Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-17, 08:48   Link #41
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
The Admirals should stop messing around and spam WB with everything they have. Of course WB wont go to the grave peacefully. Or Sengoku can get his hands dirty.
Don't think Marco & Joz will let that happen. They can each handle an Admiral.
Old 2009-11-17, 12:59   Link #42
james0246

Various sources have recently revealed (and Aohige has confirmed...or at least translated (sorry, I was a little iffy on what you did Aohige)) that Jump 53 will not only have Episode/Chapter 0, but also a new chapter as well.
Old 2009-11-17, 13:12   Link #43
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Various sources have recently revealed (and Aohige has confirmed...or at least translated (sorry, I was a little iffy on what you did Aohige)) that Jump 53 will not only have Episode/Chapter 0, but also a new chapter as well.
Awesome news. So how long would that be from now approximately? Until the release date of movie 10 (which is December the 12th)?
Old 2009-11-17, 14:08   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Awesome news. So how long would that be from now approximately? Until the release date of movie 10 (which is December the 12th)?
Well, this week's Issue is Jump 51 (I think), so 2 to 3 weeks seems about right...or about when the film will come out.
Old 2009-11-17, 14:21   Link #45
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Well, this week's Issue is Jump 51 (I think), so 2 to 3 weeks seems about right...or about when the film will come out.
And then we'll finally find out how high Shiki is on the food chain in the One Piece universe. Oh the debates you and I are going to have. Brace yourself .
Old 2009-11-17, 15:04   Link #46
Haxeye

Quote:
It's next week, this issue is #52 (on retail 11/21), remember these are spoilers for the chapter that isn't due out till this coming saturday. The spoilers that we should get next tuesday (if everything is normal schedule again) will be for chapter 565 and chapter 0 issue #53 (on retail 11/30).
Old 2009-11-17, 16:33   Link #47
marvelB

Neato, so we'll get two chapters next week. It's like Oda is giving us fans an early Christmas present! Can't wait to see how Shiki will be handled in the manga.....

Going back to the current chapter, I'm still hoping that Buggy and co. will be defrosted soon enough. I had mentioned the idea of Marco being the one to thaw them out before, but I guess Akainu will handle that duty when his magma meteor crashes down upon Marineford......
Old 2009-11-17, 16:57   Link #48
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Going back to the current chapter, I'm still hoping that Buggy and co. will be defrosted soon enough. I had mentioned the idea of Marco being the one to thaw them out before, but I guess Akainu will handle that duty when his magma meteor crashes down upon Marineford......
I'm all for this (I've grown to like Buggy a lot since the Impel Down arc), but he doesn't really have a purpose in this war (besides stealing fame that isn't rightfully his ). Furthermore, now that Whitebeard has finally made his move, the fun and games are over. This really isn't the time for us to be seeing Buggy's shenanigans. It's about Whitebeard's struggle to cling onto the last bits of his life and save Ace. Things are going to get very intense and serious from this point on, as they should be so as to make Whitebeard's last moments truly glorious.
Old 2009-11-17, 17:19   Link #49
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The bigger they are, the harder they fall. The Marines have suffered their 1st MAJOR loss with him. The other giants, though they were Vice-Admirals weren't really all that famous or anythin, John Giant however is. Even in death, Oars Jr is serving a valuable purpose. Good on the big fella
When did John Giant become famous? :O
They are all VAs..same rank. The only VA who we know is famous/powerful is Garp.

We don't have any extra information on any of the other VAs...
Old 2009-11-17, 19:01   Link #50
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
When did John Giant become famous? :O
They are all VAs..same rank. The only VA who we know is famous/powerful is Garp.

We don't have any extra information on any of the other VAs...
Well, he was one of the most interesting characters among the not-much-known about him group. And considering his age, status, medals, actions, they were all suggesting that he was a VA that is closer to Garp among the same ranks. Losing him in a single-blow like that is not something you can easily justify, unless your goal is to show Whitebeard's incomparable strength without touching the currently untouchables (Sengoku, Admirals, and Garp). And, I guess, that was what Oda intended to show.

Also, considering what the Marines did, using his sons against him by portraying him as a traitor, the result is something that the Marines deserved, especially if it were intended to be shown asap.
Old 2009-11-17, 20:52   Link #51
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

Every VA is unique from each other but none of them stand out, except for Garp and Tsuru... Most of them are swordsman and only a few host devil fruit power. They are the most experienced of the marines and they can handle extreme condition, and tolerate gruesome situation as Momonga did in Amazon Lily...
John Giant stand out among the VA cause he is a giant.. But I'm sure there is an incredible feat that make John Giant famous for...
Old 2009-11-17, 23:29   Link #52
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
And considering his age, status, medals, actions, they were all suggesting that he was a VA that is closer to Garp
His age? Hes just an old man. Whats so special about that?

His status? Hes a VA, just like the rest of the dozen.

Medals? None of the admirals wear any medals, does that mean they aren't powerful? Just because a character likes to blatantly display his awards doesn't mean anything.

Actions? What have we seen him do other then issuing orders to other lower ranking marines? How is that noteworthy in any way?

Hes just a secretary, like James has kindly pointed out on the first page.

I don't see why hes deserving of any more attention then any of the other VAs...

Last edited by paradox13; 2009-11-18 at 11:02.
Old 2009-11-18, 00:20   Link #53
james0246

^Yeah, but he is a Great Secretary....
Old 2009-11-18, 01:00   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I don't see why hes deserving of any more attention then any of the other VAs...
Here are a few reasons why some would consider John Giant in higher regard than the other vice admirals (excluding Garp and Tsuru):

1) After Luffy received his first bounty of 30 million, John Giant was the one chosen to give the speech on absolute justice to the thousands of marines in attendance at Marine Headquarters.

2) He has a unique attire that really makes him stand out. Not only that, but he's one of the very few marines that has medals on his jacket.

3) He was the one who personally dispatched the 5 buster call vice admirals during the Enies Lobby invasion led by the strawhats and company.

I'm playing the devil's advocate here and I know that these things are minor, but they do make him seem like a person with greater importance and authority than most of the other marines.
Old 2009-11-18, 01:53   Link #55
cheese4u
da big boss

People we know NOTHING about John the Giant, no back story, no subordinates, no strengths, no weaknesses. The only thing we do know is his rank, his name, and weapon of choice, anything other than that is just a preconceived notion based on perception. Never was it implied that he had the type of power that could take on Whitebeard. Garp, Maybe. But not John the Giant.

Whitebeard OTOH, is the world's strongest man. Why shouldn't someone with the power to destroy the world be able to take out, not an admiral, but a vice admiral in one hit? Considering what he's capable of, I'd think that would be the least of what he could do.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-11-18, 09:59   Link #56
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

the script is out. The steel wall thingy is to trap them on the Ice..and then for Akainu to melt it...doomin them all. Dam, this chapter is crazy. I think the showdown between Akainu vs Whitebeard is gonna happen in the next few chapters.
Old 2009-11-18, 12:51   Link #57
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
the script is out. The steel wall thingy is to trap them on the Ice..and then for Akainu to melt it...doomin them all. Dam, this chapter is crazy. I think the showdown between Akainu vs Whitebeard is gonna happen in the next few chapters.
Its not that bad strategy....

Aokiji freezes bay making pirates floor to advance.

Sengoku and marines traps pirates on frozen bay.

Akainu scorch entire bay melting ice and pirates.

Aokiji deep freezes entire bay again freezing surviving pirates.

Its sure is cruel and nothing but a massacre but its quite clean solution aswell. There is no escape for anyone and entire pirate fleet gets wiped out fast and permanently.
Old 2009-11-18, 13:22   Link #58
marvelB

Wow, early chapter is early. No complaints from me, of course.

Man, it was definitely crazy to see Whitebeard tilt not only the island, but the ocean, as well (pretty amusing to see that Doflamingo shared the same sentiment, heh). Still a bit disappointed that John Giant was taken down so quickly, but I do understand that his defeat also proves that Whitebeard is on a completely different level from the VAs (though I still suspect that Garp is the exception here). Also, quake punches are badass.

I'm guessing that Squado might take on an admiral in order to redeem himself for his foolish actions against Whitebeard (and seeing as Marco's with him, I think that makes it all the more possible that they'll team up since the phoenix man's one of the few people there who can go toe-to-toe against those guys, anyway). I'm also still crossing my fingers for one of those magma fists to defrost Buggy and his followers......

Oboy, I can't wait for those two chapters to come out next week!
Old 2009-11-18, 13:52   Link #59
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Hell Yeah at whitebeard destroying most of Marineford. The marines are gonna need a new HQ after this war is over. So now we have the pirates with the pacifista's behind them, akainu's lava punches above them and the admirals in front. Lets see how they get out of this one.

Also how did the admirals block whitebeards attack? There was no sign of them using their power so, Haki?

Gotta love how Whitebeard parried John Giant's attack with one hand like it was nothing. And i cant understand why some of you seem to be expecting something out of him just because he's an old character. Stop setting yourselves up for disappointment jeez. He's facing the strongest man in the world after all.

So next week both a regular chapter AND Chapter 0, I have a feeling this is gonna be worth all the breaks

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2009-11-18 at 14:17.
Old 2009-11-18, 14:23   Link #60
Prestige

Holy shit! Whitebeard ...

I had to collect my jaw under the desk when I saw that magnificent double page panel where Whitebeard tilted entire island and ocean around it.

Strongest man in the world... f*ck yeah

It looks real bad for pirates right now but aslong as Whitebeard can keep up its not over for them...and Oars noble charge was not in vain afterall... that one siege wall block that he is blocking may offer pirates a sliver of hope...

I just loved how Whitebeard thought ''We may still be victorious!''.

My Whitebeard fandom has been doubling after each chapter in this arc... god I love that old man...

Next week will be twice as epic...two chapters...
Closed Thread