AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 65 49.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 10.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.76%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.53%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-16, 23:11   Link #181
Seitsuki
Onee!

Alack, your overpowering maturity and common sense has struck me down. I am full of regret and shame. Apologies good sir
Old 2010-12-16, 23:16   Link #182
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This shipping stuff is stupidity beyond stupidity. Can we please stop? (And... "lulzy"? I clearly don't understand the mindset of the "average fan"... )
Come onnnn, take a chill pill, it's exam week and I just need a break from all this studying.

Besides, this episode was fun, it's the first time we finally see her showing some true affection/recognition of all the hard work he has put in for her.

Will this have a second season, does anyone know?
Old 2010-12-16, 23:33   Link #183
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Alack, your overpowering maturity and common sense has struck me down. I am full of regret and shame. Apologies good sir
I sincerely hope that was as sarcastic as I assume it was...

But anyway, this isn't supposed to be a chatroom, so let's try to keep the discussion... an actual discussion at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
But on a more related note, did someone say that the DVD/BD version of this anime will have some alternate endings?
Episode 12 is the TV Ending ("Good End"), and there'll be an alternate version of Episode 12 on DVD/BD Volume 7, with 3 more episodes to follow on DVD/BD vol. 7 & 8 (arriving in June & July 2011 respectively).

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Will this have a second season, does anyone know?
Nobody knows yet. I would suspect it's rather likely based on the way sales are looking, though.
Old 2010-12-16, 23:35   Link #184
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
I sincerely hope that was as sarcastic as I assume it was...

But anyway, this isn't supposed to be a chatroom, so let's try to keep the discussion... an actual discussion at least.
Episode 12 is the TV Ending ("Good End"), and there'll be an alternate version of Episode 12 on DVD/BD Volume 7, with 3 more episodes to follow on DVD/BD vol. 7 & 8 (arriving in June & July 2011 respectively).

Nobody knows yet. I would suspect it's rather likely based on the way sales are looking, though.
If there is a second season, we're going to need to fill a lot of missing (plot/character development) holes. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-12-16, 23:42   Link #185
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
If there is a second season, we're going to need to fill a lot of missing (plot/character development) holes. xD
If you think of this show as an eroge/galge (which is at least a model that should be considered given the other parallels being drawn), it seems to me like everything we've seen so far has been the "common path" -- setting up enough points for all the different characters that they have room to explore in each route without tripping too many "flags" for any given one. So you're right in the sense that, if they do have a second season, it would make more sense for them to follow a specific "route" (and thus there'd be more character development, especially for that heroine). I've also considered that perhaps the PSP game being released in January might pick up the story at the end of this Episode 11 or thereabouts as a branch point for all the paths in the game, but we'll see what they do.

(One thing they could do that could be interesting would be if the novel, anime, and manga versions of the story all adapt different "routes" and thus arrive at different endings. It'd be sort of true to form, but I suppose it would/could be considered gimmicky as well. Also potentially frustrating for the English audience. But that's just a stray thought, anyway; no evidence they're even thinking of anything like that.)
Old 2010-12-16, 23:47   Link #186
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
If you think of this show as an eroge/galge (which is at least a model that should be considered given the other parallels being drawn), it seems to me like everything we've seen so far has been the "common path" -- setting up enough points for all the different characters that they have room to explore in each route without tripping too many "flags" for any given one. So you're right in the sense that, if they do have a second season, it would make more sense for them to follow a specific "route" (and thus there'd be more character development, especially for that heroine). I've also considered that perhaps the PSP game being released in January might pick up the story at the end of this Episode 11 or thereabouts as a branch point for all the paths in the game, but we'll see what they do.

(One thing they could do that could be interesting would be if the novel, anime, and manga versions of the story all adapt different "routes" and thus arrive at different endings. It'd be sort of true to form, but I suppose it would/could be considered gimmicky as well. Also potentially frustrating for the English audience. But that's just a stray thought, anyway; no evidence they're even thinking of anything like that.)
Can we even classify the game as part of canon though?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-12-17, 00:08   Link #187
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Can we even classify the game as part of canon though?
Well, it's a multi-path game, so technically the only "canon ending" would be the one the novels follow... if there is even anything in the game that relates to the novels at all. I guess... The possibility of the manga or anime following a different path are a bit more relevant to that discussion, but even then I suppose the novels are canon unless the original author approves/says otherwise. But that probably junctions off into a bigger discussion than even this particular show/franchise (I know some Sci-Fi and Comic fan groups get into fights about what is considered canon ).

Anyway, don't want to veer too far away from Episode 11 (though I suppose there isn't much more to say).
Old 2010-12-17, 01:39   Link #188
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh, I'm watching YnS thanks, not an issue But giving much credibility to wincest here requires something in the story or plot that supports it. Other than fan wishing, I haven't seen anything to support such a story route (unlike YnS where the story elements support it in large herds). I do see a brother and sister were distant for a long time and its been a bit painful reconnecting. Friends are helping that along (as we see in this episode).

