Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-20, 19:13   Link #201
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That episode where Z-w got the thank you gift from Watanuki showed potential there. Plus, he didn't tell the truth about Z-w to Jorougumo. His actions weren't matching his explanations. Sure he follows Himawari around like a puppy but the Z-w interaction is on a more positive level relationship wise. Nothing gets your attention like having someone willing to die for you.
Sounds to me that you're trying to make more out of Watanuki x Zashiki-warashi then there actually is.

Sure they make a cute couple, though it's rather obvious that we won't see anything more from the two as a couple.
Old 2008-04-20, 21:00   Link #202
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Sure they make a cute couple, though it's rather obvious that we won't see anything more from the two as a couple.
Agreed.

Spoiler for loli-chan:
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 22:16   Link #203
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

That's about as much as what all the pairings in this thread are doing. It's all assumptions and hopes until the anime or art from the anime release reveals something.
Old 2008-04-20, 22:52   Link #204
Lycestra
feed me weird things
*Fansubber

Is it just me, or does Yuuko seem to reveal a bit more about what's going on in her mind than normal?

Spoiler for episode 3:
Lycestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 00:29   Link #205
Troilism

I'm so excited for this. XXXholic was superb, and the second season is soooo goooddd so far! I'm just wondering the kind of direction they're going. Anyone read the manga? I was thinking of it because the anime was just so good.
Troilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 00:46   Link #206
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I find Yuko the coolest and hawatest chara in xxxHOLiC : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That episode where Z-w got the thank you gift from Watanuki showed potential there. Plus, he didn't tell the truth about Z-w to Jorougumo. His actions weren't matching his explanations. Sure he follows Himawari around like a puppy but the Z-w interaction is on a more positive level relationship wise. Nothing gets your attention like having someone willing to die for you.
ZW is smitten with Watanuki and Watanuki is aware of it . But Watanuki bieng the simpleton he is, doesnt want to think of the possiblities . Bieng Watanuki he is simply captivated with Himawari . If Watanuki starts thinking about other possiblities ZW and Watanuki may indeed end up together as a couple . But Watanuki has a one track mind . One of the main reasons he cant stand Domeki is because he gets along well with Himawari. If Himawari is completly taken out of picture there is a strong chance , till then I dont think so.

One a different note I just ripped the OP into a mp3/wav and I have been playing the track on repeat .The starting of the song is best part but I dont quite like the ED still
Old 2008-04-21, 01:03   Link #207
Edgewalker
Nani ?

LoL @ GITS SAC cameo.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 01:54   Link #208
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Agreed.

Spoiler for loli-chan:
Spoiler for alternative explanation:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 09:19   Link #209
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycestra View Post
Is it just me, or does Yuuko seem to reveal a bit more about what's going on in her mind than normal?

Spoiler for episode 3:
Spoiler for Episode 03:

& for the perfect example of how much Watanuki cares for people --- forget Zashiki-warashi or anyone else, just remember the Woman from the 'lady in the park' story.
Old 2008-04-21, 09:25   Link #210
FuzzyWuzzy

I seriously doubt watanuki will end up with anyone. I don't read the manga or whatever but this story which is xxxholic really has no romance in it. The only thing that is very close to romance is domeki x watanuki.

Watanuki isn't really the type of character that will have a good romance story. xxxholic will end or finish with Watanuki not going out with anyone other than Domeki.

For the people that find it strange or weird that Watanuki will end up with Zashiki or people downplaying those two being together, I have these things to say to you.

I find it weird and strange that you guys think that there's even a possibility of Watanuki romance in this story that you guys would bash Watanuki x Zashiki because you guys don't see Watanuki ending up with Zashiki. Seriously, he won't end up with anyone.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 09:48   Link #211
Lycestra
feed me weird things
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
[...] xxxholic really has no romance in it.
Okay, while I agree with this statement, there are other partnership things than romance. In particular, the series that popped in my head was You're Under Arrest, season 1. When I saw the end of that, and then reviewed some of the earlier episodes, it seemed as if the two had gone from a pair of almost rookies that needed the dual support, to a tight-knit pair that knows each other's thoughts as soon as they know them themselves, toward enough maturation that they actually have enough competence individually that they could get in each other's way, so they actually weren't in the same car near the end. Still working together, but as a team, not as an inseparable duo.

