AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-29, 22:40   Link #23981
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Is it wrong for me to wish she gets at least 40 years in jail if not life?
Old 2012-09-30, 00:22   Link #23982
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You're not the only one.

When it comes to honor killing, I'd be the first to tell such bastards to leave this particular cultural custom at the doorstep when entering Canada. If they have issues with our vision of preserving life above all, I don't give a shit about their culture. From the moment someone is killed whatever the motive is, then I won't mind having them rot in jail for life.
Old 2012-09-30, 05:42   Link #23983
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Meh, if it was up to me, I'd just go with a 9mm round, much quicker and cheaper.
Old 2012-09-30, 06:35   Link #23984
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I would rather go to the 40 years option than the 9mm one. Even with such case there law to follow.
Old 2012-10-01, 02:29   Link #23985
killer3000ad

Abortion clinic's landlord turns tables on anti-abortion protesters
Quote:
Regardless of how you feel about abortion, the way Todd Stave flipped the script on his bullies is pretty dang clever.
It has become routine for protesters to distribute fliers and create Web sites that supply personal information about doctors and encourage others to badger them. Kansas doctor George Tiller was killed in 2009, and the farm of his protege, Carhart, was burned to the ground in 1991.

The tactical decision to focus on a clinic’s landlord was a clever move, although Stave could handle it. He’s pretty tough after all the years in this fight.

But his tormentors crossed the line last fall when a big group showed up at his daughter’s middle school on the first day of classes and again at back-to-school night. They had signs displaying his name and contact information as well as those gory images of the fetuses.

Soon after that, the harassing calls started coming to his home. By the dozens, at all hours. Friends asked him how they could help. He began to take down the names and phone numbers of people who made unwanted calls. And he gave the information to his friends and asked them to call these folks back.

“In a very calm, very respectful voice, they said that the Stave family thanks you for your prayers,” he said. “They cannot terminate the lease, and they do not want to. They support women’s rights.”

This started with a dozen or so friends, and then it grew. Soon, more than a thousand volunteers were dialing.

If they could find the information, Stave’s supporters would ask during the callbacks how the children in the family were doing and mention their names and the names of their schools. “And then,” Stave said, “we’d tell them that we bless their home on such and such street,” giving the address.

The family of a protester who called Stave’s home could get up to 5,000 calls in return.
Old 2012-10-01, 02:57   Link #23986
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

^ To use one adversary's own weapon against them.
Old 2012-10-01, 09:36   Link #23987
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

clever but old news.

i love see the protesters cell phone bill after a couple of thousand calls.
Old 2012-10-01, 10:20   Link #23988
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
clever but old news.

i love see the protesters cell phone bill after a couple of thousand calls.
You don't need one protester to call several hundred times, you just a few hundred to call a few times each once a week and it can be effective in harrassing the crap out of you and it won't cost much since it's being spread out of a large pool of callers.
Old 2012-10-01, 15:46   Link #23989
flying ^

carefree casual d/l-ers & u/l-ers in Japan should think about buying a VPN... starting now

Japan introduces piracy penalties for illegal downloads

Japan-based internet users who download copyright infringing files face up to two years in prison or fines of up to two million yen ($25,700; £15,900).....

omake.......
Old 2012-10-01, 15:56   Link #23990
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
carefree casual d/l-ers & u/l-ers in Japan should think about buying a VPN... starting now

Japan introduces piracy penalties for illegal downloads

Japan-based internet users who download copyright infringing files face up to two years in prison or fines of up to two million yen ($25,700; £15,900).....

omake.......
Question is, how are they going to enforce it? The internet is a big place, and the producers are small companies in the world of MNCs where English is the lingua franca......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-10-01, 16:08   Link #23991
flying ^

you got NPA already patrolling 2ch boards, Share; and word is that the NPA even cracked PerfectDark... one of the most secured p2ps out there.
Old 2012-10-01, 16:46   Link #23992
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
you got NPA already patrolling 2ch boards, Share; and word is that the NPA even cracked PerfectDark... one of the most secured p2ps out there.
Got a cite for that? Reference? ... "word" is just a noise.

The only "crack" is that people are too stupid to disguise filenames using alternative conduits.

I'll do the homework for the rest of us: http://www.privacylover.com/other-pe...user-arrested/

Method - not retouching the content or using derpy open filenames or social engineering .... not exactly "cracking" any more than harvesting IPs on torrent is "cracking". NetAgent can be used for all kinds of network monitoring.
Old 2012-10-01, 18:04   Link #23993
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Still, how are they going to enforce it without blowing their economy apart? It represents close to US$4b of their overseas sales, and being in part of the tech sector, stifling it can kill Japan's electronics exports too.

And if they still fail to raise sales, then what are they going to sue next? Nico?

Note that in the first scene in the Music Moral Keepers' headquarters, it is shadowed by skyscrapers. Aren't skyscrapers symbols of excess corporatism?

The idiots in the Diet need to realise that without the internet, the world's interest in Japan and their products would cease during the lost decade - there is always South Korea to take over them and they will need another Matthew Perry to hit their shores. Won't it be easier to improve the standards of English education in their schools so the anime companies don't have to rely on the outside world to translate the works, and therefore lose market share and control to the internet that quickly?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-10-01, 19:38   Link #23994
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Insight: Azerbaijan eyes aiding Israel against Iran
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88T05L20121001
Old 2012-10-02, 14:33   Link #23995
willx
Nyaaan~~

Not "globally" relevant, but.. Canada's real estate market is starting to turn.

Vancouver housing market plunges further

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-housi...rther-1.980542

FYI, Vancouver inspired this game: http://www.crackshackormansion.com/
Old 2012-10-02, 15:05   Link #23996
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Given than they were still trying to sell as condo the habitaion of the olympic village it isn't much of a surprise.
Old 2012-10-02, 15:10   Link #23997
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Are they attempting to stop people from flying altogether?

Spirit's $100 carry-on fee starts next month

Good grief! I remember when bags were a dime...oh wait...

Endless "I'd rather drive" Soul
Old 2012-10-02, 15:18   Link #23998
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Are they attempting to stop people from flying altogether?

Spirit's $100 carry-on fee starts next month

Good grief! I remember when bags were a dime...oh wait...

Endless "I'd rather drive" Soul
that is nothing, try this

Quote:
It’s become common for airlines to add fuel surcharges onto flight prices. Passengers pay these mandatory charges when they book tickets, which is sometimes months before they fly. During the time between purchase and travel, fuel prices can fluctuate dramatically, of course. To eliminate some of the guesswork involved in figuring out how much to charge each passenger for fuel, one airline is pursuing a new ticket-pricing structure that would give it the option of charging customers extra (or less, possibly) if and when fuel prices change—after the tickets have already been paid for.

http://moneyland.time.com/2012/09/28...purchase-them/
Old 2012-10-02, 15:29   Link #23999
willx
Nyaaan~~

Google Play Books app arrives in Japan, adds translation, place info, highlighting and more

Original Source: Official Android Blog

http://www.2dayblog.com/2012/09/25/g...ting-and-more/
Old 2012-10-02, 15:53   Link #24000
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

1. how is the translation?
2. where are the books?

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international