As blitz1/2 notes
"If there is a second season, we're going to need to fill a lot of missing (plot/character development) holes."
I second that. I'm not sure I remember a good series that had so many hanging story threads as this one does. The whole season is an 'introductory set up' which screams for more seasons (and more likely compels us to buy the novels).
Old 2010-12-17, 18:34   Link #189
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
As blitz1/2 notes
"If there is a second season, we're going to need to fill a lot of missing (plot/character development) holes."
I second that. I'm not sure I remember a good series that had so many hanging story threads as this one does. The whole season is an 'introductory set up' which screams for more seasons (and more likely compels us to buy the novels).
Its probably just to get us to buy all sorts of figurines that will go to the Studio in order to fund a second season (since they are leaving us on too many edges) and also just leaving out too much info from the novels (as said from other novel readers) so yeah.. There is possibly going to be a second season. Or this is going to be one of those animes that leaves us on the cliff begging for more seasons, but it will not happen.. But then again, that will make a bad rep for the Studio to leave such a big dropout of info like that. Of course I'm possibly just babbling
Old 2010-12-17, 19:06   Link #190
Itlandm
Porcupine

I had to wait and watch the preview to actually believe that this was not the last episode. Yes, there were supposed to be 12, but it looked and felt like a last episode. Even Kirino took her first wobbly steps down the path to salvation, which is the path of self-reflection. The angels in Heaven rejoice when they see a young person learn to reflect on herself and try to change her faulty behavior.

Finally getting a glimpse into Kyou's mind to see what has motivated him all this time was also good.

Now I wonder whether or not to watch the next episode. Given the random nature of this anime, I mean.
Old 2010-12-18, 01:01   Link #191
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

just two more days till the next episode. the wait is killing me lol
Old 2010-12-18, 02:41   Link #192
neothe0ne

I am so glad this show is almost over.

I'd rather re-watch Endless Eight than this chain of episodes where kirino is an annoying bitch. I can only remember one good episode in this entire show right now, that being the one where Kirino's only screentime is her thirty seconds with her pillow.

(i would have dropped it if I didn't get over a third of the way in)
Old 2010-12-18, 22:51   Link #193
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
I liked it, although having read the translation of the first novel, I have suspicions that if the anime had stayed more 'true' to Kyousuke's character I wouldn't have. I do think it needs another season though, mostly because Ayase's whole yandere thing at Comiket needs explaining, as does Saori and Kuroneko's respective backgrounds.

And yes, I also had to double-take at episode 11 not being the end =p
Old 2010-12-19, 01:26   Link #194
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
I liked it, although having read the translation of the first novel, I have suspicions that if the anime had stayed more 'true' to Kyousuke's character I wouldn't have. I do think it needs another season though, mostly because Ayase's whole yandere thing at Comiket needs explaining, as does Saori and Kuroneko's respective backgrounds.

And yes, I also had to double-take at episode 11 not being the end =p
This is true, the season does need a season 2 in order to explain fully about all these things they are leaving us with. But since its getting extremely popular along with all the other animes, I believe the Anime Studio will give thoughts about going with a second season.
Old 2011-01-06, 18:47   Link #195
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
LOL love the innuendo in the episode too.
"Think of it as me, and take good care of it." Hmm, Rinko ...
Heh heh heh... Did you notice WHICH game she gave him?? Wait til he starts to play it - I'm sure HE'LL make the connection, even if SHE didn't...

Iskandar
Old 2011-01-25, 00:47   Link #196
tom3384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar Taib View Post
Heh heh heh... Did you notice WHICH game she gave him?? Wait til he starts to play it - I'm sure HE'LL make the connection, even if SHE didn't...

Iskandar
Yeah I noticed this too on my second time and I was amazed at how ironic it was to be the very same game in ep 9!
Old 2011-02-17, 22:44   Link #197
GreatTeacherKen

The funniest episode of the series for me.

And holy crap, I got turned on when Kuroneko called Kyousuke "Nii-san."
Old 2011-03-21, 19:56   Link #198
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I believe the first half of the episode is where the studio is making fun of Yosuga no Sora, especially in Nao arc. Kirino's hatred towards Manami is very much like Sora to Nao, except it is softer and more comedic one. In the scene where Manami show Kirino where she put all Kirino's magazine, we can see a statue of white rabbit near the TV.

Most obvious one is where Kirino say "What if I bring my boyfriend and have sex in living room" may have been a reference to a YnS scene where Haru had sex with Nao after they clean Haru's and Sora's home.

Man I wish I can see Kyousuke have sex with Manami in living room and he won't stop doing it when Kirino caught them.
Closed Thread