AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-07, 20:55   Link #1
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Kabuto versus Neji

This sounds liek a versus thread( it pretty much is) but since Kabuto is equal to Kakashi and Kakashi is a genius elite ninja which would make him better than Neji then Kabuto should be able to beat Neji. But how would this happen? We saw that Kabuto can regen well and can paralyze limbs and such and isn't bad at tai jutsu and he can do that go into the ground and hit people attack but Neji could see all those things coming with his Byakkugan. The only way id see Kabuto winning is taking a hit and then paralyzing Nejis arm or something but other than that i don't see Kabuto being able to hit Neji.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 21:09   Link #2
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Not that this counts, but in Naruto: NH2 (PS2 game) Neji beats Kabuto, but Kabuto uses his regen then paralyzes Neji when Neji deactivated his Byakugan

Unlike Kabuto, Neji's attacks don't have to be "turned on" before use. I honestly have no clue.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 21:23   Link #3
bricefabber

I'm not sure this will completely answer your question, but one thing you should consider is their speed. Kabuto is Jounin level ninja, while Neji is still a genin with maybe Chuunin level strength. I'm pretty sure that Kabuto is a lot faster than Neji. Neji might be able to see Kabuto's attacks, but may not be able to dodge them all in time. And as we know, one hit from Kabuto's chakra scalpels, and you life is in danger. He could definitely disable Neji, or paralyze him. Plus, he probably has a larger chakra pool than Neji. And there's that regeneration thing too...
bricefabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 21:26   Link #4
Ke0

While true, we really haven't seen Kabuto's hand to hand speed, Not saying he's not fast, but yeah. Even if he is fast, while it's arguable that Neji may not be as fast (which I don't know about, I think is pretty quick) We all know Neji has insanely fast reflexes, just look at his fight with Kidomaru. He also did get a speed increase in his fight against Kidomaru. If you remember right after Neji shot a bolt of chakra through Kido's line, and Kido was falling to the ground, look at the ground Neji covered to reach Kido before he hit the ground.

Last edited by Ke0; 2004-10-07 at 21:43.
Old 2004-10-07, 22:00   Link #5
Jaiven

i dont think kabuto speed whould really do anything cause im pretty sure that rock lee is faster than kabuto. But even Lee couldnt beat neji with his speed so i dont think kabuto can either.

also neji is a tai genius so it whould be hard to even lay a finger on him. but then again i really dont know how stong kabuto is
Jaiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 22:15   Link #6
kboykb

well.. over and over on these threads i've seen it emphasized that Jounins are jounin for a reason. Even though it may seem like Kabuto may not be able to penetrate the Kaiten - I'm sure someone on his level would eventually find a way through it. Yes, Neji is strong - he's really strong for a genin (chuunin power) - - but I don't think he's quite up there with Kabuto yet.

*edit* Plus Kabuto has seen a good bit of Neji's higher level attacks - I'm sure if something like this ever were to happen he'd think of a way around it or through it.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 22:37   Link #7
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
I feel this is no contest. Kabuto would easily dispose of Neji. Perhaps it wouldn't be an immediate thing, but certainly he would experience not much difficulty.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 23:01   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboykb
well.. over and over on these threads i've seen it emphasized that Jounins are jounin for a reason. Even though it may seem like Kabuto may not be able to penetrate the Kaiten - I'm sure someone on his level would eventually find a way through it. Yes, Neji is strong - he's really strong for a genin (chuunin power) - - but I don't think he's quite up there with Kabuto yet.

