AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-08-15, 16:42   Link #1
BlackShinobi07

[Manga]Will we see an Itachi or Yondaime gaiden?

Itachi and Yondaime are two of the most powerful and mysterious characters in the manga. Since many people are saying shippuden is coming to close, is it possible we could see a series dedicated to their past? It would explain a lot and answer many, many questions that have been debated to death. Maybe everything will be explaind in the mangas current continuity, but i think a gaiden for either of these two would be great, especailly Itachi. It could reveal where he always went when he skipped his anbu missions, show his relationship with shisui, how Itachi became so evil, who trained him, when he was recruited into akatsuki, who recruited him, and even why he killed his entier clan without a ceond thought, or if he had a second thought that could be revealed to.
As for yondaime, the questions boiling on everyones mind would finally be answered.

What do you guys think? Also, if there's anyone else who you think deserves a "Kakashi gaden" of their own who is it?

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-08-18 at 22:11.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 17:00   Link #2
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Nobody deserves it. Kakashi's gaiden was to clear up some issues that could point torwards importance later in the series. I don't see why Yondaime would need a gaiden. He's played a little role in Naruto. And Itachi's story will be filled with flashbacks within the anime and manga.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 17:01   Link #3
Ero-Senn1n

Naruto is connected to the 4th, Sasuke to Itachi, i think some serious (3-4-5 chapters long) flashbacks will make the job. I mean their story is connected to the main characters so it will not be in just a gaiden but it will be in the main story itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
Nobody deserves it. Kakashi's gaiden was to clear up some issues that could point torwards importance later in the series. I don't see why Yondaime would need a gaiden. He's played a little role in Naruto. And Itachi's story will be filled with flashbacks within the anime and manga.
LOL, Yondaime created the main character of the story. Even if currently it seems that everything revolves around the Uchiha, but Naruto is not Uchiha and he has a mysterious background. Simply saying that Naruto is a random child just found at the same time and place where the 4th faced the kyuubi is stupid. Kishimoto liked Dragon Ball, there are already many similarities, and we know Goku turns out to be from an alien race. The setup here is the same: we have a child who comes from nowhere, Kishimoto can create a whole background story for Naruto, so that the story returns to Naruto being in the center and Uchiha stuff just close to the center of the story. I can imagine that Naruto is the child of someone from the rain village and Yondaime, as the rain village is a small village near Konoha and currently the story seems to be involving the rain village. The manga is becoming too Uchiha centered, i think now might be the time to balance things out, and to present Naruto's background could be one way to balance it.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2007-08-15 at 17:12.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 17:03   Link #4
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Kakashi Gaiden was in the manga right before the timeskip for a reason. Nuff Said.
Old 2007-08-15, 18:09   Link #5
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
i dont think the kakashi gaiden really had a reason other then to let it be known that a time skip was real and for sure. like a intermission.

it cleared up some questions people had about kakashi on who is obito? how did he get his eye? what made him the man he is today?

if naruto gets another time skip or wants to take a break, im sure we will get another gaiden, but not for itachi, we practically know everything about him. from before he killed his clan and after. unless you want a itachi gaiden about his wacky adventures walking around like he was in lord of the rings.
Old 2007-08-15, 18:22   Link #6
tatami
back in black

we know everything about itachi? his intentions were revealed?or what happended at that night?how he got his MS? how he entered akatsuki? his motives? oh man you know a lot...

yet i dont think we need another gaiden serie...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 18:32   Link #7
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Agreed. In fact I doubt there'll be another gaiden. If Tobi's general body turns out to be Obito's but still be Madara,(i know it makes no sense) then there won't be another gaiden.

Otherwise it's very doubtful.
Old 2007-08-15, 18:47   Link #8
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

This isnt unlikely at all. A Yondaime Gaiden seems possible.
After this revenge is over...can the 3rd season start. With Naruto being a jounin (sensei) and moving to his last part or season ....towards the Hokage title.

It depends on how long Naruto will continue. But i doubt Naruto will become hokage without some decent arcs with him being a jounin sensei.

To clear his lineage, his family tree or whatever you want to call it..would an Yondaime (this guy has got to be related to him (Naruto) in some way) Gaiden be ok.
Old 2007-08-15, 18:49   Link #9
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
we know everything about itachi? his intentions were revealed?or what happended at that night?how he got his MS? how he entered akatsuki? his motives? oh man you know a lot...

yet i dont think we need another gaiden serie...
we do need one, but not of itachi. its already getting explained during the story now. And even now during the story, he pretty gave HIS reasons for why he did what he did. so thats good enough for me. straight from the source until otherwise noted.
Old 2007-08-15, 18:58   Link #10
warmachine v2.0
philisophasizer

IM BAAAACK!!!

I agree with ero-senn1n though.

Spoiler for theory:

dont kno if I need that or not, but since I got banned for NOT using those, Im staying on the safe side.
warmachine v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 19:43   Link #11
Deathwing
what do i know

i hope not itachi's past can be shown through simple flashbacks and yondaime isn't that important of a character he lived, he sealed the fox inside naruto, he died, that does not need a gaiden.
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 20:13   Link #12
warmachine v2.0
philisophasizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
i hope not itachi's past can be shown through simple flashbacks and yondaime isn't that important of a character he lived, he sealed the fox inside naruto, he died, that does not need a gaiden.
WHAT?! Yondaime is extremely important!! He made Naruto what he is today!!
Old 2007-08-15, 20:17   Link #13
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmachine v2.0 View Post
WHAT?! Yondaime is extremely important!! He made Naruto what he is today!!
No Kishi did, don't bend the truth.
Old 2007-08-15, 20:19   Link #14
warmachine v2.0
philisophasizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
No Kishi did, don't bend the truth.
Why thank you for correcting me. Kishimoto made Naruto what he is today!!! And he certainly deserves a gaiden!!!
Old 2007-08-15, 23:46   Link #15
tkdtiger

Well I don't see an Itachi Gaiden appearing. I just don't see the point. We know enough about Itachi and what we don't know will be revealed within the main plot. I could understand a separate story about the 4th, although I personally think that this would be within the main story itself to connect Naruto and the 4th together even more. If there is another time skip I think it would be after Akatsuki, but I think most of what we don't know about the
4th wil be revealed during the battle with Akatsuki. Personally I don't think that Akatsuki will be the last villain group; especially how Kishimoto brought out Kabuto. I think it will be interesting to see what Kish, has planned.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 07:20   Link #16
shadowyondaime
Sponsor: Naughty Konoha!

Send a message via MSN to shadowyondaime
lol if naruto anime is going to be like dbz ( kishi like dbz well untill the frieza saga that is ) there will be at least 3 seasons/sagas and it would be all explained at the end so there will be a yondaime gaiden or some fictional character in naruto will explain everything.
shadowyondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 16:03   Link #17
AnbuItachi

yondaime is nto worth it. hes only a hokage. we should get akatsuki leader gaiden
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 16:24   Link #18
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
yondaime is nto worth it. hes only a hokage. we should get akatsuki leader gaiden
A Kage Ho-Ka-Mizu-Rai is worth alot more then being the leader of a bunch of crimininals. A Kage also carries 1000x more responsibility and has plenty of duties.

So your reason isnt a good one.
Old 2007-08-16, 16:29   Link #19
warmachine v2.0
philisophasizer

AL does not deserve a gaiden. It will probably going to get explained in the main story.

Quote:
Do you realize how dumb that sounds? Thats like me saying, I dont want to know about George Washington. Hes only THE FIRST PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!

Quote:
A Kage Ho-Ka-Mizu-Rai is worth alot more then being the leader of a bunch of crimininals. A Kage also carries 1000x more responsibility and has plenty of duties.

So your reason isnt a good one.
YEAH!!
Old 2007-08-16, 16:36   Link #20
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

No one else deserves a gaiden. Anything else will be flashbacked.