AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-02, 10:52   Link #1
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Kage Kara Mamoru! (Guardian Ninja Mamoru!)

I didn't see any posts for this anime in particular, so:

Kage Kara Mamoru! is my choice for super awesome anime this season. For one thing, it has ninjas! Actually, that’s kind of all it has going for it. Oh wait, it also has one of my favorite literary devices, the pun, in it’s title (I think). "Kage Kara Mamoru" translates literally to EDIT: "I protect from the shadows!" The main character’s name is "Kagemori Mamoru" Does anyone know if I'm right in my assumption?

Anyway, from Animenfo:
Quote:
Kagemori Mamoru is a dowdy boy whose hair is disheveled and wearing thick glasses. But actually he is the son of a ninja family. They have protected their neighbor, Konnyaku family, secretly for 400 years. Mamori has also protected the daughter, Konnyaku Yuna, since they were in the kindergarten. When Yuna is in trouble, Mamoru puts on ninja suit quickly, and he turns into a competent ninja to help her.
This seems like a pretty fun anime, and the character designs look pretty cool too. This'll be on my must-watch list for the new season.

EDIT: Here's my first impressions and OP/ED for Kage Kara Mamoru!

Last edited by froinlaven; 2006-01-23 at 21:54. Reason: translation error...
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 11:33   Link #2
NeoSam

Its based on a novel thats published under the seinen(young men's) label MF Bunko J.
For now there 7 volumes released of this novel, here are the covers:

A manga based on the novel started recently serializing in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic Flapper.
For now there is 1 volume released of this seinen manga, here is the cover:

Genre: Seinen, Comedy

MF Bunko J: anything published under this label is aimed at young men.

MF Bunko J = Media Factory Bunko J

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-03-26 at 04:59.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 06:37   Link #3
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
Oh wait, it also has one of my favorite literary devices, the pun, in it’s title (I think). "Kage Kara Mamoru" translates literally to "I’m a shadow (ninja?), so I protect!" The main character’s name is "Kagemori Mamoru" Does anyone know if I'm right in my assumption?
Is that the right translation? I'm not exactly fluent in japanese but I thought the title translated to "Protect from the shadow(s)"
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 09:03   Link #4
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
Is that the right translation? I'm not exactly fluent in japanese but I thought the title translated to "Protect from the shadow(s)"
This sounds closer to me also.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 15:57   Link #5
kimi ga

Send a message via AIM to kimi ga
this anime seems really good. should watch it when it comes out. i should also check out the manga, if there is any way
kimi ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 12:38   Link #6
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Quote:
OH! I guess that could be it too! I was thinking "kara" as in "because" and not the "from" part. Wow, that title makes a lot more sense now! I guess that's why I'm not a fansubber...
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 14:07   Link #7
eggplant
Eggplant

Considering the fact that it's the same Aniplex production (personally don't think that the MF C&D applies here) and has the same timeslot as Ginban Kaleidoscope, a productional nightmare, Kage kara Mamoru! started of well, in the respect that it had the songs and movies ready.

About the songs, well, Nakahara Mai sure is diverse, both as a singer and a seiyuu.
She brings out best of the air headed Yuna.

As for the story, ninjas rule, so you can assume the rest.
Mamoru drinking ramune, I sense some irony in it (childhood friends, neighbors, hmm...)

So why do I feel like I've just watched a reverse mode Koi Koi 7 ?

Oh well, Airi's cute and Itou Miki has another role, so I'm buying the story.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 02:51   Link #8
LynnieS

LOL. A "reverse mode Koi Koi 7". It reminds me of what I had seen of "2x2 = Shinobuden", and not just because of the ninjas. Not really my cup of tea, but will stick it out for another couple of episodes and hope they expand further on the storyline before giving up.

Initial ranking: 2 / 10

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 00:46   Link #9
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

Quote:
Yep.
Kage kara Mamoru! = I'll Protect [You] from the Shadows!

This seems to be a good series and I'll attempt watching it (since my computer can't do Bittorrent). The character design for Mamoru turned out better than I'd imagined, that his swirly coke-bottle glasses really play up the stereotypical nerd image but his wicked cool ninja-ness balances it out. Offhand comment, Mamoru is pretty hot! I'd glomp him.
Yuuna's pink hair and eye shape do bother me, though.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 00:40   Link #10
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

wow I didn't there were Anime version for this novel (I already read the novel until v3) The novel is so funny. anyone know where can I download the episodes
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 04:35   Link #11
nightsky87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288
wow I didn't there were Anime version for this novel (I already read the novel until v3) The novel is so funny. anyone know where can I download the episodes
You could go get the first raw ep over at l33t-raws but other than that, I don't think anyone has subbed it yet (or am I mistaken?). I tried to translate it but I got tired after a few minutes. This is why I try to stay clear of the translator position.

