AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 00:32   Link #961
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
And this may partially explain Ako's current Internet reputation...
What is is current reputation?
Old 2012-06-03, 00:34   Link #962
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What is is current reputation?
That she's cheap (a jab at her preference for quick, low-point hands), and the type of girl you'd usually catch engaging in enjou kousai/compensated dating.
Old 2012-06-03, 01:58   Link #963
Sumeragi
Banned

I think the name also contributes to that. The kanji for Ako includes the meanings "undecided" and "yearn for".
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 01:59   Link #964
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I think the name also contributes to that. The kanji for Ako includes the meanings "undecided" and "yearn for".
HHHNNNNGGGGGHHHHH
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 03:31   Link #965
Sumeragi
Banned

Might as well do this for all the girls of Achiga:

Shizuno (穏乃): Relaxed/peaceful/unmoving/trustful/calm person
Ako (憧): Undecided, yearn for
Kuro (玄): Black, deep, mysterious
Yuu (宥): Generous, magnanimous, support, capture, profound
Arata (灼): Burn, vigorous, clear
Harue (晴絵): Clear picture
Old 2012-06-03, 04:09   Link #966
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Might as well do this for all the girls of Achiga:

Shizuno (穏乃): Relaxed/peaceful/unmoving/trustful/calm person
Ako (憧): Undecided, yearn for
Kuro (玄): Black, deep, mysterious
Yuu (宥): Generous, magnanimous, support, capture, profound
Arata (灼): Burn, vigorous, clear
Harue (晴絵): Clear picture
Woah... Kuro is Deep and mysterious? Who knew what other abilities she has if she threw the dora...
And here I thought "Beautiful" Girl is the one who is clam and relaxed...
And SIR, please put that in a way such that it matches with their names.

Are your bodies ready for Achiga hen?
Old 2012-06-03, 04:12   Link #967
tsunade666

out of all those meaning behind those names. Kuro is the only one who looks doesn't suit her at all. Well will see if their is more to Kuro.

Ako is indeed what I like the most. Yearn for suit her
Old 2012-06-03, 04:32   Link #968
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Woah... Kuro is Deep and mysterious? Who knew what other abilities she has if she threw the dora...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
out of all those meaning behind those names. Kuro is the only one who looks doesn't suit her at all. Well will see if their is more to Kuro.
Frankly, I think the name is because of her hair.

Quote:
And SIR, please put that in a way such that it matches with their names.
1. Didn't understand.
2. Assuming you're calling me sir, it's mam.
Old 2012-06-03, 06:26   Link #969
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Frankly, I think the name is because of her hair.

1. Didn't understand.
2. Assuming you're calling me sir, it's mam.
1. Meaning how the character's characteristics fit in the description of the meanings of their names...( Sorry I am bad at english.)
2. I don't know if you are girl or boy, so I assume...

Also, I don't think her hair is black though... More of Dark Red to me.(Unless you mean the "Dark" part only, then ok I agree...)
Old 2012-06-03, 09:22   Link #970
tsunade666

her title is the yandere yuri goddess sumeragi-sama hence GODDESS your title isn't been read at all. it's been ask the same thing again.

Quote:
1. Meaning how the character's characteristics fit in the description of the meanings of their names...( Sorry I am bad at english.)

But she only translates it. She can't manipulate the meaning of it. Thus the other girls might give you a near description of the character itself. But Kuro is just Kuro. The meaning behind her name doesn't reflect her character and thus sumeragi just said that maybe it's just her hair.
Old 2012-06-03, 12:40   Link #971
Midonin
Last Engage

After a brief and unexpected deal with Spanish subtitles, this episode finally played properly. Seeing Momo and Yumi and crew again was nice, but seeing Kazekoshi was a pleasant surprise as well. All four of the "main" schools from last season returned, but not in a way that overshadows the leads of this side of the story.

There's probably some funny story behind the reason why Yuki was wearing a cape, but I'll leave that to my imagination for now.

So, this is it. Next week, the legendary Teru gets a chance to show exactly what she can do. This was a fine episode on its own, but next week is going to be a spectacle. Toki's got her powers and Kuro's got her powers that are also a drawback, but Teru... she may be able to best either of them.

