AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-06-26, 20:23   Link #281
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Unfortunately the gloss and grit died with Gundam 0083. THAT is the type of animation style that would best serve THE ORIGIN... Not this wishywashy piss poor styling for Gundam Unicorn.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 07:31   Link #282
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Unfortunately the gloss and grit died with Gundam 0083. THAT is the type of animation style that would best serve THE ORIGIN... Not this wishywashy piss poor styling for Gundam Unicorn.
eh?! Unicorn is feisty for the eyes O.o
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 12:37   Link #283
JC...
I am a Pie

I think 0080 is nice, it has a classic feel without looking crappy. I still like Unicorn though, amazing detail, don't think The Origin will be as detailed though.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 13:03   Link #284
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
don't think The Origin will be as detailed though.
I'm curious as to why you say this? Is it because UC79 isn't as "flashy" looking as UC96? I mean, if Origin turns out to be just a TV series, then you're probably looking at production values slightly better than 00 (which isn't a bad thing at all for a TV series). But if Origin happens to be an OAV series or film(s), then you're looking at even more of a budget than what Unicorn has, especially if it's the latter. And while a large budget certainly doesn't equate to automatic quality, Sunrise strikes me as the type of studio that generally doesn't waste their $$$.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 15:31   Link #285
JC...
I am a Pie

I guess it depends if it overlaps with Uniconr, and wether it's a series or not.

Hmm. I wonder what they could be up to. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be something like 0083, an OVA of short episodes with a compilation movie.
Old 2011-06-27, 15:41   Link #286
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
I guess it depends if it overlaps with Uniconr, and wether it's a series or not.

Hmm. I wonder what they could be up to. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be something like 0083, an OVA of short episodes with a compilation movie.
Right, right.

It's all speculation at this point, but I guess one of the reasons I have a feeling it's going to be something bigger than just a series, is the quote from Gundam Ace. Saying this will be "the new standard" leads me to believe they're gonna attempt to take Gundam to a new level of quality. That's my interpretation, anyway.
Old 2011-06-27, 19:13   Link #287
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Sunrise strikes me as the type of studio that generally doesn't waste their $$$.
Gundam Seed Destiny says otherwise...

Though that's a different Sunrise studio than the team that makes the UC shows.
Old 2011-06-27, 19:15   Link #288
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Gundam Seed Destiny says otherwise...

Though that's a different Sunrise studio than the team that makes the UC shows.
I never got around to watching SEED Destiny (SEED was bad enough for me).
Old 2011-06-27, 21:41   Link #289
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
I never got around to watching SEED Destiny (SEED was bad enough for me).
Seed was the same, to a lesser extent. Fukuda mentioned in an interview that the budget for the series was double that of a typical anime series... Meanwhile the show itself was full of static frames, recycled animation, and flashbacks.
Old 2011-06-27, 22:00   Link #290
Isegrim

Unfortunately, the August issue of Gundam Ace doesn't tell more information than the announcement of the Origin anime ("as soon as there's new information you will read it in this magazine"). After the last chapter of Origin, an interview with Yasuhiko and Kaiji Kawaguchi, mostly about the depiction of war in manga and anime is attached. A new Zeta manga (Define Zeta) started, the first chapter follows the anime so far. There are two interviews with Shuichi Ikeda, one in regard of the Zeta manga and one in regard of the CCA manga. Seeing that they give him so much coverage makes it really hard to imagine that they would cast a new VA for Char.
Ah, and this time on "Please tell me, I'm Tomino" - on the way to the technology of the Gundam age: An interview with Tomino and professor Yamane of the Tokyo City University about cars fueled by hydrogen.
Old 2011-06-28, 01:37   Link #291
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Here's the first production photo for the fourth volume of 'Gundam Unicorn' via the official Twitter:

Spoiler for Battle of Dakar?:

Looks pretty photoreal for an animation, but I do recall the producer saying some new techniques were being used for the fourth volume, including switching over integration tech, as well as using new lighting and different thruster shades, or something along those lines.
Old 2011-06-28, 02:36   Link #292
rakusukira

Quote:
Here's the first production photo for the fourth volume of 'Gundam Unicorn' via the official Twitter:

Spoiler for Battle of Dakar?:

Looks pretty photoreal for an animation, but I do recall the producer saying some new techniques were being used for the fourth volume, including switching over integration tech, as well as using new lighting and different thruster shades, or something along those lines.
this.

ask them to release a trailer and quick!! my anticipation is killing me!!
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 12:45   Link #293
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
this.

ask them to release a trailer and quick!! my anticipation is killing me!!
I have a hunch that the trailer will be coming by this weekend or following right after the weekend. I don't have any info to base that on, other than the Anime Expo going on this weekend, which will have many Gundam panels, including a UC96 panel on Sunday, so you'd figure something has to be coming soon. It's just a gut feeling more than anything, but you'd figure with an Autumn release, even if it's not til' October or November, that's only three to four months away, so we should get something soon. Anyway, here's a production sketch for volume 4:

Spoiler for Zaku canon?:
Old 2011-06-28, 13:05   Link #294
JC...
I am a Pie

looks like the Zaku Mariner. Maybe it's some sort of custom. Looks cool.
Old 2011-06-30, 07:14   Link #295
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
looks like the Zaku Mariner. Maybe it's some sort of custom. Looks cool.
its the zaku cannon

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 11:55   Link #296
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Just a quick update, it looks like I'm wrong on a trailer prediction. The UC96 Facebook page stated a trailer for the fourth volume won't be at the Anime Expo this weekend. Weak.

I'm hoping it's a smokescreen and they're saying that just to throw people off.
Old 2011-06-30, 12:14   Link #297
JC...
I am a Pie

Probably had delays due to power shortages etcetera. I remember one of the people saying it would be a busy summer.

Cool Zaku Cannon.
Old 2011-06-30, 12:29   Link #298
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Yeah, I was just going to say that. The unfortunate earthquake/tsunami disaster probably caused a delay.

There's going to be a new 'Gundam Age' trailer at the Expo for those who care.

I'm hoping we'll get at least a little bit more info on the animated version for 'Gundam: The Origin.'
Old 2011-07-04, 04:05   Link #299
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Yeah, I was just going to say that. The unfortunate earthquake/tsunami disaster probably caused a delay.

There's going to be a new 'Gundam Age' trailer at the Expo for those who care.

I'm hoping we'll get at least a little bit more info on the animated version for 'Gundam: The Origin.'

Part of me thinks any real noteworthy news on Origin is far off. They haven't picked out a format yet.

I give it another like...2-3 months before we get a release date and or format announcement. And another year before any footage.

I hate waiting.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 07:44   Link #300
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Part of me thinks any real noteworthy news on Origin is far off. They haven't picked out a format yet.

I give it another like...2-3 months before we get a release date and or format announcement. And another year before any footage.

I hate waiting.
Hopefully the timeframe is similar to Unicorn's... That was first officially announced in Gundam Ace in April 2009, then the format was announced in August, and the first OVA came out in Feb/March 2010.

Then again, this seems to be in pre-production right now, and if they decide that these will be theatrical movies, we might be getting a Evangelion Rebuild kind of release schedule, which would majorly suck (like 7+ years for everything to be released from point of announcement, if not worse)