AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-06-29, 09:00   Link #41
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnous View Post
Not sure if it's allowed to post those sites here. Anyway, check your PM >_>;.

Thanks. Yeah, PM is the way to go, for these kinds of sites

Thanks stark, as well...although for one of those sites I'm glad I made sure my browser security settings were set pretty high.

Last edited by Onniguru; 2007-06-29 at 09:25.
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 11:03   Link #42
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by erusupaasu View Post
Share works perfectly fine in Vista.
Heh, I recently figured that out too... Share didn't work with some beta builds of Longhorn/Vista.
Old 2007-06-29, 11:22   Link #43
Dnous
wut

... you do know that's just plain stupid? Saying something doesn't work because it didn't work on a beta. Do some research before you're gonna reply =.=.
Dnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 12:20   Link #44
Twice Twisted
Disabled By Request

I tried last version, which are still marked as "testing" and I don't know how to use it. I tried use it like Winny or Share, but no result :-(
Twice Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 00:36   Link #45
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
My Winny nodelist is about 2 years old now... I need to get a good up to date one.

PD... doesn't seem to... appeal to me much. *kicks it*
Old 2007-07-05, 01:25   Link #46
Starks
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKaizer View Post
My Winny nodelist is about 2 years old now... I need to get a good up to date one.

PD... doesn't seem to... appeal to me much. *kicks it*
A good nodelist updates itself doesn't it?
Old 2007-07-05, 07:12   Link #47
Dnous
wut

Well, I only know one site where they now post new nodes. I'll PM you the link.
Dnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 16:02   Link #48
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I started playing with perfect dark it seems ok format. I like how the top and bottom screen can be switched around at any time.

the font is pretty small though. and CPU usage might be high on older computers.

is the nodes list really updating itself or was that a joke?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 17:43   Link #49
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Uh. The point of Share, Winny and (presumably) Perfect Dark is that they are all true peer-to-peer networks with no central controlling server (like, for example, a BT tracker). The list of nodes is just a list of other peers in the network. Once you are connected to just one peer/node to start off with, the client will get lists of other peers/nodes/whatever to connect to from that peer. Hence you only really need the online nodelist once; the first time you set up the program, so it can "bootstrap" itself into the network. To compare with BT: every client is also a tracker. If the client didn't exchange network info with other clients, you'd have Direct Connect except with no hubs, no file lists and no usernames, only hashes. Which would be kinda useless.

tl;dr: you only need the nodelist to get in contact with someone who's already connected to the network; once you are connected to one node, your client will automagically find and connect to others.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 17:20   Link #50
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
<--- case in point

I haven't touched my nodelist file in couple of years, and I'm still going strong on both winny and share. PD should be the same way too.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 20:37   Link #51
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I have decided JP P2P is a bit mentally impaired.

I don't like having numerous incomplete files being stuck in my download folder for days on end. I just want one complete file, and that's it.
Old 2007-07-07, 21:35   Link #52
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

No, it's not mentally impaired, it's actually a quite ingenious way to have a distributed network with millions of users and billions of files without any central coordination whatsoever.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 03:22   Link #53
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
I have decided JP P2P is a bit mentally impaired.

I don't like having numerous incomplete files being stuck in my download folder for days on end. I just want one complete file, and that's it.
It's the way their network works, you can have partial files for months before you complete it in some cases. If you need complete files on a timeline, you'd probably be better off looking for a BT or DD of the said files.

I find it's only really a pressing issue if you have hard drive limitations
Old 2007-07-09, 11:53   Link #54
Fatsobob
Retired
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Fatsobob Send a message via MSN to Fatsobob
Since I cannot understand the Japanese language and I hate memorizing layouts, is there any information/hope of a sort of localization for PD like Share had? A yes or a no will do.
Old 2007-07-09, 13:16   Link #55
silverado

You can find a Perfect Dark tutorial on jCafe. It's quite reliable in finding manga raws. All my downloads are often finished after a few hours. (Can't say that from Winny or Share). Regular software updates and less fake results contribute to the overall positive feeling of Perfect Dark.

Last edited by silverado; 2007-07-09 at 13:31.
silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 13:51   Link #56
Skyward
Oblivious
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatsobob View Post
Since I cannot understand the Japanese language and I hate memorizing layouts, is there any information/hope of a sort of localization for PD like Share had? A yes or a no will do.
As of right now, Perfect Dark has the localization hard coded the same way WinNY does. Maybe in a future version, there will be a localization file, but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited by Skyward; 2007-07-10 at 10:40. Reason: Spelling is an evil creation
Skyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 14:05   Link #57
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

are files being downloaded automatically show up in query results available for share among other users like torrents?

I noticed in SHARE ex2 that the cache folder is seperate from the upload folder. I wasn't sure if people had access to that immediately in perfect dark.
Old 2007-07-09, 15:52   Link #58
Skyward
Oblivious
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
are files being downloaded automatically show up in query results available for share among other users like torrents?

I noticed in SHARE ex2 that the cache folder is seperate from the upload folder. I wasn't sure if people had access to that immediately in perfect dark.
Perfect Dark's cache folder is the "Unity" folder in your PD directory, though I have no idea how the network behaves regarding partial downloads. I believe that files are added manually in perfect dark rather than dumping them in an upload folder like share and winny. However i'm not sure because I haven't tried uploading anything to the network yet.
Skyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 10:33   Link #59
Starks
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
You can find a Perfect Dark tutorial on jCafe. It's quite reliable in finding manga raws. All my downloads are often finished after a few hours. (Can't say that from Winny or Share). Regular software updates and less fake results contribute to the overall positive feeling of Perfect Dark.
PD and its users are a bit slower on the draw for new releases... I can get them much earlier on Winny and Share still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
As of right now, Perfect Dark as the localization hard coded the same way WinNY does. Maybe in a future version, there will be a localization file, but I wouldn't count on it.
It can probably be resource hacked in a matter similar to Winny b6.6...

At any rate, we should ask in the PD mission threads on 2ch.net. Kaichou (PD dev) lurks around there.
Old 2007-07-14, 13:11   Link #60
Starks
*Scanlator

Okay guys... Massive discovery.

As I posited, Perfect Dark can be resource hacked rather easily. (I used XN Resource Editor on perfect dark.exe)

Things I was able to change.

*Fonts
*Font size
*Languages
*Icons
*Dialogs

Last edited by Starks; 2007-07-14 at 13:38.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p2p, perfect dark