That sort of partnership could be where Wata/Yuuko/Doumeki/etc are going. Seeing Wata on his own does intrigue me after episode 3.

Spoiler for episode 3:
Lycestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 11:04   Link #212
subiedubidoo
the condemmer

hell yes been waiting for this!!!!!!!!!!
subiedubidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 15:08   Link #213
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troilism View Post
I'm so excited for this. XXXholic was superb, and the second season is soooo goooddd so far! I'm just wondering the kind of direction they're going. Anyone read the manga? I was thinking of it because the anime was just so good.
I was planning on it, but my friend told me not to since id never watched or read tsubasa. Although since this season started I did kinda leaf through the first volumes of both and see what she meant...Figure i'll just read both at once when I get enough free time someday heh.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 16:32   Link #214
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
I was planning on it, but my friend told me not to since id never watched or read tsubasa. Although since this season started I did kinda leaf through the first volumes of both and see what she meant...Figure i'll just read both at once when I get enough free time someday heh.
You can read Holic w/o reading TRC, it can work. It will make a bit more sense of you do read TRC along with it but the nice thing about Holic is it stands alone for most of the manga, whereas TRC kinda needs the Holic crossover parts in some cases.

@Lycestra:
Spoiler for epi 3 stuff:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 00:30   Link #215
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
You can read Holic w/o reading TRC, it can work. It will make a bit more sense of you do read TRC along with it but the nice thing about Holic is it stands alone for most of the manga, whereas TRC kinda needs the Holic crossover parts in some cases.

@Lycestra:
Spoiler for epi 3 stuff:
Hmmm really...Ah well already into this season so ill just wait it out then go buy em up afterwards. Only a few times have I read the manga before or during the anime adaptation and I always end up regretting it.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 01:27   Link #216
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

You dont need to watch TRC to watch XXHolic I started watching xxxHOLiC without watching TRC.Though TRC and xxxHOLiC have some things in common they are two diffrent shows . If your going to watch xxxHOLiC do make an effort to watch the movie
Old 2008-04-22, 08:49   Link #217
beansprouts
五月天

I used to read TRC but gave up after volume 11 or something cause it got too boring for me, it hasn't affected xxxHolic, I haven't detected anything I don't understand so I don't think it will affect anything.

Watched episode three, love the last scene, this is one of my favourite story in the manga, glad to see it animated and the last scene was really good.

Spoiler for Episode 3 and just in case:
beansprouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 12:00   Link #218
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
Maybe Clamp really is saving Watanuki for Doumeki secretly, so no female character will get a piece of Watanuki.
Why are people still thinking this? There's no way CLAMP would do something like that. They'll just leave the fans to play around with the thought, it'll never happen in the series.
Old 2008-04-22, 12:41   Link #219
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
You dont need to watch TRC to watch XXHolic I started watching xxxHOLiC without watching TRC.Though TRC and xxxHOLiC have some things in common they are two diffrent shows . If your going to watch xxxHOLiC do make an effort to watch the movie
Well, the anime xxxHolic intentionally separates itself from its sister franchise, removing all references to them, so yeah.

I hear it's due to licensing issues. Not that I mind, the early appearances of Those Meddling Kids are more like cameo's than anything plot-related anyway, and xxxHolic has always managed to stand on its own much more than TRC -- which in a way is like the ultimate meet-everyone-CLAMP fanservice -- could.

However, the later chapters of the xxxHolic manga [the scanlated ones are faster than the English release, so count that in] gets more confusing without TRC. The current arc (the ultimate loli-chan's arc ) is stand-alone, but some chapters prior to that are totally confusing without TRC; to me at least.
Spoiler for manga:
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 12:57   Link #220
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Why are people still thinking this? There's no way CLAMP would do something like that. They'll just leave the fans to play around with the thought, it'll never happen in the series.
I could see FUNimation having a fit over that scenario. Their cash cow becomes almost worthless in R1 overnight due to shonen ai/yaoi content.

Tags
seinen, supernatural