*edit* Plus Kabuto has seen a good bit of Neji's higher level attacks - I'm sure if something like this ever were to happen he'd think of a way around it or through it.
Yes, jounin are jounin for a reason, but kabuto isn't a jounin. Kabuto is officially a genin, just like Neji. Now Oro says kabuto is about as strong as kakashi, but even if true, Kabuto is still primarily a medic-nin. Neji's most likely better than kabuto in taijutsu and has another advantage with the byakugan, so it comes down to what ninjutsu and genjutsu kabuto knows. Since we haven't seen kabuto use anything other than basic techniques everyone knows and medical jutsu reapplied for combat, we can't say for sure. Yes overall kabuto's probably a great deal stronger, but he really matches up poorly against someone like neji, unless he's hiding something, which everyone assumes, but we really have no evidence for.
Old 2004-10-08, 03:11   Link #9
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Yes, jounin are jounin for a reason, but kabuto isn't a jounin. Kabuto is officially a genin, just like Neji. Now Oro says kabuto is about as strong as kakashi, but even if true, Kabuto is still primarily a medic-nin. Neji's most likely better than kabuto in taijutsu and has another advantage with the byakugan, so it comes down to what ninjutsu and genjutsu kabuto knows. Since we haven't seen kabuto use anything other than basic techniques everyone knows and medical jutsu reapplied for combat, we can't say for sure. Yes overall kabuto's probably a great deal stronger, but he really matches up poorly against someone like neji, unless he's hiding something, which everyone assumes, but we really have no evidence for.
Kabuto is a sound jounin. Why dou you think Kimimaro calls him sensei?
Now...what happened in the Hyuga fight? The jounins jumped in and everyone could see the huge difference between genin and jounin. Kidoumaru nearly killed Neji...if you think Kabuto couldn't kick Neji's ass then you really missed something.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 04:13   Link #10
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

Right Now, Neji is clearly a lot weaker. When you look at Gaara's sand, you'll see how easy Gai ditched it, while it does damage some oen of Genin level. if neji were to grow up however, there wouldn't be many people who can beat him, being the genius he is. He weill definatly grow up to be Sannin-level.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 06:41   Link #11
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Kabuto would win hands down, Kabuto or any other Jounin level ninja would wipe the floor with any gennin, well exept Naruto of course but what do you expect? He is the hero after all.
I personally don't really like Kabuto and I would love to agree with you, but at the end of the day Kabuto is Orochimaru's subordinate, Kakashi refered to him as "What a guy, In the state i'm in right now I prolly couldn't beat him" And he also made Tsunade think twice about him. Simply put Kabuto is a genius and a most worthy opponent to any Jounin, not a Chuunin and definitly not a gennin.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 06:58   Link #12
CyberPunk

i do agree that neji would in the end lose, but i really hate when people use rank as an argument. when applied to konoha's badasses(sasuke, neji, naruto, etc), they really don't mean anything. it's cleary obvious that in terms of skill and power, they are not simply genins. they just lack having passed some test(i'd really like to see the council who deems who's worthy of becoming a chuunin), or in naruto's case, a clear head. in a hypothetical situation to avoid spoilers, say a ninja with a genin's status abandoned konoha and just wandered around the country for a few years being trained by whomever and just became an extremely powerful ninja. would that ninja still be just some genin who a chuunin or jounin could just mop the floor with?

and shay, i like your avatar. is there a bigger version?
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 11:55   Link #13
Ke0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru
Kabuto is a sound jounin. Why dou you think Kimimaro calls him sensei?
Now...what happened in the Hyuga fight? The jounins jumped in and everyone could see the huge difference between genin and jounin. Kidoumaru nearly killed Neji...if you think Kabuto couldn't kick Neji's ass then you really missed something.
Dude Kidomaru would most likely kill Kabuto as well, then add in the fact Kabuto doesn't have Kaiten or the Byakugan.....you're point becomes mute. Kimimaro could be calling Kabuto sensei, since Kabuto is the one trying to heal him, and that he works directly under Orochimaru. He still may not be a Jounin.
Old 2004-10-08, 12:11   Link #14
BrownRukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Dude Kidomaru would most likely kill Kabuto as well, then add in the fact Kabuto doesn't have Kaiten or the Byakugan.....you're point becomes mute. Kimimaro could be calling Kabuto sensei, since Kabuto is the one trying to heal him, and that he works directly under Orochimaru. He still may not be a Jounin.

Have u seen Kabuto's full strength? I think we have enuff resources to see if Kabuto has the strength to beat Kidomaru or Kakashi or any jounin for that fact. But he is stonger then a Genin that is for sure.
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:22   Link #15
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Except in a particular set of events and unpredictable (yet) circumstances due to storyline reasons, Kabuto would most than probably crush Neji.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:36   Link #16
Vong

Rank is a poor judge of strength. We've already seen that there isn't as large as gap as we thought between genin and jounin.

First example was Haku and Zabuza. Zabuza clearly states that Haku would give Kakashi a tougher time than himself.

