Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-10-29, 09:50   Link #521
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
McNabb is hardly overrated. The problem is that he's always playing within an imperfect system, so the Eagles will always be a strong team, but at some point or another, will get unlucky.

I mean honestly, an O-line that allowed 6 sacks vs. THE RAIDERS FFS, Westbrook being made out of glass, and having no all-star receiver such as Moss or Ochocinco or Larry Fitzgerald or Plaxico (well, nobody has him now ). When we had TO, we went to the super bowl. Whether or not DeSean turns into our next TO has yet to be seen, but the guy is lacking about a foot in the height department >_<.
I don’t like McNabb honestly…His personality sucks (“Oh I’m the reason Vick is here, but the wildcat is killing my rhythm” ), but other than that he’s is very overrated…The reason being is that he is incredibly INACCURATE…Great QB’s, Hall of Fame level QB’s are usually above average in the accuracy department…Now the dink and dunk design of the Eagles offense is gonna disguise this fact a bit on the percentage-tip, but overall he is one of then most inaccurate of the “Great QB’s” I’ve ever seen…I remember we used to joke about how if you didn’t wear an athletic cup as an Eagles WR you might get your junk knocked off by one of McNabb's meat-missiles…

There’s no way McNabb could do what Brees does here in New Orleans…Our offense runs 75% based on accuracy in the passing game…Even those big target passes to Marques Colston are tediously worked on where Brees purposely throws the ball in awkward areas where he can make the catch…The only thing McNabb always was great at was scrambling, but he’s such am uppity prick that he lambasted all black QB’s as bakas if they use their feet…What’s wrong with that if your good at it?? When he used his feet and his arm he was great, but when he decided to just be a pocket passer his game leveled off, plus he's just crap in big games...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2009-10-29 at 10:22.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 11:22   Link #522
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I don’t like McNabb honestly…His personality sucks (“Oh I’m the reason Vick is here, but the wildcat is killing my rhythm” ), but other than that he’s is very overrated…The reason being is that he is incredibly INACCURATE…Great QB’s, Hall of Fame level QB’s are usually above average in the accuracy department…Now the dink and dunk design of the Eagles offense is gonna disguise this fact a bit on the percentage-tip, but overall he is one of then most inaccurate of the “Great QB’s” I’ve ever seen…I remember we used to joke about how if you didn’t wear an athletic cup as an Eagles WR you might get your junk knocked off by one of McNabb's meat-missiles…

There’s no way McNabb could do what Brees does here in New Orleans…Our offense runs 75% based on accuracy in the passing game…Even those big target passes to Marques Colston are tediously worked on where Brees purposely throws the ball in awkward areas where he can make the catch…The only thing McNabb always was great at was scrambling, but he’s such am uppity prick that he lambasted all black QB’s as bakas if they use their feet…What’s wrong with that if your good at it?? When he used his feet and his arm he was great, but when he decided to just be a pocket passer his game leveled off, plus he's just crap in big games...
While you have a right to your opinion, I must defend my QB. I can see where his personality can come across the wrong way and I often hear people calling him arrogant, but I feel it rubs me as more of an over confident and playful atittude. Now I actually like that about him, but as I mentioned in earlier posts it probably doesn't help him in those big games (he isn't serious enough), but you can tell he just enjoys playing the game. Also to say he is crap in big games is stretching it a bit since he has won some pretty big games, and the only "big" ones he has really lost have been those late playoff games, and its not like they got demolished in all of those games (they were pretty close). Every team has lost a big game (ahem the Saints), so using that as a chuck up to his talent level comes across as stupid and very subjective in my opinion. Heck how long did it take John Elway to get over that hump and win a Super Bowl, Brett Favre has only won 1 Super Bowl. To me titles only go so far in showing how good a QB is when you should be looking at how the whole team performs.

He has always had an incomplete offensive team, and he is not the kind of QB that can throw accurate when his OL is constantly giving him pressure and causing him to always look uncomfortable in the pocket. I agree he is a tad more inaccurate than I'd like, but thats mostly when he is pressured (which is a lot and probably why they resort to so many screen passes). He is a QB that doesn't take pressure well; it seemed like on that Monday Night game the Redskins were constantly in the Eagles backfield. He is pretty accurate without the pressure, although I'm not calling him out to be one of the greats, but he is not terrible. Now he struggles even more against this pressure with all the injuries he has sustained, which have stinted his mobility. Heck his constant running is what has brought him all these injuries in the first place. Also you say McNabb is only good at running; what about his nack for throwing very few INT.

You seem to love putting Drew Brees on a high pedastal, and you deserve too because he is doing really really well this year, but then you point out about how McNabb is crap in big games. What big games has Drew Bress won? He has "choked" in plenty big game situations. Aside from this year he has usually performed average against good teams.

Again I totally respect your idea of McNabb, but I just don't agree with it.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2009-10-29 at 14:15.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 17:11   Link #523
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Well look I didn’t mean to come off as an a$$, I honestly didn’t think anyone would challenge me this hard on this but since you have I’ll defend and continue my assault..

Brees has been here 4 years and I can only think of about 3 games in which he sucked or costed us a win…I give Brees hella credit because in the previous 3 years we’ve asked him to throw the ball 30-40+ times a ball game just to protect our sad defenses over those last 3 years (Now that we have a great defense he’s sublime)…When you throw the ball as much as Brees it’s a wonder he doesn’t throw more INT’s…In terms of accuracy as a passer McNabb though isn’t even in Brees’ hemisphere…If Drew Bress ever zips a ball directly @ your nads, trust me he’s aiming for them…Dude could hit the note off a messenger pigeon’s claw in full flight he’s so sick on that tangent (and with a far weaker arm)…Now overall the edge probably goes to McNabb over the complete and total length of his career, but I’ll stack Drew Brees’ numbers over the past 4 seasons against anyone and only Brady and Manning come up competitive…

Now perhaps I was a bit harsh on Mcnabb being crap in big games, but a QB kinda develops a stigma when his team gets to the NFC Championship game like 6-7 times and only wins it once…The one superbowl he makes it to he totally chokes almost literally on his own vomit…Now I admit T.O. is an a$$hole of epic proportions, but how lame must your QB be to have like 75% of the locker room still support T.O. as much if not more than him after their debacle? If a WR went off a Brees you best believe no one on the team would be attending that guy’s plush Birthday party the next week (Like the iggeles players did for T.O.)…Incidents like that and others have led me to believe that something isn’t right with McNabb…I can’t totally put my finger on it but he has this lameness about him…I mean even the NAACP went off on him (Not that I totally agreed, but damn for a black QB that’s like crazy)…Even with the Vick situation whether you hate him or think he's paid his dues like I do, how do you come out and totally support the man coming back and after the first wildcat package your complaining about your rhythm making your disconcerting with him a big story? He's shady...

He’s accomplished a lot in his career and I’ll never spite him just for spite’s sake, but he seems to shrink in the big moments, Drew just hasn’t had the overall team until now to have the type of chances McNabb had (Hence he’s only had a handful of big moments if that, so we’ll see)…As for McNabb’s low INT’s, I’d probably break a thumb trying to catch some of his errant throws…That’s the one thing above all else I can’t tolerate and that’s inaccuracy @ the QB position….It drives me crazy when wide open WR’s have to bend backwards to catch passes when the QB has ample time, and of the “Great OB’s” McNabb does this so often it’s embarrassing IMHO…

The 6-FT (prolly more like 5-10 FT) Brees, whether the pocket is completely stable or falling apart at the seams, he has proven more often then not he’s extremely accurate passing the ball…So that’s why I think he’s better than McNabb (Who was best when he was a pass-run threat), this season he’s better than everyone but Manning if I’m being honest…So yeah, that makes me proud as a Saints fan…
Old 2009-11-01, 23:03   Link #524
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

this week on nfl

denver got 1st lost to ravens in 30-7
favre return to greenbay for vikes 38-26
titans finally change qb & win
colts now 7-0

& monday is falcons vs saints yet will be 2 unbeaten by after monday or will be colts only?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 23:16   Link #525
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Giants aren't looking that great anymore, this was their 3rd lost in a row.

And my Panthers finally got some payback! It was like warped deja vu.

2009 Divisional Game: Delhomme: 5 ints, 1 fumble, Cardinals win at Carolina.
Week 8 of '09-10 NFL Season: Warner: 5 ints, 1 fumble, Panthers win at Arizona.

It was sweet, the defense and the running game was at least. Too bad we had that debacle against Buffalo, Panthers would have going to New Orleans with a 4-3 record.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 17:04   Link #526
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Loved seeing my Eagles trample the Giants. McNabb looked like his older self in that game, getting the ball to all his recievers and scrambling away from pressure (nice to see his mobility in play again). All the players stepped up, even the FB had a huge TD run.
Old 2009-11-02, 18:20   Link #527
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Loved seeing my Eagles trample the Giants. McNabb looked like his older self in that game, getting the ball to all his recievers and scrambling away from pressure (nice to see his mobility in play again). All the players stepped up, even the FB had a huge TD run.
Jesus (Or what they're now calling our QB, "Breesus"), I just typed that whole counter post to McNabb for nothing then eh?

McNabb + mobility, extending plays = win

McNabb - mobility, extending plays = not so win

Atlanta vs. My Saints coming up in two shakes of a monkey's a$$, so let's go!!! After last week in Miami I'm not sure I can handle anything less than a straight up blow out!
Old 2009-11-02, 23:42   Link #528
Kyuu
=^^=

Anyone seen today's "C'mon Man" segment on Monday Night Countdown? Particularly funny today. XD
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 02:19   Link #529
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

That Darius Butler play still have me dying. The Rams/Lions game is one of the saddest games of all time. When I saw the score ticker at 3-2, I thought to myself, "This is so the Rams and Lions."
Old 2009-11-03, 09:57   Link #530
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Saints do it again! (35-27 over Atlanta) We can take a team's best shot and still come up on top...Now the schedule gets really soft for us for a while so it's time to pull away baby!!
Old 2009-11-03, 11:33   Link #531
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Saints do it again! (35-27 over Atlanta) We can take a team's best shot and still come up on top...Now the schedule gets really soft for us for a while so it's time to pull away baby!!
Soft..............I would not one bit on Saints, Carolina is gonna be back into the playoff hunt once again. Also, Carolina could give the Saints a game that they'll never, I guess thier another storm brewing for Brees and company.
Old 2009-11-03, 12:11   Link #532
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
I'd give the the Saints defense the biggest credit towards this win. Early in the game when the Saints offense wasn't producing much, the Saints defense stopped the Falcons from running away in similar fashion to Miami. Also some key interceptions helped seal the deal. Also Atlanta missed some field goals early in the game, which could have made the game much closer down the stretch and more manigable for the Falcons.

On another note, what was up with all the game clock problems?
Old 2009-11-03, 18:10   Link #533
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Dude the Saints, for the first time in their history, have a ginormous bullseye on their back (Jon Gruden was making underage love to us on ESPN all game dude, that's how much focus we're getting)...We're gonna get every team's (Good team that is) best game for the rest of the season...i give ATL mad props for not getting completely blown out after the score was 28-14 at half...They have pride...They have good players, and I expected them to make some plays...They stymied us more in the 3rd Quarter than the first, but again we have the type of offensive attack inwhich we'll never be out of a ballgame...ATL made a good play on a delayed blitz and got a score, but how quick did we turn the tables? We didn't produce much? Two 80+ yard scoring drives and 21 points?? Sheeesh, I'd like to see what good production is...

We made alot of mistakes, had some careless ball security issues but we still won by 8...The hallmark of a good team is being able to win when you don't necessarily play your best....But in alot of ways we still played our best, just in spurts...However again, give ATL credit they played like a desperate team who needed to win...Couple that with 2 significant defensive injuries we had going into this game (Starting LB & NT hurt which helped Mike Turner do some things)) we still played damn good at times...

BTW I live in New Orleans not in the Superdome, so your guess is as good as mines on the clock stuff...
Old 2009-11-03, 18:15   Link #534
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
^Dude the Saints, for the first time in their history, have a ginormous bullseye on their back (Jon Gruden was making underage love to us on ESPN all game dude, that's how much focus we're getting)...We're gonna get every team's (Good team that is) best game for the rest of the season...i give ATL mad props for not getting completely blown out after the score was 28-14 at half...They have pride...They have good players, and I expected them to make some plays...They stymied us more in the 3rd Quarter than the first, but again we have the type of offensive attack inwhich we'll never be out of a ballgame...ATL made a good play on a delayed blitz and got a score, but how quick did we turn the tables? We didn't produce much? Two 80+ yard scoring drives and 21 points?? Sheeesh, I'd like to see what good production is...

We made alot of mistakes, had some careless ball security issues but we still won by 8...The hallmark of a good team is being able to win when you don't necessarily play your best....But in alot of ways we still played our best, just in spurts...However again, give ATL credit they played like a desperate team who needed to win...Couple that with 2 significant defensive injuries we had going into this game (Starting LB & NT hurt which helped Mike Turner do some things)) we still played damn good at times...

BTW I live in New Orleans not in the Superdome, so your guess is as good as mines on the clock stuff...
And you said that they had a smooth sailing schedule.
Old 2009-11-03, 18:19   Link #535
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Don't know where your chuckle derives from since they do statistically...The winning percentage of their remaining opponents is the easiest left in the NFL...As for the rest...

Carolina needs an aztec sacrificial ritual to score 3 offensive TD's in a game, so while I still respect the fact that we're gonna have to played them hard to beat them, I just don't see where you draw confidence from concerning the Panthers...Arizona has been jeckel and hyde all season so I won't put too much into that when they come to the dome to get our revenge beatdown on them...Remember I said every "GOOD TEAM's" best shot, they don't play very many good teams in the second half, but there's still about 3-4 tuff games where we'll be tested...
Old 2009-11-03, 19:46   Link #536
Gin
*Artist

Saints are on fire this season!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
I guess thier another storm brewing for Brees and company.

Too soon...
Old 2009-11-03, 22:41   Link #537
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well now only last nfc unbeaten saints & afc last unbeaten colts are only remain unbeaten teams left yet both 7-0 possible superbowl match?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 18:42   Link #538
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Sheeesh, I'd like to see what good production is...

Stomping the giants by 23 points for first place in the NFC East. (As compared to 21 )

All in all though, the Saints seem to be this season's 2007 Pats in terms of the whole "Team To Beat" aura. That said, I'm not sure if they have yet to run it up to the point of making it look painful like the 2007 pats did.

That stated, I wonder if the Eagles are going to repeat last season's last game vs. the Cowgirls this Sunday...

Remember that one? Basically, anytime some Cowgirl got tackled, you expected an Eagle to run back the ensuing fumble for a TD. Now if the Eagles can stomp stomp the Cowgirls as we did the last game of last season, then it's gonna be a tossup between Vikes/Eagles for the other bye slot...

Speaking of which, how badly is Packers management kicking themselves for banishing Brett Favre after he wanted to come back? It seems that Lambeau is still Brett's house.

But in all fairness, the Saints are rocking house.
Old 2009-11-04, 21:45   Link #539
monir
cho~ kakkoii

A win is a win. It doesn't matter how it is got. Saints are winning and they are winning against very good team. On top of that, they can actually win games by playing defense this year. For a team as versatile as this, their remaining schedule should indeed be a breeze, well.. except the Patriots game. The reason Patriots can give Saints offense trouble just because that defense can adapt to any offense at will. Patriots have also gotten better and better with Tom Brady as he is shaking off the rust.

If the Saints beat Pats, I think they register another unbeaten regular season.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 00:24   Link #540
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Better not peak too earrrrllllyyy. . .

Tags
american football, sports