsnet.co.uk/egl.html (Don't burn out your eyes.)
There are rare beauties, but that's because they are pretty to begin with.

Like the bottom left of this one http://www.blue-period.fsnet.co.uk/g...bible4/009.jpg
But to me that's more Goth than Goth Loli.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 12:11   Link #118
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Lol, poor Sunako in ep 2... hiding her face to make nobody get close to her, but getting (popular <?>) for being a "mistery". xD
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 18:41   Link #119
Sakuya
*Artist

In episode 2 when Kyohei threatened Sunako with her doll, Sunako's whimpering was hilarious.

And who would actually wear goth-loli outfits into public?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 18:44   Link #120
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Um... a small percentage of any city's population?