Well anyway, this anime seems to be interesting. I find the characters fun so far and the story itself isn't so bad. Guess I'll have to keep downloading the raws for now.
nightsky87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:27   Link #12
NeoSam

According to Andrewlb's site Kage Kara Mamoru! is a Media Factory title, but its not listed on the anime list of Media Factory site: http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/anime_title.html

The Kage Kara Mamoru! novel is published by Media Factory; its published under the seinen(young men's) label MF Library J (Media Factory Library J), so it could be a Media Factory title, but if it is, why isn't it listed on Media Factory site

Does someone know if this is a Media Factory title or not?
Old 2006-01-13, 19:40   Link #13
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
We have a winnah!

Out of the "light" series of this season, I finally find something that I have absolutely no problems with! XD

This show is just stupidly funny, especially the part where Mamoru went home
and they showed his kunoichi mother and salaryman/shinobi father. XD

The scene where his father took off his tie to reveal full ninja garb had me busting out laughing. ^_^;;

I have to say, it's been a long while since I've seen a character with the stereotypical swirly glasses... Tokyo Underground's the last place I remember seeing it.
It's played to very good effect, though... ^_^;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Sadly, this seems to be the case, judging from the credits. :<
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:50   Link #14
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame
Sadly, this seems to be the case, judging from the credits. :<
Damn it, not again and more manga/novels published by Media Factory are getting animated this year, if all of those are Media Factory titles then then... damn it

I'm still hoping someone will fan*** this anime.
Old 2006-01-13, 23:14   Link #15
Lemon
Tiana Lanster Fangirl

rather enjoyed this, Lemon likes ninjas haha, i love the opening song, rather catchy and cute, i think this just hit the number 1 slot for the current animethat i have watched so far, it seems alot of the new anime i have watched seems to have main male roles with glasses, thats a fun twist, and i like it haha.

i loved the bowling scence, made me laugh.
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 15:33   Link #16
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
ive seen the first two episodes (raw) and it is good
ne one knows if any fansub group will sub this?
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 15:40   Link #17
Srin Tuar
無謀

Hrm, well there is nothing seinen about the anime, imo.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 15:53   Link #18
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Hrm, well there is nothing seinen about the anime, imo.
There's nothing "seinen" about DiGi Charat but it is a seinen manga/anime.

This is a seinen novel/anime just like all the other novels published under MF Library J label.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-01-16 at 16:07.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 04:11   Link #19
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
rather enjoyed this, Lemon likes ninjas haha, i love the opening song, rather catchy and cute, i think this just hit the number 1 slot for the current animethat i have watched so far, it seems alot of the new anime i have watched seems to have main male roles with glasses, thats a fun twist, and i like it haha.

i loved the bowling scence, made me laugh.

Just watched the first episode, and the opening song is the funniest and most horrible song that i ever come across in anime, it nearly suffocates me
It was like listening to a Jpop singer with a loli voice singing baba black sheep. This is the perfect song to shut your annoying sister or brother up
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 02:59   Link #20
deftoned
deftoned, M.A.

Send a message via AIM to deftoned Send a message via MSN to deftoned Send a message via Yahoo to deftoned
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
According to Andrewlb's site Kage Kara Mamoru! is a Media Factory title, but its not listed on the anime list of Media Factory site: http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/anime_title.html

The Kage Kara Mamoru! novel is published by Media Factory; its published under the seinen(young men's) label MF Library J (Media Factory Library J), so it could be a Media Factory title, but if it is, why isn't it listed on Media Factory site

Someone recently posted this in the comments section (Winter 2005/2006 section) on Andrewlb's wiki (Link):

Quote:
Here's the deal with Kage Kara Mamoru/Media Factory. 1) Media Factory website doesn't list Kagemamo as the title they hold the rights for 2) The OP/ED for kagemamo doesn't list Media Factory as production/distribution company. They're mentioned in special thanks section, most probably because 3) another division of Media Factory publishes the Kagemamo novels. That's probably the only reason Media Factory's name is in the kagemamo's website's copyright section. At this point, we should assume that the anime is not Media Factory owned series. -- 2006-01-22 (Sun) 14:15:24
deftoned is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen