AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-04-29, 16:23   Link #741
Mentar
Banned

I see no reason why they should slow down. In fact, I'd say that the pacing right now is near perfect.

If anything, I'd expect the anime to condense some manga parts even more. In later chapters, especially during the big melees in the northern campaign, some fights span over multiple chapters. Here, slowing down would probably kill their budget.

Nah, at the current rate, I see a 24-26 episode run going all the way, fully catching up with the manga. Though I'd love it if the anime would reach original terrain. It would heighten the suspense oh SO much.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 16:25   Link #742
Blackula_Jonez

they are going through the manga pretty fast, i collected the first 2 volumes of the manga and they are already past what i have read by episode 3
Blackula_Jonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 21:04   Link #743
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Gotta remember folks that manga's spread things out fairly thin. A fight in a manga can be 2,3 and even 5 chapters long,, where as in an anime it may just be 1 episode.

Apart from a few comical bits that were dropped (Raki kicking the guy in the nuts for example) the anime has stayed fairly close to the manga, and is doing a good job.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 21:13   Link #744
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Right now what makes me anxious is Clare's current situation.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 23:13   Link #745
Joojoobees

Episode 4 wasn't as good as episode 3, but episode 3 was pretty damned good, so I'm not particularly bothered. Looking forward to a deepening of the story. Hopefully we'll get some more action like the fight on the roof in episode 3, as well.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 23:52   Link #746
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Right now, the Anime Viewers don't know anything about the organization. Only that there is someone that collect the fee, after the job is done. And they support them with fresh new set of cloths and Infos for the next misson

We must separate our wisdom, of Manga and Anime. I know its hard, but what will you think. If someone before your start watching a baseball game, tells you if they won or lost the game? (I think in Nippon, Baseball is popular)

(btw, right now. I catch up with Volume 7 Manga. But i try my hardest to separate here Anime and Manga. I don't wanna be knowing as an Spoiler buddy . I've played a lot Pen&Paper RPG's in my past. Perhaps that helps me out now.)

Fight-o, Fight-o.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 00:01   Link #747
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Right now, the Anime Viewers don't know anything about the organization. Only that there is someone that collect the fee, after the job is done. And they support them with fresh new set of cloths and Infos for the next misson

We must separate our wisdom, of Manga and Anime. I know its hard, but what will you think. If someone before your start watching a baseball game, tells you if they won or lost the game? (I think in Nippon, Baseball is popular)

(btw, right now. I catch up with Volume 7 Manga. But i try my hardest to separate here Anime and Manga. I don't wanna be knowing as an Spoiler buddy )

Fight-o, Fight-o.
Yeah I know what you mean Seska.

To bad Claymore isn't as popular as some of the other new shows. Then it would have its own thread where we could have seperate (sub) threads were we could discuss (possible) spoilerish future subjects. Without fear or worries.

But I guess Clare just isn't MOE enough to appeal to the general anime loving public. Possible they don't like girls who can split their head when having a little argument
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 00:10   Link #748
Seska

Well, for me..... I LOVE GOTHIC..... and its good Dark Gothic, not really depended on Horror...

Well, that perhaps one point of many, why i like Claymore from the start....
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 00:26   Link #749
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
To bad Claymore isn't as popular as some of the other new shows. Then it would have its own thread where we could have seperate (sub) threads were we could discuss (possible) spoilerish future subjects. Without fear or worries.

But I guess Clare just isn't MOE enough to appeal to the general anime loving public. Possible they don't like girls who can split their head when having a little argument
Oh, I wouldn't say that Claymore isn't as popular. In fact, it's netting around 4x the number of downloads compared to Lucky Star, and around 3x the number of sola downloads, the two shows who got boards this season. No, it's rather that these shows got more views/replies on Animesuki. Since Claymore already has a manga background, there's much less speculation compared to the "new" shows, since most of the biggest fans have already read up.

So I guess we'll have to stick with it like this. The anime thread for the "unspoiled", and the manga thread for those who want to discuss things indepth.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 05:32   Link #750
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Oh, I wouldn't say that Claymore isn't as popular. In fact, it's netting around 4x the number of downloads compared to Lucky Star, and around 3x the number of sola downloads, the two shows who got boards this season. No, it's rather that these shows got more views/replies on Animesuki. Since Claymore already has a manga background, there's much less speculation compared to the "new" shows, since most of the biggest fans have already read up.

So I guess we'll have to stick with it like this. The anime thread for the "unspoiled", and the manga thread for those who want to discuss things indepth.
I peaked in the manga thread a while back. It seems to me that all the people in that thread are operating on the same wavelength and are advanced in the discussion (They even caught those that lagged behind on the manga. They were pretty much up to 70's in the manga IIRC at the time I peaked.) and the anime isn't really discussed much.

Claymore prob needs a comparison thread imo.
Old 2007-04-30, 15:24   Link #751
flick
電脳コイル'd

Reminds me... I must check if these is a new chapter out.
flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 15:48   Link #752
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flick View Post
Reminds me... I must check if these is a new chapter out.
New chapter comes out on the 6th of each new month doesn't it?

Anywayz, I'm sure once episode 5-7 finishes airing, there's going to be a huge jump in popularity and discussion ^^

How the heck does Sola get it's own board >.<
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 15:53   Link #753
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post

By having more posts than Claymore ?

At any rate - i think Claymore getting it's own board is also likely to happen.
Old 2007-04-30, 15:54   Link #754
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
New chapter comes out on the 6th of each new month doesn't it?

Anywayz, I'm sure once episode 5-7 finishes airing, there's going to be a huge jump in popularity and discussion ^^

Sola's thread members are a chatty and opinionated group. Lots of stuff got debated there. It's composed of the Kanon subforum members.
Old 2007-04-30, 16:51   Link #755
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

- I am eagerly waiting for ep 5 as it features Terresa I am really curious how she will be potrayed .

- Also I do think Claymore does deserve its very own sub forum its got the highest number of posts by Averages ( 4 Ep / 754 replies ) and the manga is ongoing
Old 2007-04-30, 17:09   Link #756
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Spoiler:
at any rate i duno why the organization would still want to have clare go out of commission ~ if she is able to control her demon part then why not let her live? (ofc there could be other reasons like she is beginning to change too much being with raki...maybe she could pose as some sort of threat...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
By having more posts than Claymore ?

At any rate - i think Claymore getting it's own board is also likely to happen.
it could happen if we *poked* the mods

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 17:48   Link #757
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I think the mods need to be reminded that the Anime itself has 750+ post and the manga has 200+ post That is a total of 950+ post, a lot of Claymore fans are staying the manga to avoid spoiling the anime people.
Old 2007-04-30, 17:59   Link #758
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The mods need to be reminded of nothing. We are keeping accurate day-by-day postcounts and converting that data into a graph where it can be plotted against every other currently airing popular show.

Incidently we don't really care about total posts in this thread. We only care how many posts are produced per day and how frequently that post rate fluctuates up and down. For this reason the total episode count of a show will not change the likelihood of it getting a forum. Here's a small sample of our data:

NameActivePostsViewsPosts/day1 day total7 day total28 day total1 day average7 day average28 days average
Claymore {TV Series}49/119
(41.18%)

BTW, The current day is below average because the post count spikes after a new episode is released.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-04-30 at 18:15.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 18:21   Link #759
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
The mods need to be reminded of nothing. We are keeping accurate day-by-day postcounts and converting that data into a graph where it can be plotted against every other currently airing popular show.

Incidently we don't really care about total posts in this thread. We only care how many posts are produced per day and how frequently that post rate fluctuates up and down. For this reason the total episode count of a show will not change the likelihood of it getting a forum. Here's a small sample of our data:

NameActivePostsViewsPosts/day1 day total7 day total28 day total1 day average7 day average28 days averageClaymore {TV Series}49/119
(41.18%)76640793

BTW, The current day is below average because the post count spikes after a new episode is released.
Hopefully things will pick up with the Therease Arc.
Old 2007-04-30, 18:38   Link #760
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
NameActivePostsViewsPosts/day1 day total7 day total28 day total1 day average7 day average28 days average
Claymore {TV Series}49/119
(41.18%)
Oh wow this is complicated and well calculated process I had no idea about that . Thanks for taking the time and trouble for informing us .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Hopefully things will pick up with the Therease Arc.
- Terresa arc and the subsequent arc after that will usher in new fans.

- Also you do have to consider it was overshadowed by shows like Sola Lucky star to which already existing Kanon fan base has taken a liking to .

- Also Claymore did have to compete with much hyped shows like Darker than Black and Hayate