This is going to be so exciting.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 12:45   Link #972
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm..... I'm not too convinced with how the anime team decided to portray Achiga. In the manga the matcfhes weren't really shown, but here they would have appeared to be just pushovers when they are nothing of the sort. Aw well.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 13:01   Link #973
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Hmm..... I'm not too convinced with how the anime team decided to portray Achiga. In the manga the matcfhes weren't really shown, but here they would have appeared to be just pushovers when they are nothing of the sort. Aw well.
Remember that even it's anime original, the additonal plot/story probably comes from Ritz (author) herself.

Ritz and anime studio has been in good corporation since first season ,so I don't see why it will be different here. (not to mention that staffs are the same as first season ,but in different studio)

Ah well, it's not that Achiga is weak, it's just that all godlike teams are happended to be in Nagano LOL.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-06-03 at 14:02.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 13:41   Link #974
EroKing

Episode 8

Yuuki

Priceless reaction right there

I hope the girls especially Kuro has improved from those practice matches as all hell is about break loose.
Old 2012-06-03, 13:53   Link #975
Kyuu
=^^=

Ewww Tacos,

===

OH sweet. The Wahaha van. XD

===

OK. Achiga practices while Kiyosumi do their round 2 match. And when we do watch Kiyosumi play this round, we'd know exactly what Achiga had been doing. Oh, this setup.

XD

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-06-03 at 14:13.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:23   Link #976
King-Slayer

I loved this episode for the nostalgia alone. I'm glad they extended the scenes with the Saki characters and they even beat the heck outta Achiga. I loved seeing the Kiysosumi side of the tournamnet albeit breifly. Tacos for the win!

Last edited by King-Slayer; 2012-06-03 at 14:25. Reason: wasn't finished
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 14:25   Link #977
tsunade666

It's KIRAME! with that voice! I knew it I would enjoy it.

Yuuki looking awesome there. Though I didn't think they would show that part with the beginning of the battle of Kiyosumi and darn.... what a way to put it. They show the matched for who will enter semi-finals is over but they don't spoil who will win.
Old 2012-06-03, 15:12   Link #978
Kyuu
=^^=

Now. I'm going to point out the "train in one day" (or some other relative short time period) cliche. Do not care who you are -- but -- one day of training isn't gonna improve one's game. With all the games the Achiga girls played ... they did learn one thing: They suck compared to those whom they played. Yet, the Achiga girls are aware of how much they suck. So, then, it comes a matter of holding onto their playing styles, or changing things up a bit.

For example: I'll be curious if Kuro resorts to being a dora magnet; or will she actually drop a dora to go off game?

Finally: Would anyone here like a ride?

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-03, 15:56   Link #979
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2
Ah well, it's not that Achiga is weak, it's just that all godlike teams are happended to be in Nagano LOL.
God, I missed the original cast so much and their ridiculous hax.

Well, at least this episode erased any doubt in my mind (not that there is much), Nagano is filled to brim with monsters. Every single one of the team in the finals of the prefecture tourney is on the National level.

Before this episode aired I thought that I was underestimating Achiga. After watching this episode, I wonder if I'm overestimating them.

Really I can't help but feel sorry for them. All of the strategy I can think of that will allow them to get second is if the other teams concentrated on each other and Achiga didn't register on their radar. Heck, if this isn't their side story I wouldn't even think about their chances at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu
Now. I'm going to point out the "train in one day" (or some other relative short time period) cliche. Do not care who you are -- but -- one day of training isn't gonna improve one's game. With all the games the Achiga girls played ... they did learn one thing: They suck compared to those whom they played. Yet, the Achiga girls are aware of how much they suck. So, then, it comes a matter of holding onto their playing styles, or changing things up a bit.
I'm with Kyuu on this one, I don't think Achiga did a level up on their training session since its just one day so its safe to assume they're still relatively at the same level of strength. I think for Kuro it would be better if she drop a dora so she doesn't have a big target on her back. She should just play a totally defensive game.

Now onto the best part, Teru is going to play. Finally!!!

Its also nice that in our first normal glimpse of her, she was reading before the match. Lol ... that's nice so Teru is a bookworm? Its a nice subtle hint to Teru and Saki's relationship...

With Saki's monstrous aura in the 3rd episode and this scene with Teru reading. I wonder if the author is somewhat implying that Saki and Teru are pretty similar to one another.

On another note, the book that Teru was reading I wonder if it has any title on it. The original have shown Saki reading Rord of the Rings ... I'll die laughing if Teru is reading Game of Thlones.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 15:57   Link #980
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Finally: Would anyone here like a ride?

Spoiler:
About that scene:
Spoiler for noticed:
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri