AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-01, 16:15   Link #101
Destined_Fate

Really sad that we didn't get Pink Call. If she was DLC I would get her.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 19:19   Link #102
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's over.

All promised features are a GO!
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 19:36   Link #103
marvelB

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Only one really minor thing though: One of the added features was a chiptune version of the soundtrack, and while that's all kinds of awesome, I sorta wonder why they didn't go the whole way and make one of the goals a full 8-bit "demake" version of the game as well? Now THAT would have been hella sweet!

Edit: Also, we got the results of the first Call vote! To pretty much nobody's surprise, design F is the winner, with E and H following in second and third place, respectively. But now it'll be up to the backers to choose from THOSE last 3 designs.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 19:45   Link #104
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Winners of the Call Contest:

1. F
2. E
3. H
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 20:01   Link #105
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Winners of the Call Contest:

1. F
2. E
3. H
f and e aren't really surprising but i have to admit i was not expecting h to take 3rd
Old 2013-10-01, 20:12   Link #106
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I liked B, E, F, G, and I and I would've been satisfied with any of them so I'm glad F won. I voted for I because I especially liked that design, but maybe these unused designs will turn up in this game or a possible sequel somewhere, if not then whatever. I'm mainly glad that Call got a nice design and is playable in not only Co-Op online but also has her own single player campaign.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 20:31   Link #107
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I liked B, E, F, G, and I and I would've been satisfied with any of them so I'm glad F won. I voted for I because I especially liked that design, but maybe these unused designs will turn up in this game or a possible sequel somewhere, if not then whatever. I'm mainly glad that Call got a nice design and is playable in not only Co-Op online but also has her own single player campaign.
Not a campaign, just a single level.
Old 2013-10-01, 20:35   Link #108
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Not a campaign, just a single level.
Ahh I must've misused the word, I was under the impression that a level and a boss would fall under "campaign"... ummm... well change what I said to "level and boss" then... ^^;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 20:53   Link #109
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Seems like the battle for third place was pretty tight in the Call votes. H probably just barely beat out the other designs. Glad F made it through just fine and thought E was pretty nice also. Though I think E had a real advantage with that little series of facial expressions, so not surprised it made it.

Anyways now the kickstarter is over so hopefully it'll be less stressful avoiding talking about it.
Old 2013-10-01, 21:29   Link #110
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Kind of wonderring where Not!Aero went. Did the production staff think it was TOO similar to Megaman Legend 3's design to use? That's too bad if it was, because it would be a nice "alternate" skin to use.
Old 2013-10-01, 21:37   Link #111
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In case of E,F and H being the finalists, I really hope E wins, she has the most unique design amongst them as far as I'm concerned. There was the argument that she didn't look very action girlish but roll never did look action girlish in the first place, but she still kicked butt.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 22:07   Link #112
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Kind of wonderring where Not!Aero went.
Was from the same designer as Not!Roll (F), and no artist could enter more than 1 design.
Old 2013-10-02, 01:51   Link #113
Destined_Fate

Would have rather we got Not!Aero over Not!Roll.

Regardless, I'm sure the results would have been the same no matter which Not!Character was chosen as both have very strong followings.
Old 2013-10-02, 02:02   Link #114
Tokkan

Yeah I suppose so. Funnily enough, H was designed by the same person who originally designed Aero (Komaki).
Old 2013-10-02, 08:57   Link #115
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Only one really minor thing though: One of the added features was a chiptune version of the soundtrack, and while that's all kinds of awesome, I sorta wonder why they didn't go the whole way and make one of the goals a full 8-bit "demake" version of the game as well? Now THAT would have been hella sweet!
That's a whole new game if they did that. The game will be done in 3D (perhaps going towards the whole Guilty Gear Xrd asthetics that many people are asking for). They'd have to create a whole new set of sprites from nothing and make them work exactly like the 3D version. Its not a practical thing to do. Same reason why the extra Call level+boss is not a full campaign.

Someone on stream chat had an interesting suggestion though (8-4 mentioned it on the stream too). Make the chosen Call fight the other Call designs as bosses. Sounds like delicious DLC material right there.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 14:41   Link #116
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
That's a whole new game if they did that. The game will be done in 3D (perhaps going towards the whole Guilty Gear Xrd asthetics that many people are asking for). They'd have to create a whole new set of sprites from nothing and make them work exactly like the 3D version. Its not a practical thing to do. Same reason why the extra Call level+boss is not a full campaign.

Yeah, after making that post I thought it over and also came to the conclusion that it would've been a heck of a lot of trouble for the staff, despite all the support they got. Though maybe it's possible that they could also make a single 8-bit level as a bonus DLC stage or something. In fact, Inticreates did something very much like that years ago in ZX Advent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Someone on stream chat had an interesting suggestion though (8-4 mentioned it on the stream too). Make the chosen Call fight the other Call designs as bosses. Sounds like delicious DLC material right there.

Yeah, I also had that idea. In particular, design C looks the most fitting as a boss, IMO. Though I also wouldn't mind seeing some of those other rejected designs being used as additional characters in future games (be they friend, foe, rival, etc.).
Old 2013-10-02, 15:11   Link #117
KBTKaiser

They were joking that a full Call mode vs. the rejected Call Designs would be set at the next million.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:17   Link #118
Destined_Fate

I would have loved Call vs Calls. >_>
Old 2013-10-02, 16:33   Link #119
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
They were joking that a full Call mode vs. the rejected Call Designs would be set at the next million.

Though it was meant as a joke, it would also be oddly fitting considering that in the end we'll have eight rejected Call designs.
Old 2013-10-02, 21:42   Link #120
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Say, about that last mystery stretch goal (after reaching Online Multiplayer Battle Mode), was it meant to have full-voice acting and animated cutscenes (ala Megaman/Rockman 8)?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote