Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2014-04-08, 21:59   Link #1
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
uhm... help...

my cousin format my 32 gb micro sd after the format the total memory now is 8 gb... can i still recover the 23 gb memory....
Old 2014-04-09, 00:41   Link #2
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

It sounds like a hidden partition was created on your SD card. Try the standard reformat by right-clicking your SD card on your Computer/My Computer window and clicking Format. If that doesn't do the trick, try downloading and running the sdformatter program from the SD website to erase those hidden objects taking up the space.
Old 2014-04-09, 01:05   Link #3
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroi Sekai View Post
It sounds like a hidden partition was created on your SD card. Try the standard reformat by right-clicking your SD card on your Computer/My Computer window and clicking Format. If that doesn't do the trick, try downloading and running the sdformatter program from the SD website to erase those hidden objects taking up the space.
Ty I will try I hope I can recover my total memory space on micro sd
Old 2014-04-09, 01:38   Link #4
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
my cousin format my 32 gb micro sd after the format the total memory now is 8 gb... can i still recover the 23 gb memory....
Yeah, that's always fun. He probably formatted to a weird FAT format that limited your access to only 8 GB (I recall doing this to one of my test flash drives when trying to create a multi-OS-on-a-stick).

The fastest way to fix this is to wipe all the internal partitions and internal volumes on that drive, and then reformat it to FAT32 or ExFAT. This can be done quickly using Ubuntu's included GParted program. I first and foremost suggest Linux for this because the Windows Disk Manager for some reason won't recognize all the volumes (and their partitions) if the drive was formatted in the way the you described. The best Windows alternative that I have found (and personally use) is the MiniTool Partition Wizard (Home Edition), which is free and relatively straight-forward. Just make deathly certain that you have the proper drive selected before you go wiping partitions and volumes, or you can kiss your computer hard drive goodbye.

Hope this helps!