AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-21, 03:14   Link #2021
Blaat

Doesn't sound like the manga is ending soon.
Old 2013-09-21, 04:09   Link #2022
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Not with that sour note of a spoiler-v-;;.
Old 2013-09-21, 04:37   Link #2023
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Going back to the main series, the latest chapter's script reveals some veeery interesting info:

Spoiler for Magi 198:

Spoiler for reply:

Any mention whether another time skip will happen?
Old 2013-09-21, 07:26   Link #2024
Kazu-kun

Spoiler for 198:
Old 2013-09-23, 00:02   Link #2025
Diveman

whew finally this arc is over, I wonder if main trio will stay together and who will they be up against now
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 00:03   Link #2026
Raviel

So basically after the latest chapter I've come to the logical conclusion that Sinbad's and Kouen's egos are so massive that they can't stay within 10 feet of each other without some world-changing event happening.

I'm still getting more and more worried about Sinbad's plans with each chapter, that command he used on Kougyoku is a ticking time bomb and it'll probably be a point of conflict for him and someone else later on (probably alibaba and co.)

P.S. TitusxMalga, the author is going to make it happen, poor Titus is going to bear the brunt of the lolicon jokes of the series from now on.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 00:43   Link #2027
CBredbeard
Banned

En said he would have only used Metal Vessel Users to counter Reim's. This is interesting since even Reim had intended to use Mu's Vessel to force Magnostadt to surrender once it'd breached the city. Why not use the power to quickly win battles? Is it like with Reim who insist on doing things the hard way to gain the most satisfaction? Although a metal vessel user can't hold an empire together like a standing army can. Maybe he doesn't want Kou's military to entropy from over reliance on an individual's power?

And so Kou walks away with nothing. At the very least Sinbad seems intent on treating them like enemies, even though there's no reason for them to be. I guess the divide within the Kou Empire's royal court remains their dirty secret. Also that Sinbad's brainwashing of Kougyokou remains. What has it been, a year and a half since he first zapped her brain?

For nearly ending the world, Magnostadt gets away with everything they've done. Now they have the protection of both Reim and the 7 Seas Alliance and they don't have to give anything up. In fact, they'll help them to rebuild. I was so hoping that En was sparing the city so he could life tap the populace and use Phoenix's Extreme Magic. It would have been an epic villain moment for him, showing what he was capable of in a desperate situation.

At any rate, En met Sinbad and they aren't friends afterword. That's something at least.

Al Tharem didn't do anything. They simply watched. Although I really wonder what was up with that chapter that revealed Gyokouen's past. She said she was going to confront Aladdin personally and they ended a chapter on that note. Instead she sits right back down when Sinbad shows up. Kind of killed the moment didn't it?

I'm glad Scherazade being dead in Reim was shown. I suspected that the author had somehow forgotten that the little girl clone was in fact not her. And speaking of which, why does that little girl or her siblings not get to go to the super special awesome magic space palace? Why only Scherazade and Titus?

Why can't that little turd just stay dead? And that maggoty little girl, she's still terminally ill and the only way for her to continue living is to suck the life out of other people.

Judar gathers up the Black Rukh and Hakuryuu says good-bye to his former friends. So does that mean he doesn't love Morgiana anymore and he doesn't see Alibaba as a rival anymore? Completely abandoned that plot-line did she?

All in all, this arc was a complete waste of time.

Aladdin didn't have any growth moments. He didn't make any sacrifices or hard decisions that bore any consequences. Despite gaining and using an incredible new power that can literally shape the world, Aladdin's perspective is not broadened. He is not tested as to whether or not he know's what he's doing or is ready to wield that kind responsibility. According to the author, his actions are always right and the best way.

His new best friend is alive at the end and actually becomes a full blown Magi just like Aladdin. Rather than learning to be content with the time he had, Titus is given a pass. I suppose I should be glad that he wasn't gender bent with his rebirth.

Mu isn't going to seek vengeance against Aladdin for his role in events. Scherazade and Titus ended up sacrificing themselves all because Aladdin got in Reim's way. I guess the best I can hope for is that Mu crushes his hand with a shake, kind of like how Kougyokou scratched him for he'd done to Judar.

Ultimately the worst thing to come out of this arc was the increase in power levels. The world has become a smaller place. There aren't any problems that can't be solved with a Magi and a Djinn-user. So there will be no struggle or intrigue. Just DBZ-style power battles only without the cool fighting.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 01:23   Link #2028
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Mu can't last long in his Djinn Equip remember? All Fanalis have to trade in high physical stats for low magoi. Only reason Mu can use an Equip at all is because he's mixed. He's the last resort - Scherazade's way is to let the humans find the path themselves, hence why they took the 'long way' with using their standing army for the majority of the fight. Humans can overcome their problems with their own strength and ingenuity, without the need for things like Djinn equips - that is Scherazade's way of guiding Reim. Let them do it their way and minimize their reliance on Djinn, Djinn equips and the like.

The brainwashing of Kougyokou is definitely going to be a bone of contention between Sinbad and Alibaba. Sinbad's 'I did what I had to do' vs Alibaba's 'You don't screw with friends like that!' It's probably one of the things that will set them against each other, even if Sinbad can gloss it over with reasoning.

Scherazade's rukh went to Solomon's place because she was a Magi - Titus inherited a huge amount of Scherazade's rukh and personality in order to function so I guess that's why he got pulled into the Rukh VIP as well. Since both Djinn and Magi are essentially living rukh, I'd imagine that they are pretty much impossible to kill.

As for Hakuryuu 'giving up' on Morgiana, I'll hold on judgement for that. He gave up on trying to walk the path of light, but I don't think that he'll give up on trying to make Morgiana his - at least, not yet.
Old 2013-09-23, 02:57   Link #2029
Awrya
U mad?

Titus revived as a magi, that was quick, I was expecting a time skip to look for a suitable baby to be born to house Titus' rukh, but totally forgot Scheherazade's clones. It will be interesting to see if Scheherazade' clone (Titus' new body) has a limited amount of time left to live and/or how the author will solve this.
But if Scheherazade chose to revive as a magi, would she now be male, since the vessel body is clearly male?

Sindbad about to use Kougyoku and Al Tharmen talking about Solomon kidnapping a kid to reborn a magi, I wonder if Aladdin is someone who was 'kidnapped' into the holy palace to receive education.

Judar (or Judal?) used all the black rukh to create some kind of spell? Is he's able to cast and store a spell, something even Magnostadt with all its magicians haven't discovered? If they did, they'd have used it with the giant cannon, sucking and storing magoi in advance for a possible war.
Possible that Judar received some lessons from Gyokuen, learned it by copying Aladdin''s Wisdom of Solomon, or discovered it on his own?
Anyway, the fact that Judar has all the black rukh means that Mogamett is in there, possible he'll interfere with Judar's plans in the future.

Edit: From the conversation, to have all three magi appear in the same era is something that's not suppose to happen naturally and Ugo is the one who decides whether a magi is born. So if he wanted to, could he reborn as many magi as he wanted and if Judar were to die, would his rukh go to the holy palace at all, since his rukh is black?

Last edited by Awrya; 2013-09-23 at 03:07.
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 03:46   Link #2030
hamazura
whatever

so the next villain will be judal and uchiha sasuke hakuryuu huh?
i can already see the scene where alibaba fight hakuryuu to death and because this is magi.... as usual, aladdin will use solomon wisdom as black rukh cleaning service (although i prefer hakuryuu will have a dramatic death)
Old 2013-09-23, 07:18   Link #2031
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Edit: From the conversation, to have all three magi appear in the same era is something that's not suppose to happen naturally and Ugo is the one who decides whether a magi is born. So if he wanted to, could he reborn as many magi as he wanted and if Judar were to die, would his rukh go to the holy palace at all, since his rukh is black?
if the bad guys don't interfere he could be taken to the holy palace(remember alibaba's hometown arc)
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 07:27   Link #2032
Sixth
Hu Tao

Funny right? They knew who is the real antagonist (the crazy mama), but no one seems want to attack her even now.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 07:30   Link #2033
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Al Tharmen talking about Solomon kidnapping a kid to reborn a magi, I wonder if Aladdin is someone who was 'kidnapped' into the holy palace to receive education.
I think you got that backwards. Al Tharmen seems to have kidnapped a baby Magi in the past, only to find out he had the mind of an adult, as he wasn't really a new Magi but a reincarnated Magi. The name of that kid was Yunan.

That explains why Yunan is so wise and knows so much about the world even though he looks pretty young. This isn't his first life as a Magi.

Al Tharmen is basically explaining that Solomon makes some Magi reincarnate after they die instead of making new ones born, to prevent Al Tharmen from tampering with them.
Old 2013-09-23, 09:47   Link #2034
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think you got that backwards. Al Tharmen seems to have kidnapped a baby Magi in the past, only to find out he had the mind of an adult, as he wasn't really a new Magi but a reincarnated Magi. The name of that kid was Yunan.

That explains why Yunan is so wise and knows so much about the world even though he looks pretty young. This isn't his first life as a Magi.

Al Tharmen is basically explaining that Solomon makes some Magi reincarnate after they die instead of making new ones born, to prevent Al Tharmen from tampering with them.
Oh, I thought Al Tharmen talked about Judal there, that they kidnapped him in the past because he had no memories of the past magis unlike Yunan.
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 10:10   Link #2035
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was hoping Titus would be reborn as a girl, but it looks like he's still a boy. Kind of sucks that only one of the five magis currently alive is a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
Oh, I thought Al Tharmen talked about Judal there, that they kidnapped him in the past because he had no memories of the past magis unlike Yunan.
Yes, they were talking about Judal. They said Solomon might use the same method he's using with Yunan (who seem to be have been unique until now) to prevent them from kidnapping and corrupting a defenseless baby magi once again like they did with Judal.
Old 2013-09-23, 14:21   Link #2036
ellifeedn
Thinker

I still feel that there will be six Magi, three of the white and three of the black.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 15:08   Link #2037
ChampDream
Alive

Titus being revive was a suprise to me, but I guess Salomon need his three Magis and after this chapter I feel that Sinbad will become the final boss even more.
so about how many sides we have in Magi? we have Sinbad and his seven sea alliances, which have in his protection the Reim empire and the magician country (don't know how to spell it), we have the Kou empire, which is divide is Kouen and his brothers, Al Tharmen and Judal and Hakuryuu and Finally we have Aladdin, Alibaba and Mor in the middle of everything. did I miss something?
Old 2013-09-23, 15:10   Link #2038
Awrya
U mad?

Yeah, I misread that part bad, thanks for clearing it up.
Old 2013-09-23, 15:36   Link #2039
shalala

I wouldn't rule out that Granny magi would be repearing as by the looks of it she still has body/clones left on them trees of hers. En talking Aladdin was quite funny while Alibaba tries to save him. I would hope he goes with Kou. But seeing how En doesn't trust the current Queen I can see a another civil war happening in Kou now once they return. The chapter also confirms that Yunan can see Sinbads brainwashing soo I wonder if this is only seen by him or could the other magis see it? Still this arc could have been done better. Like showing us what Alibaba and Mor where doing in that 6 months time skip. We don't even no what Mor did with Yunan other then gather the 7 seas. Kinda a let down.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 17:49   Link #2040
CBredbeard
Banned

Anyone else disturbed the fact that the clones were shown to be self-aware? That Scherazade even communicated and educated them before maturing them to adult-hood? What Titus did just now was steal one of his sibling's body.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen