AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-19, 14:59   Link #361
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
hm..I don't think their is a manga, I'm not so sure though. I know Da Capo was based of a popular Bishojo PC game.
I think by the "manga" he means the "D.C.~da capo~" manga that is currently serialized in Comptiq magazine. Of course, this is not the original base for the anime, as the base was the PC game (and to a certain extent, the D.C.P.S. PS2 game)
Old 2004-01-19, 18:02   Link #362
chickenfeather

Send a message via AIM to chickenfeather
Just started watching this series... Does anyone here think Miharu looks just like Akane from KGNE?
Old 2004-01-19, 18:05   Link #363
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfeather
Just started watching this series... Does anyone here think Miharu looks just like Akane from KGNE?
Well now do you mention it maybe a little when Akane was younger. Their personality is totally different though.
Old 2004-01-19, 19:22   Link #364
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfeather
Actually, when I first played the game, the first thing that popped into my head by doing Miharu's scenario was "HMX-12 Multi."
Old 2004-01-19, 20:33   Link #365
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

And the next episode is taking a LOOOOONNG time....
Old 2004-01-19, 20:54   Link #366
EternalBlue
☼~永遠なる青~☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
And the next episode is taking a LOOOOONNG time....

Keeps the suspense up doncha think ^_~
Old 2004-01-19, 22:56   Link #367
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalBlue
Keeps the suspense up doncha think ^_~
RRRRaaaaarrrggghh

*snaps EternalBlue in half and feeds him to all the rabid otakus outside the window*

Old 2004-01-20, 01:26   Link #368
theMug
AonE Staff

To the question if AonE (or MonE respectively) will continue to do the manga: yes we will. It has been slower as expected as the new shows of this season take their toll and also wrapping up of the anime has a higher priority for now. But it will continue, and hopefully with a faster pace
Old 2004-01-20, 01:51   Link #369
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMug
To the question if AonE (or MonE respectively) will continue to do the manga: yes we will. It has been slower as expected as the new shows of this season take their toll and also wrapping up of the anime has a higher priority for now. But it will continue, and hopefully with a faster pace
Yay, good news! Thanks a lot!

And, we're obviously very much looking forward to seeing episode 26 (as you can see in this thread, some of us are growing just a little restless... poor EternalBlue never knew what was coming...), but it's more important that it gets done right. Thanks for all your hard work!
Old 2004-01-20, 02:47   Link #370
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Actually, when I first played the game, the first thing that popped into my head by doing Miharu's scenario was "HMX-12 Multi."
Me too. I saw the anime To Heart before Da Capo.

When I saw the Miharu replacement robot in the 2nd episode, I immediately exclaimed 'Multi again!'.

Not only that, Suginami in Da Capo have some annoying similarities to Taishi in Comic Party! Both of them are weird, and they even sound alike.

Taishi/Suginami makes me wonder if bishoujo games derive the same side-character 'characteristics'. It's either a normal male sidekick (samples include To Heart, KGNE), or a weird male sidekick (Comic Party, Da Capo).

Last edited by bluemist; 2004-01-20 at 02:58.
Old 2004-01-20, 23:55   Link #371
EternalBlue
☼~永遠なる青~☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Yay, good news! Thanks a lot!

And, we're obviously very much looking forward to seeing episode 26 (as you can see in this thread, some of us are growing just a little restless... poor EternalBlue never knew what was coming...), but it's more important that it gets done right. Thanks for all your hard work!
Yea some of us are kinda restless.

Shinova:
I OBJECT!! I'd much rather be eaten by a rabbit or something

Quote:
Awesome. I hope you guys finish 26 soon. We're all a waiting hehe. Good luck on any other subbing you're doing too ^^
Old 2004-01-21, 01:27   Link #372
theMug
AonE Staff

Plenty of new shows so work doesn't get less But there is nothing which really fills the void of DaCapo ending. Which is why I'm glad that a little of it continues with the manga.

I'm sorry that I can't give you an ETA for 26 but that would be unfair to you as all kind of things can go wrong, even at the last minute. All I can say is, hopefully soon.
Old 2004-01-21, 01:54   Link #373
vio5555

Quote:
Plenty of new shows so work doesn't get less But there is nothing which really fills the void of DaCapo ending. Which is why I'm glad that a little of it continues with the manga.

I'm sorry that I can't give you an ETA for 26 but that would be unfair to you as all kind of things can go wrong, even at the last minute. All I can say is, hopefully soon.
Dont worry about it, whenever you get it done is good,
Old 2004-01-21, 03:26   Link #374
WeeJie354
D.N.Angel FoReVeR

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the Meaning of this!!! >>(will continue to do the manga)<<
where can i find the Manga.....i dun know who say dun have manga.... and where can i find the manga...
Old 2004-01-21, 04:03   Link #375
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJie354
Quote:

What is the Meaning of this!!! >>(will continue to do the manga)<<
where can i find the Manga.....i dun know who say dun have manga.... and where can i find the manga...
I don't know info where to buy the manga outside of Japan. But, here are the info for D.C. manga:

First of all, by now you all should know that the original story is from CIRCUS' PC-game "D.C.~da capo~," released in 2002. The artist is veteran CG artist, Ms. Nanao Naru

link to CIRCUS: http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp

"D.C.~da capo~" manga is serialized on Newtype Magazine's sister magazine, Comptiq Magazine (think "Newtype Magazine," made to cover bishoujo games). The serialization began early 2003 as "D.C.~da capo~" was the largest ero-game hit for 2002. The manga is done by Ms. Tanihara Natsuki. It is still in serialized continuation, with the first volume recently released. 100,000 copies of the manga have been sold already.

link to Comptiq: http://www.comptiq.com/
link to manga: http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/topics/dc_comics1.htm
link to special shikishi commemorating 50,000 copies of D.C.P.S. game sold and 100,000 copies of D.C. manga sold: http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/kinensikisi.htm
Old 2004-01-21, 04:12   Link #376
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJie354
ic.....where can i find the preview or anything about the D.C ~Da Capo~ pc game?
I remember seeing the torrent for the game a long time ago but the damn thing was like 4 GB so I didn't bother to download it (I'm starting to wish I had!), but I did see a zip file containing the the games CG pics. Anyway, it's like ages since I saw Da Capo. I'm stilling waiting for Soldats to get past episode 20...they're killing me here. From all the posts I've just read it seems like Da Capo turned out to be another heart breaker in the end.
Old 2004-01-21, 10:46   Link #377
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
I remember seeing the torrent for the game a long time ago but the damn thing was like 4 GB so I didn't bother to download it (I'm starting to wish I had!), but I did see a zip file containing the the games CG pics. Anyway, it's like ages since I saw Da Capo. I'm stilling waiting for Soldats to get past episode 20...they're killing me here. From all the posts I've just read it seems like Da Capo turned out to be another heart breaker in the end.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-21, 15:39   Link #378
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I'm really dying to see the last episode, but I have a feeling that when I see it it's gonna rip my heart out, throw it on the ground, stomp on it for a while, then give it back just so it can do it all over again. So when's the heart wrenching begin? J/K
Old 2004-01-21, 16:07   Link #379
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
So when's the heart wrenching begin? J/K
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-22, 16:24   Link #380
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Episode 26 is out!!!