Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 02:02   Link #1161
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It was probably an actual shoujo romance story.

I mean, a story setting where a girl was summoned to an old~e fantasy setting for a purpose... and became the object of affection of two guys.

On one hand, we've got the perverted, unruly 'Perverted Bastard Jerkass Boyfriend in the form of Calvados...

Whose evil deeds were probably nothing more than sexually harassing all of Flonyard, whom ancient historians (the female ones) decided to escalate his evil deeds in historical text.

And assuming history wasn't too distorted, the late King and the other half of Cou's ancestor... whom going by shoujo tropes, is probably an Upstanding Fresh Nice Guy. ( the kind who loses in 90% of all shoujo series >.>)

In between them is the summoned hero, a plucky, bright & lovable Action Girl, and the only girl capable of putting the Jerkass in his place.
I shall call it Dog Days: Eiyuu Monogatari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Who?
Kitamura Eri's Extensive Portfolio

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:30   Link #1162
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

I mean, a story setting where a girl was summoned to an old~e fantasy setting for a purpose... and became the object of affection of two guys.

On one hand, we've got the perverted, unruly 'Perverted Bastard Jerkass Boyfriend in the form of Calvados...

Whose evil deeds were probably nothing more than sexually harassing all of Flonyard, whom ancient historians (the female ones) decided to escalate his evil deeds in historical text.

And assuming history wasn't too distorted, the late King and the other half of Cou's ancestor... whom going by shoujo tropes, is probably an Upstanding Fresh Nice Guy. ( the kind who loses in 90% of all shoujo series >.>)

In between them is the summoned hero, a plucky, bright & lovable Action Girl, and the only girl capable of putting the Jerkass in his place.
Yeah, but if what happened was that Adel and the king had a child together, then she left her family for Valerie (hah! a girl's name!) and the king died of grief as a result, then it's a little dark for Flonyard, don't you think?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:46   Link #1163
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but if what happened was that Adel and the king had a child together, then she left her family for Valerie (hah! a girl's name!) and the king died of grief as a result, then it's a little dark for Flonyard, don't you think?
Or maybe twist it further and have the King be the villain instead
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 03:03   Link #1164
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*had this odd WMG idea of Adelaide being a mage summoned from Midchilda*

Not only did the stone monument she supposedly built act like a Nanohaverse device, but her firearm is very futuristic looking, when she's from Ancient Flonyard in contrast to the musket-weapons that modern Pastillage wields.

*RUNS*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-08-12, 03:13   Link #1165
Dr. Casey

Man, I'm digging Dog Days Dash so much more than the original. I enjoyed the first season a lot, but the tri-protagonist angle this season has going on adds a lot to the story and things just got even better this episode with Calvaderos and Adelaide. Adelaide's a fun character, really bright and cute while still being intimidatingly mature and competent; they're both pretty relatable though for presumably being thousands of years old.

And Shinku is a lucky bastard, getting Millihiore in heat like that.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 03:25   Link #1166
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

All I got to say is that was one 'interesting' episode

Still waiting for Millihis' next concert tho.
Old 2012-08-12, 03:25   Link #1167
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Watashi, kininarimasu !
Quote:
Watashi, kininarimasu !
Quote:
Watashi, kininarimasu !
Quote:
Watashi, kininarimasu !
Quote:
Watashi, kininarimasu !
Quote:
Watashi, kininarimasu !
Hmmm... So many Chaos...

That said, what goods a king without country?
Old 2012-08-12, 03:40   Link #1168
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm pretty sure there was only one of me...
Old 2012-08-12, 03:54   Link #1169
Dr. Casey

There's more of you than you think. I found a Chaos hiding in my closet last night.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 04:19   Link #1170
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
That's pretty funny considering I was like "Oh hi mangatron, what are you doing in this anime?"
I really was there!
Images
mangatron peeps at the squirrel girls
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I admit, I didn't catch it the first time that they had put towels on, until I saw that towel disintegrate did I realize it

NYAAAAWRRR You crazy Sink, what are you doing get off the squirrel girl you #$#$^&%%-|\|TR

This episode was so much unfathomable fun Now what kind of meeting was that between the 3 leader girls, it ended up just being girl talk And the scene I have been waiting for, the ultimate sig of Episode 06! free! someone use it please XD

And Adele is voiced by Eri Kitamura! My M side awakens all over again, Adele can Sadize me anytime And she's nice enough to set her gun to burst mode, ah I'll gladly switch places with that Maou guy

The past few eps have seen a decline of Ricochet, poor girl, where is she? If it weren't for that camera wielding last ep, she would have really been cut out for 3 eps straight

But what can I say, Mr Maou fellow taught me a valuable lesson this ep, yup. See, crashing through the roof of the girls' bath is a nono, clearly one must stealth the place and become one with the environment in order to successfully enjoy the paradise before them
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Is anyone else thinking about why this girl has quite the Millimeter shrine on that wall....just me? Typical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I'll be damned but they have this happy marriage vibes for some reason...
LOL I bet you wouldn't have detected those vibes if it weren't for Brioche's Hina's happy look on her face
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickadams View Post
The part that made me laugh out loud was "Hey, the Demon King's sealed up in this thing... wanna poke at it and see what happens? What could possibly go wrong?"
The primary rumor/legend was that the Hero(ine) was stuck inside. The second rumor part was that the Maou was also inside. So what was that saying, the victor writes history....
Quote:
That made me LAWL so hard. I don't know why shoujo manga are like that, and I really don't want to know, even though I want to know, which I probably know already but refuse to think about
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 04:52   Link #1171
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