If you get trapped in a jutsu like Demonic Ice Mirrors... it's not like you can just say... "but wait, I'm a jounin" and get out of it...

So anyhow, rank means absolute crap.

Another example would be Kimi. Kabuto (or was it Oro) clearly states that no one can beat Kimi... I assume that includes Kabuto himself.

So yeah, the divide isn't as great as y'all would like to think.

Also remember that after chuunin exam, Genma told Sasuke that he was already chuunin strength... and that was BEFORE curse seal level 2... and BEFORE 3-dot Sharingan.

If he was chuunin level before... he's gotta be pretty damn near Jounin level now. Which Naruto should be around that level as well... just with more holes in his logic creating more weaknesses and openings for an opponent. But yeah, going by logic, Sasuke should be Jounin strength now if he was already chuunin strength after exam.

------------------------

Now that that's out of the way... I do think Kabuto will win. Kabuto outsmarted Kakashi badly... and although we haven't seen too much of his strengths other than regeneration and some poor taijutsu (he himself admits he is poor at taijutsu)... it's Kabuto's superior intelligence that will pull him through.
Vong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:42   Link #17
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong
If he was chuunin level before... he's gotta be pretty damn near Jounin level now. Which Naruto should be around that level as well... just with more holes in his logic creating more weaknesses and openings for an opponent. But yeah, going by logic, Sasuke should be Jounin strength now if he was already chuunin strength after exam.
You don't know this. Who knows if Kakashi can do 5 Chidoris in one sitting and who knows what else he can do. The gap between Chuunin and Jounin can be quite large. Sasuke hasn't shown me anything new and Naruto althoug he did learn how to do Rasengan he can't do it without a clone helping him (well at least). I don't think Sasuke or Naruto would have a good chance at beating Kabuto or Kakashi. The only reason Kabuto lost to Naruto was that he took Naruto for granted which resulted in his punch getting caught and even then he practically killed Naruto. Like i said before i don't know the extent of Kabutos power but im sure he has something up his sleeve that would result in him beating Neji.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 13:04   Link #18
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Kabuto would just CRUSH Neji
Old 2004-10-08, 13:09   Link #19
kazumaofshellbullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega98767
You don't know this. Who knows if Kakashi can do 5 Chidoris in one sitting and who knows what else he can do.
We know kakashi can do 4 chidoris in a day b/c he says it himself when he was teaching sasuke about it.

Quote:
The gap between Chuunin and Jounin can be quite large. Sasuke hasn't shown me anything new and Naruto althoug he did learn how to do Rasengan he can't do it without a clone helping him (well at least).
Naruto made a one handed rasengan all by himself in the last couple chapter of manga.

Quote:
I don't think Sasuke or Naruto would have a good chance at beating Kabuto or Kakashi. The only reason Kabuto lost to Naruto was that he took Naruto for granted which resulted in his punch getting caught and even then he practically killed Naruto.
Naruto's new found kyuubi powers has a really good chance beating kabuto. As far as we have seen kabuto is a close range medic nin. Sasuke with his 3-dot sharingan couldn't predict what would naruto do than I would say that kabuto has no chance in hell trying to avoid naruto's chakra attacks or getting close enough to land one of the deadly hits on his heart/nervous system. Also naruto can summon gamabunta who would just sit on kabuto

As for sasuke, he can see exactly where kabuto is going and predict where he will be so all sasuke has to do is turn on CSL 2, sharingan and powerup a chidori and blow up kabuto's head when he tries to attack him :P

Quote:
Like i said before i don't know the extent of Kabutos power but im sure he has something up his sleeve that would result in him beating Neji.
I am pretty sure we have already seen everything there is to kabuto.

Sorry to burst ppl's bubble but kabuto isn't a double spy with his own agenda or the leader of akatsuki.

Forgot to say that kabuto and neji fight can go either way since they are both mainly taijutsu fighters. We have yet to see neji and kabuto use any ninjutsu.
kazumaofshellbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 14:06   Link #20
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Kabuto would just CRUSH Neji
True. It's that simple. Yet some guys are so...
Now who said Kidoumaru would beat Kabuto? Sure thing...I guess you just don't want to understand the different power level.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote