AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-13, 02:50   Link #61
Hiking_Bear

I'm a little confused about the ancient weapons. From what I understand, Robin read about the weapon Pluton from the poniglyph at Arabasta and CP9 later found out at Water 7 that Franky held the blueprints for Pluton. Pluton is a powerful warship that is meant to counteract the other ancient weapon Poseidon. And Robin read about Poseidon from the Poniglyph in Skypeia. But I guess we don't know what Poseidon is yet, or if there are any more ancient weapons. And how is Robin supposed to activate them?

Then, the poniglyphs also contain the path to the true history, which is supposedly located on the last island, Raftel.

I'd also like to know what the D. stands for in Monkey D. Luffy. I'm thinking it might stand for Devil because "Old Roger" was a slang term for "devil" back in the pirating age.

Lastly, I'd like to know where all of the devil fruits come from. If it was explained in the anime, then I missed it. Is there a devil fruit tree somewhere on the grand line?
Old 2006-09-04, 06:29   Link #62
regasatanum

If i am not wrong, Luffy doesnt know and wasnt told the name of the ex-Pirate King.
Old 2006-09-04, 08:11   Link #63
Snubben_Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear
I'd also like to know what the D. stands for in Monkey D. Luffy.
That ive also been wondering.

since both monkey D. luffy and
something D. ace hase it , i was thinking does it have something with the family name? but that really probably is just stupid thinking since a D doesnt say alot..
And Gol D. Roger has the D also.. so in that case gol D. roger would be like luffy's dad or something ^^,

Thats what im hoping anyway =D would be cool and understandable in a way since many people in the series has commented that Luffy is alittle like Gol D. Roger in some ways.. This is just a wild theory and i dont have anything to back it up except the whole D part..
Old 2006-09-13, 10:00   Link #64
S_C_L-1

If i had to guess, id guess that Luffys grandpa was Dragon... it would then make sense that he would save luffy from decapitation... the D thing probly goes back alot farther than him (considering the fact that the giant robin met as a child and black beard have a D) and will probly be explained along with the whoal dark history thing.

how luffy discovered second gear:

watch movie 7

how does he do it:

by consentrating his blood into his legs and then pressurising it, he raises his blood pressure much farther than any 1 else could survive and thus solidifies his body and can use it to explosively launch his attacks (same principal as pumping a water gun so u can shoot it faster/farter).

why does he steam in gear 2:

doing that would make his body temp. rise alot, so he would sweat, and it would evaporate as soon as it comes out... thus the steam. also explains the change in his skin color.
Old 2006-09-14, 02:29   Link #65
regasatanum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snubben_Pierre
That ive also been wondering.

since both monkey D. luffy and
something D. ace hase it , i was thinking does it have something with the family name? but that really probably is just stupid thinking since a D doesnt say alot..
And Gol D. Roger has the D also.. so in that case gol D. roger would be like luffy's dad or something ^^,

Thats what im hoping anyway =D would be cool and understandable in a way since many people in the series has commented that Luffy is alittle like Gol D. Roger in some ways.. This is just a wild theory and i dont have anything to back it up except the whole D part..
whitebearD, reD hair shanks, Dragon ... are other members of the D-gang!! so it just say how powerful they are! they all have D in their name and goD is one of them too so they are really invincible... but what's wrong SpanDam surprisingly has a D in him.
Old 2006-09-14, 03:58   Link #66
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
whitebearD, reD hair shanks, Dragon ... are other members of the D-gang!! so it just say how powerful they are! they all have D in their name and goD is one of them too so they are really invincible... but what's wrong SpanDam surprisingly has a D in him.
first, the D should be in the middle of their name also it is not a nick. whitebeard ,red hair shanks, dragon are most likely nicks, so it is not necessary mean they are from the D bloodline although i think Whitebeard and shanks member of the D bloodline. and maybe dragon

second, having the D in ur name doesn't mean ur member of the D family !!!! Spandam is just a name it can't be translated to Span d am.. like what they did to roger name: Gol D. Roger

Dragon is not luffy grandfather for sure .. because the marines already catched him, but still Ao koji didn't say his name.. so we don't know but the best choises are:
Gol d. Roger: but it will be strange since luffy didn't speak about it, and i would except the marines to act more aggressive to catch luffy if that was the case.
Hagwarl D. Soul: ummm ... even thought he caused trubles to the marines and Ao koji catched him .. he was a giant

so most likely he is someone yet to introduced in the series later.
Old 2006-09-18, 17:07   Link #67
linkinage

Talking One Piece = Ancient Weapon???

Hey guys...
i waz just wonderin..if gol d roger knew how to read the poneglyphs, then isnt it possible that he found the ancient weapons and left them at raftel (the last island on the grand line) in ONE PIECE???
Old 2006-09-19, 10:21   Link #68
airsBlue

yeah . he could have found them, or he knew how to find them and to awaken them. but like robin he didn't care about them. he only wanted to learn about the void history. so i doubt he gathered them in raftel.
Old 2006-09-19, 15:13   Link #69
S_C_L-1

but the void history is probly at Raftel
Old 2006-09-19, 16:12   Link #70
airsBlue

well it was disccused in another threads .. and i don't have time to discuss it again.
Old 2006-09-19, 16:39   Link #71
S_C_L-1

^ so u have time to post that you dont have time to discuss it? and dont even give a link?

thats nice... *rolls eyes*
Old 2006-09-19, 17:24   Link #72
airsBlue

well it is not that i don't want to discuss but .. see this link first
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=33834&page=2

read pages 2-4

it was one of the disccussions i don't remeber the places of the others
Old 2006-09-19, 18:54   Link #73
Undertaker

IMO, 'D' is more like the clan name.

Based what was shown in manga, I think people with 'D' are decendents of the theoritical Kingdom that Dr. Clover mentioned that was most likely wiped-out during the Void Century.

Poniglyph might also be the written language of that Kingdom, which would make sense as to why Gol D Roger can both read and write poniglyph even though there is no proof that he is an archeologist .

As for Pluton and Poseidon, I would like to think that both were in position of that fictional Kingdom and the manga also suggest that there might be more of this type of weapon somewhere. However because that Kingdom is a peaceful nation so the weapons had never been awaken, they might also be the main reason that bring forward the kingdom's downfall.

But those are just my speculations.

Now, things that we DO KNOW:

The reason Robin is the only one that can awake ancient weapons now, it's because the World Goverment believe she is the only archeologist in the world right now that can decipher the Poniglyph after the fall of Ohara and the death of all of the world's top archeologists (ones that can decipher Poniglyph)

Also Pluton wasn't meant too counteract Poseiden in the beginning. It became that way because for some reason Tom got a hold of Pluton's plan, probably from Roger, and knew there were more of these weapons out there. He only keep it in case the Government gets a hold of the other weapons or that poeple like Robin who can decipher Poniglyph decides to find these weapons to use against the world (aka. Crocodile). In those cases, he see the need to bulid Pluton and use it as countering force. So it could very well ends up as Pluton v.s. Pluton and not Pluton v.s. Poseidon.
Old 2006-09-19, 19:25   Link #74
tidus0728

Quote:
Also Pluton wasn't meant too counteract Poseiden in the beginning. It became that way because for some reason Tom got a hold of Pluton's plan, probably from Roger, and knew there were more of these weapons out there. He only keep it in case the Government gets a hold of the other weapons or that poeple like Robin who can decipher Poniglyph decides to find these weapons to use against the world (aka. Crocodile). In those cases, he see the need to bulid Pluton and use it as countering force. So it could very well ends up as Pluton v.s. Pluton and not Pluton v.s. Poseidon.
Um Roger didn't give blueprint to Tom.

Pluton is a warship that people from water 7 accidently created long ago.(It was mentioned in manga somewhere).
They feared it tremendous power so they sealed it away. But those people knew if this was awakened by some evil, it would bring destruction to the world. So in order to counteract this they kept the blueprint to the most trusting ship builder and pass it on(so someone superior to Tom gave it to Tom and Tom giving it to Iceburg), but Tom thought Robin would awaken the ancient weapon so he didn't destroy the blueprint.

Now this is my speculation, but in order to counteract against the likelyhood of Robin or WG awakening the ancient weapon, Iceburg or Tom, Cutty Fram(sp?), had to have built the pluton and hidden it somewhere. Since it would be too late if they start building the ship when its awakened.
Old 2006-09-20, 05:41   Link #75
airsBlue

Quote:
Now this is my speculation, but in order to counteract against the likelyhood of Robin or WG awakening the ancient weapon, Iceburg or Tom, Cutty Fram(sp?), had to have built the pluton and hidden it somewhere. Since it would be too late if they start building the ship when its awakened.
no, they hadn't
Tom and Iceburg didn't really want to build it or even just trying to memorize the Blueprint, and from franky speaks all the generations who had the bueprint wished if they could just get rid of it because even thought it is to be used to save the world if it used for wrong reasons it wil destroy it like if the idiot spenduom got his hands on it.
anyway they only kept it to counter the ancients weapons if someone brought them backs. the only one who got happy and wanted to build it was franky when tom-san showed it to franky and Iceburg, but the accident with the WG happened and after that accident franky didn't build any warship or even a ship ...

now their is the possibility of the ship could have been build in the past by another person how got the blue print, but i doubt that becasue:
1- He would never completed the ship in his life time since he got the blue print when his master about to die or felt he is in dangor.
2- even if he got it in young age he would need a huge number of people to help build the ship in that mean the secret is no longer a secret. which i doubt any master would give this reckless student the blueprint.
3- even if someone completed it. the next one in the ine will destroy it to save the world :?:

but there is possibility that franky still remembers part of it which he wil use to modifie strawhat ship.
Old 2006-09-21, 20:38   Link #76
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus0728
Um Roger didn't give blueprint to Tom.

Pluton is a warship that people from water 7 accidently created long ago.(It was mentioned in manga somewhere).

Sorry, forgot that part, I only remebered when you mentioned. Tom did said something along the line that Pluton blueprint was handed down by shipwright in Water 7.
Old 2006-09-21, 20:54   Link #77
S_C_L-1

what im wondering is why do all the islands in the grand line have a magnetic field around them... maybe they were all part of 1 continent that seperated and drifted into smaller islands?
Old 2006-11-10, 21:32   Link #78
rahmuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
...Look at episode 31 closely everyone, they show each member of the Shichibukai in black up close, one of them shown up close has a strawhat. Reminds me of someone. (Speculation) Do me a favor and check the episode out carefully.
Yikes, are you saying Luffy is a Shichibukai? Now that's too far of a stretch. JK. I still don't think Shanks is with the Shichibukai. I think the Shichibukai don't get along too well, and that they would kill each other any chance they got.

So Mihawk and Shanks meeting seems out of place. I think they were pirates together on the same ship though (possibly along with Buggy or at another time).
Old 2006-11-10, 21:56   Link #79
rahmuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninraven View Post
- what is one piece
- what's with the "d"
- 100 missing years of history
- Pluton
- the rest of the shichibukai
- the piece of paper ace gave luffy *havent seen anyone mention this yet*
- Dragon's intrest in luffy
- All blue
- What makes Shanks so strong
- Why was Luffy nervous when Ao-Kiji mentioned his grandfather
- Who the other two admirals are (Ao-kiji is one of three)

Who knows when these will be answered because there is an unlimited amount of islands on the grandline.

As far as anime goes, theres One Piece, and then theres everything else.
- I'd like to know about that piece of paper too.
- I think Dragon is interested in Luffy because there are groups who already know Luffy's power (even though we may not know it's full extent) and some want him to find Onepiece, and others don't.
- Remember Luffy told his nakama that Ace was always that strong, even before he had the fruit. So there has to be something else other than devil's fruit that gives them this strength. I don't think the 'gearing up' their power comes from the DF.
Old 2006-11-11, 15:45   Link #80
regasatanum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmuss View Post
- I think Dragon is interested in Luffy because there are groups who already know Luffy's power (even though we may not know it's full extent) and some want him to find Onepiece, and others don't.
I think Dragon maybe Luffy's father, what do you think?
Closed Thread