AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-21, 10:25   Link #2021
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Okay but how come shirou can trace avalon??

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 10:31   Link #2022
rastilin

No clue, probably because he has a contract with Saber at the time.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 10:42   Link #2023
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
It does, even rider in Fate/Stay has magic resistance. Now that Virtualbox is working, I can prove it too.
Mind telling me what virtualbox is??

Old 2008-06-21, 11:01   Link #2024
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny b View Post
ah a paradox
but for ilya to sense shirou based on his command mantra, his wasnt activated until the next day?
to be precise the next night, but if the blood seeping out in the morning could be taken into consideration then morning.
Illya can sense the command mantra when they are embedded AND activated. That's why she told Shirou 'if you don't summon it, you'll die' when she sensed the non-activated command mantra, and ordered Berserker to attack when he sensed Shirou's command mantra activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
And the servant meet their end when they meet Iskander right?
Yes.

Quote:
Why does Iskander have a D-rank magic resistance?I thought Rider class does not have magic resistance?
Not neccessary--any classes can have magic resistance based upon the hero they were once. However, Saber class servants receives a special bonus where the will definitely have high magic resistance.

Quote:
How strong is a C-rank magic resistance?
Enough to completely nullify Rin's attacks, and partially reduce the harm from Caster's attacks.

Quote:
Iamandragon you once said shirou will grow to be 10 times stronger than archer in UBW route.In what way do you mean strong? His strength or what??
His mind--did I really say 10 times? Maybe that's an exaggeration.

Quote:
Can archer traced avalon like shirou did?
Given enough mana and the blueprints, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
No. The UBW can only trace items of A++ rank or lower. It can't copy anything of EX rank. Avalon is EX rank.

Spoiler for Avalon:
There is no limit in what UBW can trace as long as Archer/Shirou knows the target, have enough mana, and can find the material for it. Since Archer can trace Excalibur, Avalon, also made by the faries, which are of the same material, is possible to be traced. However, he just doesn't have enough mana for that.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 11:05   Link #2025
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
There is no limit in what UBW can trace as long as Archer/Shirou knows the target, have enough mana, and can find the material for it. Since Archer can trace Excalibur, Avalon, also made by the faries, which are of the same material, is possible to be traced. However, he just doesn't have enough mana for that.
And how does that explain shirou's traced avalon?Archer has 40 times the mana as shirou.

Old 2008-06-21, 11:06   Link #2026
rastilin

Quote:
Mind telling me what virtualbox is??
With the power of virtualization. It lets you execute an Operating System like an application inside another operating system. It uses a driver to execute the guest system's code directly on the processor, so you can use it to play games that don't involve 3d acceleration, or use MS word for that matter.

I use it because I run Linux as a desktop and Fate doesn't run on Linux. Allow me to demonstrate...

Spoiler for Virtualization in Action:

It saves me having to actually run the abomination that is Windows Vista.
Old 2008-06-21, 22:24   Link #2027
kaizer63

Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
And how does that explain shirou's traced avalon?Archer has 40 times the mana as shirou.
I'm guessing Shirou can trace Avalon because he was aware it was inside of him and even once it was removed it had been such a vital part of his being that he knows it better than any other NP he's seen. I'm not sure if Archer ever knew it was in him or not. And even if he did, he doesn't have the advantage of sticking around after blowing that much mana. Shirou completely overloads his circuits to trace Avalon--such a thing would cause Archer to disappear so it wouldn't really help him anyways.
Old 2008-06-21, 22:50   Link #2028
rastilin

Quote:
I'm guessing Shirou can trace Avalon because he was aware it was inside of him and even once it was removed it had been such a vital part of his being that he knows it better than any other NP he's seen. I'm not sure if Archer ever knew it was in him or not. And even if he did, he doesn't have the advantage of sticking around after blowing that much mana. Shirou completely overloads his circuits to trace Avalon--such a thing would cause Archer to disappear so it wouldn't really help him anyways.
That's a good explanation, although I'm certain Archer knew that he had it because he specifically mentions this to Shirou.

More to the point, I know that UBW can only trace A++ rank items because it's mentioned in the description. Archer cannot replicate anything he doesn't understand the concept of and UBW lets him instantly comprehend the concept of any A++ weapons or lower.

Spoiler for Archer:

Of course if he were in contact with something of EX rank, that might very well be different.
Old 2008-06-22, 00:39   Link #2029
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Archer is only capable of tracing weapons that has the output of A++ rank because of his 'down rank sickness'--An A++ rank output traced weapon can only be achieved by tracing an EX rank weapon, which when downgraded, is A++. So far there is no any weapon higher than EX rank so UBW's maximum rank is A++.

As for Shirou tracing Avalon, one thing is because he just too Avalon out the day before, so his magic circuits in him still take the shape of it, allowing Shirou to effortlessly trace Avalon(he skipped all steps of tracing). For Archer, it has been many years that Avalon has left his body, and his magic circuits no longer remember its shape.
Old 2008-06-22, 02:31   Link #2030
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

One question. Under a normal magician Iamandragon claimed Saber can do 3 excallibur- beam.Which means her prana is 3000+.What about other servant. Do their mana goes up too?

Old 2008-06-22, 11:22   Link #2031
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Their mana income increases with better magicians as masters, but their mana reserve does not.
Old 2008-06-22, 12:37   Link #2032
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Whats the difference between mana income and mana difference?

Old 2008-06-22, 15:16   Link #2033
kaizer63

Exactly what it sounds like. Each servant can only hold so much mana total while the income is how much mana the master can actually supply the servant with. Saber, under a good master, can hold I think 3000 mana or something like that while under Shirou she's only being provided with around 1300 or so. Shirou, as a pretty bad magus, cannot give her more than that as it's beyond his capacity. Rin, on the other hand can give Saber enough to use Excalibur twice, which takes somewhere in the nature of 1000 mana. Regardless of how much the master can give her she can still never go beyond 3000.
Old 2008-06-22, 20:47   Link #2034
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer63 View Post
Exactly what it sounds like. Each servant can only hold so much mana total while the income is how much mana the master can actually supply the servant with. Saber, under a good master, can hold I think 3000 mana or something like that while under Shirou she's only being provided with around 1300 or so. Shirou, as a pretty bad magus, cannot give her more than that as it's beyond his capacity. Rin, on the other hand can give Saber enough to use Excalibur twice, which takes somewhere in the nature of 1000 mana. Regardless of how much the master can give her she can still never go beyond 3000.
That's slightly off, but close nonetheless. Saber can always hold the same maximum mana of 1,000 regardless of her master. Though when Shirou returns Avalon she managed to increase her maximum mana cap to 3,000.
Old 2008-06-22, 22:10   Link #2035
kaizer63

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
That's slightly off, but close nonetheless. Saber can always hold the same maximum mana of 1,000 regardless of her master. Though when Shirou returns Avalon she managed to increase her maximum mana cap to 3,000.
I can't remember the number under Kiritsugu, but according to Fuyuki under Shirou Saber has about 1200-1300 total mana capacity, 1500 under Rin and 4500 under Sakura. And each Exacliblast costs 700-800 and she could use it three times under Kiritsugu so she'd have at least 2100 mana under him. Regardless, the mana capacity does change depending on who the Master is.
Old 2008-06-23, 11:27   Link #2036
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Excalibur costs 1000 mana according to what Saber said. I don't remember anywhere saying Saber can hold more with different masters. The new Fuyuki is not as trustful as the old one, as many entries have been modified and does not contain references.
Old 2008-06-23, 12:47   Link #2037
kaizer63

I used the old Fuyuki. It still exists using the web archive.

http://web.archive.org/web/200705110...om/Magic#Prana

That should be helpful to you as well Blade_Lord. It's a little hard to navigate, but if you want info on FSN that that's the place.
Old 2008-06-24, 01:10   Link #2038
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Does Saber die after the end of this show or does she just fall unconscious..

And is there any plans to animate Fate/hollow ataraxia...?

And are their any differences between the anime and game of Fate/stay night...and is it worth it to play the game after watching the anime?
Old 2008-06-24, 04:00   Link #2039
rastilin

Quote:
Does Saber die after the end of this show or does she just fall unconscious..
She dies, her contract with the grail was the only thing keeping her alive. Without it, she dies.

Quote:
And is there any plans to animate Fate/hollow ataraxia...?
No, and that's probably for the best.

Quote:
And are their any differences between the anime and game of Fate/stay night...and is it worth it to play the game after watching the anime?
There are MASSIVE differences between the anime and the games; of course it's worth it. The games are huge and cover stuff that was only barely touched on in the series. Not to mention the first game goes over three possible scenarios of the grail war whereas the anime only goes through one and imports scenes from the others.

Some changes...

* Rule breaker can transfer control over any servant it hits; during the second play through, Caster keeps taking extra servants under her. Including Saber and Archer.
* When the line comes "Caster, you should kill them outright instead of just making them sleep, that would be easier for all of us.", it's Archer (the red one) and not Kuzuki who says it.
* Archer is non-nerfed like in the anime.
* When Caster starts getting weak, Archer kills her and takes over as main Villain.
* You find out how the non-mage Kuzuki got a servant.
* How the non-mage Shinji got his servant.

So yes, it's worth playing because it's far better than the anime.
Old 2008-06-24, 04:48   Link #2040
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
There are MASSIVE differences between the anime and the games; of course it's worth it. The games are huge and cover stuff that was only barely touched on in the series. Not to mention the first game goes over three possible scenarios of the grail war whereas the anime only goes through one and imports scenes from the others.

Some changes...

* Rule breaker can transfer control over any servant it hits; during the second play through, Caster keeps taking extra servants under her. Including Saber and Archer.
* When the line comes "Caster, you should kill them outright instead of just making them sleep, that would be easier for all of us.", it's Archer (the red one) and not Kuzuki who says it.
* Archer is non-nerfed like in the anime.
* When Caster starts getting weak, Archer kills her and takes over as main Villain.
* You find out how the non-mage Kuzuki got a servant.
* How the non-mage Shinji got his servant.

So yes, it's worth playing because it's far better than the anime.
More like there are alternative routes you can take. The anime only animated the Fate route(first route) and mixed a little bit of the other two route, which caused some things to not make sense. The game, on the other hand, tells a much greater tale, but it takes quite long to finish playing it. One of the longest Visual Novel I have seen so far.