That made me LAWL so hard. I don't know why shoujo manga are like that, and I really don't want to know, even though I want to know, which I probably know already but refuse to think about

In this case, it's because she just can't leave him alone for even one second- can't you tell ?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-12 at 05:05.
Old 2012-08-12, 04:58   Link #1172
Sumeragi
Banned

Maternal feelings can be quite strong. One reason a girl might like a badass.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:00   Link #1173
sikvod00

I love how Adelaide looks like your typical, sweet magical girl hero yet she shoots people in the face with a gun and smashes them in the head with a giant mace. Plus, she isn't that "sweet".
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:06   Link #1174
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Asides from the "nice guys end up last" trope, it works in basically the same manner that tsundere females are popular and win many anime romance stories: they may be unruly and seemingly insufferable on the outside, but getting to the soft and caring part underneath is an incredible appeal.

Dog Days has Cinque though, who has the largest harem yet's the nice guy, so at least they're not following shoujo manga conventions for him

Now Adele and Valerie on the other hand...

Old 2012-08-12, 05:09   Link #1175
Sumeragi
Banned

My biggest worry right now: When am I going to either bake or drink the various food references and make reviews about the names of the characters? Writing Noir was difficult enough (but very enjoyable).

*Writes down a schedule*
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:13   Link #1176
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I love how Adelaide looks like your typical, sweet magical girl hero yet she shoots people in the face with a gun and smashes them in the head with a giant mace. Plus, she isn't that "sweet".
What do you expect? This is the guy who created Nanoha... Though I would love to see how Nanoha handles having a bad boy bishounen sniffing her hair...

...Oh the glorious fan rage...

Quote:

Dog Days has Cinque though, who has the largest harem yet's the nice guy, so at least they're not following shoujo manga conventions for him
Cinque has the largest harem of friends Because he's such a nice guy

And we all know how Tsuzuki treat nice guys...

Quote:
Now Adele and Valerie on the other hand...
Adults are complicated
Old 2012-08-12, 05:26   Link #1177
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
In this case, it's because she just can't leave him alone for even one second- can't you tell ?
Of course I can tell! That line, "geez, what would you do without me" is usually said by these girls who have relationships with less than noble males

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Maternal feelings can be quite strong. One reason a girl might like a badass.
Whoa..... the guy is a pervert, he peeps on girls and crashes their bath parties, and he sucks the life energy out of girls humans, and he's a badass?

Suddenly I feel overwhelmed with a large amount of confidence. Time for me to try my luck and go out there and look for a magical girl *runs*
Quote:
Asides from the "nice guys end up last" trope, it works in basically the same manner that tsundere females are popular and win many anime romance stories: they may be unruly and seemingly insufferable on the outside, but getting to the soft and caring part underneath is an incredible appeal.
That's one of my favorite parts about this, the "nice guys end up last" bit is like the typical nice husband who is always berated by his wife for being too easy going/laid-back that I sometimes see in anime and manga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
My biggest worry right now: When am I going to either bake or drink the various food references and make reviews about the names of the characters? Writing Noir was difficult enough (but very enjoyable).

*Writes down a schedule*
You have nice worries I'm more worried about actually finding the various foods since I no longer have that baking time I used to have. I probably have to go back to Europe to even find any of these delicacies
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
the mace was hilarious I think it would have been funny if the poor guy got puffballed, and then she'd pick up his puffball carcass and gently hug him

Oh, in my eyes she is sweet
Quote:
Cinque has the largest harem of friends Because he's such a nice guy

And we all know how Tsuzuki treat nice guys...
Wait a minute, Sink practically destroyed his reputation of just being a nice guy, with that somewhat dense question of his when Millimeter went all petting happy on the bed.

And we all know how successful dense male characters are in getting their harems
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:45   Link #1178
sky black swordman

Ok just watch episode 6 it was hilarious.

Quote:
I really was there!
Images
mangatron peeps at the squirrel girls
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hmm I dont want to, but I got to ask what happend after this?
What did do to you after you were stun?
Old 2012-08-12, 06:30   Link #1179
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Whoa..... the guy is a pervert, he peeps on girls and crashes their bath parties, and he sucks the life energy out of girls humans, and he's a badass?

Suddenly I feel overwhelmed with a large amount of confidence. Time for me to try my luck and go out there and look for a magical girl *runs*
Oh mangatron, don't you understand? ANY chump can peep on girls, but it takes a badass to survive it

Now obviously the baddest of them all would be able to get away Scott-free, but that's why he's a Demon King and not a Hero

Quote:
Wait a minute, Sink practically destroyed his reputation of just being a nice guy, with that somewhat dense question of his when Millimeter went all petting happy on the bed.

And we all know how successful dense male characters are in getting their harems
If it was any other show by any other writer yes, but I'm all too familiar with how THIS particular guy rolls
Old 2012-08-12, 06:31   Link #1180
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I have a feeling they may participate in the upcoming war. As least that would make Pastillage more of a threat now than the last war.
Calvados vs Godwin, FUND IT NAO!

Quote:

Oh god, if this is really the case, I'm going to need a lot of blood pouch! Not that there's anything wrong with that

Tags
action, fantasy, sports