Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-17, 17:31   Link #321
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Also i have to mention those were not swords which Archer was wielding if i correctly read somewhere those were daggers. Also as far as i know which i recall somewhere archers were also trained to be quite skilled at dagger/ small sword usage due to the fact that combat is not always at the far range. Archer and Legolas are extremities of that fact in which they are super Bowman which excel not only at their insane long range capabilities but their swordsmanship/ dagger usage could be about a B+ or A-. Also their skills are not quite as good as an A+ close ranged combatant however they can hold pretty well against it.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
Old 2006-01-17, 17:37   Link #322
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

If I recall reading the synopsis for the game at Moonlit World, Archer specializes in both long and mid-range combat.
Old 2006-01-17, 21:08   Link #323
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Someone on this thread came ooohhhh so close to finding out a certain servant's true identity, but failed in the last second of overtime.

Really even after spoiling myself, I still didn't recognize half the characters. I really need to study up on my history, mythology, and fictional reading a bit more. I'm very rusty. Too many years out of school I think.
Old 2006-01-17, 21:15   Link #324
deviousj
Joker and Aoko fan

Send a message via AIM to deviousj
Hey, I'm new. Fate/stay night is really interesting me right now. I didn't like the 1st episode. I found it boring, but the series is really picking up with the second one. The music in the series is beautiful. I feel that the "Are you my master" scene was very well done. I'm kinda confused concerning the true identify of the servants though since I'm not well-versed. I think the assumption that Lancer is Vlad Tepes does make sense. Lancer's personality fits in with what legends say about Vlad. When I was watching episode 2, I picked up that Lancer had an intense killing aura which makes Vlad Tepes a good choice, but I find that there's a problem with that conclusion. Vlad was dubbed the "Impaler" because he impaled people, but I haven't heard any legends concerning his skill with a lance. Archer said that there's only one person that could be that good with the lance, so that's why I don't think it's Vlad. I also think that the guesses that the servants are mythological gods doesn't fit in with the story. I know that Fate/stay night has mages and whatnot, but I don't think that in this type of setting that a god could be put into servitude as a summoned servant for a mage. It doesn't make sense to me. Mythological and legendary heros are a yes, but I don't think a mage could put an actual god into servitude for extended periods of time. In games, many characters could summon gods, but only for a short period of time. I don't think this is any different. Of course, I could be very wrong.
Old 2006-01-18, 07:20   Link #325
Freakman

I think it's pretty unfair for people that know everything to assume that something is "easy" to guess.
Oh well the more I read about this thread, the more I feel the urging need for a forum so that the game players can stop messing with the masses.
Old 2006-01-18, 07:35   Link #326
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
I think it's pretty unfair for people that know everything to assume that something is "easy" to guess.
Oh well the more I read about this thread, the more I feel the urging need for a forum so that the game players can stop messing with the masses.
Yeah.

What happened to the "we, the game players suffered 'transient global amnesia' and can't remember any single thing concerning Fate/stay night the game for **** hours'?
Old 2006-01-18, 08:30   Link #327
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I haven't played the game beyond the prologue, nor do I know the identities of any of the heroes except for Archer, who's true name I learned by pure accident about a year ago. And I will not in any way hint or reveal it, primarily because I think that his true name is just too good of a secret to spoil.

Those who want to know should just visit the Moonlit World and spare themselves the pain. But it's much more worth it to wait it out and be extremely flabberghasted. Trust me on this. 8)
Old 2006-01-18, 09:00   Link #328
vin.dictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Also, I think some people are focusing too much on the Chinese history (perhaps because they are themselves Han?). While Type-Moon might be more familiar with it that a Western audience, I don't think that that there would be many chinese heroes in the War.

Now, who among the legendary heroes in the Middle Ages would wear a legendary sword? We can safely eliminate all women, since they are not featured as heroes in legends. Despite Saber's gender, we can assume that she could have became known as a man, since legendary heroes were mostly recorded as males.
Nah, they probably played too much Dynasty Warriors. Lu Bu in blue tight, shoulder armour and a red long spear. Very niice. (I know it was used as an example)

If I was a scribe that was recording these 'legends' into books at the Middle Ages. Any female hero would be most probably written down as a male due to gender dominance and beliefs (females with such a role weren't accepted at the time). <3 the distortion between the TYPE MOON variations and the actual legends for a few servants.

I played the game (MrGuy is responsible for my TYPE MOON obsession a year and a half ago), my first visual novel although I got nothing much out of it until I read some translations. I need to play hollow ataraxia for the heck of it. =)

Quote:
I haven't played the game beyond the prologue, nor do I know the identities of any of the heroes except for Archer, who's true name I learned by pure accident about a year ago. And I will not in any way hint or reveal it, primarily because I think that his true name is just too good of a secret to spoil.

Those who want to know should just visit the Moonlit World and spare themselves the pain. But it's much more worth it to wait it out and be extremely flabberghasted. Trust me on this. 8)
Quoted for the truth. This man speaks the truth.
Old 2006-01-21, 15:45   Link #329
Blaat

So basicly this show is a harem with all the girls liking the main character (servant, girl that cooks for him, girl voiced by Ueda Kana, archery club president etc.) with basic pokémon/digimon elements except monsters its standard RPG classes?
Old 2006-01-21, 18:16   Link #330
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
So basicly this show is a harem with all the girls liking the main character (servant, girl that cooks for him, girl voiced by Ueda Kana, archery club president etc.) with basic pokémon/digimon elements except monsters its standard RPG classes?
If you distill it down and remove about 90%+ of its content and detail, then basically yes, to a degree.

You of course realize you are grossly oversimplifying the series.
Old 2006-01-21, 22:23   Link #331
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
There is much more to the series than what you just said. It has the structure in a small sense of that however the story is great and fairly deep. Dont generalize it to the point like its just like any other show.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
Old 2006-01-22, 01:56   Link #332
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Just watched episode 3 and its really getting good!!! I'll put me thoughts in spoilers just in case

Spoiler:

Can't wait for ep 4!!!
Old 2006-01-22, 01:58   Link #333
PersocomChi
The 1000th Summer ~

Send a message via AIM to PersocomChi
Emiya looks like Shinji from NGE.. always want peace. At first when I saw his expression when the preist said kill each other... I'm like omg another Shinji.. but later he had the guts to accept this crucial game.

Sabre was ownage ^_~ An amateur that has a powerful unit.. like Shinji..
Old 2006-01-22, 02:02   Link #334
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I think as he gets more into it his magic will become more apparent, either that or his desire to save people from going through what he went through 10 years ago will draw it in some way.

hmmmm any one want to place bets on what he'd wish for if he wins? heheh
Old 2006-02-10, 13:53   Link #335
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode six aired.

futaba channel screen pics.
http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2268257.htm
Old 2006-04-09, 11:47   Link #336
kaori_da_sue
hehehe....

Send a message via AIM to kaori_da_sue
i really wanted archer to live in the 14th episode. So then like in UBW he would betray Rin. OH well.
Old 2006-04-11, 04:29   Link #337
sniperz

episode 14 shows archer using UBW. the song played at the end was touchy oso.

btw

did u notice archer saying " Ilya ur as merciless as ever" by archer.

it basically spoils the fact he was the future emiya shirou right?juz that he dont have more powers over the current emiya(who will show his most strongest UBW ever?)

i think so.coz its like repeating sequence for the future emiya(archer).he mentioned merciless as ever to ilya.so it came to my mind.

mystery solved of archer!

about archer to survive during... its against their pride i guess.so they have to fight till the end.he wouldnt betray rin.maybe have a coming back again

did i say a photo of archer fighting emiya? no right.ic if got tell me

Last edited by sniperz; 2006-04-11 at 04:42.
Old 2006-04-14, 21:41   Link #338
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

Is this worth the time and bandwidth? I'm hearing people from IRC that this series is boring and sucks, while other say it's cool.

I have seen game related anime before, and they were good.

From episode 1 to 14?, would you recommend this?

Thanks.
Old 2006-04-14, 22:29   Link #339
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDragon
Is this worth the time and bandwidth? I'm hearing people from IRC that this series is boring and sucks, while other say it's cool.

I have seen game related anime before, and they were good.

From episode 1 to 14?, would you recommend this?

Thanks.
The early eps were kind of slow, with a few bright spots. But the last 4-5 eps thing have been picking up and the story is on faster pace. Over, i say it is worth it.
Old 2006-05-01, 06:29   Link #340
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaori_da_sue
i really wanted archer to live in the 14th episode. So then like in UBW he would betray Rin. OH well.
me too~ betray rin? what do you mean?
Closed Thread