4 out of 10 : Poor 4 4.26%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.06%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.19%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-04-27, 01:27   Link #21
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I actually really enjoyed this episode lots. Do we really need a constant stream of action all the time? I'm sure from here on out the pacing will pick up as they go out after Akatsuki.

Or maybe I was still just hypnotized by the half naked Kankurou. Though I saw more of the inside of his body than I ever wanted to see lol.

I guess in some senses, it may have been a good move to postpone Kakashi's backstory. I'm really curious about it now.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 01:47   Link #22
aedai
*3*

Send a message via AIM to aedai Send a message via MSN to aedai Send a message via Yahoo to aedai
i guess your all guys then if you liked sakura giving orders..
she would of looked better if she hadnt worn her forehead protector
aedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 01:47   Link #23
EoT
~~

(This post refers to all people putting the series down)
If you think it's only going to get worse then stop watching, we don't need to hear people complain and moan about what the future may hold. I as a anime viewer only am satisifed with what's been displayed so far and I don't know why you manga readers keep complaining, there is a solution and that is to stop watching it if it annoys you so much.

I enjoyed this episode, I liked the scene between Kankuro asking Naruto to save his brother, it was touching. I especially look forward to to next weeks episode , and is it a 1 hour special I couldn't make out if it was.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 02:01   Link #24
striderm
Adusa #1

I do like Sakura better with her hair down and without the head protector, but her hair up wasn't all that bad.

I'm a big manga reader but I've liked this stuff since after the fight with Gaara.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 02:05   Link #25
Covenant

8/10.

Next week looks amazing, although I bet it will just introduce everyone. Thus, making the following week the best episode of Shippuden yet.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 04:48   Link #26
ShikaShika
無罪

You know, while the filler wasn't at all bad, I can understand people having problems with the pacing. It may be more realistic for Sakura to take her time healing Kankurou, but passage of time can be shown in so many ways other than actually showing it second by second. Anime-only viewers have to understand that while this is 'ok', by removing the padding and inserting 100% more story it actually does get better... Still, next episode preview looks hopeful.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 05:55   Link #27
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Finally watched the episode o_o .. Apart from the fact that I would prefer a longer skirmish between Naruto and Chiyo , this one is and excellent episode too. The pacing is excellent, the anime original scene works for me IMO, i doesnt drag too much, but at the same time showed how strong Sakura is in term of medical skill. The Gaara flashback by Kankurou was the high point IMO.. You can almost at that one time see how Naruto affect Gaara in that 1 single battle, compared to what even the siblings fails to do all those time.

One pattern I can see from the bitching, seems that all that matters to them is fight and more fight =.= .. Go watch WWE or something.. where you get to see several fight per episode or something.. There are needs, even for a shounen series such as this (is Naruto a shounen? - I cant tell ) where, episodes should move at a decent pace, without the need of fighting to advanced the story. This is such a case. There would be pleny of fight incoming arc, with 2 teams chasing Akatsuki.. so you'll get your fix later one .. I'm gonna lol hard if one start bitching about a certain fight .. manga readers should know which... you guys bitched about it too, neh?

I would also like to attract peoples attention and gives credit to TenTen.. .. because its obvious, despite her very normal appearance, she can keep up with Guy and Lee.. 3 days ->1 days travel.. thats a feat for such a "normal" ninja

Overall, very much satisfied with the current pacing, and I'll be happy enough if the current pace continued.

btw, I watched the preview .. and I cant even guess which scene they gonna cliffhanger it .. plenty of choice scene IMO ... Well, anything is better then a BANKAIII!! .. to be continued .. I guess ?

hmm.. i seems that naruto episode thread managed to get me write a long reply, huh?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 06:55   Link #28
kheldorin

I really liked this episode. It gave Sakura the opportunity to shine and I really liked her look with her hair up. The soundtrack was pretty good as well. Got to see Pakkun again and gained abit of insight into Kakashi's past.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 07:05   Link #29
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master zoid pilot View Post
WOW I think Sakura looks a lot better with her hair up! she also looks good giving commands
Agreed. I gave this ep a 10 just cause of how good she looked with her hair up.
Old 2007-04-27, 07:17   Link #30
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Wow, i can't believe this episode got so manny bad rates. I guess it's the manga readers :P
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 08:25   Link #31
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Well now don't put all manga readers in the same basket.

I read the manga and liked this episode quite a bit.

As a manga reader, I didn't like that part where Sakura healed Kankuro. The moment where Sakura finally shines as a medical ninja was brushed off very quickly. The fact that they took their time to provide an actual analysis made it look a bit better, and if -of course- it is hard to please manga readers that already know the plot in advance, I'm sure this episode will please many anime viewers.

7.5/10.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 08:30   Link #32
Nico

yeah so many moaners, this ep wasnt bad at all. and to the person that said it was nearly the same as the fillers

this is leagues above the fillers, at least now we get a STORY that is progressing the naruto universe. besides the artwork and animation is so much better than the fillers, maybe even before the fillers. The faces of naruto, sakura and temeri are drawn really well imo.

It may be a bit slow in places, but this is actually pretty much the same pace it was before the fillers. i remember thinking the chunin arc was crawling towards the end. the parts with the late entrance of sasuke, the chase with pakkun through the forest and orochimaru's sword slowwwwly going through the 3rds body were really dragged out. I dunno why ppl are complaining so much, maybe the fillers have pushed ppls patience, but this is pretty much the naruto we had before
Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 08:46   Link #33
Yukmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedai View Post
what!i utterly disagree! she looks very bad!

..well maybe im just saying that because i hate her,but it just looks baD!
i agree she became ugly!
Yukmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 08:53   Link #34
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Woah, when was the last time I posted in this forum. Anyway, just finished marathoning Ep06-11 (because the Gaara/Deidera fight was seriously overstretched (and if I had to watch it one episode per week, it would have driven me psychotic... puppy-killing psychotic)), and since Ep08 onwards, I have been pleased with the balance of manga/anime-original material and general pacing of the episodes (1+ chapter per episode was absurd, I am glad they finally recovered their senses and went for 2+ chapters per episode).

Choice of VA for Granny Chiyo is good, and I was delighted by her antics during her début appearance. It sets us up for the future episodes. I certainly hope they do justice to the next battle.

I was also happy that they expanded on Sakura's role in this episode (oh, and by the way... "PONY~!" (it's okay if you don't get it, but for those that do... )). I wonder how many non-manga readers (or even the manga readers themselves ) caught the foreshadowing that has been placed in this episode.

It has been a loooong time since I got to say this about Naruto, but...

... looking forward to the next episode.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-27, 09:01   Link #35
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Woah.. ponytails sense too strong in you skane ...
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 09:10   Link #36
Hir0

I personally like this episode myself. The pacing of this is ok, wasnt too bad compared to the beginning of the series. I actually reckong the pacing is pretty good. i gave this one a 8.

Sakura with her hair tied doesnt look like sakura for some reason. the only thing i found stupid was when the guys were ordered to hold down Kankuro and they didnt do it untill the 2nd time asked.

The next episode looks pretty insane, they better not kill anything lol
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 09:40   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well not a terrible episode. Coming in knowing they would take the full episode in healing Kankuro and whatever else they wanted to do in sand made it easier I guess. Was interesting to see Sakura show off her medical abilities and how far she's come in a few years. Naruto will need to pull off something massive just to show he's still got something to contribute.

The hair up worked for her I think. Of course not like she can stay that way all the time. Next episode should be interesting. As long as the keep the pacing reasonable.

All I'm thinking is. You can see Gaara's suffering out there and it seems like there is a lot of sitting around. For once I'm with Naruto, Let's go and rescue Gaara. Should be fun to see Neji and team Gai in action again.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 10:40   Link #38
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Liked the episode. Wasn't 22 minutes of nothing but healing Kankuro like I figured it would be. I liked when he asked Naruto to save his brother. Just as someone above me said, it was very touching.

Now, the next episode looks very interesting. Itachi and Kisame possibly coming for some action? I dunno.. but that thing that was partially underground moving torwards someone looked sorda like Kisame's sword. o.o; Chiyo obviously isn't some normal granny either. Hope for an intense episode next week.
Old 2007-04-27, 12:15   Link #39
Willowwhisp

I liked how they done Sakura’s healing stuff, showing ‘inside the body’ shots as well as the general idea behind the technique. The whole scene itself made her come off a whole lot stronger than she’s previously been show to be.

I liked Kankuru’s flashbacks.

Main issue with the episode was it felt like a bridging episode, much like the last one. Unfortunately not every episode can be heavy on story but it still felt like a bridge which means I couldn’t put it up beyond a 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master zoid pilot View Post
WOW I think Sakura looks a lot better with her hair up! she also looks good giving commands
I second this guy as well. I think she looked pretty hot with her hair up.
Willowwhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 15:53   Link #40
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

General question, I checked both the RAW and sub, and is anyone else missing the audio for the OP?